0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Driver Side Door Glass Rollup issue in Civic 08

Guys,
    Facing and issue of driver side glass door issue as it comes off the track,
    this is temp fixed by the WD 40 treatment. Is it due to the glass door channel ? Replacement costs around Rs 4k. What do you guys recommend, should I change the run channel ?
    Would appreciate your input.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't change the channel, this car has a problem with dust buildup, it will not be fixed even after replacement. What you need to do is, take a pointy object like a flat head screwdriver, wrap it around a cloth and insert it into the channels and clean it out. That will fix it. Apply some WD40 after cleaning.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or you can open the door panel and clean the tracks by taking them out. Bit Difficult though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wash out the tracks - and never ever use WD40 on them, it will swell the rubber and render the channels useless. There is a special grease that is used on these channels which does not attract dust, but it will be mighty expensive in Pakistan.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    wash out the tracks - and never ever use WD40 on them, it will swell the rubber and render the channels useless. There is a special grease that is used on these channels which does not attract dust, but it will be mighty expensive in Pakistan.
    I've been using WD40 on mine since 2007, no issues with slippage/swelling yet. I just clean it regularly with the method mentioned above. I figure by the time the channel is rendered useless the car will be sold (almost 5 years at this point and still holding strong).
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    Don't change the channel, this car has a problem with dust buildup, it will not be fixed even after replacement. What you need to do is, take a pointy object like a flat head screwdriver, wrap it around a cloth and insert it into the channels and clean it out. That will fix it. Apply some WD40 after cleaning.
    Thanks I will try the cleanup, though WD 40 treatment is what I have been doing for the past yr. Also now I feel sometimes that when the glass is fully rolled down, it even rattles a bit, so thought maybe the run channel has gone faulty.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mercedes benz have a grease - its called something like glietpasten - blah. Its specifically used for slow moving high load parts plastic to plastic or plastic to metal parts like the sunroof sliders, window track sliders, power seat sliders and also in the wiper system - its waterproof and does not attract dust and is super slippery too.

I had a tin of it - 500 grams and cost me USD 86/- to buy - split the cost and grease too among a few. Worth every little penny. Its made by Dow Corning
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List