Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By imransavul
  • 1 Post By imransavul
  • 3 Post By istafa111
  • 1 Post By istafa111
  • 2 Post By immad100

Thread: *Help Required *Honda CIVIC 1.8 (Aka reborn)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default *Help Required *Honda CIVIC 1.8 (Aka reborn)

Aoa guys need your help and expert opinion, By the grace of Allah I have saved enough to buy new Honda civic just waiting for December for booking in order to get a car with Jan2012 invoice thus 2012 model.
    Now I Have already decided that I shall go for White Oriel, Confusion is should I go for Auto or Manual?????? ….I have to convert it to CNG after 6 months or so as can’t afford to run it on petrol in the long run (yes can afford new civic but cannot afford soaring Petrol prices).

I love Auto’s but I have heard that

1. CNG will ruin Prosmatec Transmission (I don’t mind little bit jerks while gear shifts as far as no harm done to gearbox)

2. CNG consumption is almost equal to petrol in prosmatec’s so no point having CNG in prosmatec’s. Does any 1 know its actual consumption on CNG and Petrol? It shall be run mainly in Islamabad and surroundings.

3.Also read on a forum that Oriel's have resale only in prosmatec and quite difficult to sell Manual Oriels but Vti has good demand in manual.

Guy’s please help me out here especially members with Prosmatec ‘s.It is proving to be very difficult decision for me .Also I don’t want to buy manual and then regret my decision that only in RS.78K more I could have got Auto which can runs fine without any issues on CNG…..

Thanks a lot for your opinions/suggestions in Advance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeah orial prosmatic sells like hot cakes as comapred to maunal orial
    but i dnt think there z any problem n prosmatic wid cng
    and cng will give u almost 130+ on 1 tank
    bt 1 thing z for sure it will reduce the pick of car
    ASTAGHFIRULLAH ASTAGHFIRULLAH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by volverine View Post
    but i dnt think there z any problem n prosmatic wid cng
    and cng will give u almost 130+ on 1 tank
    bt 1 thing z for sure it will reduce the pick of car
    Thanks....

Is that 130+ your personal experience ? if it is then Excellent no need to buy manual then

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any other suggestions please ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in manual it gives 150+
    ASTAGHFIRULLAH ASTAGHFIRULLAH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just did the mileage calculation on the first fill up of my prosmatic... sadly it was spot on (with AC) 7 km/l .... damn my mark 2 used to give me 10 with 205s and 9 with 225s...

So those first 6 months would be quite heavy my friend...but then that would also depend on how much you plan to use it and where you will be driving it. I was regularly getting stuck in this damn "bakra market in the middle of city thingy with most of the bakras being evaluated on half the road" for three consecutive days in bumper to bumper traffic and managing to cover the 2 km stretch in 30 plus minutes...

I can probably get out a little more from the car...say 8 km/l if I time my trips for lower congestion hours...

My dad's 7th gen (eagle eye) prosmatic VTI used to give him 80-90 kms per tankful of GAS...but then I really don't remember what cyl capacity his car had. Was never interested in CNG and hopefully will never be atleast for my own personal set of wheels...
    A beautiful woman & a beautiful car...both should be WAXED regularly & frequently!!! www.detailingcrew.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hv 08 model prosmetic & hv installed CNG in it abt 4-5 months ago (60 cylinder)
    90% perfect in gear shifting
    90% perfect in pick (as compared to petrol)
    In local it gives abt 110km max with AC
    In long route it gives 200km max with AC (tested sevral times)
    Draw back: The only draw back is in starting. U hv two options. One is that after start accelerate the RPM to 4000 to convert it to petrol & 2nd option is that it will convert to cng itself. If U choose 4000 RPM. In this case I often forget to accelerate its RPM to 4000 & after driving 30-50 km achanak khayal aata k its on petrol. While in 2nd case during the conversion mostly gari bamd ho gati ha unless & untill U gve little acceleration.
    So bro this is the situation. I'll recomemd U not to install CNG in it as its petrol consumption is abt 13km/l in local & 16-17 km/l in long route.
    And one more thing dont go 4 manual gear only b/c of CNG issue. Automatic is best. I hv 05 prosmetic with CNG. Both R performing well
    "FRONTIER FOUR BY FOUR"
    Life begins, where road ends..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Install CNG frm the best available workshop by aome well known mechanic otherwise the car will do missing in D4 in speed between 20 & 30.
    Its my persnal ecperience with my reborn & my frnd's reborn
    "FRONTIER FOUR BY FOUR"
    Life begins, where road ends..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mazee View Post
    CNG will ruin Prosmatec Transmission (I don’t mind little bit jerks while gear shifts as far as no harm done to gearbox)
    It ruins things "eventually"; the engineers didnt designed it for CNG at first place
    CNG consumption is almost equal to petrol in prosmatec’s so no point having CNG in prosmatec’s. Does any 1 know its actual consumption on CNG and Petrol? It shall be run mainly in Islamabad and surroundings.
    Civic is heavy on fuel; though manual is tolerable
    Also read on a forum that Oriel's have resale only in prosmatec and quite difficult to sell Manual Oriels but Vti has good demand in manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by volverine View Post
    +1; I like Manual cars (personal preference) and the exact reason why I went with VTi M/T...if manual; go with VTi; in Oriel; go with P/T only

Getting Civic in 2012 is bad idea; there is new shape coming (pukki khabar) in second half of 2012 and your charm of new car will not be that long. If you need a new car; get Altis; otherwise get 2011 slightly used Civic; continue to save and then get 9th Civic in second half of 2012

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imransavul View Post
    So bro this is the situation. I'll recomemd U not to install CNG in it as its petrol consumption is abt 13km/l in local & 16-17 km/l in long route.
    And one more thing dont go 4 manual gear only b/c of CNG issue. Automatic is best. I hv 05 prosmetic with CNG. Both R performing well
    Dude, how the hell do you manage to squeeze out 13km/l from a P/T???

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Getting Civic in 2012 is bad idea; there is new shape coming (pukki khabar) in second half of 2012 and your charm of new car will not be that long. If you need a new car; get Altis; otherwise get 2011 slightly used Civic; continue to save and then get 9th Civic in second half of 2012
    Throwing my two cents in...my strategy is to get the new shape in around late 2013 or 2014...for one simple reason...the new shape is not getting great reviews. In the US they are planning major mods in late 2012/early 2013 (check the 2012 Civic thread), high probability that 6 months after that Civic might change for the better here as well and it should because normally Honda does follow global alignment unlike Toyota and Suzuki.

Remember the Thai model Accord...didn't do too well and they brought a shape change early, so atleast I don't want to get stuck with a car which is one of the least liked models of an otherwise popular car. Sure due to corporate policies and low options, civic might still sell here with that shape but I can bet that mods will be on the way max by mid 2013 here.

And what's to lose, the 8th Gen should not only hold its price but you never know (knowing Pakistan), it might actually appraise in value cause it's no secret now that the 9th gen has an opening control price of 2.2 mill.

So buddy go for the 8th gen. My advise would be to go for a slightly used 011 or 010...
    A beautiful woman & a beautiful car...both should be WAXED regularly & frequently!!! www.detailingcrew.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 13KM/ liter

Quote Originally Posted by imransavul View Post
    I hv 08 model prosmetic & hv installed CNG in it abt 4-5 months ago (60 cylinder)
    90% perfect in gear shifting
    90% perfect in pick (as compared to petrol)
    In local it gives abt 110km max with AC
    In long route it gives 200km max with AC (tested sevral times)
    Draw back: The only draw back is in starting. U hv two options. One is that after start accelerate the RPM to 4000 to convert it to petrol & 2nd option is that it will convert to cng itself. If U choose 4000 RPM. In this case I often forget to accelerate its RPM to 4000 & after driving 30-50 km achanak khayal aata k its on petrol. While in 2nd case during the conversion mostly gari bamd ho gati ha unless & untill U gve little acceleration.
    13KM/Liter ? are you sure ? r u talking about prosmatec here?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mistero View Post
    Dude, how the hell do you manage to squeeze out 13km/l from a P/T???

Throwing my two cents in...my strategy is to get the new shape in around late 2013 or 2014...for one simple reason...the new shape is not getting great reviews. In the US they are planning major mods in late 2012/early 2013 (check the 2012 Civic thread), high probability that 6 months after that Civic might change for the better here as well and it should because normally Honda does follow global alignment unlike Toyota and Suzuki.

Remember the Thai model Accord...didn't do too well and they brought a shape change early, so atleast I don't want to get stuck with a car which is one of the least liked models of an otherwise popular car. Sure due to corporate policies and low options, civic might still sell here with that shape but I can bet that mods will be on the way max by mid 2013 here.

And what's to lose, the 8th Gen should not only hold its price but you never know (knowing Pakistan), it might actually appraise in value cause it's no secret now that the 9th gen has an opening control price of 2.2 mill.

So buddy go for the 8th gen. My advise would be to go for a slightly used 011 or 010...
    Thanks for the detailed reply ....I totally agree and i dont wanna go for 9th gen civic I love 8th gen also It ll be about 200 to 400 K expensive than the current one ..........

Also I dont want to go for a used car If one is spending that much ,One should enjoy the smell and feel of showroom fresh car

Now we have agreed that If buy an Oriel than it must be Prosmatec but is there any CNG expert here ? how much 8gen Prosmatec Consume and is it recommended ????

I currently own IDSI and it runs perfectly on CNG giving me 160 -170 with in city.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not an expert but will tell you about my experiences so that you can analyze.

I have always been a manual tranny fan. However, I had a Prosmatec in 2005 which was converted to CNG in 2006. Only after a couple of months the kit was removed and sold. Reason being the poor performance of car and the jerks that were affecting the gearbox. That Prosmatec got sold and a manual one was bought. I do miss automatic transmission when I am stuck in traffic however. But then, you have to let go something in order to get something...

Now lets come to Reborn. I have a manual on CNG as well as a Prosmatec on CNG. The manual is simply too good on CNG. The car mostly runs on Petrol but when it is converted to CNG, you don't feel too much of a difference. If you don't get involved in races, then even the pick is just perfect for you, else, it goes above 150 easily on CNG. For places like Pakistan, it is more than enough. Regarding the mileage, on long runs it'll give you around 150 kms per cylinder i.e. for around 600 rupees or less, it will give you around or above 150 kms easily and that too if you drive it at higher RPMs. Within city it gives minimum 100 kms per cylinder if you drive it very aggressively. If you drive it with care and at lower RPMs, then the mileage can cross 125 kms per cylinder. Therefore it is extremely economical and is way better mileage than on petrol. There is a difference if you compare the mileage on Petrol and CNG which might not be too much in the early years but the margin will increase with the passage of time.

For example, if I go to Sialkot on CNG in my Civic, I have to get it refilled just once after crossing Jhelum. The CNG then takes me to Sialkot and enough remains in the cylinder that I can drive in city for a couple of days more... One sided trip costs around 900 to 1000 rupees. On petrol, it takes atleast half tank to take me to Sialkot.

Now lets talk about Prosmatec (Reborn). The car came to Sialkot on petrol this time because the performace on CNG wasn't satisfactory. I have driven it hardly five times on CNG and am not satisfied at all. You might not feel much difference in the speed, drive etc. but the shifting response is effected and even the shifting is not smooth. But again, the plus point is the mileage. But the kind of people I have around me would prefer their pleasure of driving on Petrol rather than mileage it is giving on CNG. The Prosmatec transmissions are sensitive and expensive so one should not mess with it.

Regarding resale; if it is a clean piece, then people wont leave it until and unless they are looking specifically for a Prosmatec. Some people can't drive manual cars due to reasons. So they would only go for an automatic transmission car. Rest, you still have a huge market for "nonProsmatec" lovers... Apart from that, it would be an Oriel. Demand would have been and issue if the choice was to make between an Oriel and a hardtop one.

Verdict: If you want CNG in anyway, go for Manual. The only difference it'll make while selling is that it will go a bit cheaper than Prosmatec because you got it a bit cheaper in the first place...
    The more I get to know people, the more I like my dog!

www.alishbatours.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by istafa111 View Post
    I am not an expert but will tell you about my experiences so that you can analyze.

I have always been a manual tranny fan. However, I had a Prosmatec in 2005 which was converted to CNG in 2006. Only after a couple of months the kit was removed and sold. Reason being the poor performance of car and the jerks that were affecting the gearbox. That Prosmatec got sold and a manual one was bought. I do miss automatic transmission when I am stuck in traffic however. But then, you have to let go something in order to get something...

Now lets come to Reborn. I have a manual on CNG as well as a Prosmatec on CNG. The manual is simply too good on CNG. The car mostly runs on Petrol but when it is converted to CNG, you don't feel too much of a difference. If you don't get involved in races, then even the pick is just perfect for you, else, it goes above 150 easily on CNG. For places like Pakistan, it is more than enough. Regarding the mileage, on long runs it'll give you around 150 kms per cylinder i.e. for around 600 rupees or less, it will give you around or above 150 kms easily and that too if you drive it at higher RPMs. Within city it gives minimum 100 kms per cylinder if you drive it very aggressively. If you drive it with care and at lower RPMs, then the mileage can cross 125 kms per cylinder. Therefore it is extremely economical and is way better mileage than on petrol. There is a difference if you compare the mileage on Petrol and CNG which might not be too much in the early years but the margin will increase with the passage of time.

For example, if I go to Sialkot on CNG in my Civic, I have to get it refilled just once after crossing Jhelum. The CNG then takes me to Sialkot and enough remains in the cylinder that I can drive in city for a couple of days more... One sided trip costs around 900 to 1000 rupees. On petrol, it takes atleast half tank to take me to Sialkot.

Now lets talk about Prosmatec (Reborn). The car came to Sialkot on petrol this time because the performace on CNG wasn't satisfactory. I have driven it hardly five times on CNG and am not satisfied at all. You might not feel much difference in the speed, drive etc. but the shifting response is effected and even the shifting is not smooth. But again, the plus point is the mileage. But the kind of people I have around me would prefer their pleasure of driving on Petrol rather than mileage it is giving on CNG. The Prosmatec transmissions are sensitive and expensive so one should not mess with it.

Regarding resale; if it is a clean piece, then people wont leave it until and unless they are looking specifically for a Prosmatec. Some people can't drive manual cars due to reasons. So they would only go for an automatic transmission car. Rest, you still have a huge market for "nonProsmatec" lovers... Apart from that, it would be an Oriel. Demand would have been and issue if the choice was to make between an Oriel and a hardtop one.

Verdict: If you want CNG in anyway, go for Manual. The only difference it'll make while selling is that it will go a bit cheaper than Prosmatec because you got it a bit cheaper in the first place...
    Manny thanks Istafa111.

Thats was quite helpfull ,I have to get CNG thats for sure unless CNG load sheding increase for more than 3 days...

What i was actually hoping to get out of this thread is Some1 just come up and says that Prosmatec runs perfectly on cng no issues So grab one with out any fear but.....HUH..............

Can you please elaborate more about your Prosmatec reborn a part from gear shifting issues ? Whats its Consumption etc .

Ahhh It is a difficult decision not to OPT for Prosmatec ,But it seems i have to live with it

Thanks again..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Knock Knock....!

Any one out there in favor of CNG in prosmetec ....Come on Show up

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Manny thanks Istafa111.

Thats was quite helpfull ,I have to get CNG thats for sure unless CNG load sheding increase for more than 3 days...

What i was actually hoping to get out of this thread is Some1 just come up and says that Prosmatec runs perfectly on cng no issues So grab one with out any fear but.....HUH..............

Can you please elaborate more about your Prosmatec reborn a part from gear shifting issues ? Whats its Consumption etc .

Ahhh It is a difficult decision not to OPT for Prosmatec ,But it seems i have to live with it

Thanks again..
    No problem Sir.

I am not a Prosmatec expert but have just mentioned my experiences here. If you have to keep a car for a year or two and go for CNG after driving it for 6 months on Petrol, then one can say that you might not face any issues in a year or two but the second owner or the third one will have to face the wear and tear. So there are some doubts when you talk about CNG and Prosmatec. These kind of doubts have huge importance when you are spending 2.2 Million rupees.

I am not sure about the consumption of Prosmatec as it has recently been with us and I hardly drive it. Would be selling it in a week or so.

You should ask experts like mechanics who have seen the after effects of CNG on Prosmatecs so that you can have an exact idea.

To me, issues are its pick, shifting, response and little issues with starting but that can be ignored.
    The more I get to know people, the more I like my dog!

www.alishbatours.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think whether to ask experts, ask your self what you want.... Furthermore, i can see that you have already set your mind towards prosmatec so i think go for it if your heart says so...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster if u ev decided then make it or brk it,regarding 8th gen prosmtc,ive kept every varient of tis particular gen.
    regarding 8th gen pros i'd say immaculate pleasure of drive+luxury at shifting but but but dont expect economy from it,well it depends upon driving style aswell but i neva got smthing above 9-10km/l from mine preowned prosmatic.
    now when i cmpare manual 8th gen with prosmtc i cmpute it as,its more responsive(throttle wise)+runs well on cng nd the most amazing thing in cmparison to prosmtc is its average.
    i fetch about average 14km from mine curnt manual oriel.
    hope this help u a bit.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=immad100;3089933]@poster if u ev decided then make it or brk it,regarding 8th gen prosmtc,ive kept every varient of tis particular gen.
    regarding 8th gen pros i'd say immaculate pleasure of drive+luxury at shifting but but but dont expect economy from it,well it depends upon driving style aswell but i neva got smthing above 9-10km/l from mine preowned prosmatic.
    now when i cmpare manual 8th gen with prosmtc i cmpute it as,its more responsive(throttle wise)+runs well on cng nd the most amazing thing in cmparison to prosmtc is its average.
    i fetch about average 14km from mine curnt manual oriel.
    hope this help u a bit.

Thanks a lot ,That was really helpful.....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very helpful indeed !