Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 297
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: My new Car [civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto]

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new Car [civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto]

    MASHALLAH finally bought civic 2004 Vti Oriel Prosmatec Transmission today
    it has minor scratches,touch ups but got it at a very reasonable price.
    Since my mehran got stolen so thought since that day never to buy mehran/corolla
    + was looking for a car with basic safety features like ABS,Airbags etc,and made up mind for nissan sunny but then my father's friend used car came up so got this one

    FRESH pics after the second detailing session of shampoo and black box wax session with my new stuff n a final buff with meg's supreme shine
    (pics on page 5)

    car tuned + ac serviced

    car serviced from outside as well as from inside after taking out all seats
    (pics on page4)

    Got steelmate's 2way security system + starter installed

    Got a rear view mirror LCD with back cam
    (pics on page4)

    received meg's wash mitt,supreme shine and water magent from amazon
    (pics on page4)
    and had a detailing session with it

    Got new tires
    Yokohama AVS db 550 95V
    195/65/15
    (pics on page 5)

    added a pair of perfume dice

    a 100watt police siren with mic,helps in getting rid of slow driving people in fast lane n everywhere

    a crook lock

    car roof cover cloth,it helps in keeping car dust free n everytime when i lift it,car is all clean

    got a duplicate key made

    got new oem rims

    installed 55w hids
    (pics on page 9 )

    bought gear lock
    (pics on page 9 )

    sound system
    (pics on page 11)

    black box treatment
    (pics on page 11)

    headlights cleaned
    (pics on page 13)


  2. #241
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,201
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    (h)
    My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1298354
    what is the condition of your key?
    I have two keys in total, after some 5 years of use it started getting stuck in the keyhole. At first i thought keyhole farigh hota ja raha hai par then i tried the other (unused) key at it went it smoothly. So i started using the second and now after 3 years, this key has also started giving problems.

    I compared the two keys and found that once the key is new, the V shape at the end is really good and sharp. But once it gets old, the V turns to more like a U and which is why the key doesn't fit properly any more.

    Is it normal for keys to get deshaped in this amount of time? or is keyhole of car making them wear much quicker then normal...

    In any case, since i don't have any more spare keys, what are my options? do i need to get a new set? does the keyhole needs to be changed as well with new keys?

  3. #242
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    what is the condition of your key?
    I have two keys in total, after some 5 years of use it started getting stuck in the keyhole. At first i thought keyhole farigh hota ja raha hai par then i tried the other (unused) key at it went it smoothly. So i started using the second and now after 3 years, this key has also started giving problems.

    I compared the two keys and found that once the key is new, the V shape at the end is really good and sharp. But once it gets old, the V turns to more like a U and which is why the key doesn't fit properly any more.

    Is it normal for keys to get deshaped in this amount of time? or is keyhole of car making them wear much quicker then normal...

    In any case, since i don't have any more spare keys, what are my options? do i need to get a new set? does the keyhole needs to be changed as well with new keys?
    well i only got one key,i made a spare key made n using that only though ever since i got the 2 way system installed i dont need to use the key still whenever i use (using the spare one since then) it works fine though sometimes i have to move it a little back,that is take a very little portion out to lock it,your best bet is to go to a key maker n ask him,he'll tell you if there's something wrong with the lock n will fix it as well
    i think he told me that there's something wrong n he'll take 500rs to fix it,but i really didnt needed to get it fixed n i dont even remember it
    the original one when used in starting was working quite fine
    i noticed that even for the spare keys of home lock i sometime have to move it a back n it works just fine
    though nothing should happen to your keys but maybe its the wear n tear or the lock itself is the culprit,key maker can tell just by locking/unlocking using the key

  4. #243
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,201
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    well i only got one key,i made a spare key made n using that only though ever since i got the 2 way system installed i dont need to use the key still whenever i use (using the spare one since then) it works fine though sometimes i have to move it a little back,that is take a very little portion out to lock it,your best bet is to go to a key maker n ask him,he'll tell you if there's something wrong with the lock n will fix it as well
    i think he told me that there's something wrong n he'll take 500rs to fix it,but i really didnt needed to get it fixed n i dont even remember it
    the original one when used in starting was working quite fine
    i noticed that even for the spare keys of home lock i sometime have to move it a back n it works just fine
    though nothing should happen to your keys but maybe its the wear n tear or the lock itself is the culprit,key maker can tell just by locking/unlocking using the key
    Actually my keys are getting weared by ignition lock. I use original wireless remote for locking and unlocking doors. Rarely i open trunk with the key.

    Well you know these keymakers will always say there is a problem with lock and i dont want them to open and mess with genuine lock. Perhaps honda dealership can take a look but i guess they will simply replace the whole system...

    If your key is fine in all this time then i guess my keys are normal too. Something in the ignition lock is making them wear much quicker then normal

  5. #244
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Actually my keys are getting weared by ignition lock. I use original wireless remote for locking and unlocking doors. Rarely i open trunk with the key.

    Well you know these keymakers will always say there is a problem with lock and i dont want them to open and mess with genuine lock. Perhaps honda dealership can take a look but i guess they will simply replace the whole system...

    If your key is fine in all this time then i guess my keys are normal too. Something in the ignition lock is making them wear much quicker then normal
    oh so ignition is the issue n i thought its the door lock
    na,key never stucks there except when u r trying to take ur key out other than P mode
    even if u go to honda dealership they'll also try their level best to loot u as much as they can
    khair u can try n see what they say otherwise just get a spare key made n use it for next 3years

  6. #245
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    another addition to the locks
    though was gonna get chain for night time but the shop keeper said it can be cut so use the lock instead in the steering rod like in mehran
    but all of it is hidden under some board,seems gonna need some training to be able to do it since he's using same lock for his same shape civic
    My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1331585

  7. #246
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    another addition to the locks
    though was gonna get chain for night time but the shop keeper said it can be cut so use the lock instead in the steering rod like in mehran
    but all of it is hidden under some board,seems gonna need some training to be able to do it since he's using same lock for his same shape civic
    My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1331585
    Where is the space in civic to put these types of locks ?

  8. #247
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Where is the space in civic to put these types of locks ?
    i'll visit tomorrow or after that to ask them to show me as well

  9. #248
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    i'll visit tomorrow or after that to ask them to show me as well
    Remove the plastic phatta above your gas pedal to gain access, they install such a lock in the steering rod joint to render it immovable.

    Mehran mai neechay nangee hoti hai civic mai underwear pehna hoa hai
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  10. #249
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Remove the plastic phatta above your gas pedal to gain access, they install such a lock in the steering rod joint to render it immovable.

    Mehran mai neechay nangee hoti hai civic mai underwear pehna hoa hai
    hahaha
    yea i tried,but there's cover so cant access
    though i removed the cover last night n couldnt put it back since it wasnt locking back n today morning something came down from that onto the accelerator
    even the guy at workshop had to undergo few minutes to be able to put it back

  11. #250
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    hahaha
    yea i tried,but there's cover so cant access
    though i removed the cover last night n couldnt put it back since it wasnt locking back n today morning something came down from that onto the accelerator
    even the guy at workshop had to undergo few minutes to be able to put it back
    It has two lock latches, which lock in an identical way to the radiator cap. Even that takes a 180 degree turn, these latches need a 90 degree turn to lock them up in the right place.

    There are two support mounts which face the firewall and go in certain plastic clips to secure the other end of the plastic cover. Generally, it houses most of the electrical components, usually aftermarket ones.

    The thing that fell onto the accelerator pedal must be the shock sensor installed with your steelmate, or probably the steelmate unit itself

    In short, you can't get rid of the plastic covering unless you get rid of all that junk up there.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  12. #251
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    It has two lock latches, which lock in an identical way to the radiator cap. Even that takes a 180 degree turn, these latches need a 90 degree turn to lock them up in the right place.

    There are two support mounts which face the firewall and go in certain plastic clips to secure the other end of the plastic cover. Generally, it houses most of the electrical components, usually aftermarket ones.

    The thing that fell onto the accelerator pedal must be the shock sensor installed with your steelmate, or probably the steelmate unit itself

    In short, you can't get rid of the plastic covering unless you get rid of all that junk up there.
    the one i removed was right above the brake area
    the one which u r talking about was above it,n i saw that,it had two locks but i didnt tried to remove that since i was unable to lock back the previous one
    though this one was just vertical so probably alot easier to see n lock back

    the shopkeeper is using same lock in his exi,will visit him to get the training of how he locks it

  13. #252
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @RollOnBigMaMa

    so went to the person today who uses same lock in his exi
    he locked it n asked me to see for myself where he has fitted it
    i checked it,tried n it was easy to lock,but then i changed position of steering to try myself n then it got pretty hard lol
    so i changed the position back to same,n finally managed to lock it,dont need to remove any cover
    its more easier to lock it if i lie down at that area which i tried then it was halwa

    that person has such a grip that he doesnt even needs to see anything,he just locks it n adjusts steering when car is started but i fear my fingers might get caught up there

    addition of lock in working state

    thats how to lock @talhabinomar

  14. #253
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    time to shine headlights

  15. #254
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    got the headlights cleaned finally
    here are two before n rest are after pics,for more before pics,scroll of previous pages
    My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1345248My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1345249My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1345251My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1345253My new Car civic 2004 Vti Oriel Auto -1345250
    @fouadbakht
    @
    zain_khan1 @arhum1994 @huzaifaa @Skill @Sk_KingpiN

  16. #255
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Wow excellent! Post some front end pictures from a distance.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  17. #256
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How did u clean the headlights ? Products ? Procedure ? ...

    Please share all for my knowledge

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  18. #257
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    How did u clean the headlights ? Products ? Procedure ? ...

    Please share all for my knowledge

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    got them cleaned from a shop who opened them n cleaned them n later buffed on machine n finished with wax coat

  19. #258
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    awais bhai shukaaaar ha kasam sy
    2 saal sy apko bata raha tha karwa lo
    akhar kaar jogi ustaad ka jadu chal hi geya @RollOnBigMaMa usi bandy ki taraf bheja jis ny kb 30 ki lite ki thi
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  20. #259
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asim510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    time to shine headlights
    Hey I meet Aerojet today. He is a v v nice guy.
    Bough meguair from him :p




    Sent using portable handheld device.
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

  21. #260
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    awais bhai shukaaaar ha kasam sy
    2 saal sy apko bata raha tha karwa lo
    akhar kaar jogi ustaad ka jadu chal hi geya @RollOnBigMaMa usi bandy ki taraf bheja jis ny kb 30 ki lite ki thi
    Yaar ye banda kamaal hai. Corolla ki batti karwata hun isi say inshALLAH

    Btw awais bhai ki civic ab to HOT ho gai hai
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •