15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default engine oil n other fluids of civic

its vti oriel 04
    got blue box for engine oil from shell
    he said change it after 5k km,around 5.5k km are done after that,but when i checked,its still showing full engine oil + oil isnt sticky yet so should i change it along with oil filter? or go till 6k etc?

also some1 told me that auto transmission oil must b changed after reaching 100k,i dont know when did the previous owner changed it,but its also full n non sticky
    havent changed or filled steering oil as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Maray Bhai Meharbani Karo apnay par aur pani gari PER.

Take your car to honda 3s dealer

Tell them its run 100k and get the estimate of the work required and get general check up and tell them to make an estimate for parts and labour.
    Total cost of above will be max 2k.

Now they will give you estimate of all the work which needs to be done on your car.

As per me if you want to live a happy problem free life you must get all the work done they recomment.

As per me

you need to

get all the shocks and bushed
    timing belt
    ac belt/fan belt
    water body
    radiator service
    coolent
    brake pads/tooling
    all fluid change( brake(replacement), steering, transmission)
    throttle body cleaning
    carburator cleaner
    fuel filter

And yes if the say something is wrong with your head gas kit or something similar just sell your car.
    got the rear bushes changed already,front were fine got them checked,shocks were also fine,got them checked
    got timing belt checked,they said its fine
    fan belt already changed
    radiator serviced already
    coolant - using osaka,will be changing to honda one
    throttle body done twice so far
    carburator cleaning is called throttle body

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Caltex Havoline mineral formula is outdated technology. Its still an excellent oil for older style engines and it would be downright silly to change at 3500 kms - that is throwing money out the window.
    i consider a 2005 civic engine old. i have tried nearly all oils available in this category (price range) and found this one to be the best. if you want your car's engine to live long, i recommend throwing the money out the window

chaudry sb, guard filter is available at every oil changing facility. they might show you other filters as well which look fancy but trust me, those filters are available at badami bagh lahore in 20rs and you will probably pay 200-300 for them.

my monthly average runing of the car has always been between 4000-6000km and guard has never let me down. your car has a very strong engine and 100k km is nothing for it. take care of her oil and she will never let you down.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ I have ran a late 80s Honda Accord engine for about a total of 400,000 kms or something and the oil used was Caltex Supreme and later on Havoline Motor oil API - SF, SG, SH. 20W50 viscosity changed out at 5000 kms on the dot with new oil filter of MANN, Union or VIC - whatever was left in my box of filters. Air filters were donaldson - and they lasted a year in that car before going bad in Karachi dust. That engine still was strong and troublefree after those years. Mind you it never ran plain water as coolant when under my maintenance and almost never had the A/C off.

Even my diesel engine had oil change at every 5000 kms along with its oil filter. Sometimes at 6000 if I travelled highway a lot. (Caltex Delo Silver 15W40 or the same grade shell, Mobil, Fuchs, ZIC, Emarat) - usually Caltex as I had a drum of it.

I always ran the engines at correct temperature - the Honda had a 82C thermostat in it and the VW had an 89C thermostat in it. The reason is that when oil gets hot water and condensate can flash off eliminating the chances of acid formation, corrossion, sludging etc. The cylinder heads were sparkly inside too.

IMO 3000 kms oil change is akin to wasting money.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    use any oil rated at API SJ or above, btw changing brake oil requires a pressure pump or at least 2 people who know what they are doing, changing the oil is not just drain and fill. Old oil is pushed out by new oil from all 4 wheels. Requires about a litre of oil in an ABS civic.
    just checked back side of hx7 shell oil that i used this time
    it had written
    api sn/cf so i guess even thats also fine then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List