Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic Car Paint from Honda

Hi All,
    I need someone to share his/her experience about car repaint from Honda dealership.

I have a civic 97 model, Black color. ITs an awesome car and gives me perfect comfort and good mileage too, both on CNG and on Petrol.

Now I want to repaint the whole car from Honda authorized dealers. Can someone please help/guide me here. What would be the total cost of repaint.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda motors will charge u alot as compared to other painters/denters.. better to find a local painter in islamabad.. the painters at G8 Khadda market are quite good in their work.. rest if u insist in painting from honda dealership, i guess they might charge above 50k as they were charging me 5k for just front bumper while local painter did the job in just 1200 rupees and the paint work was quite good
    Waiting for the Dawn......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @theone326

My actual reason for repainting from HONDA was because a normal painter/denter(I dont know exact spelling of denter ) puts some thing, known as poteen and then repaint.

I thought, if some one can clean the car completely of what it has on it(car is still shining black but repainted here and there) and then repaint, as if was painted new and original.

I ask this as one of my friend told me that her brother did the same for 22 thousand only, 2000 city, from some HONDA dealers, in lahore. I didn't believe that, hence PakWheels

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please post some pictures in existing condition so we may give an estimate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sidra View Post
    Thanks @theone326

My actual reason for repainting from HONDA was because a normal painter/denter(I dont know exact spelling of denter ) puts some thing, known as poteen and then repaint.

I thought, if some one can clean the car completely of what it has on it(car is still shining black but repainted here and there) and then repaint, as if was painted new and original.

I ask this as one of my friend told me that her brother did the same for 22 thousand only, 2000 city, from some HONDA dealers, in lahore. I didn't believe that, hence PakWheels
    If its a good painter he will quote you 35 k max including the denting and will take you car for atleast one month!

ask your denter to apply sheets rather then polygate
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It depends upon the nature of dents and on the skills of the denter too. A good denter can charge you for 5k even for a minor dent and they claim it no will ever spot it.
    But according to your original post you seem to be interested in total fresh paint in which whole of the old paint is removed along with the dents and the car is freshly painted.
    I am myself about to repaint my car in near future and I have same observations like you and for this I have made a little survey. A good quality paint that is done in a control enviroment i.e, oven can cost you around 50k for 2K(twin pack) paint you can apply extra coats of metal dust to give it metallic finish or even pearl. Expenditure on dents removal should not be inculed in it. Once the old paint is removed which is done with a help of paint remover (some chemical) you will then come to know about the exact situation that how much dents are present there, which were covered by the layer of putty before.

Regards

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List