Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cleaning Civic 1.8 Catalytic Conveter?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cleaning Civic 1.8 Catalytic Conveter?

Hi everybody,
    I have Civic 1.8 and believe it has a choked catalytic converter. I contacted Honda Center dealer in Pindi and they told me to bring the car and they can "clean" the catalytic converter. I would like to know if it is even possible to "clean" a catalytic converter and if anyone has first hand experience getting this service.

Thanks.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i didnt know that local civic have a catalytic converter!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had it done on my Civic 2007 a couple of years back from Honda Islamabad. The performance issues were resolved after that, but there has been sort of a metallic hissing noise ever since which is quite audible even when engine is idling. When I complained, they told me that it was "normal", and the only way to get rid of it was to change the catalytic converter altogether, which they said would cost me around Rs 60,000.

Do share the outcome if you decide to get it cleaned.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

got mine cleaned up a year back at honda north in peshawar.no issues since then. the car runs perfectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@drmac, did you also feel the metal hissing sound after you got it cleaned, and what were the charges?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have seen reborns sound really weird at iddling and upon acceleration (heavy dirty exhaust sound)
    i wonder is it because few people removed the cat converters?
    or thats the way it sounds normally ?
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have heared about a solution available in market to pour into the fuel tank for cat wash.
    Any update?
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have japanese civic 1994...
    ager remove karvado to....
    Cars, furs, and gems were not my weaknesses....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    i have heared about a solution available in market to pour into the fuel tank for cat wash.
    Any update?

@ skill

bro, plz find me the name that product..

thanx..
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Catalytic converter is never 'washed / cleaned' it is a replacement item as fuel, air & oil filter. Check your car's owners manual for periodic replacement of such items
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    something fishy about number of total posts !!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    Any update?
    You are right dear, i also heard it...i m agreed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Mr. Arshad Ahsan, SM (E&M) HQs, Chairman.
    ******Aristrocrat******

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

an eight months old DIG
    Waiting for the Dawn......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys, I put metal catalytic converter today in my 2008 Civic Prosmatec and it has completely 100% restored the original sound of the car......My catcon broke inside couple of months back so had to be taken out completely.....I added a small dholki at first which lowered the noise considerably but it was like 70% of the original sound......I searched the pakwheels forums and found Mr Qaiser_Imam experience for metal catcon installed by Asghar Sb in I-9 Islamabad.....

he makes his own metal catcons with dual plates (Jalli) based on original ........and boy o boy it works......very good pickup....beautiful sound...........I was worried that Engine warning light might come up but nothing like that happened.........so for all the guys who are running without catcons producing horrible sounds , plz go do yourself a favor and install this one......As provided by Qaiser sb previously ,details are as follows: he is a professional and a very vice dude.....even if some of you have installed dholki's , he will remove that and will replace it with iron pipe......

Mr. Asghar Ali Moughal, Asghar Welding works
    Address: Basement no 3, Alnoor plaza, I - 9 markaz. Opposite VEBRA workshop. Islamabad

Charges: 7000 Rs.

regards....
    ******Aristrocrat******

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can also get your catcons cleaned by dholki guy at sarya chok.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default gratitude message

Hey there Mr. IDL2000....i am totally aware its sort of too late to reply on this thread....but since im happy plus excited and like into millions...therefore wanted a shout out to all my homies here..specially the guy adressed above.....ok..my story is..i bought a 2010 civic prosmatic like 5 months back and was enjoying the ride to the fullest (i was a stupid a actually, as i havent driven any given normal civic so never knew mine's was totally catalyticaly chocked up or rather f"d up). Anyways I thought thats what it is and driving my civic though noticing that sinple xlis or eagle eye civics, or all the Jap Crap or at times ecen cultus level stuff use to give me tough time. But never mind i was in the **** pit doing my thing.
    It was 2 days back 26 of Nov, 2015 i planned a shorty to lahore and on the motorway i was unable to achieve a 120...i blamed myself being a new automatic pilot earlier had been riding manual stuff...so struggled the whole freaking 4 to 5 hours on M2 and had to refueled as I remained a victim of high rpm and low speed...but never mind reached lahore and landed at village and food made me forgot everthing. Had a lovely day next day and left at 1 am for pindi (yup im a pindi boy and im proud of it) sorry haters...but thissssss issssss how we DO IT)....never mind coming back...wifey and kids sleeping...same shiiiiiii started again i was in a war with rpm ...and gear shifting..and 100 was like a cricket 100 for me. When i avhieved it at very few occassions. Still had no clues whats going on...i had a feeling....gear switching is the culprit..may be the sensor....but too late...sleep...food....tiredness...and many other factors kept me confused...and then cane the kalar kahar part...and man...i was on my toes...though driving...but scarred....the damn 1.8 car literally became a tonga....trucks faster then me on my left...daewoos faster then me...behind me...cars faster then me ofcourse in the fast lane...i was like a ***** on the road...with full pedal and not achieving even 30 kmh...that was thw time...i was like oh man...car is outta power...thats was it..i was scarred and with the loud sound of engine...shaky body...and speed constantly dropping...my eyes were on the heat gauge...predicting it might go high...and i was planning alternatives...that how i will send my family to home..and come back...as i was expecting a break down...but then salt mine ended and a slope came...and my car turned from a geedar to shair again....i reached home...at 5 am...and though hell sleepy...googled and googled...international stuff...then woke up next day...and googled and googled again...pakwheels stuff...and hell yes...hit this post....called the guy...had a feeling he is a eik number guy..today got my car done...and here i am writing this post...whether its read by some 1 or not....i am enjoying my ride....it has speed now...throttle response is excellent...sound is same...and now i know what an 1.8 car is....thanks everybody for helping me out ...i am greatfull to all...and a message to all 8th generation civic riders...u dont know...what ur missing....if u havent done this...i understand...my comment may not be a "Go Green" one...but reality bites at time...thanks once again...every body..the guy in 1-9 is my hero..Asghar ...is my hero...salame o alaikum

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zahidwasif View Post
    Hey there Mr. IDL2000....i am totally aware its sort of too late to reply on this thread....but since im happy plus excited and like into millions...therefore wanted a shout out to all my homies here..specially the guy adressed above.....ok..my story is..i bought a 2010 civic prosmatic like 5 months back and was enjoying the ride to the fullest (i was a stupid a actually, as i havent driven any given normal civic so never knew mine's was totally catalyticaly chocked up or rather f"d up). Anyways I thought thats what it is and driving my civic though noticing that sinple xlis or eagle eye civics, or all the Jap Crap or at times ecen cultus level stuff use to give me tough time. But never mind i was in the **** pit doing my thing.
    It was 2 days back 26 of Nov, 2015 i planned a shorty to lahore and on the motorway i was unable to achieve a 120...i blamed myself being a new automatic pilot earlier had been riding manual stuff...so struggled the whole freaking 4 to 5 hours on M2 and had to refueled as I remained a victim of high rpm and low speed...but never mind reached lahore and landed at village and food made me forgot everthing. Had a lovely day next day and left at 1 am for pindi (yup im a pindi boy and im proud of it) sorry haters...but thissssss issssss how we DO IT)....never mind coming back...wifey and kids sleeping...same shiiiiiii started again i was in a war with rpm ...and gear shifting..and 100 was like a cricket 100 for me. When i avhieved it at very few occassions. Still had no clues whats going on...i had a feeling....gear switching is the culprit..may be the sensor....but too late...sleep...food....tiredness...and many other factors kept me confused...and then cane the kalar kahar part...and man...i was on my toes...though driving...but scarred....the damn 1.8 car literally became a tonga....trucks faster then me on my left...daewoos faster then me...behind me...cars faster then me ofcourse in the fast lane...i was like a ***** on the road...with full pedal and not achieving even 30 kmh...that was thw time...i was like oh man...car is outta power...thats was it..i was scarred and with the loud sound of engine...shaky body...and speed constantly dropping...my eyes were on the heat gauge...predicting it might go high...and i was planning alternatives...that how i will send my family to home..and come back...as i was expecting a break down...but then salt mine ended and a slope came...and my car turned from a geedar to shair again....i reached home...at 5 am...and though hell sleepy...googled and googled...international stuff...then woke up next day...and googled and googled again...pakwheels stuff...and hell yes...hit this post....called the guy...had a feeling he is a eik number guy..today got my car done...and here i am writing this post...whether its read by some 1 or not....i am enjoying my ride....it has speed now...throttle response is excellent...sound is same...and now i know what an 1.8 car is....thanks everybody for helping me out ...i am greatfull to all...and a message to all 8th generation civic riders...u dont know...what ur missing....if u havent done this...i understand...my comment may not be a "Go Green" one...but reality bites at time...thanks once again...every body..the guy in 1-9 is my hero..Asghar ...is my hero...salame o alaikum
    thanks brother for sharing.
    you got some nice writing skills.

i would say better still would be get the catcon replaced with the new one instead of metal jaali.

may be a working kabli catcon might also serve the purpose and would be an even better solution if we cant get the new one.

just a suggestion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First..thanks for your kind words....and second...i really value ur suggestion...its not "just" rather its "the" suggestion...but bro...i was stuck hard...and had to come out clean...now coming out clean with the most appropraite and allow me to say most expensive solution was not my priority...i just did what was the most urgent relief for me...sure..in future...i might do...what u said...thanks once again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zahidwasif View Post
    First..thanks for your kind words....and second...i really value ur suggestion...its not "just" rather its "the" suggestion...but bro...i was stuck hard...and had to come out clean...now coming out clean with the most appropraite and allow me to say most expensive solution was not my priority...i just did what was the most urgent relief for me...sure..in future...i might do...what u said...thanks once again

Hey Zahid, I am happy u are enjoying the experience, glad to be of help.....tc
    BTW how much he charged you? back in Nov 2012 it was 7K
    ******Aristrocrat******

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List