Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How to Improve Civic Reborn's fuel consumption?

  1. #1
    Site Banned Follow
    ay7791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default How to Improve Civic Reborn's fuel consumption?

    My Civic Reborn 07 manual is giving me 8.5 kms/litre in city with AC. How it's efficiency could be improved?

    Similar Threads:

    • #21
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      IsbCap's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Islamabad
      Posts
      1,865
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      159 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      8.5-9 in city with AC is fine enough. Trying to tune it will result in lot of time and money wasted, and avg. may still remain almost the same.

    • #22
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Spano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Islamabad
      Age
      34
      Posts
      6,891
      Follows
      20
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      321 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      1

      Default

      it has to give you at least 10+ in local and may be around 12 with lighter foot.


      Check list

      Air Filter clean/Replace
      Plugs Clean/Replace
      Tappet adjustment (fron Honda 3S)
      Throttle body cleaning (from Honda 3S)
      Check the Fuel Filter (If your car has ODO reading above 80,000 Kms)
      Check Catalytic Converter (Clean fron Honda 3S) If your car has ODO reading above 80,000 Kms

      I can assure you, by doing all these things it will give you a better millage


      I am getting around 10+ on my Prosmatic
      I used to get 11+ on my manual
      Ehtesham Bokhari
      https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

    • #23
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      usman_arooq2's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Sialkot
      Posts
      1,437
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      2
      Good Answers
      1

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by lazers View Post
      Well, I previously owned city 2007 and also have driven 2005 civic (not owned). What is the mileage on odometer if yr car ? I don't think that the drive is harsh, also in comparison to the my old city, this is much better. I have Yokohama DB tires (profile 205) with alloy rims and ride is fine. I will again drive the civic 2005 and compare it with my car when i get a chance.

      :O idsi was the softest suspension(and rubbish handling) ride honda atlas ever brought to Pakistan after 2012 civic.
      Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

    • #24
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      ashbal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      22
      Posts
      2,056
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      1

      Default

      my 2009 reborn is giving me 10 +- with ac on or off its almost the same and on normal foot not totally light foot....on long route it does miracles...if driven on even 150 it gives arnd 14 with ac and if on 80 or 100 it goes to arnd 17
      M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

    • #25
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      ashbal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      22
      Posts
      2,056
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      1

      Default

      btw use four tip plugs...and synthetic oil...orignal honda air filter and get the tappets adjusted from honda it will work normally....do check the condition of fuel filter....one more issue which arises in the car is the cat convertor do get that checked aswell
      M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

    • #26
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Spano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Islamabad
      Age
      34
      Posts
      6,891
      Follows
      20
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      321 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      1

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by malikahmadjunaid View Post
      Hahhaha bhai maintaining reborne as asking abput fuel economy??? Y this kolaveri d??
      If fuel eco is the point of concern for for honda city which is designed for this.......
      sound like you are bachelor
      Ehtesham Bokhari
      https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

    • #27
      PakWheeler Follow
      gferoz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      96
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default how will original honda air filter really improve fuel economy ?

      Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
      btw use four tip plugs...and synthetic oil...orignal honda air filter and get the tappets adjusted from honda it will work normally....do check the condition of fuel filter....one more issue which arises in the car is the cat convertor do get that checked aswell
      bro, how will original honda air filter really improve fuel economy ?

      and is tappets adjustment recommended after just 60k kms driving mileage ?

      pls explain, thanks!

    • #28
      PakWheeler Follow
      ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      28
      Posts
      653
      Follows
      2
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
      it has to give you at least 10+ in local and may be around 12 with lighter foot.


      Check list

      Air Filter clean/Replace
      Plugs Clean/Replace
      Tappet adjustment (fron Honda 3S)
      Throttle body cleaning (from Honda 3S)
      Check the Fuel Filter (If your car has ODO reading above 80,000 Kms)
      Check Catalytic Converter (Clean fron Honda 3S) If your car has ODO reading above 80,000 Kms

      I can assure you, by doing all these things it will give you a better millage


      I am getting around 10+ on my Prosmatic
      I used to get 11+ on my manual
      Honda 3s ppl say u dont need to clean the iridium plugs? Is that true or just fake made up story? And about cat con cleaning..ppl at honda city sales lahore said we dont clean it we break it..and there is no use cleaning it its all fake. @Spano can u please shed some light on this based on ur experiences?
      Powered by Honda R18

    • #29
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,399
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3987 Post(s)
      Tagged
      93 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
      Honda 3s ppl say u dont need to clean the iridium plugs? Is that true or just fake made up story? And about cat con cleaning..ppl at honda city sales lahore said we dont clean it we break it..and there is no use cleaning it its all fake. @Spano can u please shed some light on this based on ur experiences?

      iridium tipped fine wire plugs have a service life of atleast 180,000 kms - leave them alone, Please confirm the part about them breaking the cat converter - I doubt it because Honda will be in a mountain of trouble if their dealerships were doing this act.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #30
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      saboor73's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      10,544
      Follows
      25
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      349 Post(s)
      Tagged
      14 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      6
      Best Answers
      2
      Good Answers
      25

      Default

      simple ans drive with eco mode one

    • #31
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      saboor73's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      10,544
      Follows
      25
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      349 Post(s)
      Tagged
      14 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      6
      Best Answers
      2
      Good Answers
      25

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      iridium tipped fine wire plugs have a service life of atleast 180,000 kms - leave them alone, Please confirm the part about them breaking the cat converter - I doubt it because Honda will be in a mountain of trouble if their dealerships were doing this act.
      let it be Indus,altas,ps all of their 3s recommend to break cat instead of cleaning it

    • #32
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,399
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3987 Post(s)
      Tagged
      93 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
      let it be Indus,altas,ps all of their 3s recommend to break cat instead of cleaning it

      get this service advice written on paper and stamped by them along with the signature of the service manager..
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #33
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      saboor73's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      10,544
      Follows
      25
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      349 Post(s)
      Tagged
      14 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      6
      Best Answers
      2
      Good Answers
      25

      Default

      editted

    • #34
      PakWheeler Follow
      ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      28
      Posts
      653
      Follows
      2
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      iridium tipped fine wire plugs have a service life of atleast 180,000 kms - leave them alone, Please confirm the part about them breaking the cat converter - I doubt it because Honda will be in a mountain of trouble if their dealerships were doing this act.
      I wuld leave them alone so does the dealership say the same but the plugs luk dirty and i see a marked diffrnce when i got the new iridium plugs and how the car behaves now..apart from that im having -15 plus short term fuel trims..meaning the car is otherwise running rich..when i clean the air filter this value comes to -10..wht do u suggest culd be the cause of such negative fuel trims im seeing..car is a civic 8th gen r18...
      Powered by Honda R18

    • #35
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,399
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3987 Post(s)
      Tagged
      93 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
      I wuld leave them alone so does the dealership say the same but the plugs luk dirty and i see a marked diffrnce when i got the new iridium plugs and how the car behaves now..apart from that im having -15 plus short term fuel trims..meaning the car is otherwise running rich..when i clean the air filter this value comes to -10..wht do u suggest culd be the cause of such negative fuel trims im seeing..car is a civic 8th gen r18...

      test the air mass sensor and also test the AFR, poor performing AMS can cause the trims to go loopy - Do not buy used part for replacement, it will be same as your old part.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #36
      PakWheeler Follow
      ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      28
      Posts
      653
      Follows
      2
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      test the air mass sensor and also test the AFR, poor performing AMS can cause the trims to go loopy - Do not buy used part for replacement, it will be same as your old part.
      The AFR is at 1.0 meaning its okay i guess..and the negative fuel trims are in -15 range only at idle..when i press the accelerator it changes to -5 meaning towards normal..in pakistan we dont hve the crc mass airflow sensor cleaner any idea with what i can clean the maf with at home like a diy procedure?
      Powered by Honda R18

    • #37
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,399
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3987 Post(s)
      Tagged
      93 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
      The AFR is at 1.0 meaning its okay i guess..and the negative fuel trims are in -15 range only at idle..when i press the accelerator it changes to -5 meaning towards normal..in pakistan we dont hve the crc mass airflow sensor cleaner any idea with what i can clean the maf with at home like a diy procedure?

      cleaning can only make a good working MAF work again, if your MAF is bad you will need to replace it.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #38
      PakWheeler Follow
      ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      28
      Posts
      653
      Follows
      2
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      cleaning can only make a good working MAF work again, if your MAF is bad you will need to replace it.
      Can i safely clean it with petrol?
      Powered by Honda R18

    • #39
      jz
      jz is offline
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      jz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      2
      Posts
      26,106
      Follows
      5
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      185 Post(s)
      Tagged
      12 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      8th gen civic r18 dsnt do any better than that,no matter how nicely tuned n maintained the engine is,ive taken out 11.6 at max with hypermiling n in normal routine same fuel mileage as urs.
      ps why worry about fuel consumption now as the fuel is cheaper and u can fill ur tank is 2700rs only
      www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

    • #40
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      MrUnknown's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Islamabad
      Posts
      1,389
      Follows
      2
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Reborn's are gas guzzler ...ur already getting exceptional avg d if u want more then trade it with city idsi ...it would almost double ur avg


      Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
      What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

    + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

    User Tag List

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •