0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic '84 Engine problem

hey guyz...need some guidance. its like my '84 Civic's engine has incurred problems like oil consumption, cam broken, block not ok. my mechanic's advising me to replace it. or if i get it mended, he says there are no sure short results. i may keep this car for more than 2-3 years more. so what shall i do? either get it repaired, by replacing head, and put in rings, or replace it. what would be the price of a good used '84 Civic engine or of any higher model? and where would i get it from? Shershah? and how much would it approx. cost for repairing? pistons are ok i guess, no engine overhauling needed, as per my mechanic? plz help.
    Thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SWAP with a fresh EFI engine.

re work will cost you more then a SWAP. Go for an EFI engine complete with ECU & wiring. am sure HONDA lovers will rain with plenty of ideas for engines available as 1-to-1 notch-to-notch swap without any surgery to engine bay.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

D15b Efi or Carb
    D13 efi hyper valve
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    SWAP with a fresh EFI engine.

re work will cost you more then a SWAP. Go for an EFI engine complete with ECU & wiring. am sure HONDA lovers will rain with plenty of ideas for engines available as 1-to-1 notch-to-notch swap without any surgery to engine bay.

i'd love to do that, but the new engine is costing over 30k as told to me by someone and repairing is costing me below 20k. plus the whole wiring and ecu setup will add up for efi engine. what to do? gotta save some. plus whats the guarantee that the new engine wont give any trouble in a year or so and will have to get overhauled or something??!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by coolriz View Post
    i'd love to do that, but the new engine is costing over 30k as told to me by someone and repairing is costing me below 20k. plus the whole wiring and ecu setup will add up for efi engine. what to do? gotta save some. plus whats the guarantee that the new engine wont give any trouble in a year or so and will have to get overhauled or something??!!!
    if block need replacement and cannot be reworked-upon engine number will be changed when block is changed.

choose rework only if BLOCK remains the same. you need to get some sincere help to find a nice engine with enough muscle to last for more then your expectation. carefully calculate final total what is right for you. Keep us posted Thank you
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey. well, the block was ok for now, the engines of around '88 was costing over 40k !!! so i asked my mechanic to repair it, replaced head, put in seals and rings...car's running fine, in a week, it will go for re-setting. supposedly, there wont be any more oil eating, no smoke, better fuel consumption etc. lets see. it cost me 20k. people advised me to to get it repaired as there wont be any guarantees if the new engine gives problems later on. now i know what i've put in my present engine. i think its better. thanks guyz.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List