Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: Honda Civic 05 ES1 Build Thread by rohaansaeed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 05 ES1 Build Thread by rohaansaeed.

Hello everyone

So after almost five and a half years at Pakwheels, I finally thought of making a Build Thread of my 2005 Honda Civic VTi M/T.

Starting off with a little introduction, this car has been with me since the very first day, we're the first owners. In around 7 years it's done roughly around 20,000km.

oh and I'll go with this build slowly, don't want to rush things and just dump all the money and rice the car up, I'll discuss the mods that have already been done and that are still pending.

In the meantime, suggestions, feedback and advice will be appreciated

Will be putting up detailed pictures gradually, keep following

Enjoy

Index:
    - Page 1 -- Interior/Engine Bay
    - Page 2 -- Audio System - Pictures and Video uploaded
    - Page 3 -- Suspension
    - Page 5 -- Pivot Volt MegaRaizin
    - Page 6 -- Exterior Pictures
    - Page 6 -- Engine Mod Teasers
    - Page 8 -- Cabin Filter DIY <--- Disappointing !
    - Page 9 -- Simota Cold Air Intake Added
    - Page 10 -- USDM Coupe Grill Installation
    - Page 14 -- K-PRO III

Update: Still not getting time for a proper shoot -.-

Note: Off-topic posts or arguments are not allowed here. Negative posts targeted towards fellow members will also be reported immediately.

City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rohaansaeed View Post
    Let's just say I have plans for K-series in the future, not exactly the current K24
    can i.......??ammmm i can smell sumfing like k** hahahaha....lets not burst the secret rit now
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by madhouse12 View Post
    dubai autos rwp has it. if u want i can send u one.
    How much is it for Arsalan bhai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much is it for Arsalan bhai?
    sms'ed you
    add/like my page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deep-Stage/118781821626401

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ohhh acha, teehee
    Yeah once it's painted, it will blend in, the fitting is perfect though, not even a millimeter out from anywhere

Yeah I have, two of my very good friends have it so I get to drive them very often
    good.

tell me which one u found better in terms of drive, 6th or 7th ? i mean D16Y6 or D16W9 ?

Okay so I went shopping for my Detailing session next week, got couple of goodies, but couldn't find the much needed Clay Bar, any suggestions as to where I could get it?
    bhaiyya poch k jana tha kahan gae they, kia kya laye ?

Clay bar ? will turtle ice clay kit suffice ? i personally think it is more than enough. let me know and probably i'll be of some help.
    Honda, Sony, AMD, Android, Grassroots, Hiwatt, Turtle, Dream Theater !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hats Off .........
    Simply Luvin It ....... And Nice Mods So Far Keep It Up Dude.
    PRACTICE LIKE A 'DEVIL' PLAY LIKE AN 'ANGEL'

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raging_ravin View Post
    tell me which one u found better in terms of drive, 6th or 7th ? i mean D16Y6 or D16W9 ?
    The 6th Gen here has a D16Y8

I found the 7th generation better since I really love the stiff suspension Honda chose, 7th gen has better handling and braking, ABS and EBD with 4 wheel discs, the 6th Gen VTi had 4 wheel discs but weren't the best out there. 7th gen is more up-to-date as well (whole K-series is compatible with 7th gen)

The 6th generation Civic is a really good car no doubt, but every ricer here and there has one, yes the H-series and B-series are available for it but again, they're old engines.

In my opinion a clean 7th gen Civic is a much better choice, not to mention it has far better safety rankings as well, a big consideration while buying a car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The 6th Gen here has a D16Y8

I found the 7th generation better since I really love the stiff suspension Honda chose, 7th gen has better handling and braking, ABS and EBD with 4 wheel discs, the 6th Gen VTi had 4 wheel discs but weren't the best out there. 7th gen is more up-to-date as well (whole K-series is compatible with 7th gen)

The 6th generation Civic is a really good car no doubt, but every ricer here and there has one, yes the H-series and B-series are available for it but again, they're old engines.

In my opinion a clean 7th gen Civic is a much better choice, not to mention it has far better safety rankings as well, a big consideration while buying a car.
    my 6th gen had a D16Y6, and we were the 2nd owners so the thought of a swap is simply not possible.

coming to 6th or 7th, i have driven both, i had a 6th gen in a condition similar to your 7th gen, but the 7th gen i have now is definitely not that great, and although there are many good points about 7th gen, i simply love the drive of the 6th gen.

About suspension, i had disregard for 7th gen's suspension even before i had one, and when i got one, my dismay was confirmed. the 6th gen runs like a boat flows in the water.

Handling, i dont think that 6th gen is less, infact i think 7th gen lacks that extra it needed to have in terms of handling.

Braking, agreed that 6th gen lacks ABS and stuff, but i would again disagree about them not being the best out there. As per my own observation and opinions and experiences of other people as well, i think the 6th gen had the best brakes of its time, comparable to nissan sunny's (who arguably has excellent braking)

Agreed on the updated thing (obviously it is a newer thing) and agreed on the car safety ranking things. also, the 2 tone interior is stunning

But i think if both are to be compared accordingly, the 7th gen seems to be thrown out in haste ... almost same dashboard design, not that special engine as compared to the 6th gen, no notable increase in power ... not to mention the bharam one car offers.

But again, getting updated was the reason i bought a 7th gen. My 6th gen was the 1997 one, didn't had sunroof and stuff, but my 7th gen is the oriel one, so obviously loving all the additional things, but really miss the elegance of the 6th gen.

As my dad puts it: she looked like a shehzaadi, doors used to close with a ear warming crisp click, and flowed like a boat.

against it, i think the 7th gen was put out with only minor upgrades and looked like the guys at honda have just launched a new model to stay in the market. So i, although hating the rear lights of 8th gen a lot, still call the 8th gen a real successor of the civic !

bhaiyya poch k jana tha kahan gae they, kia kya laye ?

Clay bar ? will turtle ice clay kit suffice ? i personally think it is more than enough. let me know and probably i'll be of some help.
    ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my 6th gen had a D16Y6, and we were the 2nd owners so the thought of a swap is simply not possible.

coming to 6th or 7th, i have driven both, i had a 6th gen in a condition similar to your 7th gen, but the 7th gen i have now is definitely not that great, and although there are many good points about 7th gen, i simply love the drive of the 6th gen.

About suspension, i had disregard for 7th gen's suspension even before i had one, and when i got one, my dismay was confirmed. the 6th gen runs like a boat flows in the water.

Handling, i dont think that 6th gen is less, infact i think 7th gen lacks that extra it needed to have in terms of handling.

Braking, agreed that 6th gen lacks ABS and stuff, but i would again disagree about them not being the best out there. As per my own observation and opinions and experiences of other people as well, i think the 6th gen had the best brakes of its time, comparable to nissan sunny's (who arguably has excellent braking)

Agreed on the updated thing (obviously it is a newer thing) and agreed on the car safety ranking things. also, the 2 tone interior is stunning

But i think if both are to be compared accordingly, the 7th gen seems to be thrown out in haste ... almost same dashboard design, not that special engine as compared to the 6th gen, no notable increase in power ... not to mention the bharam one car offers.

But again, getting updated was the reason i bought a 7th gen. My 6th gen was the 1997 one, didn't had sunroof and stuff, but my 7th gen is the oriel one, so obviously loving all the additional things, but really miss the elegance of the 6th gen.

As my dad puts it: she looked like a shehzaadi, doors used to close with a ear warming crisp click, and flowed like a boat.

against it, i think the 7th gen was put out with only minor upgrades and looked like the guys at honda have just launched a new model to stay in the market. So i, although hating the rear lights of 8th gen a lot, still call the 8th gen a real successor of the civic !

Well said, most people hate the suspension on the 7th generation, that's pretty much understandable as we're not usually fond of stiff suspension which is not suited to most of the road conditions here.

6th gen has a softer touch to it, if you sit in a 5th generation or the earlier generations of Accord and compare them to the later generation of Accords, you'll notice the very same thing, it's just advancement and stiffer suspension proves to be way better on the road.

6th generation was good in handling but not better than the 7th, I've driven both cars and know how they perform at the Autocross, 6th gen has a slight disadvantage here, 7th gen outruns it everytime

Yeap totally agree that 6th gen Civic had the best brakes in it's class in those years, but comparing it to the 7th gen, there was a lot of improvement in the latter.

I had a 1987 Honda Accord, the third generation of the Accord, I feel the same about that car, it was a pleasure driving that car, the way it handled and the 'soft suspension' feeling, it even had stabilizer bars in it from factory, I really miss that feel in my Civic but again, like I said, advancement is needed. Comparing that to my current Civic I know what makes you love your ex 97 Civic more than your current car

Yeap it will, that's exactly what I've been looking for !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well said, most people hate the suspension on the 7th generation, that's pretty much understandable as we're not usually fond of stiff suspension which is not suited to most of the road conditions here.

6th gen has a softer touch to it, if you sit in a 5th generation or the earlier generations of Accord and compare them to the later generation of Accords, you'll notice the very same thing, it's just advancement and stiffer suspension proves to be way better on the road.

6th generation was good in handling but not better than the 7th, I've driven both cars and know how they perform at the Autocross, 6th gen has a slight disadvantage here, 7th gen outruns it everytime

Yeap totally agree that 6th gen Civic had the best brakes in it's class in those years, but comparing it to the 7th gen, there was a lot of improvement in the latter.

I had a 1987 Honda Accord, the third generation of the Accord, I feel the same about that car, it was a pleasure driving that car, the way it handled and the 'soft suspension' feeling, it even had stabilizer bars in it from factory, I really miss that feel in my Civic but again, like I said, advancement is needed. Comparing that to my current Civic I know what makes you love your ex 97 Civic more than your current car

Yeap it will, that's exactly what I've been looking for !
    haye ... yar mohabbat is a very bad thing... of course one can buy a brand new car, but the fire of a nicely maintained old beauty is something which cant be described in words.

Although i am no pro, i would suggest do discuss all your detailing needs. As for procurement, i would suggest heading out to Saca Plus (rimpa plaza, saddar) if going there is not possible for you, let me know, i pass through saddar for multiple reasons (my love for computers, etc) so i can fetch it and can hand it over when i go some where near you oscillate.

supposing that you procure your stuff from Optimum motorsports spots like it, i would like to inform you that apart from imports, optimum motorsport takes supplies from Saca Plus as well ! this i've been told by the guy at saca. So obviously you'll get more for your money. Rahi bat k why am i so interested in pubic service, i think it is good be of help, i can't repay with technical help on PW, but i do this at least.

apas ki bat hai, i would love to see your civic

But do share your detailing arsenal first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot, I'll be visiting Saca in a few day's time

Oh and I'm not very fond of Optimum people, they're rip offs, I usually refrain from buying parts from their so yeah Saca ftw

Haha sure will arrange a Karachi meetup and you can have a look at it there InshAllah

I'll post pictures of the detailing lineup soon

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

love ur car MASHALLAH...wanted to c it badly today but well...betta luck next time..reminds me of my vti oriel pros..had it in the sAme color,same condition..it was a UG...i regret selling it!!

heres the link for my car..

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/veh...riel-2005-sale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Masha Allah, one sexy ride.. i start drooling when i see this thread.. keep it up mate..
    Mercedes Benz - W126 - 1uzfe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot, I'll be visiting Saca in a few day's time

Oh and I'm not very fond of Optimum people, they're rip offs, I usually refrain from buying parts from their so yeah Saca ftw

Haha sure will arrange a Karachi meetup and you can have a look at it there InshAllah

I'll post pictures of the detailing lineup soon
    optimum is for sure rip-off but it surely is the only outlet for some people regarding some specific items, that is why it is preferred. I remember a friend had to drive all the way from here (north nazimabad) to optimum just for buying Hood pins !

as for meetup, the detailing crew will be arranging a karachi meet up soon, you are invited for sure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tilsim View Post
    Masha Allah, one sexy ride.. i start drooling when i see this thread.. keep it up mate..
    Thank you Usman bhai, I feel the very same way whenever I open the thread of your sleeper

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Updated Look

Took these pictures from a Samsung cellphone camera, famous for high saturation so bear with me -.-

Honda Civic 05 ES1 Build Thread rohaansaeed -381171

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This picture does justice to the Metallic paint and the detailing job

Honda Civic 05 ES1 Build Thread rohaansaeed -381184

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys, okay so my finals are approaching so this thread will be at a snail's pace for a while, however, I'll still be following and answering people here

Oh and you all will be seeing a new Build Thread for another project soon that I'm starting work on, saving up money for that so that's another reason for this thread to go slow

Both these threads will go side by side once I start the work on the second project

Civic Love Till Then, Cheers Honda Civic 05 ES1 Build Thread by rohaansaeed. - smiley rock

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good luck for exam and project as well
    Project GTxx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Like they say, two is better than one Honda Civic 05 ES1 Build Thread by rohaansaeed. - 34

Honda Civic 05 ES1 Build Thread rohaansaeed -383443

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

User Tag List