5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

I tried searching Pakwheels.Com for a 'Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club' thread but my search returned no results therefore i thought of making a new thread regarding this. Here is some information taken off Wikipedia regarding the Honda Civic 7th Generation:

The seventh generation of the Honda Civic was released in September 2000 as 2001 model. Compared to its predecessor, it retained similar exterior dimensions, but increased significantly in interior space thus bumping up Civic to a compact car size segment. There was a flat rear floor, giving better comfort to the rear seat passengers. This generation abandoned the front double wishbone suspension, which had been used in the fourth to sixth generations, replacing it with MacPherson strut.
    A 115 hp (86 kW) engine powered all Civics (except EX and Si), up 9 hp (7 kW) from the previous model. Power in the EX remained at 127 hp (95 kW), and all non-Si engines were stroked to 1.7 liters.

In 2003, the Civic was given new tail lights which created a circle when illuminated. For 2004, the Civic was given a facelifted front end with new headlights, bumper, and grille; it also received side skirts. In 2005 the U.S Honda introduced the Special Edition. It was available in LX or EX Special Edition.

The hybrid version arrived at North America in spring 2002.[1] It used both a small 1.3 L I4 main gasoline engine and auxiliary electric motors, producing a combined 93 hp. The electric motors are powered by a battery array which is charged by regenerative braking during deceleration, thus reducing exhaust emissions and extending fuel mileage to 46 mpg city / 51 mpg highway with the manual transmission according to EPA fuel mileage estimates.[2]

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2001 2003 Honda Civic sedan

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2000 2002 Honda Civic GLi sedan 01

Facelift Honda Civic 7th Gen.

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 04 05 Honda Civic LX coupe

Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    salaam,

I am writing this in extreme distress and request an immediate suggestion/help. my civic 2005 manual vti is really costing me time and effort due to this one problem. I had purchased this car in November 2014 and since then it had minor oil drops on the floor. I took it over to my mechanic in 2014 and he had replaced the tappet cover packing. this had partially and temporarily fixed the problem.

this problem then further aggravated in January 2016 and I was forced to carry her to Honda 2s. they replaced the tappet cover packing again but still the issue was not resolved. the Honda guys blamed the main seal for this. I dont trust them.

after through research, I went to another renowned mechanic in my area. he had worked upon the entire upper part of the engine because, according to him, there was leakage from thr upper seal and that is what trickles down to the floor. he replaced the vtec seals, the tappet cover packing (again) and washed the entire engine with petrol to get rid of all oil deposits. now today in the morning, I noticed a larger pool of oil leaked. I instantly called the mechanic and he says that the main seal is faulty and needs to be replaced. for that he will dismantle the gear box. I don't trust any of these incompetent idiots now.

Please help me in this regard and recommend me a good honest mechanic to get rid of this problem once and for all
    Whch oil drops? Engine oil? Wel i had encountered this problem too. There were drops of oil over night nd culprit was timing seal.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    Whch oil drops? Engine oil? Wel i had encountered this problem too. There were drops of oil over night nd culprit was timing seal.

ya engine oil. but it is on the centre side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ya engine oil. but it is on the centre side
    It could be the main seal on the flywheel side.
    But changing other seals without diagnosis is simply wasting money and time.
    Best way to detect the leaking point is by cleaning all the seepage and then look for the source.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salaam,

I am writing this in extreme distress and request an immediate suggestion/help. my civic 2005 manual vti is really costing me time and effort due to this one problem. I had purchased this car in November 2014 and since then it had minor oil drops on the floor. I took it over to my mechanic in 2014 and he had replaced the tappet cover packing. this had partially and temporarily fixed the problem.

this problem then further aggravated in January 2016 and I was forced to carry her to Honda 2s. they replaced the tappet cover packing again but still the issue was not resolved. the Honda guys blamed the main seal for this. I dont trust them.

after through research, I went to another renowned mechanic in my area. he had worked upon the entire upper part of the engine because, according to him, there was leakage from thr upper seal and that is what trickles down to the floor. he replaced the vtec seals, the tappet cover packing (again) and washed the entire engine with petrol to get rid of all oil deposits. now today in the morning, I noticed a larger pool of oil leaked. I instantly called the mechanic and he says that the main seal is faulty and needs to be replaced. for that he will dismantle the gear box. I don't trust any of these incompetent idiots now.

Please help me in this regard and recommend me a good honest mechanic to get rid of this problem once and for all

There are 2 seals on the timing side of the engine.
    1. Camshaft Seal
    2. Crankshaft Seal.

and 2 more on the gear side of engine
    1. Crankshaft Seal (Just behind the Flywheel)
    2. Camshaft Seal.

As you mentioned that the oil is coming form the center, so definitely your Crankshaft seal behind the flywheel is worn out . and to replace that, the gear box will have to be removed from the engine.

Do not call any mechanic or Honda staff INCOMPETENT IDIOTS unless you have the complete knowledge about cars. If you had complete knowledge, this would not have happened. . Honda staff told you the pin point location of leakage but you ignored them. Your mechanic didnt diagnosed it properly but still he reached to the main cause finally.

Contact Vicky on 0345-2589095 if you want to get rid of this problem forever
    For Mechanical Works and Car Detailing, Contact 0333-3738698

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam Civic Owners

I recently bought Civic 2003 VTI Oriel in good condition
    I have few questions please help me out with the stuff Thanks
    * The car was running on water i want to change it and want to add coolant which one is recommended ? Zic?
    * When i turn on the AC there is a whistle type sound for about 20 seconds? Is it normal or not?

Ammad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Salam Civic Owners

I recently bought Civic 2003 VTI Oriel in good condition
    I have few questions please help me out with the stuff Thanks
    * The car was running on water i want to change it and want to add coolant which one is recommended ? Zic?
    * When i turn on the AC there is a whistle type sound for about 20 seconds? Is it normal or not?

Ammad
    1.Use Honda Genuine Coolant. Expensive but lasts for more than 50k kilometers. That is pre mixed so you dont need to add water. Just buy it. Drain your current water. Fill the radiator again and drive for 5 mins. Again drain it then pour the pre mixed Coolant. You can get the one from toyota as well.

2. The whistle sound isnt normal though. I guess the belt is faulty. Check out the belts and their condition. Belt may be worning out. Replace it with a new one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by civic_90 View Post
    1.Use Honda Genuine Coolant. Expensive but lasts for more than 50k kilometers. That is pre mixed so you dont need to add water. Just buy it. Drain your current water. Fill the radiator again and drive for 5 mins. Again drain it then pour the pre mixed Coolant. You can get the one from toyota as well.

2. The whistle sound isnt normal though. I guess the belt is faulty. Check out the belts and their condition. Belt may be worning out. Replace it with a new one.
    Thanks alot brother for your response
    "Honda Genuine Coolant" is it available only at Honda and what would be the price ?
    Should i purchase Belt and get it replaced from Honda or from local shops? I haven't went to Honda but someone said to never give your car to local mechanics they ruin things. What do you recommend ?Does Honda charges alot?
    Also My car has done 138k on ODO though everything is well maintained what stuff should i get checked that could need changing
    Also i went to a mechanic to clean the cabin filter he said its not there should i buy that(whats the price) ? does it remove the bad smell etc from AC air

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Thanks alot brother for your response
    "Honda Genuine Coolant" is it available only at Honda and what would be the price ?
    Should i purchase Belt and get it replaced from Honda or from local shops? I haven't went to Honda but someone said to never give your car to local mechanics they ruin things. What do you recommend ?Does Honda charges alot?
    Also My car has done 138k on ODO though everything is well maintained what stuff should i get checked that could need changing
    Also i went to a mechanic to clean the cabin filter he said its not there should i buy that(whats the price) ? does it remove the bad smell etc from AC air
    You can google the price as i dont know the current price. 1 ltr may be around 700 rupees. And about 4 liter comes into this model.
    And regarding honda, my car is maintained at Honda Nazimabad in Karachi and I am pretty much satisfied with their work. They dont charge much. The labour charges are reasonable. They use genuine parts mostly unless you insist them to use local ones.

The cabin filter is necessary as it helps eleminating bad smells. Must have it.

You are going to change coolant. Other then that. Check the hose pipes condition. Replace them if too soft or too hard.

If you are not sure when was the engine and transmission oil changed, Just change both oils and maintain your own service record. Engine oil and filter should be changed at 3500 to 4000 kms. Transmission oil is to be changed at 40k kms.

Check out all the lights should be working. Suspension should be examined. Tighten all the undercarraige bolts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey Everyone. Can Anyone please tell me the OEM Battery Ampere size for 7th gen honda civic?

As of now, my cars battery is dead. Its power is 65 amps because when I purchased the car 4 years ago, it had complete power amp and subwoofer system which I removed immediately. in the beginning I changed the battery as the old one was almost dead. Since then, no extra electrical accessories in the car. Just a normal dvd player and Kenwood 718 speakers thats it.

it worked for almost 4 years which is more then enough. Now I have to replace it again.

I guess the original battery comes with around 50 Amperes.

Please guide.....

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well seeking help on urgent basis plz, the carpet of front driver side and right back passenger has gone wet all of a sudden, dont know how the water went thre but the carpet is all wet. Anyone for quick remedy plz? And wats the method to remove the carpet? Can the service station guy do it with ease? Or should i go to someone else?
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    Well seeking help on urgent basis plz, the carpet of front driver side and right back passenger has gone wet all of a sudden, dont know how the water went thre but the carpet is all wet. Anyone for quick remedy plz? And wats the method to remove the carpet? Can the service station guy do it with ease? Or should i go to someone else?
    Service station staff is not that much trained to do it properly. Get some denter. He knows how to dismantle and assemble the whole thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    Remove floor mats nd park it in sun for a day. Y removing it?

What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    Remove floor mats nd park it in sun for a day. Y removing it?

Did it but no joy. Will do it again tomoro. Thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone got suspension work done from gawalmandi?

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have CUSCO Coilovers for Es front pair, if anyone is intrstd, do let me knw. Buyers from twin cities appreciated

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A.o.A!!
    i want to buy civic 7th gen (vti oriel M/T) , LHR registered... should be in a very good condition... if someone is selling please let me know...
    A Love Between A Man And His Car Can Only Be Understood By Those Who Have Felt It

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1458773891.686184.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  175.0 KB Asalamalikum today i change oil this oil and really feel the difference perfect idle , no cold start issue...

Before this oil i used havoline formula 5w-30w

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syazaidi View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1458773891.686184.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  175.0 KB Asalamalikum today i change oil this oil and really feel the difference perfect idle , no cold start issue...

Before this oil i used havoline formula 5w-30w

Before that you were using Shell?
    And how much is your car driven ,isn't it bad to change the oil you use always after 1lack KM..

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No i was using caltex havoline formula 5w-30 ....

Mobil is same grade oil and same api...but oil quality is so so good...

Car driven 74000

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A close friend of mine has recently purchased 7thGen Civic 2005(end 2005 model). Car is in top class condition but there is one thing that confused me when I looked at his car. I knew that this model didn't came with immobilizer and transponder key, but the key that he got with the car had Honda emblem fallen off or may be deliberately removed and there was a hollow space underneath just like we have in keys having transponder chips. Now I want to know that is there any possibility that this model came with immobilizer in late 2005 and that it had been disabled by previous owner and got chip removed from the key???....
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

User Tag List