Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Civic 2003 VTI Starting problem

Hi guys,

Recently bought a Civic VTI 2003. It had been giving starting problems 3-4 days after I bought it. Description of the problem is that when turning on the ignition, the motor cranked but did not start up. Initially tried to replace the plugs but no change.

Took it to an old mechanic I know. He said the self-start is the culprit, opened it and replaced the bushes and cleaned it before fitting it back. Worked fine for about 3 hours when the engine stalled while driving and I had to connect another battery to crank the motor.

This started it but on the way back home the engine started to emit some sort of metallic noises at about 2.5k RPM before it stalled again, I had to start it on the fly again.

Also before this whole mess started, was a petrol pump for gas, what happened is that the temperature gauge shot up beyond "H" randomly and there was a hissing sound from the engine. Thought that the engine heated up, but checked and the temperature was normal.

Looking at forums online, people have mentioned 3-4 workarounds:

Checking Distributor or the Ignition Coil
    Weak Fuel Pump (although this seems to be not a problem as the car was having good acceleration for the 2-3 days I drove it around)
    Replacing Main Relay
    Checking ECU codes through a computer

If you know any workaround for which seems to be not a big problem, lemme know of an electrician who can check the whole electrical system. I am in Lahore. Near or around Faisal Town would be great.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Better Visit Honda Fort Queensroad.They are the most profesional and well equipped 3S dealers in Lahore.
    secondly these showroom ppl sumtimes bypass the engine check lites etc to overcome problems in cars temporarily n fool ppl
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    Better Visit Honda Fort Queensroad.They are the most profesional and well equipped 3S dealers in Lahore.
    secondly these showroom ppl sumtimes bypass the engine check lites etc to overcome problems in cars temporarily n fool ppl
    Great! Will drop by a visit later, for now the water body was leaking, so had given it in for a replacement and a new head gasket as the car was heated up beyond H 2 times uptil now, thankfully no warping on the head.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List