Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: high fuel consumption, cold startup prob civic d15b3 carby

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    awajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default high fuel consumption, cold startup prob civic d15b3 carby

    My civic 94 is swapped with d15b3 CARBY (sershah) a year ago , allhamdulilah since then i never visited any mechanic (other than PSO computerized tuning and oil change ).
    i use CASTROL magnatic usually for about 6 months as my use is very limited only 5-10 km 3-4 days a week only in defence (rush free drive)
    cars battry is just 2 motns old, and self starter works fine .

    The main problem is COLD STARTUP .
    when ever i start my car early in the morning on CNG it take long 5-6 self before starting with missing for about two to three mins and than becomes normal ,my residence is next to sea view (high moisture area).

    if i start it on petrol it usually starts on 1st or 2nd self , but missing is there for 1-2 mins.

    my car has good acceleration both on CNG and petrol (0 to 60 7 sec +-1) but the mileage is poor only 80 km on full tank.(450 -500Rs) and 5-6 km per liter on petrol.

    some times the engine does the Dieseling thing when turning it off on petrol.it usually happens when the engine is at idle temp.

    about six months ago PSO Comp tuning expert asked me to change the plugs ,
    since the car was working trouble free i continued the use ....

    Experts Please advise me with suitable cure and care for my ride.

    Thank you


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    syedyasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awajid View Post
    My civic 94 is swapped with d15b3 CARBY (sershah) a year ago , allhamdulilah since then i never visited any mechanic (other than PSO computerized tuning and oil change ).
    i use CASTROL magnatic usually for about 6 months as my use is very limited only 5-10 km 3-4 days a week only in defence (rush free drive)
    cars battry is just 2 motns old, and self starter works fine .

    The main problem is COLD STARTUP .
    when ever i start my car early in the morning on CNG it take long 5-6 self before starting with missing for about two to three mins and than becomes normal ,my residence is next to sea view (high moisture area).

    if i start it on petrol it usually starts on 1st or 2nd self , but missing is there for 1-2 mins.

    my car has good acceleration both on CNG and petrol (0 to 60 7 sec +-1) but the mileage is poor only 80 km on full tank.(450 -500Rs) and 5-6 km per liter on petrol.

    some times the engine does the Dieseling thing when turning it off on petrol.it usually happens when the engine is at idle temp.

    about six months ago PSO Comp tuning expert asked me to change the plugs ,
    since the car was working trouble free i continued the use ....

    Experts Please advise me with suitable cure and care for my ride.

    Thank you

    1st question you said ur car has carby engine then how computerized tuning possible...????

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    awajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    tuning computer is compatible with carby cars too
    they connect an electrical pulse sensor with plug wires , flash like device for reading the belts rotation in engine bay, and another sensor is the exhaust.....

    personally i believe the computer is of No or very little use in it.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,378
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    change air filter,
    change plugs with good ones,
    use carby cleaner spray, plenty of it

    and for cng check how much timing is advanced
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    awajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hash4u@
    air filter is clean ,
    please specify good plugs for my ride ,
    i will ask the tuning guy to check the timing.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    a4awais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,287
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    change air filter,
    change plugs with good ones,
    use carby cleaner spray, plenty of it

    and for cng check how much timing is advanced
    +1
    .
    @op
    advance timing is very important if using cng. timing should be advanced at appropriate level. you can enhance your cng consumption by timing setting and cng tuning but can't get better mileage at petrol as your car's timing is advance because of cng.
    http://www.facebook.com/jadoon.awais

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    awajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @a4awais
    will ask the mechanic to advance the timing, but i think it is already advanced as the engines diesels while turning off on petrol....

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    a4awais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,287
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awajid View Post
    @a4awais
    will ask the mechanic to advance the timing, but i think it is already advanced as the engines diesels while turning off on petrol....
    obviously timing is advance that's why you are running your car at cng but as i said that it must be at appropriate level.
    http://www.facebook.com/jadoon.awais

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    awajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hmmm......lets see what he thinks appropriate......

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    awajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ...........................

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    immad100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,503
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @poster u mentioned tht u do 0-60 in 7 secs or so...well itx not an apropriate sorta timing at all either ur way of drivng(geting 0-60) is lousy or there is fault in ur setup.
    if is it so then itx for sure u need tuning which includes(carb cleaning,setting,tpts stng,set the timing from distributor,chek the plug wires too(replACE THEM IF FAULTY).
    change the plugs i recmnd u nkg platinums i.e(BPR6EGP).nd do look for the intake system if its inadequately bloked,make its flow as required to be.
    this will solve ur problem.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •