15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue

its civic 04 auto
    the brake is working fine normally
    there is a slope outside the gate so when i am reversing it n when it reaches the slope,even if i apply the brake it stops when it reaches down,there's a double road n a footpath n people cross without even looking if some1's reversing
    anyways once i tried the brake in neutral n it worked fine but reverse cam wont work that way,n there's a road behind n pedestrians crossing

even if i bring the car up in Drive mode n brake,it works fine but is giving the issue on reverse only
    i checked the brake oil which was below the low line but i filled it up n still the same issue,this issue started from 1-2 weeks,once a stupid pedestrian was crossing while i was reversing,i reached slope n he stood right behind the car,what a mor*n,i applied hard brake n some how it stopped right b4 him

also today while i was reversing,the car got off n again the brake didnt worked at all,so i just turned it quickly as soon it reached down to stop it,thanks to ALLAH no one was crossing from there,doesnt the brake work at all on slope if cars switches off by chance?

also there's another issue,even when i am not wearing seat belt it isnt showing the seat belt light n seat belt doesnt comes out so smooth as it used to,n i have to pull it out hard by force,maybe i'll have to visit mechanic for this issue?

help me out,Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

O bhaio!! Have some sense!

When an auto is put in D or R, it keeps trying to move the car in that direction. So while backing down a slope in reverse, the engine is ACTUALLY TRYING to reverse - naturally the brakes will be less effective because they'll have to work against a reverse slope as well as the engine trying to reverse the car back down that slope.

When on the same slope, and in D (forward), the slope tries to push the car down but here the brakes get some help as the engine tries to keep the car going forwards.

So...its simple stuff. Its normal for an auto.

Rest, just keep your engine perfectly tuned up. Idle rpm means the engine speed while engine is started but you're not pushing on the accelerator. In neutral it should be around 750rpm, when you put car in D or R then it should rise slightly to 900rpm. Since these values are not written on the meter, you will have to judge by the position of the needle - how far it is between the 1 and 0 value.

Understood?
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    O bhaio!! Have some sense!

When an auto is put in D or R, it keeps trying to move the car in that direction. So while backing down a slope in reverse, the engine is ACTUALLY TRYING to reverse - naturally the brakes will be less effective because they'll have to work against a reverse slope as well as the engine trying to reverse the car back down that slope.

When on the same slope, and in D (forward), the slope tries to push the car down but here the brakes get some help as the engine tries to keep the car going forwards.

So...its simple stuff. Its normal for an auto.

Rest, just keep your engine perfectly tuned up. Idle rpm means the engine speed while engine is started but you're not pushing on the accelerator. In neutral it should be around 750rpm, when you put car in D or R then it should rise slightly to 900rpm. Since these values are not written on the meter, you will have to judge by the position of the needle - how far it is between the 1 and 0 value.

Understood?
    actually you might be right but this issue started from 2weeks,before it wasnt like this,any1 else having auto can clarify this.
    rest i have seen the rpm needle above 0 in D mode when its in D n i used to think there's something wrong with needle lol
    n yes i got it now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You might want to take a picture of the rpm meter when car is in D but stationary with full brakes applied, and upload it here so we can actually see if its okay or not.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its because of ur 100% tints
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no dear RPM is not always on ZERO ... its on ZERO when engine is not start.. your RPM should be near to 1..
    and its not the issue of TYRES..
    would you fell that while reversing, your brake pedal becomes little hard...??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or make some time and come to my place I will explain you about this IDLE speed..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You might want to take a picture of the rpm meter when car is in D but stationary with full brakes applied, and upload it here so we can actually see if its okay or not.
    will take a pic n upload soon

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    its because of ur 100% tints
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by islamabadboys View Post
    no dear RPM is not always on ZERO ... its on ZERO when engine is not start.. your RPM should be near to 1..
    and its not the issue of TYRES..
    would you fell that while reversing, your brake pedal becomes little hard...??
    Quote Originally Posted by islamabadboys View Post
    or make some time and come to my place I will explain you about this IDLE speed..
    sure
    never noticed if its hard,will check next time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

car wasnt started today until now when i took the pics,n still i didnt warmed it up,i just started n took the pics while it was shaky,accelerator was not pressed,only brake was pressed while taking the pics
    click on the thumbs for larger view

strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue - th 722042720 IMG 20120429 231155 122 97lo strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue - th 722051283 IMG 20120429 231210 122 247lo strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue - th 722061543 IMG 20120429 231249 122 144lo
    strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue - th 572207391 IMG 20120429 231308 122 895lo strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue - th 722084770 IMG 20120429 231319 122 87lo strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue - th 722094784 IMG 20120429 231327 122 23lo
    strange brake issue of civic + seat belt issue - th 722104711 IMG 20120429 231345 122 211lo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Theres your problem. Rpm falls too low. I bet it doesnt happen like that on petrol, correct?

Need to re-tune cng..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If the car is not warmed up the RPM should start somewhere around 1300 and then gradually come down to settle around 800 - 760 mark. Your engine is hardly spinning, get its idling fixed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Theres your problem. Rpm falls too low. I bet it doesnt happen like that on petrol, correct?

Need to re-tune cng..
    Quote Originally Posted by imtiz_ahmed View Post
    If the car is not warmed up the RPM should start somewhere around 1300 and then gradually come down to settle around 800 - 760 mark. Your engine is hardly spinning, get its idling fixed.
    havent tried it on petrol yet

will ask mechanic to increase its race,lets see if that fixes it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

efi cars such as yours dont have 'race' adjustment. you can tuneup the cng aspect but messing around with throttle body etc will screw things up. so be careful.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i got its cng tuned and throttle body service (carburetor cleaned) less than a month ago
    tappets were not adjusted.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic 2004 has no carburetor.

get new factory spec spark plugs if you havent already. and get the cng tuned up proper.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well the mechanic said he will open its butterfly n later he said he has done throttle body service,if it has no carburetor then what did he opened n cleaned infront of me

havent changed spark plugs,as for cng tunning it seems to have effect mileage which is better now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    well the mechanic said he will open its butterfly n later he said he has done throttle body service,if it has no carburetor then what did he opened n cleaned infront of me

havent changed spark plugs,as for cng tunning it seems to have effect mileage which is better now

efi cars dont have carb. instead they have throttle body which is exactly beneath the air filter box in 2004 civics..so i think ur mechanic had cleaned the throttle body in front of u....now as fellows have mentioned before the prob. is with ur idle rpm...its too low....dont tune up ur car again if its not giving u problem in running...just go to the mechanic and ask him to increase the idle rpm up to 900 (needle just below 1 on tachometer)...he will adjust it by himself...also try and check this brake issue on petrol..dont forget to check the idle rpm again on petrol mode...i am sure it wont give u this prob on petrol if its idle rpm is correct on petrol

now tip from my side...always park the car in ur garage in reverse position..so that when u r going out from the gate u would face the road..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

went to mechanic n told him that this needle should be near to 1,he asked to check on petrol n it was fine on petrol so he said get it tuned (got tuning from some1 else not from this mechanic b4)

its fine on running though,so should i go for re tuning or leave it as it is

n btw when i put in D or R mode the car starts vibrating when brake is pressed where as in parking mode,its fine no vibration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The vibration is again due to low RPM. Never increase ur RPM by adjusting the accleraotr screw. If it is fine on petrol then adjust ur CNG settings.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess i'll take it to the same mechanic who tuned it n tell him to fix the issue

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omkhan View Post
    The vibration is again due to low RPM. Never increase ur RPM by adjusting the accleraotr screw. If it is fine on petrol then adjust ur CNG settings.
    exactly. dont mess with anything other than settings on cng kit / bolt in cng pipe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List