Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Strange Problem Civic VTI 02

AOA

I am facing a strange problem in my civic 02 VTI. Background is that I got a problem in CNG switch as it was working intermittently I noticed that some times when turn on ignition not lights were blinking in it neither CNG nor on Petrol. And one day car refused to start. A passer by helped me and he made a direct connection of CNG soleniod with positive terminal of battery and car started smoothly.
    Later on i took the car to electerician and he told me that new CNg switch will cost me 1400/- where as repair of old switch will cost me 400/- so i went for a repair and he installed a relay and connected it with CNG switch. after that i dint face any problem in starting. But today a strange thing happened tht car battery light started to blink at low RPM and when the RPM increased it goes off. I took the car to road side electerician he checked it and announced that genereator is not charging. as it was close to maghrib and due eid milad un nabi market was closed so i was unable to confirm it. He said do not turn on the lights n go home and take the car to home and bring back tomm. He gave me estimate of 3000/- for generator repair. After that I drove the car with lights On. switched off and switched on no of times.But i dint face ne problem in starting now iam thinking is it really generator problem, As a battery which is continuously draining and not been charging wont give me so many starts and that is too in such cold weather.
    Now there are few possibilities
    1. it is generator problem
    2. it is something related to that relay
    3. some grounding wire is short
    4. battery is weak

I need experts advice regarding this issue
    ASAP
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzeb109 View Post
    AOA

I am facing a strange problem in my civic 02 VTI. Background is that I got a problem in CNG switch as it was working intermittently I noticed that some times when turn on ignition not lights were blinking in it neither CNG nor on Petrol. And one day car refused to start. A passer by helped me and he made a direct connection of CNG soleniod with positive terminal of battery and car started smoothly.
    Later on i took the car to electerician and he told me that new CNg switch will cost me 1400/- where as repair of old switch will cost me 400/- so i went for a repair and he installed a relay and connected it with CNG switch. after that i dint face any problem in starting. But today a strange thing happened tht car battery light started to blink at low RPM and when the RPM increased it goes off. I took the car to road side electerician he checked it and announced that genereator is not charging. as it was close to maghrib and due eid milad un nabi market was closed so i was unable to confirm it. He said do not turn on the lights n go home and take the car to home and bring back tomm. He gave me estimate of 3000/- for generator repair. After that I drove the car with lights On. switched off and switched on no of times.But i dint face ne problem in starting now iam thinking is it really generator problem, As a battery which is continuously draining and not been charging wont give me so many starts and that is too in such cold weather.
    Now there are few possibilities
    1. it is generator problem
    2. it is something related to that relay
    3. some grounding wire is short
    4. battery is weak

I need experts advice regarding this issue
    ASAP
    thanks
    Dear, the first problem which you faced was due to CNG fuse failure in Engine bay and the passer by person directed the connection. Its good you went for relay installation only as there is no issue in your CNG switch.

Blinking of battery light is can occur due to,
    1- Loose connection at battery.
    2- Electrolysis depostion (Greenish White) on battery terminals
    3- Generator Failure.

For serial#1 & 2 it will blink only whereas for 3 it will light up continuosly.
    I suggest you to remove the terminal wires, clean terminals with sand paper & later hot water. Connect wires tightly & drop 2-3 drops of clean lube oil on each terminal. Then check it hopefully it will work.
    Even if it persist don't directly go for Generator repair as there can be loose connections some other points like fuse etc. Then refer some good electrician to test the Generator with Meter.

Thx
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ +1.

In addition, the generator is fine n even if not it does not cost 3000 to get it repaired.
    You can get a kabli/used generator for 3000 from auto market near Rwp Railway station.I hope it's not the case of such slow rpms that makes engine stop and if that is the case then get ur rpms increased to somewhere around 900 ~ 1000.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Guys
    Todays latest update is i parked my car outside in cold winter night of pindi. I started car at 70AM and without exaggeration car started in half self. But the batt light came on and started to blink. After that I drove the car but i found nothing wrong in it.
    I think mkkd is right regarding loose battery terminal or loose wiring . I can do DIY regarding loose battery terminals or cleaning terminal but for any other fault I have to be specific. I hope that problem would get solve by doing this.
    @haider thanks a lot for advice. I already did the same and adjusted RPM but light continued to blink.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Latest update is battery got drained completely. My assumptions were wrong that it was indication malfunction where as it was not. Driver took the car to electrician (some other guy) and he also diagnosed after recharging battery that it is generator (alternator) problem. As generator is not charging the battery. Now i need xperts advice that by any chance alternator might have packed up bcz of installation of CNG relay, or there is some loose connection like loose ground wire from alternator. I am having these thoughts bcz till now i faced no problem regarding battery and alternator and personally i think there must be some indications before alternator packs up completely

And if at all this problem is related to faulty alternator then how to go about it. should i go for a repair of alternator or replace it with a kabli one. And in case of replacement where to find a kabli one in chah sultan and estimation of price as well. And if anyone has contact info of some shop that would be highly appreciated as well

thanks and regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the alternator connections are pretty simple

1 thick wire to fuse box main
    1 wire IG switch power
    1 wire alt lamp on dash
    1 wire as sense wire

The alternator can be tested by full fielding and seeing if the alternator goes to full load and max volts. If it does then the voltage regulator in the alternator is shot.

Most cases are the carbon brushes wearing out.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List