0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic Prosmatec 2002 Suspension Help

Dear All,

I am noticing certain issues with my civics suspension. Here is the list:

• When i turn the steering completely to the right...there is a noise like some moving part is touching another..like a belt slipping maybe..doesnt hurt anything but want to get rid of that noise..

• I feel the suspension is a bit hard and my car is sort of a little too high from the rear. I have had this car for a year and its a cng..dont know if the previous owner has lifted the suspension on purpose. The ride is bumpy on bad road...its bumpier compared to my cultus 2007.

• Sometimes..its rare right now...sometimes when i take u turns on the right site I do hear the axel go tuk tuk tuk...

• on bumpy roads...i hear from the left whele a light noise..something like what u would hear if u have a plastic wheel cover thats loose..click click click...
    Could you please help me understand the issues and who is the best suspension mech (value for money). Where do I get good quality rubber bushings etc.

I am in Karachi.

I am sorry for asking so many questions but I really like to understand the issues first before going for a repair...i get ripped off less that way...i feel...

Thank you very Much.
    Kamran

Honda Civic 2002 Vti Prosmatec auto

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well with soo many clues, one would certainly advise you to get these checked from a mechanic..

in case u re concerned being mis-guided by a mechanic,
    just get it checked from 2 or 3 mechanics n figure out the best option..

wese to give u a clue, i changed my 02' civic's whole suspension for 23000/- with 6 months warranty of each part. i am talking about aug'11

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haiderjaved View Post
    well with soo many clues, one would certainly advise you to get these checked from a mechanic..

in case u re concerned being mis-guided by a mechanic,
    just get it checked from 2 or 3 mechanics n figure out the best option..

wese to give u a clue, i changed my 02' civic's whole suspension for 23000/- with 6 months warranty of each part. i am talking about aug'11

Thank you for your reply. Where did you get it changed...23000 is not bad if u completely overhauled the suspension with geniune parts...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kamranzaki View Post
    Dear All,

I am noticing certain issues with my civics suspension. Here is the list:

• When i turn the steering completely to the right...there is a noise like some moving part is touching another..like a belt slipping maybe..doesnt hurt anything but want to get rid of that noise..

• I feel the suspension is a bit hard and my car is sort of a little too high from the rear. I have had this car for a year and its a cng..dont know if the previous owner has lifted the suspension on purpose. The ride is bumpy on bad road...its bumpier compared to my cultus 2007.

• Sometimes..its rare right now...sometimes when i take u turns on the right site I do hear the axel go tuk tuk tuk...

• on bumpy roads...i hear from the left whele a light noise..something like what u would hear if u have a plastic wheel cover thats loose..click click click...
    Could you please help me understand the issues and who is the best suspension mech (value for money). Where do I get good quality rubber bushings etc.

I am in Karachi.

I am sorry for asking so many questions but I really like to understand the issues first before going for a repair...i get ripped off less that way...i feel...

Thank you very Much.
    Kamran
    @Kamran:
    Bro as per my knowledge these could be the reasons:

i). Your tyre must be touching the sheet placed on top of tyres, it might have been unclipped 4rm sumwhere due to which it makes noise.

ii). If your car is CNG & as you quoted it's a bit high then most probably there are spacers installed at the rear springs, get rid of them & hopefully the bumps will reduce.

iii). Regarding axle tuk tuk, you might need to change the axle seal or the axle boots might get repairs.

iv). Cudn't guess the fourth one, so sorry abt that :-(.

Please note, you must take opinion from your mechanic first as they will tell you precisely abt the problems.

I'll recommend you to either go to Honda Pit stop @ Nazimabad, they are really good people & use only genuine quality parts. Though they are a bit expensive but I believe it's a lot better to spend a Rupee together rather than spending 25 paisa each time for 6-7 times. In the end you will lose!!! that's my experience.

If you are concerned abt the suspension, my recommendation to you is better go 2 Shah G, I've lifted my 99 civic a bit as it was lowered & he did a fine job. So I'll prefer them as they are quite professional & reasonably priced. You may go 2 any Shah jee axle wala it's almost in every part of Karachi.

Hope the above will be of any help to you.

Cheers,
    Yasser.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasser1 View Post
    @Kamran:
    Bro as per my knowledge these could be the reasons:

i). Your tyre must be touching the sheet placed on top of tyres, it might have been unclipped 4rm sumwhere due to which it makes noise.

ii). If your car is CNG & as you quoted it's a bit high then most probably there are spacers installed at the rear springs, get rid of them & hopefully the bumps will reduce.

iii). Regarding axle tuk tuk, you might need to change the axle seal or the axle boots might get repairs.

iv). Cudn't guess the fourth one, so sorry abt that :-(.

Please note, you must take opinion from your mechanic first as they will tell you precisely abt the problems.

I'll recommend you to either go to Honda Pit stop @ Nazimabad, they are really good people & use only genuine quality parts. Though they are a bit expensive but I believe it's a lot better to spend a Rupee together rather than spending 25 paisa each time for 6-7 times. In the end you will lose!!! that's my experience.

If you are concerned abt the suspension, my recommendation to you is better go 2 Shah G, I've lifted my 99 civic a bit as it was lowered & he did a fine job. So I'll prefer them as they are quite professional & reasonably priced. You may go 2 any Shah jee axle wala it's almost in every part of Karachi.

Hope the above will be of any help to you.

Cheers,
    Yasser.
    Thank you for the detailed answer Yasser. On point number 1 its not the plastic sheet. as the noise also comes when the car is not moving. Its got to do something with the power steering thing...

Thank you for the rest of the points.

If i am not mistaken the Honda ppl do the work estimate for free...so I think it might be work getting a work estimate from them...i would atleast know what the issue is.

About Shah jee i am not too sure...as my experience with them on my other car has not been nice...they just replace all ur original parts with their own...which is not something i want to do with civic...mehran may be i'd be ok...def. not with civic... lol

Thanks again bro...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup the estimate is for free for sure.....

Bro if you can afford then better take your car to Honda people, local mechanics will use low quality parts as a result you will b having the same problem time after time.

Regarding Shah g, it's ur opinion dude, mine wasn't that bad so I'm quite OK but I do have a reference due to wch good price was given to me and the work done was also sensible....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys are there any more expert advice on this...honda owners...experts??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ghoo type of sound is normal when steering is fully turned on stationery car... sometimes, power steering pump also gives a type of whistle to indicate that genuine power steering oil is not being used. U can try changing the oil to genuine HONDA PSF or getting the pump checked.
    How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot... The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind... Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List