Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue

    its civic 04 auto
    the brake is working fine normally
    there is a slope outside the gate so when i am reversing it n when it reaches the slope,even if i apply the brake it stops when it reaches down,there's a double road n a footpath n people cross without even looking if some1's reversing
    anyways once i tried the brake in neutral n it worked fine but reverse cam wont work that way,n there's a road behind n pedestrians crossing

    even if i bring the car up in Drive mode n brake,it works fine but is giving the issue on reverse only
    i checked the brake oil which was below the low line but i filled it up n still the same issue,this issue started from 1-2 weeks,once a stupid pedestrian was crossing while i was reversing,i reached slope n he stood right behind the car,what a mor*n,i applied hard brake n some how it stopped right b4 him

    also today while i was reversing,the car got off n again the brake didnt worked at all,so i just turned it quickly as soon it reached down to stop it,thanks to ALLAH no one was crossing from there,doesnt the brake work at all on slope if cars switches off by chance?

    also there's another issue,even when i am not wearing seat belt it isnt showing the seat belt light n seat belt doesnt comes out so smooth as it used to,n i have to pull it out hard by force,maybe i'll have to visit mechanic for this issue?

    help me out,Thanks.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    islamabadboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    For the seat belt warning light.. your car's previous owner probably disconnects (or direct) the wire coming out from you your seat belt lock. as seat belt indication is annoying if you didn't use seat belt or if you didn't drive in Islamabad :p
    and maybe your previous owner rarely use seat belt that's why your seat belt is hard to get out, just put some oil or grease in seat belt spring, then it becomes smooth...
    and for the Brake issue it really strange, but as i have no experience of AUTO transmission car that's why i have no comments about it...

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ussi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i once heard that in reverse mode the brakes are less effective as compared to forward mode,

    let the experts clarify as i myself am a NOOB
    Ministry of MAFIA!

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    nomi01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what appears is that ur car wheels skid/slip on the slope while u have pressed brake...(reason not enough friction/traction between wheels nd slope)

    to confirm it, have a person observe ur car while u reverse it slowly in reverse gear....ask him to observe both front nd rear wheels nd note if they slip while on the slope..

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islamabadboys View Post
    For the seat belt warning light.. your car's previous owner probably disconnects (or direct) the wire coming out from you your seat belt lock. as seat belt indication is annoying if you didn't use seat belt or if you didn't drive in Islamabad :p
    and maybe your previous owner rarely use seat belt that's why your seat belt is hard to get out, just put some oil or grease in seat belt spring, then it becomes smooth...
    and for the Brake issue it really strange, but as i have no experience of AUTO transmission car that's why i have no comments about it...
    actually the seatbelt light was working when i got the car,but the light stopped working since this seatbelt issue started or atleast i noticed it few days back that it isnt working where as before it was working fine

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomi01 View Post
    what appears is that ur car wheels skid/slip on the slope while u have pressed brake...(reason not enough friction/traction between wheels nd slope)

    to confirm it, have a person observe ur car while u reverse it slowly in reverse gear....ask him to observe both front nd rear wheels nd note if they slip while on the slope..
    that may or may not be the reason as brake work fine on slop in Drive mode (forward)
    n even in neutral while car is coming down (backward)
    seems like brake doesnt works on slope in reverse

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    JuGnO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,722
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    neither the brakes nor the steering will work as normal when the car is SHUT off, as both systems have assistance technologies that rely on engine running.
    make sure your car is running when you are backing up
    Also you should not be accelerating while applying the brakes. sometimes one tends to accelerate with right foot and brake with left one in an auto tranny car, don't do that, accept for when you have to climb from stand still.
    also go to the mechanics and get your brakes serviced.
    The JuGnO of Isb -- a ToucH of ElegancE and ExcellencE
    Nikon D7000, Nexus 4 (rooted, Paranoid), Honda City 2010 Pearl Black

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,380
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    i think what happens is your iddle RPM is really low when you reverse backwards with brakes in R
    which causes the brakes to be in effective

    check the RPM while reversing and let us know
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,380
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    RPM drops
    not enough vacuum for brakes to function

    common sense
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    i think what happens is your iddle RPM is really low when you reverse backwards with brakes in R
    which causes the brakes to be in effective

    check the RPM while reversing and let us know
    i have to see in reverse cam that no passer by is going to get hit when brakes fail thats why never had a look,will try having a look at it

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    RPM drops
    not enough vacuum for brakes to function

    common sense
    what should be the solution to this?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,380
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    car idling should not drop below a certain point if in D or R
    else your AC and Brakes wont work

    not sure if your car is on petrol or cng. you have to get the iddling set with D engaged and brakes pressed
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    car idling should not drop below a certain point if in D or R
    else your AC and Brakes wont work

    not sure if your car is on petrol or cng. you have to get the iddling set with D engaged and brakes pressed
    what to tell the mechanic to do to fix it,since i myself dont know much about idling thing
    its on cng btw

    i dont have much idea about idling so googled it n what i understand is that it means when ur car is start but not moving like on a signal but still i couldnt understand this point,as n what it means
    car idling should not drop below a certain point if in D or R

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,380
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    just go to any mechanic and say

    "bawa jee gadi dee race wadhaoo"
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    just go to any mechanic and say

    "bawa jee gadi dee race wadhaoo"
    you mean tune it for better pick?
    btw today i tried looking at cluster while reversing,both needles of speedometer n of rpm were at 0 n brake was as usual,car stopped when it reached down

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    islamabadboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    you mean tune it for better pick?
    btw today i tried looking at cluster while reversing,both needles of speedometer n of rpm were at 0 n brake was as usual,car stopped when it reached down
    so thats the problem if your RPM is near to ZERO thats means your car's IDLE speed is very low.. and brake will not works god if your engine is off... or your RPM is on almost zero.. I agreed with "hash4u" just go to any CNG wala or mechanic.. n SAY "bhai is ki race barha do" ..
    and also tell me whats your RPM when your car is on N.??

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    islamabadboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    * good

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islamabadboys View Post
    so thats the problem if your RPM is near to ZERO thats means your car's IDLE speed is very low.. and brake will not works god if your engine is off... or your RPM is on almost zero.. I agreed with "hash4u" just go to any CNG wala or mechanic.. n SAY "bhai is ki race barha do" ..
    and also tell me whats your RPM when your car is on N.??
    i guess without pressing accelerator the rpm is always at zero,no?

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    farjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    343
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sir do u have ABS??? if yes then check ur tires. they might be worn out.
    if no then check idle speed in R. it should be above 800rpm for brakes to work properly. (as explained by hash4u)
    every day i wake up and die a little.

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farjam View Post
    sir do u have ABS??? if yes then check ur tires. they might be worn out.
    if no then check idle speed in R. it should be above 800rpm for brakes to work properly. (as explained by hash4u)
    i have no idea about this idle conversation
    but how to check idle speed in R,n esp it to be above 800rpm
    as for tires
    yes, got ABS
    i went for alignment n the shop guy said they are worn out
    though normal braking is perfectly fine,even when i brake at 80,it slows down pretty quickly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •