Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 236
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\

    Hey guys hope you read my thread in the best of your spirits and health.
    First of All, thanks to Almighty Allah for making me reach to this position and write about ride I wanted to own for like years. May Allah enable me/us to come up to his expectations and be grateful to him for literally countless blessings he always showers on us!
    Well, after saving amount for like a year from our previously purchased Swift, we had been in a great befuddlement ever since new Corolla was launched. New shape corolla in addition to having better front than its predecessor, fuel efficient & more responsive engine and also better interior; thanks to its better colored wooden paneling, always tempted me a lot. BUT, my natural inclination towards 8th Gen civic weighed far more than cold feet arising from upcoming 9th Gen civic in perhaps less than 6 to 8 months span. This actually became the reason why I didn’t deign to spend over Rs. 2.2 Million for oriel rather went for simple VTI (base model). Moreover, the interior of civic to me always seemed very mesmerizing and was one of the major factors that made me fall for civic…
    In that puzzlement, I did approach many respectful PakWheelers and trust me every member guided me, advised me with probably the most sincere preference. I would like to take this opportunity to give my hearty thanks particularly to Airomerix, Immad100, 309, max414, Pyromaniac… Thanks a lot guys. God bless you all.
    The minimal delivery time of civic was yet a bonus in comparison to FOUR months of delivery time for Altis (any variant) as I couldn’t afford to wait for that longer…
    But I pay my heartiest thanks to Allah for creating such opportunities for me that I ended up buying this absolutely magnificent ride. CIVIC… the pleasure starts right after you open the door and place yourself in its cockpit… the marvelous digital speedometer, the unique tachometer, the most appealing dash, comfortable seats and monstrous engine MASHALLAH… The throttle response, the brake stability, the quiet cabin and buttery handling… Everything’s just great MASHALAH
    I aint much into modifying the ride but will be going for some changes like:
     Alloy Rims (any member/ non member having genuine Alloys of Oriel for sale may pls contact me)
     Keyless Entry (already done)
     Tires ( Already installed Yokohama dB v 550)
     Fog lights
     Audio System (Suggestions required for LCD system assuring high quality audio and video)
     Suggestions/Recommendations regarding additional modification are required from all members


    And Now, here I am presenting our all new 8th Gen Civic MT VTI.
    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -306514

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -306515

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -306516

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -306517

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -306518

    Do give your valued feedback. Thanks


  2. #161
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockerguy View Post
    and by the way.. what are your plans? booked one?
    Yes I have booked one in White , Oriel Prosmatic with Navi BUT I don't see it will be delivered soon.

    However, dealership guys confirmed me that you will get some compensation around 20-25K in terms of money and some free service coupons ..... But all is in the air still ... I hope I can get mine by Feb 2012
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  3. #162
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockerguy View Post
    im also kinda inclined towards this one... the best part about this rim is that i dont need to change my tires to 16" size... its 15" rim.. so yes... there are chances that i ultimately go for this one...
    can anyone share the experience of switching to 16" rim from 15", in terms of drive, fuel consumption, effect on suspension etc?
    If it was me I would go for 15" and here is why https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...re-rim-profile The Odo is calibrated according to Rim profile. If the circumference of the tire is changed, it will change the linear distance covered per revolution. It may sound Geeky, but it kinda bugs me !

    and the one you are inclined to is an absolute beauty.Go for it !
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  4. #163
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fireblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,451
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    nice colour

    plz dont go for these rims

    if intrested in 15" go for oem style only

    if intrested in 16" or 17" u may chose some good design

  5. #164
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fireblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,451
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    also add fog lights & oriel style mirror covers
    this add on is must for hardtop owners

  6. #165
    PakWheeler Follow
    munawar01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    If it was me I would go for 15" and here is why https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...re-rim-profile The Odo is calibrated according to Rim profile. If the circumference of the tire is changed, it will change the linear distance covered per revolution. It may sound Geeky, but it kinda bugs me !

    and the one you are inclined to is an absolute beauty.Go for it !
    First nice to see your ride bro, you are the luckiest man as you know i got stuck my investment with Honda.

    I have searched much about changing tire size and i will suggest you not to change tire size. No doubt big tire with low profile look great (I wish i could have low profile tire on my ride) but its not highly recommend to change tire size. If you google you will find many reasons as @Umair2203 said above.

    Keep busy with Raptor and keep showing us awesome stuff
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

  7. #166
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Yes I have booked one in White , Oriel Prosmatic with Navi BUT I don't see it will be delivered soon.

    However, dealership guys confirmed me that you will get some compensation around 20-25K in terms of money and some free service coupons ..... But all is in the air still ... I hope I can get mine by Feb 2012
    the compensation thingy does seem tempting... but obviously the best thing is to get the car at soonest... Wish you good luck and hope to see your thread about your upcoming 8th gen very soon Inshalah

  8. #167
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    If it was me I would go for 15" and here is why https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...re-rim-profile The Odo is calibrated according to Rim profile. If the circumference of the tire is changed, it will change the linear distance covered per revolution. It may sound Geeky, but it kinda bugs me !

    and the one you are inclined to is an absolute beauty.Go for it !
    Youre right bro about the odo reading.. but i think 8th gen is internationally supplied with 16" rims and so is its odo programmed... Because theres a difference of about 2 to 3 km/hr in my odo reading and navigation speed reading :s
    Anyway, im still likely to keep my tires and go for some 15" tires... lets see where does the wind blow and takes my hat along

    Quote Originally Posted by munawar01 View Post
    First nice to see your ride bro, you are the luckiest man as you know i got stuck my investment with Honda.

    I have searched much about changing tire size and i will suggest you not to change tire size. No doubt big tire with low profile look great (I wish i could have low profile tire on my ride) but its not highly recommend to change tire size. If you google you will find many reasons as @Umair2203 said above.

    Keep busy with Raptor and keep showing us awesome stuff
    Thanks a lot for your nice words man... yeah i was really lucky Alhamdulilah to get the car at a very right time... even if i had got it booked, i might still have been waiting for it today :p... gues what... this color came coincidently... as when i went to showroom this vti and one another in black color were available as ready stock... and i thought of just going for this one instead of waiting for like months to get the desired color after booking the car...
    so yeah.. Alhamdulilah... Allah is very kind

  9. #168
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    nice colour

    plz dont go for these rims

    if intrested in 15" go for oem style only

    if intrested in 16" or 17" u may chose some good design
    Thanks for your feedback bro... Your advice, my command

    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    also add fog lights & oriel style mirror covers
    this add on is must for hardtop owners
    FOglights are on the list... Which oriel style mirror covers are you talking about? you mean those Electrically retractable side mirrors?

  10. #169
    PakWheeler Follow
    t_tazster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @rockerguy
    im not in the favour of 17' rims but bro i would recommend you to go for 17' cl9 rims.
    yes i know the ride comfort will decrease and you will have to go over bumps really slow, but trust me, few days back i saw a polished metal civic with the same rims and literally that civic was to die for. i cannot decribe how awesome they were looking seriously and specially on this colour. would have made me drooled if i kept on looking at that car for long
    what you can do is, keep the stock rims and put them on when travelling outside your city and while you are in your city , keep the 17' ones on that is if you can afford.

  11. #170
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Because theres a difference of about 2 to 3 km/hr in my odo reading and navigation speed reading :s
    Buddy GPS reading are not accurate so cannot be taken as a reference .. ...

    Free GPS bands can have location errors up to 200ft but that is the worst case scenario. normally , GPS has an a positioning error of 15-25 feet and velocity is the Derivative of position so the effect gets complimented ....

    Differential GPS is somewhat reliable
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  12. #171
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    VIPER ADVICE:

    First off. Shrug off all kinds of myths about "plus one" formula. that is, increasing your rim size by one. In your case upsizing from 15"to 16" will not make any drop in terms of performance, fuel economy, load on the suspension. Repeat: Upsizing from 15"to 16" will not make any drop in terms of performance, fuel economy, load on the suspension. Why? Here are the facts:

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -343715

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -343716


    The benefits of upsizing your tyres:

    Improved response to direction changes
    Greater contact area with the ground
    Increased traction
    Greater overall control and handling
    A sleeker and more modern appearance


    If this too is not convincing enough, then have a look at the two screen shots below, one from Thai Honda Civic Website and other is from Australian Honda Civic website. In both cases remember the suspension is same.

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -343720

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -343721

    But be very mindful of alloy weight, uniformity and offset
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  13. #172
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How about these OEM Honda Accord style ones??
    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -343738
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

  14. #173
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t_tazster View Post
    @rockerguy
    im not in the favour of 17' rims but bro i would recommend you to go for 17' cl9 rims.
    yes i know the ride comfort will decrease and you will have to go over bumps really slow, but trust me, few days back i saw a polished metal civic with the same rims and literally that civic was to die for. i cannot decribe how awesome they were looking seriously and specially on this colour. would have made me drooled if i kept on looking at that car for long
    what you can do is, keep the stock rims and put them on when travelling outside your city and while you are in your city , keep the 17' ones on that is if you can afford.
    FIrstly, thank you for your feedback and youre very right about your view. I myself would love to go for 17" rims with low profiles but honestly, my routine demands me to stay on these or max, go for 16" because I quite often have to travel some significant miles on bumpy roads where the suspension has to play the role...
    The option of keeping these ones and buying the whole new setup would cost me something around 70 or 80, 000 Rs. , which surely is way outta my pocket range
    Moreover, I'm realising that these Yoko dB are probably one of the best options in this category, and they being JUST TOO NEW (some 600 kms driven) are something that I just cant give off at throw away price...
    The situation tells me that I may have to stay on 15" rims because I'm seemingly bound to use my RECENTLY bought tires...
    Lets see what I end up doing
    Thanks again for sincere advice man

  15. #174
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Buddy GPS reading are not accurate so cannot be taken as a reference .. ...

    Free GPS bands can have location errors up to 200ft but that is the worst case scenario. normally , GPS has an a positioning error of 15-25 feet and velocity is the Derivative of position so the effect gets complimented ....

    Differential GPS is somewhat reliable
    Thats true man... BUT... from experience I can say.. that the difference of speed between ODO and NAV is always ACCURATE (in my case) :p
    Its always 2 to 3 km/ hr

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    VIPER ADVICE:

    First off. Shrug off all kinds of myths about "plus one" formula. that is, increasing your rim size by one. In your case upsizing from 15"to 16" will not make any drop in terms of performance, fuel economy, load on the suspension. Repeat: Upsizing from 15"to 16" will not make any drop in terms of performance, fuel economy, load on the suspension. Why? Here are the facts:

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\ - 343715

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\ - 343716


    The benefits of upsizing your tyres:

    Improved response to direction changes
    Greater contact area with the ground
    Increased traction
    Greater overall control and handling
    A sleeker and more modern appearance


    If this too is not convincing enough, then have a look at the two screen shots below, one from Thai Honda Civic Website and other is from Australian Honda Civic website. In both cases remember the suspension is same.

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\ - 343720

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\ - 343721

    But be very mindful of alloy weight, uniformity and offset
    Thank You so much for such a detailed response Fouad bhae
    I'm totally convinced about having 16" rims working the same or even better in case of 8th gen..
    Moreover, from the market survey, I can tell for sure, that mostly the options of rims Or the variety is also mostly available in 16" size, talking particularly of 8th gen compared to 15" size..
    I wish I hadnt installed those 15" tires lately, I would have broader options today... But anyway, its never late... The search of the fittest and cheapest rim still continues....
    Thanks again

  16. #175
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    How about these OEM Honda Accord style ones??
    Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\ - 343738
    GOOD CHOICE FOUAD BHAE
    and trust me, that was the first one i pointed out at shop... and it looks INSANELY beautiful.. its OEM HONDA ACCORD..
    But with beauty comes a great deal of price as well
    and the asking price was 60k for rims only..
    In my case I will have to buy 16" tires, one tire of YOKO or Michelin would cost me around 12k... Totals up at 108K
    the shopekkepers are taking my brand new Yoko dB 550 205/65/R15 at Rs. 28,000 Rs.
    So even after deduction, i may still have to pay additional Rs. 80 k
    Even after adding massive discount, it will make it all practically unaffordable to me....
    Ill upload pics of other rims shortly, with Price tags for info... Ive come to know that
    OEM rims are probably GOLD PLATED

  17. #176
    PakWheeler Follow
    t_tazster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro i would suggest the one ticked in the picture below. its an aggressive design but dont have any idea how will it look since its 15inches. same design in a larger rim would look good. BTW the one on the right side, is that OEM or the chinese copy ? how much were they for ? they look original though.
    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -343899

  18. #177
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t_tazster View Post
    bro i would suggest the one ticked in the picture below. its an aggressive design but dont have any idea how will it look since its 15inches. same design in a larger rim would look good. BTW the one on the right side, is that OEM or the chinese copy ? how much were they for ? they look original though.
    Our All New Civic 8th Gen--- // RAPTOR \\ - 343899
    Yeah that was good but after putting it in car (without tire), it wasnt look pretty decent... That on right side is OEM COPY, its built is good undoubtedly.. here in lahore they were available for about 29K (brand New), though they are available for 25K in islamabad...

  19. #178
    PakWheeler Follow
    t_tazster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    why did you not go for the oem copy ? any reason ?
    finishing wise they do look neat in the pictures atleast.

  20. #179
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Because OEM themselves are available from 30k to 40K (used obv.), so i consider used OEM to be a better buy than chinese copy having approximately the same price tag.. What you say\?

  21. #180
    PakWheeler Follow
    rockerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    926
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Rims with Prices

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -344148

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -344149

    Our All New Civic 8th Gen---  RAPTOR  -344150

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •