Good Answers

Default Civic 2005 VTI Pros Mileage and Braking Issue

Hello Everyone!!

I am facing some issues with my car:
    Honda Civic vti oriel prosmatic 2005
    Petrol 68k totally stock.
    Car is driven with very light foot.
    A/C is not being used till nw.

Firstly,its giving max 280-300km in full tank petrol(also tried mixing hi octane). I got it tuned... plugs were cleaned and installed,new air filter,oil change,throttle body opened and cleaned...but still no effect on consumption. After getting throttle body cleaned RPM started bouncing between 1k-2k rpm while driving, again went to mechanic and got it fixed but now rpm comes down to 0.8 idle rpm and then bounce back to 1.5k and now what mechanic said is that drive it for 2-3 days it gona get fixed automatically as its happen sometimes after cleaning throttle body and mileage is still the same.

Secondly i got all four discs tooled as they were producing lil vibration while braking(But breaking was awesome).Now there is no vibration but ABS get engaged even in slow speed and car doesnt even stop. Got it checked 2 times, brake pads are new, got them cleaned 2 times but still same issue.Tires are in good condition.

So guys need help in improving mileage (atleast it should give 9-10km/litre,correct me if i am wrong) including the RPM problem. Secondly where to get the brakes fixed? Any good reliable mechanic in isb/rwp to fix these issues. Thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of u should not trust these roadby mechanics as they ruien the car very well.Get ur car checked from Honda 3S dealership or atleast equipped modernworkshop who atleasy have EGA,Obd scanning systems etc..
    there is no need to get Brake rotors tooled at such low mileage.Yea if u have used low quality brakepads thts another thing.Go for brand new plugs wont cost u more then Rs:1000 but should be Genuine and OE recomended
    for d16w9 bkr5e and bkr6e both are oe recomended for ur car n honda ppl will use the same.
    if the mechanic has sprayed sumthihg in ISCV when cleaning throtlle the RPM will shurely dance for sometime but not this much high 1100 1200rpm after bouncing to normal once.
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for replying bro..i got the car checked by a mechanic in g-8 recommended by a friend and i think i have to go to Honda 3s dealership. I hope they will solve the issue. After spraying in ISCV does the rpm stays bouncing to 1.1k-1.2k or it comes to normal after sometime?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check with Qamar Sultan an old employee of Honda struggling to build his own workshop at RWP. He will fix the problem (80% chances) or discuss the issue before visiting him. His cell number is 0301 5739698. He is also cost effective by using 2nd hand Kabli parts where required. Give him my refrence.

Sarshar Ahmed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Travelled through H-Civic EXi manual 2005 from LHR to IBD on motorway tank filled at Lahore and refilled at IBD after 386 Km the qty was 36 ltrs. In my opinion it was excess by 6 liters (should be 30 ltrs). Have a plan to do self tunning for next trip.
    BR. Sarshar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get ur car tuned from nazir autos in G8
    n tell them the issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohzsin View Post
    Hello Everyone!!

I am facing some issues with my car:
    Honda Civic vti oriel prosmatic 2005
    Petrol 68k totally stock.
    Car is driven with very light foot.
    A/C is not being used till nw.

Firstly,its giving max 280-300km in full tank petrol(also tried mixing hi octane). I got it tuned... plugs were cleaned and installed,new air filter,oil change,throttle body opened and cleaned...but still no effect on consumption. After getting throttle body cleaned RPM started bouncing between 1k-2k rpm while driving, again went to mechanic and got it fixed but now rpm comes down to 0.8 idle rpm and then bounce back to 1.5k and now what mechanic said is that drive it for 2-3 days it gona get fixed automatically as its happen sometimes after cleaning throttle body and mileage is still the same.

Secondly i got all four discs tooled as they were producing lil vibration while braking(But breaking was awesome).Now there is no vibration but ABS get engaged even in slow speed and car doesnt even stop. Got it checked 2 times, brake pads are new, got them cleaned 2 times but still same issue.Tires are in good condition.

So guys need help in improving mileage (atleast it should give 9-10km/litre,correct me if i am wrong) including the RPM problem. Secondly where to get the brakes fixed? Any good reliable mechanic in isb/rwp to fix these issues. Thanks in advance.
    Once i had the same issue of low mileage for my oriel 04 , Mine issue was diagnosed as Fuel filter . ... Chk the fuel pressure , if not in specs , change the fuel filter etc.. This is caused as ECU detects low pressure and increase the injection width ,
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List