Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyres for Civic 8th Gen (aka Reborn)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tyres for Civic 8th Gen (aka Reborn)

AOA/Hello

Alhamdulillah have got Civic VTi; that comes with steel rims; 195/65R15-91H EuroStar. I want to change its tyres to increase handling and grip on carpetted / highway roads keeping cabin noise level same or reduced. Please suggest brand / model / profile. Given high fuel prices; I will not want to affect the fuel consumption!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, bohat bohat mubarak ho Khurram bhai... Welcome to the reborn club.

Regarding tyres; I would suggest you to go for Michelin. They are expensive but are worth it. The dealer will also give you warranty for any tyre bubbles etc. Other than that, I have also experienced Dunlop which I think are suitable for the roads in Pakistan as they don't get hard too soon and therefore provide a good grip. The car loses the grip whenever the tyre gets harder irrespective of the amount of rubber left on it. I am sure you wont be looking for a larger Rim so for 15's I suppose you should go for the same profile that you currently have or may go for 205/60 R15. This would look a bit better on 15's.
    The more I get to know people, the more I like my dog!

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DB decible
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

205/60/15 is in fact less in diameter than 195/65/15 by about 3mm....so ur height will be lowered somewhat...try to look for 205/65/15.. it looks better and fills the wheel arches very well...i would recommend yoko dB hands down but sadly it doesnt come in 205/65/15 so look out for Yoko c-drive or even better c-drive2
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    205/60/15 is in fact less in diameter than 195/65/15 by about 3mm....so ur height will be lowered somewhat...
    Yes. That is the reason. 15" rims look proportionate. On 65, they somehow look smaller.
    The more I get to know people, the more I like my dog!

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yokohama DB decible or michelin enery saver.
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the greetings guys!

I originally planned for Yokohama dB with 205/65R15. Its considered good; is soft (good for Civic' suspension) and most importantly many shops have Yokohama stock (its a running item) so I thought I might be able to find the most fresh piece in the market easily but could not found fresh Yokohama dB..only A-Drive and that only in 195/65/15. Found Yokohama at one place in 205/60 but they had very old stamp.

Market is flooded with Maxxiss. In 195/65 the options were Dunlop LM703, A-Drive, C-Drive etc. Found Goodyear Assurance which seemed nice..it even had 2010 last weeks stamp. Went to Goodyear shop and they even had 2011 fresh imported ones...i have opted for this Goodyear Assurance thing..its 195/65/15; paid 7200 a piece, traded the stock EuroStar for 4000 a piece.

Yes...these might not be jaw dropping decisions but they are according to my budget I have funds now for registration and InshaAllah will get it done in next few days.
    <!-- / message -->

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default feedaback

Dear Khurram_Aziz Salam,

I was going through this thread since i also want to change tyres on CIVIC.

As you have installed the same size as stock wheels but a better brand than EURO STAR, can you please share what noticebly changed ???
    Like grip, handling.... compared to euro-star i am not sure if you have tested euro star before changing.

Also in my opinion its good that you kept original size but with better quality, since keeping original tyre size wont cause any extra loads on engine etc....

I have done my part and stuck since i have OEM alloys 15" dont want to mess around with it just need to replace EURO-STAR have driven 1300KM till now first i didnt want to replace EURO STAR since i thought it would be better than their XP brand but i guess i was wrong.

My feeling is euro star tyre is very clumpsy have driven at speed 175KM and some short shoots kinda street racing thing but dont get a feeling regarding handling and braking that i am driving a civic........

So may be tyre change would help me get out of this feeling or may be this civic is just another crap we in pakistan have to deal with

Any how my Part either i stick with stock tyre size i mean profile and width, or 205/60/ R15 but this makes car few mm/ approx 1/2 inch lower but would be easy on engine, or i go for 205/65/R15 which would increase some 1 inch i guess but would be going way out from stock.

So my point is like you stayed with OEM size i might want to do the same only if there is some noticeable difference other wise no point .

Please provide your experience to help me understand.

Other fellow memebrs can also reply as suggestions are welcome

Also i am looking at YOKOHAMA advan AD08, or AD07, found out that 205/60/R15 would be available in AD07 again would lower my ride which i am not that much interested since everyone knows how roads are here

Thanks.

Regards,
    KJ.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default civic reborn tyres

I was facing same problem last month. After much discussion with the experts as well as with users, I change my new civic tyre size from 195/65-R15 to 205/65-R15 and tyres I choose are Continental's ContiPremiumContact2.
    Tyres are superb. Nice handeling, good road grip bracking etc but a little noisy..
    ..........AND........
    In my previous Reborn 2010 I was using Yokohama Advan dB v551 in 195/65-R15 size. NO DOUBT Advan dB v551 are the most silent tyres comapre to any other available brand. Negletable tyre/road sound in cabin with excelent handling.
    So my openion is Yokohama Advan dB v551 are the best tyres. and for size, if u want a little wide and a half inch height increase then go for 205/65-R15, its a minor change. Otherwise 195/65-R15 just fine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As bilal posted earlier; 205/65/15 looks best; try to find Michelin Energy Saver in this profile. I am satisfied with Goodyear Assurance; the road grip and braking is much better...on wet roads they continue to give good handling!

Assess the market and go with the most fresh and soft tyre...avoid Dunlop LM / A-Drive and C-Drive and dont forget to check the date stamp on all tyres!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Guys,

Thanks a lot for providing feedback on my query.

So looking at all the posts and replies i guess its the problem in TYRE and not the car itself (cause it made me feel spending highest amount of money for locally manufactured car is just dumb, since corolla XLI with some decent tyre not very high end i mean performs good then my current setup civic).

Also own iDSI have installed dunlop DIREZZA handling and grip is marvelous ( 195/60 R14) since iDSI is not good suspension wise it feels hard but got accomodated since better handling is my first choice. previously i used dunlop LM which i belive are (DOU NUMBER in market) as it started popping out bubbles after 2 months also it was a fresh tyre , as said by AZIZ stay away, this time i want to change brand anything except dunlop although DIREZZA gave me good experience but since it was new in market at that time when i bought i guess in 2005 so may be original tyre.

ill post you guys once i have installed tyres since i am waiting for AD08 to arrive by end of november will physically check if my heart and mind says will go for it, otherwise will go for 205/65/R15 in YOKO or MICHILIEN or CONTI. HAHAHA may be increase in inch might give me possibility for adding body kit somtime in future.

By the way do any one knows where these continental tyres comming in PAK i mean originally these are german brand correct me if i am wrong, so i highly suspect they are getting imported from GERMANY.

Thanks alot guys for sharing experiences.

Regards,
    KJ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Guys,

After a hectic day lots of head banging and head scratching got my tyres.

Yokohama AVS db 550 year stamp 1311 no other option was attractive in size 205/65 R15.
    did Check Sumitomo, Michillen, Dunlop but were quite old.

Approx 1/2 inch increase in height speed difference at speedo would be now 100km/hr = stock tyre 102km/hr.

i would say now civic is like civic not a gadha garie anymore huge difference tested on road reflectors, on bumps and ditches as we pakistani drivers have to face no matter which city u live in, the rattling sound or humming sound is gone completly as if driving in clouds LOL hahahaha. seriously quite a good tyre although i dont like pattern that much as was interested in patterns like DIREZZA, AD08, AD07 but can live with it.

Thanks for your help.

Regrads,
    KJ.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List