Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 97 Vti 1600 EFI engine heatup problem

Dear Friends
    I've Honda civic Vti 97 model 1600 EFI engine......... the problem is that car is perfectly fine without AC but when i use AC and accelerate it, It starts to heat up........ I've already checked the rediator, cleaned the old one than replaced it to new rediator which has aluminium Bars but problem is still there........... The main reason of my confusion is that it doesnt take heat without AC even i went on 160-170 KM speed on motorway. I went to nathia gali and other hill stations but car didnt take heat..... It only heats up when i accelerate the car with AC even i turned on AC while i was standing in parking for 30 min approx but it didnt rise the heat gage but as i started to drive it and speed it up,,, the heat gage started to rise...........
    Some of mechanic told me that there can be issue with AC unit which is putting load on engine so i replaced the compressor as it was already not working well... i also cleaned the condensor but problem is still there.....
    So kindly advise me about this issue and i'll be greatful if someone can tell me the rates of gass kit and head face charges as well as i want to replace the clutch plate and pressure plate so if anyone can tell me the price of clutch plate and pressure plate.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    1 of the two worst things of 96-00 models,
    over heating and suspension bushes
    sucks!

the aluminium head of this model is super sensitive. if replacing gasket and facing works for few other eventually have to change the head.
    and dont swap with a D15 head. the timings wont match

Absolutely rite sir ..
    There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love. ......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After reading all the posts i also tell you the same problem in my car beoc zit is also a 97 VTI it was also having the same problem when i drianed out the coolant of my car last winters and after that till last month i was much worried done many things and somone told me that overheating is also caused by bad wheel bearing becoz if they are worn the car will takemuch power to move and that will create the problem of overheating and after when ichanged the wheel bearing of my car till now mashallah no problem and it is also having coolant in its raditor two bottles of coolant and one litre of water and it is on the go......
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    1 of the two worst things of 96-00 models,
    over heating and suspension bushes
    sucks!

the aluminium head of this model is super sensitive. if replacing gasket and facing works for few other eventually have to change the head.
    and dont swap with a D15 head. the timings wont match

Hahahaaaa....... Now im really thinking to sale it out

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agharehan View Post
    Dear Xulifiqar, you r right.... there iznt Tharmostat valve in my car's engine.... and as far as coolant is concerned it was drained out when i installed new radiator and i didnt fill it with coolant coz rediator was opened twice or thrice... so now it has no coolant but simple water.... water body and water circulation is perfect cuz i saw frequent water circulation in rediator when i changed it.,... now tell me one thing if i add coolant to rediator, how much bottles shud i add to water or shud i use pure coolent in rediator?
    install the thermostat valve back in the engine - and while doing that check the condition of the waterpump metal inlet pipe with a mirror and light. It should be clean and not packed full of rust. If it is the coolant will never reach the radiator fully and just circle around in the engine.

To add coolant - remove all of the old coolant/water and use 50% or at least 30% conc coolant in your engine. for 50% mix equal quantity of coolant with water for 30% mix 1 part to 2 parts water, prepare in bucket pour in system and remove air pockets from bleeder nipple - it will be in the front of the engine (if equipped) if not - park the car on a slope facing upwards and fill - while taking out any air pockets.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx buddy.........Let me try it