1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 2013: Pakistan launch

Good news for all Honda Civic fans in Pakistan that Honda has now confirmed its availability of the New Civic between October and November this Year (2012). The production of current model has been stopped ( CONFIRMED NEWS ). Honda Atlas is now in the process of clearing stock.There is no exact word on its price, but it is estimated that it will fall between 21 lac and 23 lac depending on the model.

INSHALLAH CIVIC IS ABOUT TO BE LAUNCHED IN MOST LIKELY SEPTEMBER....maybe its booking starts prior to the official launch but thts unconfirmed....

buckle up every1 the wait is almost over inshALLAH.....

Attached Images Attached Images    

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Mohtaram Umair Sahib,
    I've a 1985 Suzuki FX 800cc which has done 300,000+ km and still going strong because it is a well engineered car. I don't have any CNG installed and you bet Umair Sahib, it is still better than a zero mile Mehran of today. One has to compare cars with the same price tag. The C180 I'm talking about is with the price-tag of 3 million and if I do some bargaining, I'll be able to grab it for around 2.5 million. It is a 2006 C180 Kompressor and has done 40,000 miles. If you check it, you can gather if it is a well-maintained car or not. I've not seen it but the guy who is talking about it says that it is a fabulous car. Agreed that it is expensive to maintain but just look what you are paying for. A Mercedes with all the quality which comes with it. A car is not judged by how many miles it has done but the way it has been looked after by its owner. My car (Suzuki FX 1985) is 28 years old and if she asks Rs. 1000 from me, I give her Rs. 2000 out of my love and care I have for her. People are after me to sell it to them and I ask Rs. 50 million for her just to fend them off. You just can't sit in front of her AC for 15 minutes, for it throws such cold air. People ask me to turn off its AC because they feel so cold. This is the build-quality of Japanese cars, not the trash which is being thrown at us by today's Toyota Indus, Atlas Honda or the poorest of all, Pak-Suzuki.

My point is that the quality of PKDM cars is so poor that no words can take it. We are just not getting what we are paying for. Just look at the trashy quality and handling of today's zero-mile Suzuki Mehran. You bet Umair Sahib! My 28 year old Suzuki FX can beat the hell out of it on a road test despite having done 300,000+ km. I've driven both to a nearby city several times on the motorway and I can say that while driving a Mehran it seemed to me that she (Mehran) would come apart before the journey was over, part by part. On the other hand my FX was like enjoying a driving beauty, nicely glued to the tarmac at 140km/hr. Now we are comparing a 28 year old car worth Rs. 150,000 (Suzuki FX) with a zero-mile car with a price-tag of close to a million (Suzuki Mehran).

We have to see what our money can buy. With 2.5 million the buyer has lots of options especially when today it is a buyer's market, thanks to the illegitimate so called 'Amnesty Scheme' of stolen and smuggled cars. 52500 buyers who have bought such vehicles have been stolen from the local manufacturers and importers by this scheme and guess what, they are now stuck with the cars with nowhere to go after the order passed by the honourable Islamabad High Court which has declared the scheme unlawful.

You can also get a well-kept Dewan imported 2007 BMW 320i for Rs. 2.5 million. Have you checked such cars for yourself? People are asking 3 million for such cars but I think you can get hold of one for 2.5. Such cars are hard to find but with some effort and homework you can grab one.

Regards and take care.
    Sir I did a lot of research before buying my civic and believe me, the Mercedes although similarly priced is a pain to maintain later. Yes, you can take it to the local ustaad and get it tuned and all but people like me who love their cars will always take it to shahnawaz and get ripped off in the process.
    I'm sure it's better to drive, is more powerful and comfortable but u have to consider this aspect. I know a lot of Mercedes owners who bought these for the very reason you're stating but now they are regretting it.
    I'm sure your point would be valid if Mercedes Pakistan would be a bit more reasonable. But for now, civic seems to be the best option.
    And we all know the problems with imported cars, and there's no point going into that . I own a 660cc JDM and am very happy with it but I wouldn't want to take a risk with my dads hard earned money when it comes to this price range
    Here's a thread to show what I mean:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...0-model-2007-a
    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Sir I did a lot of research before buying my civic and believe me, the Mercedes although similarly priced is a pain to maintain later. Yes, you can take it to the local ustaad and get it tuned and all but people like me who love their cars will always take it to shahnawaz and get ripped off in the process.
    I'm sure it's better to drive, is more powerful and comfortable but u have to consider this aspect. I know a lot of Mercedes owners who bought these for the very reason you're stating but now they are regretting it.
    I'm sure your point would be valid if Mercedes Pakistan would be a bit more reasonable. But for now, civic seems to be the best option.
    And we all know the problems with imported cars, and there's no point going into that . I own a 660cc JDM and am very happy with it but I wouldn't want to take a risk with my dads hard earned money when it comes to this price range
    Here's a thread to show what I mean:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...0-model-2007-a
    @omar_575

Dear Mr. Omar,
    Thanks for your input. You have a valid point because you have done your research and analysed the situation of various users of Mercedes. Those imported by Shahnawaz, having a history with them must be good but the ones imported from UK having no history with Shahnawaz are with doubts. What happened to them in the UK? No one knows. If you want to have a look into them then you can always go to Shahnawaz and get the car analysed whether it was tempered with or not.

You have another option. A Dewan imported BMW. They will have a full history with them as will have Shahnawaz when it comes to a car imported by them (a Shahnawaz imported Mercedes). I have a long association with Shahnawaz as my dad imported a Mercedes back in 1960. As a guy in Dewan has told me that a Dewan imported BMW has a price-tag 10 to 15% higher than that of a UK imported (BMW) because of the proper history maintained with them. Same goes for a Shahnawaz imported Mercedes as compared to a UK imported one. Someone has told me that lots of British-Pakistanis are involved in the import of UK based vehicles into Pakistan. I know a guy who has told me that he drives 4X4s from the UK to Quetta and what happens next? We don't have to guess, all are smuggled vehicles waiting for a niche in the amnesty scheme for they are all NCP (non custom paid) vehicles. Such is the level of deceit our 'desis' are involved in the UK. Would you trust such dealers? Absolutely not. That is the danger of an imported car without a history.

I remember BBC reporting in the 1990s about an incident when a Mitsubishi Shogun was stolen in the UK and was able to get out of the country under the nose of UK customs all the way to Pakistan. Later British police traced it in Pakistan and Pakistan Customs were reluctant to return it the UK because they had bagged the custom duty. I don't know what happened next. Pakistan made its case that it was called a legit import by Pakistan Customs after it was cleared for export by UK Customs. Pakistan had a point there.

Mr. Omar! Do you know of any such incident with a Dewan car like the one you referred to in your post, the 2007 C200?

I too have to buy a new car for my family. I'll either go for a Toyota Corolla or a C180 or a BMW 3series. After going through your post I'll give a second thought to going after a local car although I see them below international standard, I call them 'trash'. Please forgive for that if you feel offended.

Please do tell me how many of you know who have gone for a C180 and regretted it. Thanks and regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Dear Mr. Omar,
    Thanks for your input. You have a valid point because you have done your research and analysed the situation of various users of Mercedes. Those imported by Shahnawaz, having a history with them must be good but the ones imported from UK having no history with Shahnawaz are with doubts. What happened to them in the UK? No one knows. If you want to have a look into them then you can always go to Shahnawaz and get the car analysed whether it was tempered with or not.

You have another option. A Dewan imported BMW. They will have a full history with them as will have Shahnawaz when it comes to a car imported by them (a Shahnawaz imported Mercedes). I have a long association with Shahnawaz as my dad imported a Mercedes back in 1960. As a guy in Dewan has told me that a Dewan imported BMW has a price-tag 10 to 15% higher than that of a UK imported (BMW) because of the proper history maintained with them. Same goes for a Shahnawaz imported Mercedes as compared to a UK imported one. Someone has told me that lots of British-Pakistanis are involved in the import of UK based vehicles into Pakistan. I know a guy who has told me that he drives 4X4s from the UK to Quetta and what happens next? We don't have to guess, all are smuggled vehicles waiting for a niche in the amnesty scheme for they are all NCP (non custom paid) vehicles. Such is the level of deceit our 'desis' are involved in the UK. Would you trust such dealers? Absolutely not. That is the danger of an imported car without a history.

I remember BBC reporting in the 1990s about an incident when a Mitsubishi Shogun was stolen in the UK and was able to get out of the country under the nose of UK customs all the way to Pakistan. Later British police traced it in Pakistan and Pakistan Customs were reluctant to return it the UK because they had bagged the custom duty. I don't know what happened next. Pakistan made its case that it was called a legit import by Pakistan Customs after it was cleared for export by UK Customs. Pakistan had a point there.

Mr. Omar! Do you know of any such incident with a Dewan car like the one you referred to in your post, the 2007 C200?

I too have to buy a new car for my family. I'll either go for a Toyota Corolla or a C180 or a BMW 3series. After going through your post I'll give a second thought to going after a local car although I see them below international standard, I call them 'trash'. Please forgive for that if you feel offended.

Please do tell me how many of you know who have gone for a C180 and regretted it. Thanks and regards.
    The cars imported by shahnawaz start at around 57 lacs (the c class). Shahnawaz doesn't offer approved used Mercedes (like porsche Pakistan and Mercedes does internationally)
    The cars available here parked at the dealers haven't been to shahnawaz. They've been imported and then parked at the showrooms. If you wish to get them checked by shahnawaz, how much will they take for inspection and all?
    Plus the cars being sold privately here by people like me and you aren't that trustworthy. Why would anyone want to sell his Mercedes? What went wrong with it? Did some error turn up on its computer during on board diagnosis at shahnawaz and the mechanic ask for 1-2 lacs to get it sorted out?
    We won't have those details. If we ask the seller to verify he will ask us to take the car and get it inspected which will cost a fortune.
    My fathers colleagues bought c class (previous models) freshly imported from UK. They inspected the cars themselves in uk and we're bought from the approved used Mercedes dealers there.
    They ran perfectly well for a few months when they started getting such errors. Plus the mantainence costs were too high. They maintained it thoroughly as much as they could but then it was just too much. They then sold them at around 18-20 lacs a few weeks ago (they were bought for around 36 lacs in 2004-5)
    If you buy a bmw or Mercedes, will you be willing to pay for the high cost of maintenance?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And I too think that the local cars are trash. I bought a new civic and I'm aware of the fact that the civics available abroad are of better quality. But what choice do I have? I don't have enough money to spend on shahnawaz or Dewan to get my german car tuned and serviced. I don't trust local mechanics either.
    I can't buy a corolla because it lacks security features. I won't go into that discussion as we all know the cons of corolla. So I'm left with the on of buying a civic. Which isn't bad, it has all the features found in internationally available cars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The cars imported by shahnawaz start at around 57 lacs (the c class). Shahnawaz doesn't offer approved used Mercedes (like porsche Pakistan and Mercedes does internationally)
    The cars available here parked at the dealers haven't been to shahnawaz. They've been imported and then parked at the showrooms. If you wish to get them checked by shahnawaz, how much will they take for inspection and all?
    Plus the cars being sold privately here by people like me and you aren't that trustworthy. Why would anyone want to sell his Mercedes? What went wrong with it? Did some error turn up on its computer during on board diagnosis at shahnawaz and the mechanic ask for 1-2 lacs to get it sorted out?
    We won't have those details. If we ask the seller to verify he will ask us to take the car and get it inspected which will cost a fortune.
    My fathers colleagues bought c class (previous models) freshly imported from UK. They inspected the cars themselves in uk and we're bought from the approved used Mercedes dealers there.
    They ran perfectly well for a few months when they started getting such errors. Plus the mantainence costs were too high. They maintained it thoroughly as much as they could but then it was just too much. They then sold them at around 18-20 lacs a few weeks ago (they were bought for around 36 lacs in 2004-5)
    If you buy a bmw or Mercedes, will you be willing to pay for the high cost of maintenance?
    @omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    So you have hands-on experience with the C class and your story is quite scary. Your story per se will keep me from going for these used cars. If a pre-owned Mercedes certified car can go wrong then any Mercedes can, especially one imported by 'desis' in the UK. I've heard that Dewan and Shahnawaz are pretty expensive when it comes to getting your cars serviced from them.

Thanks and regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    So you have hands-on experience with the C class and your story is quite scary. Your story per se will keep me from going for these used cars. If a pre-owned Mercedes certified car can go wrong then any Mercedes can, especially one imported by 'desis' in the UK. I've heard that Dewan and Shahnawaz are pretty expensive when it comes to getting your cars serviced from them.

Thanks and regards.
    Yes and even if you find a reliable dealer and get a good car, u will later have problems because shahnawaz and Dewan are very expensive. You don't hear stories of such sort here because alot of people will eventually sell their cars on this forum and they don't want to scare off potential buyers.
    I agree that a good dealers car will be problem free for a few months but even brand new Mercedes give occasional errors, which are easily fixed for a fortune(as seen in the thread I posted here) . Unfortunately shahnawaz and Dewan see that they have a monopoly here. They have one showroom in one major city so they don't bother reducing any service charges. They know if a person can afford a brand new 90 lacs e class, he can afford just an oil change worth 20,000/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And I too think that the local cars are trash. I bought a new civic and I'm aware of the fact that the civics available abroad are of better quality. But what choice do I have? I don't have enough money to spend on shahnawaz or Dewan to get my german car tuned and serviced. I don't trust local mechanics either.
    I can't buy a corolla because it lacks security features. I won't go into that discussion as we all know the cons of corolla. So I'm left with the on of buying a civic. Which isn't bad, it has all the features found in internationally available cars

@omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    Yes you are right that a civic has all the features found in an 'internationally available car' minus the driving pleasure of course. You are right that we the end users in Pakistan don't have much choices like someone living in Germany, France, the UK and USA. So we are left with three brands, Pak Suzuki, Atlas Honda and Toyota Indus. Shahnawaz and Dewan have skyrocketing price-tags. The government should open the import of vehicles from abroad, especially Japan and reduce the custom duty so that ordinary man can own a quality car like we have in Dubai. Cars in Pakistan are very old and a car in Pakistan is an asset, very expensive and costs a fortune corroborated by a devalued rupee which has lost almost its entire value against the major foreign currencies. Cars keep on getting expensive and the ordinary man can just dream of having one. We should all petition to the government to change its policy by allowing liberal import of cars. What do you think?

Regards and take care.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    Yes you are right that a civic has all the features found in an 'internationally available car' minus the driving pleasure of course. You are right that we the end users in Pakistan don't have much choices like someone living in Germany, France, the UK and USA. So we are left with three brands, Pak Suzuki, Atlas Honda and Toyota Indus. Shahnawaz and Dewan have skyrocketing price-tags. The government should open the import of vehicles from abroad, especially Japan and reduce the custom duty so that ordinary man can own a quality car like we have in Dubai. Cars in Pakistan are very old and a car in Pakistan is an asset, very expensive and costs a fortune corroborated by a devalued rupee which has lost almost its entire value against the major foreign currencies. Cars keep on getting expensive and the ordinary man can just dream of having one. We should all petition to the government to change its policy by allowing liberal import of cars. What do you think?

Regards and take care.
    Sir,
    I work in a hospital where once all medications and facilities were free for all patients. Now there's nothing available. Not even syringes. I've approached almost every connected person whom I know and yet no one has done anything. People have protested and come out on the streets yet nothing has happened.
    Do you expect the government to change its policy by petitions? They're too busy earning money left and right by keeping the car local industry as a monopoly here. No doubt it's a good thing, if the local auto industry produces quality vehicles at a price the common man can afford.
    My advice: buy a civic if you're the sole driver and drive on long routes and intend to keep it for at least 5 years. Buy a corolla if you've a driver to chauffeur you around. Buy a honda city if you have a small family and need a comfortable car for long drives which doesn't depreciate as much as a civic in a few years. Buy a swift if you want a hatchback with power and enjoyable drive.
    Buy a JDM 660cc if you drive with maximum one-two passengers and drive around the city
    See, in pakistan its very easy to choose a car. There's one car made for each category :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir,
    I work in a hospital where once all medications and facilities were free for all patients. Now there's nothing available. Not even syringes. I've approached almost every connected person whom I know and yet no one has done anything. People have protested and come out on the streets yet nothing has happened.
    Do you expect the government to change its policy by petitions? They're too busy earning money left and right by keeping the car local industry as a monopoly here. No doubt it's a good thing, if the local auto industry produces quality vehicles at a price the common man can afford.
    My advice: buy a civic if you're the sole driver and drive on long routes and intend to keep it for at least 5 years. Buy a corolla if you've a driver to chauffeur you around. Buy a honda city if you have a small family and need a comfortable car for long drives which doesn't depreciate as much as a civic in a few years. Buy a swift if you want a hatchback with power and enjoyable drive.
    Buy a JDM 660cc if you drive with maximum one-two passengers and drive around the city
    See, in pakistan its very easy to choose a car. There's one car made for each category :p

@omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    So you think I should drop the idea of getting a C180, C200 or a BMW 3 series based on your experience. I understand that you have a hands-on experience with a C class.

I too remember when I was a junior doctor all the OT stuff was provided by the hospital. I've heard that now the patients undergoing an operation are asked to bring their own sutures, ethanol and even iodine for pre-op prep. Is this true?

Regards and take care.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    So you think I should drop the idea of getting a C180, C200 or a BMW 3 series based on your experience. I understand that you have a hands-on experience with a C class.

I too remember when I was a junior doctor all the OT stuff was provided by the hospital. I've heard that now the patients undergoing an operation are asked to bring their own sutures, ethanol and even iodine for pre-op prep. Is this true?

Regards and take care.
    Yes sir, unfortunately what you've heard is all true
    Best of luck in whatever you buy. I hope my advice has helped u positively.
    Btw, please be wary of what others tell u here because in the end, they will want to offload their second hand premium cars on u.
    I test drove a friends C class which was for sale and loved it so much that I wanted my father to buy it immediately. Later on, the same car started giving problems to my friend which were really expensive to sort out.
    Of course the new civic is no match for such cars, but u have to look at maintenance costs as well. Because they will take a considerable portion of your hard earned income.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes sir, unfortunately what you've heard is all true
    Best of luck in whatever you buy. I hope my advice has helped u positively.
    Btw, please be wary of what others tell u here because in the end, they will want to offload their second hand premium cars on u.
    I test drove a friends C class which was for sale and loved it so much that I wanted my father to buy it immediately. Later on, the same car started giving problems to my friend which were really expensive to sort out.
    Of course the new civic is no match for such cars, but u have to look at maintenance costs as well. Because they will take a considerable portion of your hard earned income.

@omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    Thanks for your input. Please tell me what you think about a 2010 Toyota Premio 5A grade imported to Pakistan which costs about 3.3 million. We have to add another 8 lakhs to a Honda Civic. It is a JDM and Grade 5A cars are untouched shining beauties. Many believe that a 2010 Toyota Premio 5A grade will scare the pants off a Honda Civic.

Regards and take care.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Mohtaram Omar Sahib,
    Thanks for your input. Please tell me what you think about a 2010 Toyota Premio 5A grade imported to Pakistan which costs about 3.3 million. We have to add another 8 lakhs to a Honda Civic. It is a JDM and Grade 5A cars are untouched shining beauties. Many believe that a 2010 Toyota Premio 5A grade will scare the pants off a Honda Civic.

Regards and take care.
    Sir,
    You're welcome
    I don't agree, here's why: There will always be a feeling in your subconscious whether it's what the dealer/importing agent promised, that is, is it actually 5A?. If it's coming from Japan then you've to live with the Japanese screen and buttons. So if you're very inclined to buying a premio, buy it from UK-where it's known as avensis. Btw, if you read the reviews on it in UK car magazines is considered as a very dull and boring car. So there goes to driving pleasure.
    Whereas the civic has all the features found in avensis. Tell me what feature it doesn't have?
    Let's discuss the driving pleasure you were talking about. There are no good roads in pakistan which are curvy and u get to test your car to the limits. Well there are a few roads but you've to drive really carefully to avoid maniacs especially if you have a 3.3 million car the spare parts of which have to be imported.
    Plus there's depreciation. The civic will, if course lose money in ten years but the premio will depreciate even more.
    The avensis /premio is no Ferrari. So driving pleasure is out. It's a three year old car so reliability is a concern. Depreciation should be taken into account. It costs 8 lacs more than a locally assembled brand new car, which for once is worth buying.
    Plus you will be driving in the city mostly. The highways are too dangerous to test the limits of your car. And it's not like you're a youngster who wants to drag race every civic. So at speeds up to 140km/hr, I can assure you the civic won't let you down. So smoking a civic in your premio is a pointless con of buying the latter.
    Why do u wish to spend your hard earned income on such a car then?
    Why not a civic that will be problem free and give you mental satisfaction.
    My personal opinion about imported cars is that you shouldn't spend more than 15las on UKDM's and JDM's. Anything above that and you will suffer depreciation /spares issues, etc.
    I've a 660cc JDM. Now in this size there is no good car available locally. I'm very happy with it. But on the very first day of buying it, i had to take it to a mechanic just to check whether it's in one piece or not. The following day I had to get its spark plugs and later on its brake pads changed. Even later on found out that it's actual mileage was more than what the odometer showed. Why do you want to go through do many tensions, when you have the perfect locally assembled problem free car available? You drive it straight from the showroom, get its tyres changed and drive it up till 2 lac kms without having to look for parts, etc. Any problem and you take it to the honda dealer without worrying about whether the issue will be resolved or not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My question to everybody: Is this car worth Rs. 2.5 million? Are you getting what you are paying for? One can get a 2006 Mercedes C180 Kompressor for that much amount. There is no comparison between the two. If you put some more money, you can get a newer BMW 3 series or a C180 in the newer shape launched in 2007.
    brand new is always better than 7 yrs old bmw woh bhi landay ki

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mohtaram Umair Sahib,
    I've a 1985 Suzuki FX 800cc which has done 300,000+ km and still going strong because it is a well engineered car. I don't have any CNG installed and you bet Umair Sahib, it is still better than a zero mile Mehran of today. One has to compare cars with the same price tag. The C180 I'm talking about is with the price-tag of 3 million and if I do some bargaining, I'll be able to grab it for around 2.5 million. It is a 2006 C180 Kompressor and has done 40,000 miles. If you check it, you can gather if it is a well-maintained car or not. I've not seen it but the guy who is talking about it says that it is a fabulous car. Agreed that it is expensive to maintain but just look what you are paying for. A Mercedes with all the quality which comes with it. A car is not judged by how many miles it has done but the way it has been looked after by its owner. My car (Suzuki FX 1985) is 28 years old and if she asks Rs. 1000 from me, I give her Rs. 2000 out of my love and care I have for her. People are after me to sell it to them and I ask Rs. 50 million for her just to fend them off. You just can't sit in front of her AC for 15 minutes, for it throws such cold air. People ask me to turn off its AC because they feel so cold. This is the build-quality of Japanese cars, not the trash which is being thrown at us by today's Toyota Indus, Atlas Honda or the poorest of all, Pak-Suzuki.

My point is that the quality of PKDM cars is so poor that no words can take it. We are just not getting what we are paying for. Just look at the trashy quality and handling of today's zero-mile Suzuki Mehran. You bet Umair Sahib! My 28 year old Suzuki FX can beat the hell out of it on a road test despite having done 300,000+ km. I've driven both to a nearby city several times on the motorway and I can say that while driving a Mehran it seemed to me that she (Mehran) would come apart before the journey was over, part by part. On the other hand my FX was like enjoying a driving beauty, nicely glued to the tarmac at 140km/hr. Now we are comparing a 28 year old car worth Rs. 150,000 (Suzuki FX) with a zero-mile car with a price-tag of close to a million (Suzuki Mehran).

We have to see what our money can buy. With 2.5 million the buyer has lots of options especially when today it is a buyer's market, thanks to the illegitimate so called 'Amnesty Scheme' of stolen and smuggled cars. 52500 buyers who have bought such vehicles have been stolen from the local manufacturers and importers by this scheme and guess what, they are now stuck with the cars with nowhere to go after the order passed by the honourable Islamabad High Court which has declared the scheme unlawful.

You can also get a well-kept Dewan imported 2007 BMW 320i for Rs. 2.5 million. Have you checked such cars for yourself? People are asking 3 million for such cars but I think you can get hold of one for 2.5. Such cars are hard to find but with some effort and homework you can grab one.

Regards and take care.
    Get 2-3 more fx and enjoy....

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

http://tribune.com.pk/story/582347/h...essive-growth/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    brand new is always better than 7 yrs old bmw woh bhi landay ki

Hahahahaha. +1 from my side.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some idiot people compare old cars with brand new car, either some people compare FX with new car (HAD HO GAI AB TO :-P) What the hell is going on here people? ;-) when we will upgrade our self? Why we use that japnese and uk scrap. Brand new have no comparison with any old car. No warranty no availability of parts.
    We should have to appriciate our new cars, like new civic have all those features which are coming in any other country civics, i think Honda have realy showed the window to the future.
    And if we talk about its exterior look, some people dont like it, i dont know why......? May be they people dont like change. Some people love old things, in my opinion they are those pakistani who are agre to see same model 7 years or more....
    Or hamari Pak SUZUKI ny to had krdi (mehran to silver jubley kr k jaegi, shayad golden b kr le :-) )

By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    Get 2-3 more fx and enjoy....

@shk_54

Mohtaram shk_54 Sahib,
    Thanks for your valuable advice. By following it I'll certainly stay further away from the locally manufactured PKDM trash made by either Pak Suzuki, Toyota Indus and Atlas Honda who are robbing the buyer of his hard earned money by making cars not made according to international standards. When I drive cars made by these manufacturers it reminds me of riding a donkey. My brother who is an automotive engineer in the United States laughs at the quality of PKDM cars. Once he went to a showroom of a Pakistani manufacturer and noticed how wide a gap there was between the rear door-line and the body of the car when the door of the car was closed. He told me that if he threw that thing at his manager in the US, he would certainly say, "Look at this gap, is this ************************* Such is the poor quality of local PKDM cars.

Regards and take care.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    Some idiot people compare old cars with brand new car, either some people compare FX with new car (HAD HO GAI AB TO :-P) What the hell is going on here people? ;-) when we will upgrade our self? Why we use that japnese and uk scrap. Brand new have no comparison with any old car. No warranty no availability of parts.
    We should have to appriciate our new cars, like new civic have all those features which are coming in any other country civics, i think Honda have realy showed the window to the future.
    And if we talk about its exterior look, some people dont like it, i dont know why......? May be they people dont like change. Some people love old things, in my opinion they are those pakistani who are agre to see same model 7 years or more....
    Or hamari Pak SUZUKI ny to had krdi (mehran to silver jubley kr k jaegi, shayad golden b kr le :-) )

Some idiot people know nothing about cars and start talking about them.

Regards and take care.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers