5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

I tried searching Pakwheels.Com for a 'Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club' thread but my search returned no results therefore i thought of making a new thread regarding this. Here is some information taken off Wikipedia regarding the Honda Civic 7th Generation:

The seventh generation of the Honda Civic was released in September 2000 as 2001 model. Compared to its predecessor, it retained similar exterior dimensions, but increased significantly in interior space thus bumping up Civic to a compact car size segment. There was a flat rear floor, giving better comfort to the rear seat passengers. This generation abandoned the front double wishbone suspension, which had been used in the fourth to sixth generations, replacing it with MacPherson strut.
    A 115 hp (86 kW) engine powered all Civics (except EX and Si), up 9 hp (7 kW) from the previous model. Power in the EX remained at 127 hp (95 kW), and all non-Si engines were stroked to 1.7 liters.

In 2003, the Civic was given new tail lights which created a circle when illuminated. For 2004, the Civic was given a facelifted front end with new headlights, bumper, and grille; it also received side skirts. In 2005 the U.S Honda introduced the Special Edition. It was available in LX or EX Special Edition.

The hybrid version arrived at North America in spring 2002.[1] It used both a small 1.3 L I4 main gasoline engine and auxiliary electric motors, producing a combined 93 hp. The electric motors are powered by a battery array which is charged by regenerative braking during deceleration, thus reducing exhaust emissions and extending fuel mileage to 46 mpg city / 51 mpg highway with the manual transmission according to EPA fuel mileage estimates.[2]

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2001 2003 Honda Civic sedan

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2000 2002 Honda Civic GLi sedan 01

Facelift Honda Civic 7th Gen.

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 04 05 Honda Civic LX coupe

Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    Poured in shell helix hx7 5w-30 yesterday for better economy plus ease of myself till next 6000kms costed 2550 and guard filter for 250 or 350 dnt rmmbr now as bought diffrnt stuff. Last time poured genuine honda 10w-30 and mileage was max 9.5-10 on long which was less as i got 10.5-11 on fully synthetic zic A+ and i used fully synthetic since long so on mechanics advice tried shell as he said its better Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - b4fc83464bad858158acd75cb3438074

using PWz app
    shell hx7 5w30 is a very good oil. had used it for quite some time. a fellow pakwheeler recommended to shift to zic a+ 5w20. I was reluctant initially because my car is 145,000kms driven. but I tried zic a+ and it turned out to be a prudent decision. the car feels lot lighter and is giving me around 11-12 kmpl with normal traffic driving in karachi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    I got it filled on my mechanics recommendation. If i dnt get good results then next oil change would be back Zic A+ nothing else

using PWz app
    you won't be disappointed with shell hx7. its a very good oil. the Honda 10w30 is actually caltex havoline formula 10w30. so what you had poured is actually superior that the honda one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zulayed View Post
    Shell 5w30 is semi synthetic. You can use total quartz 9000 5w30 which is fully synthetic and has same price with longer change interval.
    totally agree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let me complete the 6k cycle and i will shift back to zic A+ 5w-20 again. Btw wats the diffrnce between 5w-20 and 0w-20?

using PWz app
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

M facing issue with rpm boys. Car idles smoth at 800rpm at hault. Whn evr i drive the car while moving i put car in neutral rpm dont come bck to 800 instead stays at some times 1000 some times 1200 it dont come back to 800 but as soon as i stop the car (hault situation) rpm comes back to 800 (proper idle place) after 2-3 seconds.

I have changes whole throtle body bcz of this annoying thing but it didnt work. Car does te same even after alot of adjustment nd japanese throtle (kabli).

Car is not showing check engine or stuff neither something is wrong with the car it drives great its just that rpm which dont come back even after throtle change.

That 2-3 second lag i too anoying when driving in streets. Seems like rpm hangs and then come to idle (800) only when i stop the car (hault situation)

Car is 2005 civic manual tranny.

I have spend almost 5k uptill now with this issue nd tried different mechanics who work in honda classic but all in veins instead honda people says car is behaving normally rpm works like this. Previously it was fine (as far as i remember).

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    M facing issue with rpm boys. Car idles smoth at 800rpm at hault. Whn evr i drive the car while moving i put car in neutral rpm dont come bck to 800 instead stays at some times 1000 some times 1200 it dont come back to 800 but as soon as i stop the car (hault situation) rpm comes back to 800 (proper idle place) after 2-3 seconds.

I have changes whole throtle body bcz of this annoying thing but it didnt work. Car does te same even after alot of adjustment nd japanese throtle (kabli).

Car is not showing check engine or stuff neither something is wrong with the car it drives great its just that rpm which dont come back even after throtle change.

That 2-3 second lag i too anoying when driving in streets. Seems like rpm hangs and then come to idle (800) only when i stop the car (hault situation)

I have spend almost 5k uptill now with this issue nd tried different mechanics who work in honda classic but all in veins instead honda people says car is behaving normally rpm works like this. Previously it was fine (as far as i remember).

If you ask me I would say this is completely normal behavior.
    Its your driving that is questionable. Why do you put your car in neutral while it's moving. Keep it in gear, coast down to near idle rpm like 1000 rpm, then gear down if you are slowing down further.

Is happening due to the coasting fuel supply which is required for smooth slowing down otherwise you will feel the jerk on releasing the throttle instantly.

I hope it helps

PS: I have a 02' Exi MT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    If you ask me I would say this is completely normal behavior.
    Its your driving that is questionable. Why do you put your car in neutral while it's moving. Keep it in gear, coast down to near idle rpm like 1000 rpm, then gear down if you are slowing down further.

Is happening due to the coasting fuel supply which is required for smooth slowing down otherwise you will feel the jerk on releasing the throttle instantly.

I hope it helps

PS: I have a 02' Exi MT.
    Thing is if i see a speed bump like 20 meter ahead nd im at wnough speed, i put car in neutral d start braking slowly to avoid bump(obviously) nd then this **** happens which is annoying as hell

+ while moving into neutral even at 1000 rpm also sometimes raises rpm to 1200 nd then it comes back to 800 after 2-3 seconds.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's normal

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thing is if i see a speed bump like 20 meter ahead nd im at wnough speed, i put car in neutral d start braking slowly to avoid bump(obviously) nd then this **** happens which is annoying as hell

+ while moving into neutral even at 1000 rpm also sometimes raises rpm to 1200 nd then it comes back to 800 after 2-3 seconds.

Rpm will remain high for a few seconds and then it will drop to 800 as soon as you release the clutch. In carburetor cars, the dashpot controls release of throttle on dipping the clutch.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    shell hx7 5w30 is a very good oil. had used it for quite some time. a fellow pakwheeler recommended to shift to zic a+ 5w20. I was reluctant initially because my car is 145,000kms driven. but I tried zic a+ and it turned out to be a prudent decision. the car feels lot lighter and is giving me around 11-12 kmpl with normal traffic driving in karachi.
    Brother have you used 5w40 fuly synthetic?
    I was using it before getting good mileage 10-11 on AC. Which will be better LiquiMoly 5w40 fully synthetic or Zic A+ 5w20 in terms of mileage and pick!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im using the ELM 327 mini bluetooth OBD 2 scanner on my 2005 exi. It shows various parameters but i am interested in seeing the instant kmpl, which somehow it is not showing. I am using the torque pro app.

any suggestions?
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Rpm will remain high for a few seconds and then it will drop to 800 as soon as you release the clutch. In carburetor cars, the dashpot controls release of throttle on dipping the clutch.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    Rpm dont drop to 800 even after puting it into neutral and releasing clutch in a moving car but as soon as car come to hault rpm drops to 800 with in 3-4 seconds

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should first brake until the rpm drops to idle and then disengage clutch and select the next appropriate gear and engage clutch.

As far as I remember the coasting throttle parameter is estimated by the ECU when you let the vehicle coast from above 90kph to 60kph probably in higher gear without braking and with clutch engaged.

This same parameter is updated for cng again. If you keep using one fuel this behavior will tune itself. This is my personal experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should first brake until the rpm drops to idle and then disengage clutch and select the next appropriate gear and engage clutch.

As far as I remember the coasting throttle parameter is estimated by the ECU when you let the vehicle coast from above 90kph to 60kph probably in higher gear without braking and with clutch engaged.

This same parameter is updated for cng again. If you keep using one fuel this behavior will tune itself. This is my personal experience.
    I used cng for straight 5 months weekly cruisng around 250km. Nd problem aroused with cng. Previously i dono that it came bck to 800 while cruising or its just i never noticed rpm before.

Regarding crusing in gear uptill 800 then dis engage the clutch also rises rpm to 1000 then it comes back to 800 after 3-4 seconds.

On a side note wats ur views on using this car on cng? It gives 200km in a cylinder but now m some how scared to drive it on cng after this issue.

Its oriel manual 2005

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On cng this can be set similar to that on petrol by the sensitivity/idle set screw on the cng kit.

When you blip the throttle while stationary, the rpm comes down, stays for a while between 1k and 1.2k and then comes down to idle. If on cng it behaves different, tune it from the cng kit knob.

By the way you are getting amazing mileage on cng that too in city. How's your driving style?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On cng this can be set similar to that on petrol by the sensitivity/idle set screw on the cng kit.

When you blip the throttle while stationary, the rpm comes down, stays for a while between 1k and 1.2k and then comes down to idle. If on cng it behaves different, tune it from the cng kit knob.

By the way you are getting amazing mileage on cng that too in city. How's your driving style?
    I just folow basic hyper miling techniques nothing special nd dont acccelerate to much no matter how much in hurry im. I also achieved 17kmpl on petrol with hyper miling

Talking bout cng. Dono y every one around me advices to not to use this car on cng. They like engine khrab ho jaega etc etc while i find that on cng it runs as gud as petrol. On that petrol punch is missing nothing else. Wats the theory behind this?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just folow basic hyper miling techniques nothing special nd dont acccelerate to much no matter how much in hurry im. I also achieved 17kmpl on petrol with hyper miling

Talking bout cng. Dono y every one around me advices to not to use this car on cng. They like engine khrab ho jaega etc etc while i find that on cng it runs as gud as petrol. On that petrol punch is missing nothing else. Wats the theory behind this?

Then your car would have D17A. PKDM Honda Civic Vti has D16W9 which consumes bit more fuel than D17A.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using PW Forums
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaahmed96 View Post
    Then your car would have D17A. PKDM Honda Civic Vti has D16W9 which consumes bit more fuel than D17A.

Yes its D17 as i have told on this forum 200 times :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Brother have you used 5w40 fuly synthetic?
    I was using it before getting good mileage 10-11 on AC. Which will be better LiquiMoly 5w40 fully synthetic or Zic A+ 5w20 in terms of mileage and pick!
    ZIC A+ 5w20. it gives excellent mileage. hassan and me using this oil and quite satisfied.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaahmed96 View Post

d16w9 is more fuel efficient as compared to d17. it's a 3 stage vtec engine which saves on fuel if driven with light foot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

User Tag List