1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic Hybrid, OK???

Salams. As some of you may already know, I'm in the look out for a new roadster since my Altis 2011 recently got lifted from my garage, as part of the fresh outbreak of the seemingly indestructible car theft virus. https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/ele...sense-security

I have quite a few options available before me, but one thing is for sure, and read my lips: "NO MORE TOYOTA!

I have kind of made it a resolution to myself that I'll not purchase any more IMC vehicle, till at least this fleecing manufacturer does not make it's cars less hotcakes for thieves, in the absence of an immobilizer and very easy forging of the chassis details placed below the front seats. I've come to learn sadly, that these models (2009-2011), when stealth, are traded at almost original, used price with new docs!!!

Anyhow, to get to the point, I'm seriously considering a fully loaded Honda Civic, 2012 Oriel, Prosmatic, yet with the present Atlas manufacture standstill going on, prices and premiums of Civics have gone up quite to the steeper side and the wait also is kind of unbearable, once they start rolling out their cars this month, hopefully.

I came across some ads here for the Hybrid models, fresh import, and would like and appreciate our esteemed members here to kindly comment on the pro's and con's of these??

I know, I'm sacrificing the sunroof with these models, yet found the Hybrid engine, multimedia steering controls and cruise control a fair package in contrast, leave alone the reasonable prices, as if compared to the local price-jack these days (23 Lakhs for on spot delivery)

Kindly shed some light on these models, with specifics on below:

1) What is the actual mileage of these cars, since the importers proclaim above 30kms/per ltr?

2) Is the hybrid engine function serviceable here in Pakistan, in case of any malfunction?? Do we have the people to deal with these engines?

3) Does this car have the some torque/output as the genuine petrol only model?

4) Does it have the same output/power on electric charge, as when on petrol?

5) Is the imported color range of paints available here, in case of any minor/major bodywork required?

Some of the options around:

Used Honda Civic 2007 for sale in Karachi - Ad ID: 351969 | PakWheels

Used Honda Civic 2006 for sale in Karachi - Ad ID: 351604 | PakWheels

Used Honda Civic 2006 for sale in Lahore - Ad ID: 332781 | PakWheels

Used Honda Civic 2007 for sale in Lahore - Ad ID: 329114 | PakWheels

Wo
    uld appreciate some qualitative inputs here, especially by those of you who may have used it, or have some personal experience with it. Let's make it the Honda Civic Hybrid, query thread.

Regards.

" Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as for the mileage n condition refer to the auction grade sheet.so 1 query will b killed! http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/vehi...rading-1-2-3-a
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well civic hybrid is good car its engine is same as city 1.3, comes with, ice control on steering wheel, Anti skid control, heated seats, cruise, cd, rims and loads of other option. The battery lasts for 10yrs min replacement arnt tht expensive £1000 can get you one from the market. I have 5 cars in black and silver on there way to Pakistan.
    BUG ME AND I WILL CRASH INTO U!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get a jdm civic 1.8
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CrashD View Post
    well civic hybrid is good car its engine is same as city 1.3, comes with, ice control on steering wheel, Anti skid control, heated seats, cruise, cd, rims and loads of other option. The battery lasts for 10yrs min replacement arnt tht expensive £1000 can get you one from the market. I have 5 cars in black and silver on there way to Pakistan.
    Thanks for the reply. Well, if engine is the same as in the City, I believe we have quite an under-powered fellow there, don't we?

I personally cannot adjust to the City, due to it's 1300cc, and then we have an even larger vehicle with the same engine, displacement???!

If so, that's virtually the coup-de-grace to this thread and query, instead I probably should check out for the 1.8 JDM as Hashim bro just suggested.

Regards.
    " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hates off for IMC boycott ! They deserve this ! .. Have you got your money back from Insurance guys yet ??

I guess Civic Hybrid is with 1400CC engine with the same body as that of 1800 so Power to weight ratio of this car will be even less then Honda City ! If you are looking for some Power at hand, Civic Hybrid will not be a happy ride....

Sir Why not try "Civic Oriel Manual" instead of going for 4-5 years old car ! I suggested Manual because of Better Mileage then Prosmatic !
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1) What is the actual mileage of these cars, since the importers proclaim above 30kms/per ltr?

For Mileage Honda recently lost a Mileage claim case, check it out , very interesting read

Bottom Line - Honda Civic mileage verdict has industry sweating

2) Is the hybrid engine function serviceable here in Pakistan, in case of any malfunction?? Do we have the people to deal with these engines?

No don't think so however, Battery packs and engines have reasonable good life. Honda gives 10 year warranty for the battery pack and life of cells are 25 years so is quite reliable ! BUT REMEMBER machine is a machine at the end , if it goes bad you can't tell it that your warranty is still not expired

NOT AT ALL SIR ! Torque of Hybrid engine is 89 ft·lbs at 4500 rpm (Max) While that of 1.8 is 128 ft·lbs at 4300 rpm (Max)

4) Does it have the same output/power on electric charge, as when on petrol?

NOO ... 1.4 << 1.8 Engine in terms of HP, torque and everything related !

5) Is the imported color range of paints available here, in case of any minor/major bodywork required?

Toyota and Honda purchase Paints from Akzo Noble, BIGGEST PAINT MANUFACTURER OF THE WORLD so I hope you can find a match !
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when u fit a civic 1.8 with cng power goes down also and not every1 does a drag on the traffic lights.Hybrids is a economical car not for speeding at traffic lights its does ur overtaking with ease saves u on fuel bills, comfortable then the local civic and built quality u get safety features in 8 airbags form anti skid control so value for money. the local crap made cheaply made a 4 yr old car looks better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hybrids primarily for city commute where stop and go is quite alot.usually it serves one purpose which is daily drive.we in Pakistan need a car for commute on long routes and as a daily ride. most of us have one car to do this. same car is our weekend ride and also our Walima Car. so lot many things have to be considered. if ur the city exec or the american soccer man, the hybrid will suit you. if u want fun then these arent your play area. so do consider that.
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice Discussion, I vote for Hybrid as we can expect 150 Rs/liter (petrol) so better to save money on fuel and hybrids are good and green and I think Hybrid is the future car.
    Fuel Saving is good habit and If we think about environment (pollution) that will be a really educated mindset.

(I am really Sad about Your Altis)
    we should be proud of safe driving.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

like @zunny said its for some one who does city driving not gt road or motorway regular drive nor for ppl who want power though u dont get much out of civics or corola either.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mostly r clocked over 100k.. 99.9% odo r tempered in pakistan

No... however most of these cars r refurbished on bybrid part.. the batteries r mostly replaced giving u another 4 year life

These cars are for fuel economy, comfort..

U ll get good shades if its a UK import.. the JDM r mostly sliver and white, or most u would get black

-

U should also try for

- Toyota Prius Hybrid 1.5 and if ur pocket allows, 1.8hybrid would keep u happy for next 5 years...
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CrashD View Post
    like @zunny said its for some one who does city driving not gt road or motorway regular drive nor for ppl who want power though u dont get much out of civics or corola either.
    Thank you everybody above, and thanks Umair2203 bro for your detailed reply.

I must say, above notion by CrashD bro literally spells it all out, compromising power for fuel economy.

Though it's a desirable target with respect to unstable, exorbitant fuel prices in Pakistan these days, it sadly does not suit my longer routes, where I need the power quotient more, especially during full 3 months vacations, when surfing around the demanding hilly areas, requiring a stronger torque figure.

I think, I'll have to take a look at the 1.8 JDM's, before I make up my mind for a local car or not.

@Umair2203...........Bro, thanks! Just pray that this "hat" of "No, to Indus" could be held stationary in that position, I must say driving the Altis was quite of an addiction and I do have hard time rejecting it again, especially when bearing in mind that the Civic is to be upgraded this year also. One very tough decision, I must say, but it's time Indus started considering that they're merely offering "toffees", new grape-wine colors, etc, and no real value changes, with respect to immobilizers, hard to adulterate engine/chassis details.

Humbly, from some of my dealer friends over here, I came to know recently that even they're very careful when taking in a used 2009-2011 Corolla, due to the ease of adulterating it's details!!!!!

Finally, on the Manual Oriel, how much do you feel the difference with respect to fuel consumption is, when comparing it to the prosmatic?

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Difference is 1-2 Km/ltr ... If prosmatic is around 13 km/ltr .. Manual can go upto 15 km/ltr if driven carefully !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Slightly off topic but I was thinking that we should start online campaign to ask Toyota Indus to improve the Security conditions of their car by introducing some anti theft mechanisms and Immobilizer specially !

QFA
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear AK-471, first of all I am sorry to hear about your loss. We are going through strange times and everyone, it seems, is bearing the brunt of lawlessness and week governance. I hope that you are able to recoup your loss from the insurance and move on with your life.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I own a 08 oriel manual, when I drove it out of the dealership I was not a happy camper. Constant gear shifting in stop and go situations was not enjoyable. So I garaged the car for some time as I had a prosmatic, 05 and drove the R-18 only on the motorway. Using Hi-OCT for the most part, and currently a mix of 60-40, the vehicle has finally clocked 30k. I would like to add that now for various reasons, I am in love with this car. It has superb road handling on the motorway, excellent performance and turning radius for in-city driving, and a soft and gentle shift that works effortlessly, and adapts to your driving style. <o:p></o:p>
    Coming to your question, Civics’ fuel mileage is pretty much linked to you driving habits. It gives me between 11.5-12.3 within city with or without the ac, and 14-16 with speeds ranging between 120-150kms. At all times, the car changes its behavior for managing expectations. I have tested its braking on two occasions and you can steer it to a complete halt from 120 kms without feeling stressed out.<o:p></o:p>
    I recommend the R-18 oriel manual all the way.<o:p></o:p>
    Cheers <o:p></o:p>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@QFA......Thanks for the very kind words bro. Insurance claim is in process, but final Police report cannot be had before 90 days from theft incident. All docs./requirements have been handed in by me, now waiting for the time period to mature.

Appreciate your recommendation for the Manual Oriel and Umair2203 bro's calculations also. I am most inclined towards the R-18, Oriel.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Slightly off topic but I was thinking that we should start online campaign to ask Toyota Indus to improve the Security conditions of their car by introducing some anti theft mechanisms and Immobilizer specially !
    Umair bro, we're at full wavelengths here with this respect. I have been thinking of this also, seriously. Someone has to do the start.

We would need signatures of quite a number of people, on the finally prepared draft. Let me know how we can proceed, if I can be of any help.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MOD EDIT: Off topic.
    Search Rent Karachi on Facebook and Like it Please

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@AK471 bhai.

Really sorry to hear about your loss..... Nazar hi lag gaee apki car ko.. Wo apki nhii saare Pakwheels ki favourite car thee Was it insured??
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List