5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

I tried searching Pakwheels.Com for a 'Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club' thread but my search returned no results therefore i thought of making a new thread regarding this. Here is some information taken off Wikipedia regarding the Honda Civic 7th Generation:

The seventh generation of the Honda Civic was released in September 2000 as 2001 model. Compared to its predecessor, it retained similar exterior dimensions, but increased significantly in interior space thus bumping up Civic to a compact car size segment. There was a flat rear floor, giving better comfort to the rear seat passengers. This generation abandoned the front double wishbone suspension, which had been used in the fourth to sixth generations, replacing it with MacPherson strut.
    A 115 hp (86 kW) engine powered all Civics (except EX and Si), up 9 hp (7 kW) from the previous model. Power in the EX remained at 127 hp (95 kW), and all non-Si engines were stroked to 1.7 liters.

In 2003, the Civic was given new tail lights which created a circle when illuminated. For 2004, the Civic was given a facelifted front end with new headlights, bumper, and grille; it also received side skirts. In 2005 the U.S Honda introduced the Special Edition. It was available in LX or EX Special Edition.

The hybrid version arrived at North America in spring 2002.[1] It used both a small 1.3 L I4 main gasoline engine and auxiliary electric motors, producing a combined 93 hp. The electric motors are powered by a battery array which is charged by regenerative braking during deceleration, thus reducing exhaust emissions and extending fuel mileage to 46 mpg city / 51 mpg highway with the manual transmission according to EPA fuel mileage estimates.[2]

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2001 2003 Honda Civic sedan

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2000 2002 Honda Civic GLi sedan 01

Facelift Honda Civic 7th Gen.

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 04 05 Honda Civic LX coupe

Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaib.naeem View Post
    Assalamualaikum everyone! Following are the few things I'd like know:
    Details: EXi Prosmatec 2001, 137k driven. Oil used from day one is Liquimoly MoS2 10w40. Filters used: Alco. Total stock.
    I bought this car from someone I know around a year ago at 100k kms.
    Now the position is that I'm getting 9km/l with AC in city with light/normal foot.
    1. Can anybody recommend something which makes the fuel consumption better?
    2. I just replaced my plugs to NGK G-Power Platinum Alloy spark plugs. Is there any difference they can possibly make? Only difference I felt is a bit smooth drive. Previous ones were finished. Totally finished.
    3. What do the computer connection (some sort of tuning) actually do? From where can I get it done in Lahore? Preferably sasta. How much the Honda pit stop people charge for this?
    Thanks in advance to the one who will answer by mentioning numbers 1, 2, 3 while answering.

1. 10w-30 engine oil (be sure to have all other, including transmission, lubricants by honda) use good air and oil filter, take care of fuel filters, tyres and good petrol

2. Plugs definitely make a difference (though a very minor), try to find the video youtube as how adjust a plug for proper combustion

3. Any good workshop has scanners to check engine error codes, it may cost from 1000 to upwards

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Chaudhry

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Details: EXi Prosmatec 2001, 137k driven. Oil used from day one is Liquimoly MoS2 10w40. Filters used: Alco. Total stock.
    Now the position is that I'm getting 9km/l with AC in city with light/normal foot.
    2. I just replaced my plugs to NGK G-Power BKR6EGP (Stock No. 7092) Platinum Alloy spark plugs. Is there any difference they can possibly make? Only difference I felt is a bit smooth drive. Previous ones were finished. Totally finished.
    3. What do the computer connection (some sort of tuning) actually do? From where can I get it done in Lahore? Preferably sasta. How much the Honda pit stop people charge for this?
    Thanks in advance to the one who will answer by mentioning numbers 1, 2, 3 while answering.
    use oil zic a+ 5w20. u will find great improvements in ur fuel economy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2. I just replaced my plugs to NGK G-Power BKR6EGP (Stock No. 7092) Platinum Alloy spark plugs. Is there any difference they can possibly make? Only difference I felt is a bit smooth drive. Previous ones were finished. Totally finished.
    Exi prosmetic will give u the same mileage within city. Max 9.5 but doesnt give 10 in local with AC. I hav been driving one since 2008 its a 2003 exi prosmetic. The average goes down to 7 approx if u start revving rest motorway drive it gives me 10-10.5 at around 120+-. Relax and enjoy its drive. Already hav platinums installed but i dnt think they effect the mileage much. I m using honda 10w30 this time but will shift to fully synthetic in next oil change. Give it a try for a change, hope it gives an additional .5-1km increase per litre . Havent done computer tunning, if it helps u, do let me knw aswell. BOL

using PWz app
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    Exi prosmetic will give u the same mileage within city. Max 9.5 but doesnt give 10 in local with AC. I hav been driving one since 2008 its a 2003 exi prosmetic. The average goes down to 7 approx if u start revving rest motorway drive it gives me 10-10.5 at around 120+-. Relax and enjoy its drive. Already hav platinums installed but i dnt think they effect the mileage much. I m using honda 10w30 this time but will shift to fully synthetic in next oil change. Give it a try for a change, hope it gives an additional .5-1km increase per litre . Havent done computer tunning, if it helps u, do let me knw aswell. BOL

using PWz app
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhry44 View Post
    1. 10w-30 engine oil (be sure to have all other, including transmission, lubricants by honda) use good air and oil filter, take care of fuel filters, tyres and good petrol

2. Plugs definitely make a difference (though a very minor), try to find the video youtube as how adjust a plug for proper combustion

3. Any good workshop has scanners to check engine error codes, it may cost from 1000 to upwards

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    use oil zic a+ 5w20. u will find great improvements in ur fuel economy
    Thank you everyone but honestly speaking, I don't feel like changing the oil (company/grade) as the oil changing interval for Liqui Moly is 10k kms. (I'm not recommending this) As I'm using this from the day 1. Previous owner was using the same. Last time when I went for oil change after 10k kms, the worker at Filter House Lahore told me that you can still go around 2k kms with this oil. The company recommend 15k kms, but just because of bad driving conditions and fuel quality, I change it after 10k.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you everyone but honestly speaking, I don't feel like changing the oil (company/grade) as the oil changing interval for Liqui Moly is 10k kms. (I'm not recommending this) As I'm using this from the day 1. Previous owner was using the same. Last time when I went for oil change after 10k kms, the worker at Filter House Lahore told me that you can still go around 2k kms with this oil. The company recommend 15k kms, but just because of bad driving conditions and fuel quality, I change it after 10k.
    How much LiquiMoly oil cost btw?
    I think 5w40 fully synthetic oil gives best mileage since after changing mine to shell 10w30 mileage has decreased..
    You are getting best mileage from Exi. Just try to change gear at 2.5k RPM and don't do excessive break and it will improve by your driving style.

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    How much LiquiMoly oil cost btw?
    I think 5w40 fully synthetic oil gives best mileage since after changing mine to shell 10w30 mileage has decreased..
    You are getting best mileage from Exi. Just try to change gear at 2.5k RPM and don't do excessive break and it will improve by your driving style.

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Filter House Lahore is giving it for 4200/4L. I just found another man who was previously dealing in high end ICE, started selling imported oils and filters as well. He quoted 3600 for the same oil. Shop named Entertainment on Wheels, Johar Town Lahore.
    (ICE: In Car Entertainment)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Filter House Lahore is giving it for 4200/4L. I just found another man who was previously dealing in high end ICE, started selling imported oils and filters as well. He quoted 3600 for the same oil. Shop named Entertainment on Wheels, Johar Town Lahore.
    (ICE: In Car Entertainment)
    I am not gonna recommend this entertainment on wheel guy to anyone. In my experience, Insanely expensive and not trust worthy.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Faizan920 View Post
    I am not gonna recommend this entertainment on wheel guy to anyone. In my experience, Insanely expensive and not trust worthy.

He is not even good for Car Audio than what do you expect him with selling engine oils etc?
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I poured 50 ltrs fuel in my vti 2005 today. The reserve light was on and the gauge was below the red mark. anyone else with similar readings???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I poured 50 ltrs fuel in my vti 2005 today. The reserve light was on and the gauge was below the red mark. anyone else with similar readings???
    Never in my 250k drive. Its fuel tank capacity is 48L I think

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Never in my 250k drive. Its fuel tank capacity is 48L I think

Its not even 48 litres, reserve light comes on at 35 litres and m not sure how much the reserve fuel is but i think it should be 5 or max 10. Jdm tank is around 55-60 litres but surely not the pkdm one

using PWz app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its not even 48 litres, reserve light comes on at 35 litres and m not sure how much the reserve fuel is but i think it should be 5 or max 10. Jdm tank is around 55-60 litres but surely not the pkdm one

using PWz app
    I have filled it with 40L+ several times from reputed pump ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have filled it with 40L+ several times from reputed pump ...

Can u be specific that how much above 40L? Thre r reputed pumps in islamabad aswell that show more but fill less. I hav an exi since long and a jdm ferio 2005 in the family aswell so m pretty much sure that reserve light comes on at 35 litres for the pkdm version and hav no clue that how much is the resrve. It can be 5 or max 10 litres coz nvr driven to complete empty tank

using PWz app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can u be specific that how much above 40L? Thre r reputed pumps in islamabad aswell that show more but fill less. I hav an exi since long and a jdm ferio 2005 in the family aswell so m pretty much sure that reserve light comes on at 35 litres for the pkdm version and hav no clue that how much is the resrve. It can be 5 or max 10 litres coz nvr driven to complete empty tank

using PWz app
    40.xx, 41.xx max
    I read it somewhere that reserve is 8L, not sure where.
    If someone have owner Manuel it will be clarified, for me and everyone else

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pkdm owner's manual reads that reserve light may turn on at 5~10 litre remaining petrol
    Chaudhry

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Poured in shell helix hx7 5w-30 yesterday for better economy plus ease of myself till next 6000kms costed 2550 and guard filter for 250 or 350 dnt rmmbr now as bought diffrnt stuff. Last time poured genuine honda 10w-30 and mileage was max 9.5-10 on long which was less as i got 10.5-11 on fully synthetic zic A+ and i used fully synthetic since long so on mechanics advice tried shell as he said its better Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - b4fc83464bad858158acd75cb3438074

using PWz app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Poured in shell helix hx7 5w-30 yesterday for better economy plus ease of myself till next 6000kms costed 2550 and guard filter for 250 or 350 dnt rmmbr now as bought diffrnt stuff. Last time poured genuine honda 10w-30 and mileage was max 9.5-10 on long which was less as i got 10.5-11 on fully synthetic zic A+ and i used fully synthetic since long so on mechanics advice tried shell as he said its better Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - b4fc83464bad858158acd75cb3438074

using PWz app
    Shell 5w30 is semi synthetic. You can use total quartz 9000 5w30 which is fully synthetic and has same price with longer change interval.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaahmed96 View Post
    He is not even good for Car Audio than what do you expect him with selling engine oils etc?
    He's selling LiquiMoly MoS2 10W40 for 3600 which others are selling for 4000+. Ab kuch sasta day raha hai tou try kerna tou banta hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fuel tank in civic 7th gen is 35ltrs+10ltrs of reserve. Muu tak fill kerwa lein tou 47-48 max. 50 is pretty much impossible.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zulayed View Post
    Shell 5w30 is semi synthetic. You can use total quartz 9000 5w30 which is fully synthetic and has same price with longer change interval.
    I got it filled on my mechanics recommendation. If i dnt get good results then next oil change would be back Zic A+ nothing else

using PWz app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

User Tag List