5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

I tried searching Pakwheels.Com for a 'Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club' thread but my search returned no results therefore i thought of making a new thread regarding this. Here is some information taken off Wikipedia regarding the Honda Civic 7th Generation:

The seventh generation of the Honda Civic was released in September 2000 as 2001 model. Compared to its predecessor, it retained similar exterior dimensions, but increased significantly in interior space thus bumping up Civic to a compact car size segment. There was a flat rear floor, giving better comfort to the rear seat passengers. This generation abandoned the front double wishbone suspension, which had been used in the fourth to sixth generations, replacing it with MacPherson strut.
    A 115 hp (86 kW) engine powered all Civics (except EX and Si), up 9 hp (7 kW) from the previous model. Power in the EX remained at 127 hp (95 kW), and all non-Si engines were stroked to 1.7 liters.

In 2003, the Civic was given new tail lights which created a circle when illuminated. For 2004, the Civic was given a facelifted front end with new headlights, bumper, and grille; it also received side skirts. In 2005 the U.S Honda introduced the Special Edition. It was available in LX or EX Special Edition.

The hybrid version arrived at North America in spring 2002.[1] It used both a small 1.3 L I4 main gasoline engine and auxiliary electric motors, producing a combined 93 hp. The electric motors are powered by a battery array which is charged by regenerative braking during deceleration, thus reducing exhaust emissions and extending fuel mileage to 46 mpg city / 51 mpg highway with the manual transmission according to EPA fuel mileage estimates.[2]

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2001 2003 Honda Civic sedan

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2000 2002 Honda Civic GLi sedan 01

Facelift Honda Civic 7th Gen.

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 04 05 Honda Civic LX coupe

Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This happened twice on motorway. Came to know that the head had been faced earlier on as well and gaskit was replaced twice. An indication is oil deposit in the water reserve bottle and radiator. Got the engine changed with a japanese one. Been worry free since then. Driven on motorway even at 160s. Been all over. Southern punjab to kashmir. Troublefree. I too was confused about the cooling system. But if it only heats at motorway. It means it does it under higher load at higher rpms. My guess is a weak engine. Leak somewhere.
    Get a compression test done.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    yar what am i supposed to do now ? should i revamp the cooling system again?
    It is because of cooling system leakage. Start with changing radiator cap, then check any pipe leakage. If this doesn't work then don't spend money on finding solutions and change your engine assembly. It is way cheaper then finding solutions and still you are gonna end up changing engine

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hondas are not heat friendly. In most of cases i have seen head warps because of overheating. Using water in cooling system is perfect recipie to kill poor engine. In the end they swap in a new engine.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using PW Forums
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar i mentioned i just got the car sorta renewed and the mech told me to floor the car on hi-octane to clear up carbon deposits in engine afterall its 1,50k+ on odo
    change ur mechanic n when ever u get the work done on work stand on their head no matter what

Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar what am i supposed to do now ? should i revamp the cooling system again?
    perform gssket check nd get the radiator serviced infront of ur eyes add coolent with 60-40 (water-coolent) ratio in most cases heatup under higher rpm or load is due to clogged radiator

Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The oil capacity of vti is 3.2L with filter change. It is not 3.5 as said earlier...

The honda genuine oil comes in 3.7l packing so .5l is left (poured by dealership)
    I used castrol 4l pack once and they poured in 3.2l so approx 0.7l still in can

Also when you pour 3.2l the upper mark on dip stick is fully submerged. The oil line is just (approx 2mm) above upper mark

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by viking85 View Post
    I bought civic 2005 in jan 2015. Your complete story seems exactly like mine. Coming from cultus, i was vety excited with my civic. Spent a lot on liquimoly coolant and oil. All sorts of maint. Car seemed fine in city drive. Even on GT road from rwp to lahore it drove fine. But coming back from lhr on motorway, i drove at 120-130 with ac for around 30 mins. Ac stopped working and car heated up. Gaskit was the culprit.
    Does this car has different fan speed modes? I mean radiator fan speed?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys which sound player are you using in your cars? and my civic does not have front speakers but there is a front speaker area i suppose?

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

update changed the radiator cap but was only able to get a 0.9 rating i live in a suburb :/ so far the drive is ok and temp is stable but i have kept the fan still auto until i change the coolant and put an appropriate cap

also guys i am severely disappointed by the headlight performance and often get humiliated by HIDs walee pendu awaam infact i get blinded man thats a real pain
    would Relays do the trick or HIDs
    i am not in favour of HIDs because i have halogen lamps and there is too much confusion in buying the appropriate quality HIDS since the market is filled with all grades of chinese cheapos
    i personally hate the white light shade but this humiliation & blinding has made starting to think
    need ur opinion folks @uiv @Bilalicious

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Have you tried HX7, how is it?
    Sorry was very busy with some work. I have used Hx7 and it is also good. No difference i guess. I usually drove inside city when hx7 was poured. Currently my route is daily in Islamabad highway with Honda genuine oil and mashaa allah pick is great. Even at 140 car is having good pick

Yaaar I seriously don't know what the hell went wrong Overheating cars have been one of my worst memories on motorway from cultus to this
    Dude I got the car completely maintained and comprehensively checked by this high profile "Concept Motors " in I-9 and I personally wasn't involved in this the best i could was to research & send list of parts to be checked etc
    since i don't reside in Isl i had entrusted someone with this anyhow that guy in his hefty bill close to a hundred thousand had written that he has performed radiator service and poured liqui moly green coolant
    Goto Honda and get it checked for once sometimes its just a small issue like fan is not working efficiently, or head gasket issues. Get it fixed from Honda once instead of wasting time and money on local mechanics.. Even after spending issue is not fixed at these local mechanics. I have stopped going to local mechanics for electrical stuff. For mechanical like suspesion etc yes they are cheaper and affordable. For some electrical or issue like yours Honda is best!
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Sorry was very busy with some work. I have used Hx7 and it is also good. No difference i guess. I usually drove inside city when hx7 was poured. Currently my route is daily in Islamabad highway with Honda genuine oil and mashaa allah pick is great. Even at 140 car is having good pick

Goto Honda and get it checked for once sometimes its just a small issue like fan is not working efficiently, or head gasket issues. Get it fixed from Honda once instead of wasting time and money on local mechanics.. Even after spending issue is not fixed at these local mechanics. I have stopped going to local mechanics for electrical stuff. For mechanical like suspesion etc yes they are cheaper and affordable. For some electrical or issue like yours Honda is best!
    I went for Quartz 9000. So far everything seems good, i will comment on mileage after some time. Btw 3.5L was overfill, i had to get some removed so 3.2l is the quantity with filter change

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went for Quartz 9000. So far everything seems good, i will comment on mileage after some time. Btw 3.5L was overfill, i had to get some removed so 3.2l is the quantity with filter change
    That is also a very good oil
    Yup. Once i changed the oil from outside with oil filter that stupid person said "sir 15 saal se oil change kar rhe 3.7Ltr dalta hai" and he overfilled later i checked and i had to get the oil removed. It is around 3.2-3.4L. Always check the oil level after oil change and if overfill get some removed. After this experience i have planned to get oil changed from Honda (i buy the OEM oil too) the cost of oil change is only 200Rs (that's what the honda centre told me)

Anyone here using fog lights in his car? What are the advantages in daily life (specially night driving) or there are none?
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    That is also a very good oil
    Yup. Once i changed the oil from outside with oil filter that stupid person said "sir 15 saal se oil change kar rhe 3.7Ltr dalta hai" and he overfilled later i checked and i had to get the oil removed. It is around 3.2-3.4L. Always check the oil level after oil change and if overfill get some removed. After this experience i have planned to get oil changed from Honda (i buy the OEM oil too) the cost of oil change is only 200Rs (that's what the honda centre told me)

Anyone here using fog lights in his car? What are the advantages in daily life (specially night driving) or there are none?
    yes only this time i got oil changed from total pump otherwise i have always been going to dealership (even last time when i poured in castrol). They replace washer every time (a good practise) and know how much to tighten the bolt. There was a time when oil change used to be free at dealership if you buy from there. Btw how much filter cost you? I bought same 10k interval filter from total pump for 800 rs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes only this time i got oil changed from total pump otherwise i have always been going to dealership (even last time when i poured in castrol). They replace washer every time (a good practise) and know how much to tighten the bolt. There was a time when oil change used to be free at dealership if you buy from there. Btw how much filter cost you? I bought same 10k interval filter from total pump for 800 rs.
    Honda receipt of oil oil filter and air filter recently..
    Name:  1475912258826.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  41.9 KB

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure why their air filter is so expensive. Their own mechanic said to me its the same guard filter easily available at 500 rupees in market

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure why their air filter is so expensive. Their own mechanic said to me its the same guard filter easily available at 500 rupees in market
    stealerships this is how they make their buck
    anyways can you help me identigy the lower and upper level of coolant reservoir bottle as i am unable to find it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well just a random question, car loses electrical power when AC deck lights are on. Yesterday started the car, all things on, put the gear from P to R and all of a sudden all needles went ZERO lights dimmed and then after a flick all back to normal. Even while driving feel the same lag when turning on the antigator with load. Can anyone suggest wats the issue?
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And yes it is accompanied by RPM drop. Sorry for not adding that before

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    And yes it is accompanied by RPM drop. Sorry for not adding that before
    Check vacuum leaks.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaahmed96 View Post
    Check vacuum leaks.
    Wat do u mean by vacuum leaks? Mind sharing some info plz and any trust worthy mechanic aswell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

User Tag List