Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fuel tank capacity & average of Civic 2002 vti oriel prosmatec

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Fuel tank capacity & average of Civic 2002 vti oriel prosmatec

    Guys, these days i have a civic 2002 vti oriel prosmatec. It has CNG and mileage is 295,000km, please address the following queries:

    1. What is the fuel tank capacity of the car?. I filled it up from an empty petrol tank and it got full at 36 liters, i am a bit surprised as i expected its tank to be at least 45 liters.

    2. What should be the reasonable fuel average of the car both on petrol and CNG?, within city and on long route?

    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haroon_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,589
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its 50 liters! ive got full min in 6000 high octane

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bump
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    just one reply.............no civic 2002 pros owners out there?
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  5. #5
    uiv
    uiv is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    uiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,683
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon_1 View Post
    its 50 liters! ive got full min in 6000 high octane
    All High Octane Blending Component aka HOBC aka High Octane is an over kill - AND (as the name suggests) its a blending component, not Patrol - so you're better off blending it with patrol, and not to run your car solely on it. Even 20L HOBC is more than enough in full tank of 50L.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amubeem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    Guys, these days i have a civic 2002 vti oriel prosmatec. It has CNG and mileage is 295,000km, please address the following queries:

    1. What is the fuel tank capacity of the car?. I filled it up from an empty petrol tank and it got full at 36 liters, i am a bit surprised as i expected its tank to be at least 45 liters.

    2. What should be the reasonable fuel average of the car both on petrol and CNG?, within city and on long route?
    7th Gen Civic has 45 liters fuel tank and if you live in Islamabad then you can have a millage of at least 9km/l to 11km/l and on M2 13km/l @ 120 km/hr and 14-15km/l on GT Road @ 100 km/hr. On CNG, you can get 120 km + in city and above 140 km on highway per cylinder.
    Always obey traffic rules!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In City it is around 9km/litre.
    On highways its around 12km/litre.
    Moreover cars equipped with Automatic transmission consume more fuel than the manual ones.
    Regarding CNG then you should be able to get around 90km/cyl. in city and around 130km/cyl. on highways.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanks guys and now i am even more concerned that why my 2002 oriel prosmatec's petrol tank got filled in 36 liters only!!!!!
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amubeem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    thanks guys and now i am even more concerned that why my 2002 oriel prosmatec's petrol tank got filled in 36 liters only!!!!!
    Your car tank got filled in 36 liters because it would have already 9 liters left in it. The reserve indicator shows up when only 6 liters are left in the tank.
    Always obey traffic rules!!!!!!

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    warewolf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Other
    Age
    34
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amubeem View Post
    7th Gen Civic has 45 liters fuel tank and if you live in Islamabad then you can have a millage of at least 9km/l to 11km/l and on M2 13km/l @ 120 km/hr and 14-15km/l on GT Road @ 100 km/hr. On CNG, you can get 120 km + in city and above 140 km on highway per cylinder.
    1) Tank capacity is not 45 litres... Its 50 litres.
    2) If i recall properly, manual book shows its reserve at 6 litres but, based on my experience, its more than that.
    3) 36 litres is okay if needle was near the end (E)... I myself have experienced this many times, dont worry.
    4) fuel average in cities like lahore is around 9km/litre while on motorway/highway, it gives 13... +/- 0.5km per litre.
    14 is possible with light foot but 15 is definitely not! i think any orial prosmatec user should be happy with anything 13+
    5) When i had cng, one filled cylinder in lahore used to give me 90-95 km at max. On motorway, it averaged 140-150 while the best i ever got was 173km in one tank (Got it filled from islamabad and travelled on motorway)
    How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot... The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind... Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned...

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bros the issue is that my civic 2002 pros ran out of petrol, i had to first fill the car with 8 liters via jerry can and then took to nearest petrol pump and it got filled in 28 liters so that means 28+8, so it is 36 liters.Also i noticed that , the low fuel indicator did not come on!!!!
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    bros the issue is that my civic 2002 pros ran out of petrol, i had to first fill the car with 8 liters via jerry can and then took to nearest petrol pump and it got filled in 28 liters so that means 28+8, so it is 36 liters.Also i noticed that , the low fuel indicator did not come on!!!!
    check to see if your tank has collapsed from somewhere.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    revengez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uiv View Post
    All High Octane Blending Component aka HBOC aka High Octane is an over kill - AND (as the name suggests) its a blending component, not Patrol - so you're better off blending it with patrol, and not to run your car solely on it. Even 20L HOBC is more than enough in full tank of 50L.
    Dear, can u explain with more technical detail? Thanks.

    @Xulfiqar, also your comments in this regards will be appreciated. Thanks.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    they guy is right - HOBC is not recommended fuel, its a blending component, you are supposed to mix it with petrol. as a butt dyno test, running straight HOBC will cause sluggish acceleration, while half and half will give proper performance, try it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amubeem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    bros the issue is that my civic 2002 pros ran out of petrol, i had to first fill the car with 8 liters via jerry can and then took to nearest petrol pump and it got filled in 28 liters so that means 28+8, so it is 36 liters.Also i noticed that , the low fuel indicator did not come on!!!!
    l

    If your car fuel filter or fuel pump is choked up, then it will cause trouble in starting when the fuel level is low. So, i guess your car didn't started earlier because of this. You might have also noticed that after pouring just 8 liters of petrol, the fuel gauge would have gone close to the half mark.
    Always obey traffic rules!!!!!!

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    revengez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    they guy is right - HOBC is not recommended fuel, its a blending component, you are supposed to mix it with petrol. as a butt dyno test, running straight HOBC will cause sluggish acceleration, while half and half will give proper performance, try it.
    Thanks..... btw I was sure that @uiv is right

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amubeem View Post
    l

    If your car fuel filter or fuel pump is choked up, then it will cause trouble in starting when the fuel level is low. So, i guess your car didn't started earlier because of this. You might have also noticed that after pouring just 8 liters of petrol, the fuel gauge would have gone close to the half mark.
    you are 100% right!!!! - i did notice this, so it means that i need to get the fuel pump or fuel filter checked!
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amubeem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    you are 100% right!!!! - i did notice this, so it means that i need to get the fuel pump or fuel filter checked!
    So finally your car's fuel tank mystery has been resolved. Get your fuel pump / filter inspected from either the 3S OR 2S Honda dealership only.
    Always obey traffic rules!!!!!!

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amubeem View Post
    So finally your car's fuel tank mystery has been resolved. Get your fuel pump / filter inspected from either the 3S OR 2S Honda dealership only.
    thanks bro for the tip, will take the car asap to 3s and will also post the outcome
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    topcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    thanks bro for the tip, will take the car asap to 3s and will also post the outcome
    Did you take the car to the service center ? Did you find the solution . I got a prosmatic 2003 and have the same issue after the fuel light I could only put 36Ltr in it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •