Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By rockerguy

Thread: Accord CL9 or Altis/Civic Reborn?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Accord CL9 or Altis/Civic Reborn?

Well as the title says my father is looking to buy a new car within the next month probably and by default our options were either the Corolla or Civic. However I saw CL9 selling for nearly the same price on PG so I'm wondering how good that car is. My questions are:

1- How good is the fuel consumption compared to Civic or Altis?
    2- Ride quality/comfort level. Can it fit 5 people easily?
    3- Is it able to handle road bumps well or will it just fall apart
    4- Are spare parts easily available and can a local mechanic fix it easily?
    5- All CL9s are driven at least 40-50k km. Should I buy a car thats driven this much over a zero meter car?

Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many PWers may disagree with me but trust me zero meter car gives you a peace of mind for another two to three years being under warranty... After spending over two million rs. The peace of mind and uninterrupted ride you get is worth the price... I was in the same phase two months back and finally went for zero meter civic and Alhamdulilah I'm very satisfied with my decision.... Hope it helps.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agree with rockerguy, was in the same phase and was quite tempted by the Cls and even a 05 merc c180 but then it led to the following conclusions (merc was out...didn't want high profiling in khi these days):

1. CLs...well it sort of is 2 shapes behind (technically)...so you are spending 2 mill on a couple of year old car which is also 2 shape behind, would not have mattered so much if both shapes would not have been here. Mark X ka bhee purana shape hai but I haven't seen the new one here yet...so for here it still is 'in' and 'new'

2. How many years do you plan to keep this car...I wanted to buy one which I planned to keep for 5 years...I calculated...hmmm 5-6 year old car...keep it for 5 years...well by 2016 it will be an 11 year old car...so today do I like a 2000 model CF3...nah!

3. Resale...again same thing...how hot is a 2000 CF3...most probably the same level of hotness will be for the CL by 2016

4. How much do you plan to use it...my upper ceiling is 15K kms a year...so in 5 yrs my car would have been driven 75K...a five year old car (when I'll sell it) with 75K on it is reasonable..but if I would have gotten a CL with 40 or 50...well...a car with 120K plus in Pakistan will have given me its share of workshop visits before I would have gotten to the stage of selling it....Infact with a zero meter car...it would take me 3 years to get to the point where I would be today if I would have gone for a 40-50K chalee hoee CL...

To sum it up...nice car...temptation filled...but today only...

I am now a satisfied Civic owner
    A beautiful woman & a beautiful car...both should be WAXED regularly & frequently!!! www.detailingcrew.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List