5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club

I tried searching Pakwheels.Com for a 'Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club' thread but my search returned no results therefore i thought of making a new thread regarding this. Here is some information taken off Wikipedia regarding the Honda Civic 7th Generation:

The seventh generation of the Honda Civic was released in September 2000 as 2001 model. Compared to its predecessor, it retained similar exterior dimensions, but increased significantly in interior space thus bumping up Civic to a compact car size segment. There was a flat rear floor, giving better comfort to the rear seat passengers. This generation abandoned the front double wishbone suspension, which had been used in the fourth to sixth generations, replacing it with MacPherson strut.
    A 115 hp (86 kW) engine powered all Civics (except EX and Si), up 9 hp (7 kW) from the previous model. Power in the EX remained at 127 hp (95 kW), and all non-Si engines were stroked to 1.7 liters.

In 2003, the Civic was given new tail lights which created a circle when illuminated. For 2004, the Civic was given a facelifted front end with new headlights, bumper, and grille; it also received side skirts. In 2005 the U.S Honda introduced the Special Edition. It was available in LX or EX Special Edition.

The hybrid version arrived at North America in spring 2002.[1] It used both a small 1.3 L I4 main gasoline engine and auxiliary electric motors, producing a combined 93 hp. The electric motors are powered by a battery array which is charged by regenerative braking during deceleration, thus reducing exhaust emissions and extending fuel mileage to 46 mpg city / 51 mpg highway with the manual transmission according to EPA fuel mileage estimates.[2]

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2001 2003 Honda Civic sedan

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 2000 2002 Honda Civic GLi sedan 01

Facelift Honda Civic 7th Gen.

Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 800px 04 05 Honda Civic LX coupe

Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    Wat do u mean by vacuum leaks? Mind sharing some info plz and any trust worthy mechanic aswell
    I don't know any trust worthy mechanic in your area but you should watch on youtube regarding vacuum leaks. Vacuum leaks cause engine to loose power. Also scan your car for any error codes.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Not sure why their air filter is so expensive. Their own mechanic said to me its the same guard filter easily available at 500 rupees in market
    Yeah i know but i dont think so its easy to source a genuine Honda OEM from local market. My personal idea is to get OEM filter and use it to full extent i.e 20k KM to get most from it. i purchased local filter numerous times but sometimes they weren't of perfect size and didn't fitted exact..
    Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    stealerships this is how they make their buck
    anyways can you help me identigy the lower and upper level of coolant reservoir bottle as i am unable to find it
    Haha impossible to identify i guess just fill it till top and relax

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Yeah i know but i dont think so its easy to source a genuine Honda OEM from local market. My personal idea is to get OEM filter and use it to full extent i.e 20k KM to get most from it. i purchased local filter numerous times but sometimes they weren't of perfect size and didn't fitted exact..

Haha impossible to identify i guess just fill it till top and relax

I used leppon filter last time, it was a perfect fit and performance felt good as well. I am soon going to change spark plugs, should i go for oem or any other better recommendation?

Edit:
    There are two lines on coolant bottle but yes the placement of bottle makes it unreadable

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used leppon filter last time, it was a perfect fit and performance felt good as well. I am soon going to change spark plugs, should i go for oem or any other better recommendation?

Edit:
    There are two lines on coolant bottle but yes the placement of bottle makes it unreadable
    I also need to get my cars spark plugs changed. By oem you mean ngk ones from Honda ?

Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    I also need to get my cars spark plugs changed. By oem you mean ngk ones from Honda ?

yup. Is it any use to go for fancy spark plugs or oem do just fine? (by fancy i mean iridium, multi tip etc etc)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yup. Is it any use to go for fancy spark plugs or oem do just fine? (by fancy i mean iridium, multi tip etc etc)
    I think OEM would be better. iridium ones will be little costly.

Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Edit:
    a pictorial explaination could be really handy since i have issues with radaitor i thin it does not suck coolant , i discussed with my pendu mech he told me i have over filled so i pulled out 2-3 syringes of 10 ml i am still confused since the water in coolant reservoir doesn't seem to reduce

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a pictorial explaination could be really handy since i have issues with radaitor i thin it does not suck coolant , i discussed with my pendu mech he told me i have over filled so i pulled out 2-3 syringes of 10 ml i am still confused since the water in coolant reservoir doesn't seem to reduce
    You cannot check the level in reservoir bottle one because its fitted in an awkward place and second as bottle gets dirty you cannot spot coolant level without taking the bottle out. Taking the bottle out is another hectic job. What sort of issues are you having?
    What i did once was to put in the windscreen washer bottle dipstick and estimate the level. you can try that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the issue is as i have narrated the overheat story previously since then i have changed the radiator cap but the coolant level in reservoir bottle never changes its filed till the neck

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the issue is as i have narrated the overheat story previously since then i have changed the radiator cap but the coolant level in reservoir bottle never changes its filed till the neck
    with optimum trmperature colent expands in expansion botle nd after car is cold its sucked back in system so to chek cap u can chek that colent levelmust b higer in botle wrt cold car if its tis way then ur cap is ok + use only n only 1.1 bar cap.... .. if car still heating with out decreasing colent then ur radiator is choked or u have other issues with vehicle causimg it to heat.... prime suspect is gaskit head wali + u may fill bottle by neck when its at optimum temperature if u ill fill it with till neck on cold car then colemt would expamd on heatimg nd ur reservoir would throw colent out of bottle bczit isnt air tight + do chek form cap seals/rubers also if they r worn out then they can cause loss of colent evoporating it immediately nd u wont even find trace of where colwnt is going

Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys
    does this civic power window auto button have an option to roll down all 4 windows together
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    guys
    does this civic power window auto button have an option to roll down all 4 windows together
    no way lol.... it have only Driver side auto

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    no way lol.... it have only Driver side auto

Brother! I have 02 EXi. Does it have auto window feature for driver. There is auto labeled on the switch but its not working.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    Brother! I have 02 EXi. Does it have auto window feature for driver. There is auto labeled on the switch but its not working.
    problem with it is that auto forget its working after u remove batery so u gota make it learn it..... just press button up completely nd roll wimdow completely upward then press full buton down nd roll window cmpletely down... do it for 5-6 times n auto would learn it n would start working

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is a news for me... 🤔
    I'll try it. Thanks bro

One more thing, previous owner installed 2 relays for each window. Now the passenger windows on-off feature is also disabled. How can I revive it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is a news for me... 🤔
    I'll try it. Thanks bro

One more thing, previous owner installed 2 relays for each window. Now the passenger windows on-off feature is also disabled. How can I revive it?
    if he installed relays then there must be some problem with power windows in the first place so u csn assume that connection with main/driver button had been willingly disabled... consult with electrician nd ask him to restore wiring to stock n remove all jugars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    if he installed relays then there must be some problem with power windows in the first place so u csn assume that connection with main/driver button had been willingly disabled... consult with electrician nd ask him to restore wiring to stock n remove all jugars

Yes there was a problem. Two pins in the master window control connector were burnt. They are connected to driver window motor. Now two wires are soldered to the PCB inside which runs the relays for motor.

If I replace the unit, i will have to replace the harness connector also and I don't want joints in all the wires.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes there was a problem. Two pins in the master window control connector were burnt. They are connected to driver window motor. Now two wires are soldered to the PCB inside which runs the relays for motor.

If I replace the unit, i will have to replace the harness connector also and I don't want joints in all the wires.
    replacement is worth it, piece of mind with efficient working. Joints dont matter as long as ur electrician kniws what really is he doing nd wire them properly leaving 0 unattended wires nd loose connections. ur not going to open window harness or stuff may be not wven in 10 years so joints r ok if treated properly

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well on friday faced a small problem with my 2003 exi prosmetic. I was on my way to islamabad when on parking the car, the car dropped rpm to 200-300 and switched off. It was all of a sudden, i nvr faced such issue before. Well, restarted, rpm was around 500 but check engine light came on. The temperature needle started fluctuating and was roaming in center but rpm was not steady. Came home in a slight panic as rpm was not steady, engine light on, temperature guage showing full HOT while cars temperature was normal whenevr i opened the bonnet. Well had to stop on islamabad highway 2-3 times just to be on the safer side and the worst part was that my family was with me. Anyhow reached home, cars temperature guage was all H buy cars engine wasent actually feeling hot. Well contacted a facebook page fixmycar, rizwan akram (owner), discussed my problem amd he said he will send a party to check my car. He was offering a complete car check up for 5000/- rupees with 20% discount which included alot of stuff so i took that so total was 4000/- for the complete inspection package. Be mindfull, attaching a scanmmner to ur ride only costs 1500 in saddar pindi and if he does any other work, he charges extra. They gave me time for 12:30pm saturday and at 12:37pm guy was at my door step. Technicians name was Amer, having a good grasp of cars. Attached scanner, found errors and started correcting wires in the engine. Well his work was prfessional. My engines wiring was a mess because of the CNG installed before and juggaars done, dont ask he spent more then 30 mins correcting them alone. Came in a diahatsu hi-jet with all accessories in his car though last night the owner asked me if i wanted to get my brake pads changed too and i told him to send them if they needed replacement i might get them changed. He sent NISSIN ones japan made 2900 for front ones. I normally went for some sasta brand for 1650 before but the quality was worth it. Well he corrected the engine codes, one of the sensors was faulty so i went to chaah sultan and got it from thre. He told me he wiill come along but i said no as i wanted to get my cars work finished so he went on comoleting the other tasks. He serviced the throttle body, adjusted alot of stuff, refilled power oil, coolant, brake oil, brakes servicing, door locks servicing and power windows, (i might be missing alot here). They wre at my place for around 4 hours. Work was clean and i was pretty much satisfied. Well got some other discount too from the owner but wont share that as its just a sercet between me and him. Well if u want some fine tunning at home, give it a try in twin cities. It was a pleasant experience and the cars electricals are way sorted out. I knw of one scanner guy in pindi saddar and didnt want to visit multiple guys here and there, ending up tired and fatigued. After the work done, owner called again for all the things done, did i find the service worth it. Attaching the things they r offering in the 4000 rupees package.Honda Civic 7th Gen. Fan Club - 5c706dfd1fa02930bcdcfc6c5014aa62
    If u r tired of roaming around too much in market, give it a try.

Using 6xx series G4 :p
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ did he do all the work mentioned in the ad?
    and changing of sensor + diagnosis is included in 4k?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

User Tag List