Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Oem Keyless Entry for Civic iVTEC (8th Gen)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Oem Keyless Entry for Civic iVTEC (8th Gen)

One of the difference between Civic iVTEC (famously "VTi") and Civic Oriel is absence of Keyless Entry. You can get the OEM like Keyless Entry in iVTEC!

You need to get the Key with Remote from Atla$ dealer; current price is 6700Rs. This key comes without any cuts. Program the remote using the following steps. Get the cuts from some key maker, the key will not work in ignition due to Immobilizer. For this, make an appointment with Atla$ dealer for Immobilizer Programming. The Atla$ field engineer usually visit dealer once in a week; he will hook your Civic with the computer and enroll your new key into the Immobilizer. They charge 400Rs for this.

Civic Keyless Remote Programming

Wear your seat belts; close all doors; keep the doors unlocked!

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON / II; wait and let the Cluster finish testing etc
    2. Press the Lock button of remote
    3. Turn the ignition switch to OFF / I
    4. Do Step 1-3; three times
    5. Do Step 1-3 fourth time; this time you should hear door locks making sound; meaning its entered into Programming Mode
    6. Press the Lock button of remote once more; if you want to program multiple remotes; press Lock on each (three remotes can be programmed)
    7. Turn the ignition switch of OFF / I

The remote(s) are now programmed

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2AvH4bfddk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Url: ‪Civic Keyless Remote Programming‬‏ - YouTube

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imbigsmall View Post
    Salam brother!

I just bought a 2012 Ivtec Prosmatec. My question is, will it still work on this model? I asked Honda Classic in Islamabad for a blank Oriel key and they said its not available with us and we have to give this car to the factory to install the stuff for 10 thousand BLAH BLAH BLAH...
    How can I get the key now?
    Walikum Slam

You don't have to tell them that you need the key for your iVTEC; just go straight to their Spare Parts Office and ask for the remote key for Oriel. They usually have it in stock. Just get it and program it yourself with your iVTEC as per steps in the first post. See the video linked in the first post; its straight forward; no need to pay anything for such a simple thing.

I don't work in Atlas; there is 99.99% chances things are as-is; however to be on safe side; you can always check the existence of the Keyless Receiver by sourcing Oriel key from your friends and family. You don't have to completely program it; follow the steps up to "Step 5" in the first post; if you hear the door locks making sound it will confirm the existence of the Keyless Receiver.
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Walikum Slam

You don't have to tell them that you need the key for your iVTEC; just go straight to their Spare Parts Office and ask for the remote key for Oriel. They usually have it in stock. Just get it and program it yourself with your iVTEC as per steps in the first post. See the video linked in the first post; its straight forward; no need to pay anything for such a simple thing.

I don't work in Atlas; there is 99.99% chances things are as-is; however to be on safe side; you can always check the existence of the Keyless Receiver by sourcing Oriel key from your friends and family. You don't have to completely program it; follow the steps up to "Step 5" in the first post; if you hear the door locks making sound it will confirm the existence of the Keyless Receiver.
    Your right! It shall be so
    Thanks a lot for the help mate, I aprreciate it! )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i recently called my honda dealer and he said that you have to pay rs. 11,000 for the key and the programming..the car will stay for a day at the dealer;s for programming and you will receive the key after one week from lahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your dealer might be lazy and gave you rough estimate; visit the spare parts section and ask the guy there to check the price from computer. One can get the contact number of other 3S dealers from http://www.honda.com.pk/contact/dealer3s/ and verify the key's price and its availability. Back in 2011, I paid 6700Rs for the key, 500Rs to road side key maker for the cuts (key comes without the cuts; for pics see Page 1) and 400Rs for Immobilizer Enrolment.

For the Immobilizer enrolment; you dont have to leave the car at dealer; just get the appointment; as its usually done by Atlas' Field Engineer who visit the dealer once a week. Take your car accordingly; its hardly 5min process. Dont forget to take all the keys; as all keys are required for the enrolment.
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Called Drive In Honda motors karachi asked about key its in same price 6700rs
    and service department told me 4000rs for everything cutting and programming i told them i have ivtech not oriel they said sir we will handover ur car with working remote it will be our concern so leaving for nshah today when i will be back after two days i will go there and update here how it works..

And thank u very much for making this usefull thread u saved me from chinese keyless system

Civic Reborn Ivtech 2012

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a question regarding this. Is this just a remote ? or does it gives any other feature as well. Like what if i lock the doors using this remote lock button and then try to open the door using another key (without using the remote unlock button). Will it unlock or will it always require me to press the unlock button on remote ?
    FJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by surajoad View Post
    And thank u very much for making this usefull thread u saved me from chinese keyless system
    This was exactly the point of this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by lazers View Post
    I have a question regarding this. Is this just a remote ? or does it gives any other feature as well. Like what if i lock the doors using this remote lock button and then try to open the door using another key (without using the remote unlock button). Will it unlock or will it always require me to press the unlock button on remote ?
    I sometime wish there are other features like rolling up/down door windows or opening trunk etc but unfortunately the OEM one is just a remote with lock / unlock functionality

You can use the normal key to unlock when it was locked with remote and vice versa and unlike chinese keyless systems, it doesnt beg for remote unlock when unlocked with normal key.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But u pay around 8k for just a remote. IT would have been better if there was some security feature with it, no matter how basic. The other remotes or chinese keyless systems offer this basic security that car cannot be simply unlocked by a key. I think i will get this chinese one. An one Let me know if any better variants are available in the market

This was exactly the point of this thread!

I sometime wish there are other features like rolling up/down door windows or opening trunk etc but unfortunately the OEM one is just a remote with lock / unlock functionality

You can use the normal key to unlock when it was locked with remote and vice versa and unlike chinese keyless systems, it doesnt beg for remote unlock when unlocked with normal key.
    FJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You may go ahead and install those chinese system that will void your warranty of the electrical system. I have seen couple of bad cases due to such keyless / audio / tracker installations from road side shops. Always use good quality stuff from a well reputed shop and dont let your car manhandled by "ustaads" and "chootas"

This OEM approach doesnt void the warranty, its straightforward and painless; as two out of the three required things are already in place from the factory and you will not have to dismount or unscrew anything and virginity of your car's interior stay intact. Choice is yours!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You may go ahead and install those chinese system that will void your warranty of the electrical system. I have seen couple of bad cases due to such keyless / audio / tracker installations from road side shops. Always use good quality stuff from a well reputed shop and dont let your car manhandled by "ustaads" and "chootas"

This OEM approach doesnt void the warranty, its straightforward and painless; as two out of the three required things are already in place from the factory and you will not have to dismount or unscrew anything and virginity of your car's interior stay intact. Choice is yours!
    Well when it comes to touching even a single screw that is factory fitted, i just dont like the idea. That is why i still have not installed my amplified and woofer from my previous car which i took out, just because to connect amp, some portion of dash board needs to be opened . Or maybe i should wait a year at least to get this amp and woofer installed.
    FJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, finally got the the keyless entry in my car. PRice of new key was 6700 and encoding and cutting for Rs 500 each. I have a question, i still have 2 keys which i did not take with me, they need to be encoded, is there anyway i can encode those keys myself (those keys are simple keys which comes with ivtec manual)
    FJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its an enrolment of keys into the car's Immobilizer; and can be done @ Honda dealer using their software. You have to take all the keys you want to enrol.

Congrats for your black 9th Civic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaam Khurram bhai,
    I have 2011 ivtec Prosmetic and I have installed steel mate keyless entry system. Now I want to know that can I remove this system and installed this genuine one..?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_ahmed1 View Post
    Salaam Khurram bhai,
    I have 2011 ivtec Prosmetic and I have installed steel mate keyless entry system. Now I want to know that can I remove this system and installed this genuine one..?
    Han je u can ! ...steel mate thingy is real cheap. OEM key less FTW ! :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So I have to remove this system first and then install the genuine one...
    Right Umair bhai....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this the universal method for programming Keyless entry remotes or is this system just for Honda Civic???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_ahmed1 View Post
    So I have to remove this system first and then install the genuine one...
    Right Umair bhai....
    Take it to 3S. They will be able to do it !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this the Universal method or is it only for honda???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Traffic Police (15) has also introduced anti theft system which works like a push start system for 9k with anti snatching

Sent from my A900 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Traffic Police (15) has also introduced anti theft system which works like a push start system for 9k with anti snatching

Sent from my A900 using Tapatalk
    Bro interested, tell me more

Sent from my A50 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List