5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

I tried searching Pakwheels.Com for a 'Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club' thread but my search returned no results therefore i thought of making a new thread regarding this. Here is some information taken off Wikipedia regarding the Honda Civic 7th Generation:

The seventh generation of the Honda Civic was released in September 2000 as 2001 model. Compared to its predecessor, it retained similar exterior dimensions, but increased significantly in interior space thus bumping up Civic to a compact car size segment. There was a flat rear floor, giving better comfort to the rear seat passengers. This generation abandoned the front double wishbone suspension, which had been used in the fourth to sixth generations, replacing it with MacPherson strut.
    A 115 hp (86 kW) engine powered all Civics (except EX and Si), up 9 hp (7 kW) from the previous model. Power in the EX remained at 127 hp (95 kW), and all non-Si engines were stroked to 1.7 liters.

In 2003, the Civic was given new tail lights which created a circle when illuminated. For 2004, the Civic was given a facelifted front end with new headlights, bumper, and grille; it also received side skirts. In 2005 the U.S Honda introduced the Special Edition. It was available in LX or EX Special Edition.

The hybrid version arrived at North America in spring 2002.[1] It used both a small 1.3 L I4 main gasoline engine and auxiliary electric motors, producing a combined 93 hp. The electric motors are powered by a battery array which is charged by regenerative braking during deceleration, thus reducing exhaust emissions and extending fuel mileage to 46 mpg city / 51 mpg highway with the manual transmission according to EPA fuel mileage estimates.[2]

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2001 2003 Honda Civic sedan

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2000 2002 Honda Civic GLi sedan 01

Facelift Honda Civic 7th Gen.

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 04 05 Honda Civic LX coupe

Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got myself a 7 gen exi prosmatic last month, needed much maintenance which has been going on since and things have been improving. It was giving less then 9 km/l and was too sluggish when i took hold of it, now after much changes the ride is much nippier and a bit more fuel efficient. The last tank's avg was 10.5 km/l, anyone getting better then that ?

Things which were done in a month's time whenever I got a chance:

1. Almost complete suspension done excluding rear bushes which were found ok
    2. Hydraulic steering removed and thrown away and replaced with EPS, since the later is available bold on while pump failure and fluid leakages are a constant issue in this model. I was most interested in removing the load of that extra belt from the engine though
    3. All brake disks and rotors changed including fluid
    4. Transmission oil changed with honda ATF
    5. CNG setup removed
    6. Tyres changed, stuck to 185/65 R15 since it came with R15 alloys
    7. Oil changed to zix xq 5w40, couldn't source a reliable oil filter at the moment so stuck to guard which at least seemed original
    8. Throttle body serviced, flimsy connections to sensors sorted out
    9. Radiator changed since last one was clogged. Water flushed, coolant added
    10. AC coil cleaned, it was badly clogged as was running without a filter. AC refrigerant topped up
    11. Alignment done as per specs given in manual
    12. Poured in a bottle of injector cleaner
    13. Some minor repairs like locks getting stuck, exhaust rubbers etc

Now it needs some attention to the exterior like misaligned bumpers and lights, and a good air filter. Any suggestions from where I can get the best one in Isl /rwp ? Most placed have guard / lippon type stuff or something claimed to be imported from thialand which does not seem any better.
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post
    Got myself a 7 gen exi prosmatic last month, needed much maintenance which has been going on since and things have been improving. It was giving less then 9 km/l and was too sluggish when i took hold of it, now after much changes the ride is much nippier and a bit more fuel efficient. The last tank's avg was 10.5 km/l, anyone getting better then that ?

2. Hydraulic steering removed and thrown away and replaced with EPS, since the later is available bold on while pump failure and fluid leakages are a constant issue in this model. I was most interested in removing the load of that extra belt from the engine though
    5. CNG setup removed
    7. Oil changed to zix xq 5w40, couldn't source a reliable oil filter at the moment so stuck to guard which at least seemed original
    9. Water flushed, coolant added
    10. AC coil cleaned, it was badly clogged as was running without a filter. AC refrigerant topped up

Now it needs some attention to the exterior like misaligned bumpers and lights, and a good air filter. Any suggestions from where I can get the best one in Isl /rwp ? Most placed have guard / lippon type stuff or something claimed to be imported from thialand which does not seem any better.
    I dont want to scare you but I learned never ever get these works done on a honda when u buy it..

A civic with CNG means mostly has headgaskit problems and typical heating up issues..
    If you bought it from someone u know then it's fine if not your car might have this disease and its sometime curable and sometimes not..
    i hope this is not the case and you have not exhausted your budget already

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought from someone I know, CNG was installed but sparingly used since the car was used for picking up children from school, total mileage around 100K only.

The engine was pretty healthy and wasn't heating up even with a clogged radiator and running water instead of coolant and low quality oil and filters :-D...... have driven it around 1000 kms now with no issues whatsoever in the worst of summer and stuck within traffic jams.........
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Selling my beloved ride:
    VTi Prosmatec 2004
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...osmatec-2004-a
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is OEM tire and RIM size for 2001 EXI Prosmatic?
    I need to know the factory size, currently using 195/65/15 which i think is not oem size for it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as i know it was 185/65/R14 for the exi Models back in 2004-2005. The 15" rims were only for Vtis.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A sticker on driver door says 175/70r13

But the car has 195/65r15

What are the major differences due to this size change? Should I go 13 or 15 now? Because previous owner put 15.

Does that hurt suspension and stealing and millage?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    As far as i know it was 185/65/R14 for the exi Models back in 2004-2005. The 15" rims were only for Vtis.
    correct

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranhu View Post
    A sticker on driver door says 175/70r13

But the car has 195/65r15

What are the major differences due to this size change? Should I go 13 or 15 now? Because previous owner put 15.

Does that hurt suspension and stealing and millage?

exi 185/65/r14
    vti 185/65/r15

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

5. CNG setup removed
    9. Radiator changed since last one was clogged. Water flushed, coolant added

You probably got one in bad condition.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exi prosmatec is a fuel guzzler. we hardly see any exi without a cng kit. people do keep their vti and oriel on petrol since they are a bit more fuel efficient.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All Civic owners.. I have recently purchased 2002 Vti Orial Prosmatic model.. Ots engine is changed and driven only around 60K Kms.. The car is giving me pathetic mileage of 6Km without Ac.. With Ac its giving 5.. No change occur through tunning.. Even after tunning i checked the throttle body again to some other mechanic but still mileage is same.. Now mechanics are saying prosmatic will give me same avg no matter what i do.. Plz suggest some solution..

Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saad.bukhari1 View Post
    All Civic owners.. I have recently purchased 2002 Vti Orial Prosmatic model.. Ots engine is changed and driven only around 60K Kms.. The car is giving me pathetic mileage of 6Km without Ac.. With Ac its giving 5.. No change occur through tunning.. Even after tunning i checked the throttle body again to some other mechanic but still mileage is same.. Now mechanics are saying prosmatic will give me same avg no matter what i do.. Plz suggest some solution..

First of check gear changing. Is it changing gears correctly? Could happen a faulty transmission and you are always driving in 2 or 3 gear.
    Check transmission (notice rpm while driving on low pedal).

Second, check fuel pump pressure and petrol injectors. Petrol must come on specific pressure and injectors holes must not exceed specific Dia, and extra petrol must return in reverse pipe.

Third, check idle rpm, smoke to gues possible ignition fault.

Fourth, check rear tires for possible jam in break drum. The car with Jammed break leathers don't feel much in driving but costs extra effort to engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranhu View Post
    First of check gear changing. Is it changing gears correctly? Could happen a faulty transmission and you are always driving in 2 or 3 gear.
    Check transmission (notice rpm while driving on low pedal).

Second, check fuel pump pressure and petrol injectors. Petrol must come on specific pressure and injectors holes must not exceed specific Dia, and extra petrol must return in reverse pipe.

Third, check idle rpm, smoke to gues possible ignition fault.

Fourth, check rear tires for possible jam in break drum. The car with Jammed break leathers don't feel much in driving but costs extra effort to engine.

Thanks for replying.. Car is shifting gears accurately and switch to 4th n 5th when required.. Throttle body was checked as per mechanic "Paisa" is accurately fit the whole.. Rpm doesn't drop during driving.. Idel rpm at cold is around 1200 and after getting warm its moves down to 800..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for replying.. Car is shifting gears accurately and switch to 4th n 5th when required.. Throttle body was checked as per mechanic "Paisa" is accurately fit the whole.. Rpm doesn't drop during driving.. Idel rpm at cold is around 1200 and after getting warm its moves down to 800..

Please check Rear wheel JAM
    AND
    FUEL pump pressure, back line and injectors.

Also. make an 'OBDII and Emissions Test'. vehicle must fail this test if some sensor or mechanism is faulty. you can visit from mechanic/electricition with honda diagnose kit (computer) and make it possible.

Rawalpindi: Arshad Electricition Sultan Kho
    Lahore: Saleem mechanic on SamanAbad new link road (nalai wala road connecting ferozpur with multan road.
    Islamabad: a mechanic in G-9 behind post office or some other mechanic with scanners in G-8.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    exi 185/65/r14
    vti 185/65/r15
    much confused, cause RIM b change kar k 14 pe karon ab when buying new tires? agar na karon or 195/65/15 hi lon new tires b to kia diff ha? how it effects ? grip/milage and comfort

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So the two questions I asked were :

1. Anyone getting better then 10.5 km/l from a exi prosmatic
    2. Any source of a better air filter in pindi / isl

Not getting any info on it, baqi fatway mil rahay :-D

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U mentioned the car in question is a 2002 oriel prosmatic... does it have rear drums ? is the tranny 5 speed ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cant be accurate but on petrol, my EXI PROSMATIC 2001 is giving 11.5KM/L and 10.5KM/L on AC (highway local mix).
    And on CNG, it gives 170KM (highway local mix) per a full tank (60 tank). and on morway, it gives 180 to 200KM/gas cylender without AC.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bilal bhai m getting almost 10 in local with AC. I think u hav seen my car and its on Petrol since 2012. Engine oil is shell 5w-30 and tyres are 195/65/r15. Btw my driving style is normal, sometimes i pump the gas to touch the redline and sometimes i dnt even touch 3k. As for air filter, bhai guard zindabad. I think v can get better economy if v shift back to 14 with 185/65/r14 tyre, but again thats may be

using PWz app
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

User Tag List