5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

I tried searching Pakwheels.Com for a 'Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club' thread but my search returned no results therefore i thought of making a new thread regarding this. Here is some information taken off Wikipedia regarding the Honda Civic 7th Generation:

The seventh generation of the Honda Civic was released in September 2000 as 2001 model. Compared to its predecessor, it retained similar exterior dimensions, but increased significantly in interior space thus bumping up Civic to a compact car size segment. There was a flat rear floor, giving better comfort to the rear seat passengers. This generation abandoned the front double wishbone suspension, which had been used in the fourth to sixth generations, replacing it with MacPherson strut.
    A 115 hp (86 kW) engine powered all Civics (except EX and Si), up 9 hp (7 kW) from the previous model. Power in the EX remained at 127 hp (95 kW), and all non-Si engines were stroked to 1.7 liters.

In 2003, the Civic was given new tail lights which created a circle when illuminated. For 2004, the Civic was given a facelifted front end with new headlights, bumper, and grille; it also received side skirts. In 2005 the U.S Honda introduced the Special Edition. It was available in LX or EX Special Edition.

The hybrid version arrived at North America in spring 2002.[1] It used both a small 1.3 L I4 main gasoline engine and auxiliary electric motors, producing a combined 93 hp. The electric motors are powered by a battery array which is charged by regenerative braking during deceleration, thus reducing exhaust emissions and extending fuel mileage to 46 mpg city / 51 mpg highway with the manual transmission according to EPA fuel mileage estimates.[2]

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2001 2003 Honda Civic sedan

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2000 2002 Honda Civic GLi sedan 01

Facelift Honda Civic 7th Gen.

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 04 05 Honda Civic LX coupe

Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Going for oil change today, please recommend which oil to go for?
    Car is civic vti manual ~128k driven. Have always been using honda genuine 10w30 oil except for last oil change i used castrol magnatec 10w40. I want to go for a comparatively thinner grade and higher quality, please recommend.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Going for oil change today, please recommend which oil to go for?
    Car is civic vti manual ~128k driven. Have always been using honda genuine 10w30 oil except for last oil change i used castrol magnatec 10w40. I want to go for a comparatively thinner grade and higher quality, please recommend.
    Use 5w30 fully synthetic. I recently poured Honda genuine.

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Use 5w30 fully synthetic. I recently poured Honda genuine.

its giving good results/mileage? what is its price

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I came to a conclusion in old cars oil grade doesnt effect much on mileage. I am getting 12 Highwhay mostly and some local with AC.
    3.7Ltr for 2400-2500
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I came to a conclusion in old cars oil grade doesnt effect much on mileage. I am getting 12 Highwhay mostly and some local with AC.
    3.7Ltr for 2400-2500
    Please recommend place to buy it? 3s dealerships or somewhere else? I guess 3s dealerships have higher prices... change interval is 5k or 10k?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please recommend place to buy it? 3s dealerships or somewhere else? I guess 3s dealerships have higher prices... change interval is 5k or 10k?
    Change interval is 5k. Get it from Honda Centre so you are sure its genuine. I bought it from Honda for this price.
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh. Overheating issues are generally fixed if u get the radiator serviced. And pouring good coolant.

Yaaar I seriously don't know what the hell went wrong Overheating cars have been one of my worst memories on motorway from cultus to this
    Dude I got the car completely maintained and comprehensively checked by this high profile "Concept Motors " in I-9 and I personally wasn't involved in this the best i could was to research & send list of parts to be checked etc
    since i don't reside in Isl i had entrusted someone with this anyhow that guy in his hefty bill close to a hundred thousand had written that he has performed radiator service and poured liqui moly green coolant

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    Yaaar I seriously don't know what the hell went wrong Overheating cars have been one of my worst memories on motorway from cultus to this
    Dude I got the car completely maintained and comprehensively checked by this high profile "Concept Motors " in I-9 and I personally wasn't involved in this the best i could was to research & send list of parts to be checked etc
    since i don't reside in Isl i had entrusted someone with this anyhow that guy in his hefty bill close to a hundred thousand had written that he has performed radiator service and poured liqui moly green coolant
    Any how fast forward we after getting fully satisfied by the car after driving it for a week in isl startted our journey poured HI-octane full tank since a famous honda mech if isl told us to floor the car on motorway to clear up the injectors and TB of carbon deposits but after like 100-10 kms as the speed varied from 110-140 the ac tripped at 5k rpm and the gauge shooted upwards we stopped the car and temp started to fall down and few minutes motorway help arrived they initially cooled down the radiator then poured water surprisingly the radiator bottle was boiling and throwing out water with bubbles but as the motorway patrol officer keept on pouring water it started to slow down though still continued to boil like anything then their mech arrived he made the fan direct and changed the precious MObil 2000 10w40 to havoline 20w50 as he claimed due to high temp the previous oil had lost "stickyness" viscosity and our head-gasket is stillsafe I am just baffled now to see the reservoir bottle has still coolant whilst the radiator was not sucking from it after that we resumed our journey w/o ac the car seems to be fine but it has left me question all the things i had got checked etc what should be my next course of action
    though i guess two culprits
    i.radiator cap has been messed up
    ii.the car was running on tap water for years and the coolant messed things up however it was drained before we started our journey as a precaution :/ @Xulfiqar @Ammad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any how fast forward we after getting fully satisfied by the car after driving it for a week in isl startted our journey poured HI-octane full tank since a famous honda mech if isl told us to floor the car on motorway to clear up the injectors and TB of carbon deposits but after like 100-10 kms as the speed varied from 110-140 the ac tripped at 5k rpm and the gauge shooted upwards we stopped the car and temp started to fall down and few minutes motorway help arrived they initially cooled down the radiator then poured water surprisingly the radiator bottle was boiling and throwing out water with bubbles but as the motorway patrol officer keept on pouring water it started to slow down though still continued to boil like anything then their mech arrived he made the fan direct and changed the precious MObil 2000 10w40 to havoline 20w50 as he claimed due to high temp the previous oil had lost "stickyness" viscosity and our head-gasket is stillsafe I am just baffled now to see the reservoir bottle has still coolant whilst the radiator was not sucking from it after that we resumed our journey w/o ac the car seems to be fine but it has left me question all the things i had got checked etc what should be my next course of action
    ii.the car was running on tap water for years and the coolant messed things up however it was drained before we started our journey as a precaution :/ @Xulfiqar @Ammad
    I wonder what made your mechanic think that throttle body can be cleaned by high octane. What you did on the motorway probably cleared some carbon deposits and freed up the exhaust.

If reservoir bottle was at same level, then you're right about the faulty cap(bad relief valve). The bubbles seen may also be related to radiator cap as it was not making pressure and the water/coolant started boiling. Ideally the water level should rise slightly then back off once the car cools

Which coolant was used?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    I wonder what made your mechanic think that throttle body can be cleaned by high octane. What you did on the motorway probably cleared some carbon deposits and freed up the exhaust.

If reservoir bottle was at same level, then you're right about the faulty cap(bad relief valve). The bubbles seen may also be related to radiator cap as it was not making pressure and the water/coolant started boiling. Ideally the water level should rise slightly then back off once the car cools

Which coolant was used?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    Liqui Moly green

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i would be obliged if someone helps me locate the engine block coolant drain nut via pictorial description if there is any in 7th gen vti

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Change interval is 5k. Get it from Honda Centre so you are sure its genuine. I bought it from Honda for this price.
    Have you tried HX7, how is it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

y were u stretching ur car to 5k rpm with ac on the first place?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did u find the light glass only? kindly share as ialso have to change one rear light its faded

What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    did u find the light glass only? kindly share as ialso have to change one rear light its faded

Driving with broken tail light for now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    y were u stretching ur car to 5k rpm with ac on the first place?

yar i mentioned i just got the car sorta renewed and the mech told me to floor the car on hi-octane to clear up carbon deposits in engine afterall its 1,50k+ on odo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar i mentioned i just got the car sorta renewed and the mech told me to floor the car on hi-octane to clear up carbon deposits in engine afterall its 1,50k+ on odo
    for that you could run a half glass of water into the intake and it would clear up the carbon spots.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaahmed96 View Post
    for that you could run a half glass of water into the intake and it would clear up the carbon spots.
    sir reading my previous posts can u suggest me any further course of actions i should take?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought civic 2005 in jan 2015. Your complete story seems exactly like mine. Coming from cultus, i was vety excited with my civic. Spent a lot on liquimoly coolant and oil. All sorts of maint. Car seemed fine in city drive. Even on GT road from rwp to lahore it drove fine. But coming back from lhr on motorway, i drove at 120-130 with ac for around 30 mins. Ac stopped working and car heated up. Gaskit was the culprit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by viking85 View Post
    I bought civic 2005 in jan 2015. Your complete story seems exactly like mine. Coming from cultus, i was vety excited with my civic. Spent a lot on liquimoly coolant and oil. All sorts of maint. Car seemed fine in city drive. Even on GT road from rwp to lahore it drove fine. But coming back from lhr on motorway, i drove at 120-130 with ac for around 30 mins. Ac stopped working and car heated up. Gaskit was the culprit.
    yar what am i supposed to do now ? should i revamp the cooling system again?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

User Tag List