11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need info about strut/sway bar for Civic 05

AoA..
    Hope everyone is fine n in good health.
    Recently, i ve been working on two of my friend's cars. Modifying them for better performance and handling.Stage one is complete on both cars and one of them is also lowered 1.8inches. Other one is stock with stock size rims and tyres.15inch vti rims.

I need some info about strut/sway bars. whats the difference between them? ho will they effect the handling of the cars and is there any disadvantages of getting them installed? i ve heard they might damage the chasis around the wheel well as they put extra strain.do they? will the suspension become harder? any difference in straight line or only on turns? Kindly let me know all that i need to know before recommending it to the owners of the car.one of the car is lowered so handles better, does it still need the strut/sway bar?

Appreciating ur response...
    Thanks...

When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Front sway bar is already installed in Civics; you can increase the thickness to reduce body roll on while cornering. Rear sway bar will have to be custom made.

Strut bars are used to increase the stiffness of the chassis by connecting the strut tops. Those are also useful for cornering stability.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List