Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HELP:CIVIC 2006 VTi Heatup for the first time ....what needs to be done now??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default HELP:CIVIC 2006 VTi Heatup for the first time ....what needs to be done now??

Salam and Ramadan mubarak to all pw'ers

today my car got heat up for the first time in 7 years
    when I stopped at the signal I saw my cars temperature almost between the Middle mark and H level i.e on the 70percent mark of gauge I quickly tuned off the ac and the temperature started to fall back to normal and I drove back home which was hardly 2kms aways from that point ... upon inspection the water level in the plastic bottler attached with the radiator was full but when I opened the radiator knowing it'd be hot(burnt my hand too but luckily nothing serious) it was full of pressure and steam I ran away leaving the radiator cap open and the water started to erupt like a volcano LOL ...when the radiator cooled down I filled it with water till the top and started the car, in hardly 1 min the water started jumping out of the radiator like almost a foots height from the radiator top and steam was coming along with it if although the temperature was on half.... from last week I'm noticing that the water level is reducing it self and when ever I open the radiator it need atleast 1 glass of water on daily basis although I replaced my head gasket when the mechanic opened the head to fix the valves ( heres a link to that https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...-issue-missing ) but could this be because the gasket not fit properly and has worn out as its been 10days I changed the gasket or is it due to a bad thermostat valve and faulty radiator cap ....PLZ HELP ME OUT guys I had never thought my car would be giving me issues like these and thats all because of the stupid cng guy :@

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had the EXACT same problem .. temperature rising n falling. even though the water level was full...
    i got my radiator checked. it was fully choked . harldy 1 or 2 slot out of 30 were working. the water wasnt geting circulated...got it cleaned and mashallah its perfectly fine now.
    geting ur gastket replaced was a mistake u made.. should have gone to radioator wala

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunk14 View Post
    i had the EXACT same problem .. temperature rising n falling. even though the water level was full...
    i got my radiator checked. it was fully choked . harldy 1 or 2 slot out of 30 were working. the water wasnt geting circulated...got it cleaned and mashallah its perfectly fine now.
    geting ur gastket replaced was a mistake u made.. should have gone to radioator wala
    I didnt replace the head gasket for the heatup problem ...I actually replaced engine valves a few days before the car got heatup and since engine head was taken out for that I had to replace the head gasket as it cannot be used again once you open the head ...thats why Ive provided the link in the first post ... I actually was a bit worried that the car is heating up as the head gasket might not have been fit properly or the mechanic might have put an inferior quality gasket ...as for the heatup problem it happened just once that the temperatre rose to a bit over half ...I had just taken off the tstat valve and the problem has vanished m.A

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    To good to hear that you save your car.Distilled water coolant,not plain water.Good luck!
    yup distilled water that comes out from the a.c ...I mixed that with caltex coolant

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    Cloged radiator on car of 2006?I dont think so.
    anything is possible bro! i can show you a 2009 model car with clogged radiator what you say?
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by suzukialtomehran View Post
    anything is possible bro! i can show you a 2009 model car with clogged radiator what you say?
    When don't know what are you doing anything is possible.No mater how new is the car!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Little confused as to how something from 2006 is failing so easily. You said your head needed to be opened for valve work. Not expected of a car that new.

Anywho, new thermostat valve STAT! Its a MUST.

Coolant + water mixed. No water only scene please.
    1st Generation Integration

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List