Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 503
Like Tree461Likes

Thread: My New Ride ~ Civic 9th Gen. M/T~

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My New Ride ~ Civic 9th Gen. M/T~

    For exclusive viewing pleasure of Pakwheelers, here I present my new ride (Much Hyped, Sensationalized & Controversial 9th Gen Civic).

    Enjoy the Pictures!

    P.S. I am not a fan boy, hate it or love it ! Drop your comments below.

    Cheers!

    Attached Images Attached Images              

  2. #281
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    Mind sharing the link of the thread? And yes,install CNG in it. Btw, LOLed at spanking the khoti, ha ha ha.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...real-workhorse

    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    9th gen prosmatec has the same gear box and drivetrain as the 8th gen. No difference in rpms, none that I could notice. However, fuel economy is significantly better.
    Read it somewhere that 9th gen has new gearbox, which is optimized and improved for better fuel efficiency. Personally I think biggest factor is its aerodynamic shape that helps you achieve excellent fuel economy.

  3. #282
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Buddy two questions...

    1. Does the car has map lights ?

    2. Doea the stock stereo has USB option ?

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, it does have map lights.
    No, it doesn't have USB, though in global models the same radio comes with USB in arm rest console.

  4. #283
    PakWheeler Follow
    Merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrickfergus
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...real-workhorse


    Read it somewhere that 9th gen has new gearbox, which is optimized and improved for better fuel efficiency. Personally I think biggest factor is its aerodynamic shape that helps you achieve excellent fuel economy.
    Well bro, thats an early version of cultus and that really was a workhorse. The dump crap we are getting these days is good for nothing. That model had better build quality and felt like a car. Suzuki has literally failed to put working wiper blades on the car. Wipers work with a bloody "ghuurrrr" sound leaving a pool of water in front of ur eyes. Moreover, sounds like choo choo, chee chee from different parts of it give an impression of the car going through a painful experience while being driven. One hates it even after sitting in a 2008 100k+ driven corolla.

    And oh, well don't know much about it as I am no fan of auto trannys, thus mine being manual. But I have driven a relatives oriel pros for a considerable time and I find it better than the previous one in many aspects, though the quality HAS been compromised to a certain extent. But the subject matter under focus should be whether the 9th gen is worth what we pay for it: Yes indeed its more than that!

  5. #284
    PakWheeler Follow
    Merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrickfergus
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Yes, it does have map lights.
    No, it doesn't have USB, though in global models the same radio comes with USB in arm rest console.
    Honda didn't bother extending the wires to the arm rest console, they are tucked in the glove compartment and yes you have to nail it after taking all of the other stuff out.
    And I have heard that USB wire can be attached to stock stereo without much hassle, still waiting for someone to come up with an idea.

    I am OH MY GOD loving the scarce badges on your car's trunk. Oriel Pros has like 4 more minus one for manual variant. Hate them the way they are scattered.

  6. #285
    PakWheeler Follow
    alidavirgo2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    282
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Odo was showing 580KM at the time of its 2nd refill and warning light was still not on. I will post my detailed feedback about the mileage alongwith pics on Thursday as I am gonna take it on the motorway. Wish granted; you can see a pic of the mileage now
    Appreciate that.loving your thread it should be made sticky
    Drive safe and xjoy

  7. #286
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    Well bro, thats an early version of cultus and that really was a workhorse. The dump crap we are getting these days is good for nothing. That model had better build quality and felt like a car. Suzuki has literally failed to put working wiper blades on the car. Wipers work with a bloody "ghuurrrr" sound leaving a pool of water in front of ur eyes. Moreover, sounds like choo choo, chee chee from different parts of it give an impression of the car going through a painful experience while being driven. One hates it even after sitting in a 2008 100k+ driven corolla.
    true, very well put !
    seems like you have first-hand experience of driving a new cultus

    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    Honda didn't bother extending the wires to the arm rest console, they are tucked in the glove compartment and yes you have to nail it after taking all of the other stuff out.
    And I have heard that USB wire can be attached to stock stereo without much hassle, still waiting for someone to come up with an idea.

    I am OH MY GOD loving the scarce badges on your car's trunk. Oriel Pros has like 4 more minus one for manual variant. Hate them the way they are scattered.
    My gut feeling also tell me there must be a way to connect USB (that Honda deliberately missed to sell its Navi Units ) as the same model is being offered globally with USB connectivity.

  8. #287
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alidavirgo2010 View Post
    Appreciate that.loving your thread it should be made sticky
    Drive safe and xjoy
    Thank you so much brother

    Driven more than 1000 KMs (totally intra-city) with 2 refills and and still a quarter is left in the tank. that's called Happy Motoring !!!

    Let's see on thursday how it performs on motorway!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  9. #288
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Took it for its first inspection (1000KM).
    Nothing special, just a general check-up.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  10. #289
    PakWheeler Follow
    Merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrickfergus
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    true, very well put !
    seems like you have first-hand experience of driving a new cultus



    My gut feeling also tell me there must be a way to connect USB (that Honda deliberately missed to sell its Navi Units ) as the same model is being offered globally with USB connectivity.
    Infact, 2 Cultuses (whats the plural ). We bought one in 2011, same as u did, as a workhorse, but were extremely disappointed. Thought the car was a faulty piece, took it to PS, they said "hahaha, ki hogya paa jee, gaddi is A1, hamen to koi awaaz nai aa rahi"

    Me: WTF :@

    Sold it, thinking that may be another one could do the job, but an hour before purchase, took a test drive on 2 other cars, they were all the same!

    Dropped the idea, bought a slightly used Honda city 2008, it cost just 25k more than the crap tin can and trust me is far far far ahead of it. A real workhorse.

    And probably your gut feeling is positive. The unit is the same which is being provided world wide, there is a USB option in it but everyone is sort of waiting for a DIY. Cz most of the civics are getting sat navs, those who rely upon reverse cams can't live without em and there is no option to put a cam in the stock dashboard.

  11. #290
    PakWheeler Follow
    Merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrickfergus
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Took it for its first inspection (1000KM).
    Nothing special, just a general check-up.
    A suggestion, you'll probably be aware of it already: Keep your civic away from the "deezall waali Sarvviss". Never ever let service walas take diesel near your car.

  12. #291
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    Infact, 2 Cultuses (whats the plural ). We bought one in 2011, same as u did, as a workhorse, but were extremely disappointed. Thought the car was a faulty piece, took it to PS, they said "hahaha, ki hogya paa jee, gaddi is A1, hamen to koi awaaz nai aa rahi"

    Me: WTF :@

    Sold it, thinking that may be another one could do the job, but an hour before purchase, took a test drive on 2 other cars, they were all the same!

    Dropped the idea, bought a slightly used Honda city 2008, it cost just 25k more than the crap tin can and trust me is far far far ahead of it. A real workhorse.

    And probably your gut feeling is positive. The unit is the same which is being provided world wide, there is a USB option in it but everyone is sort of waiting for a DIY. Cz most of the civics are getting sat navs, those who rely upon reverse cams can't live without em and there is no option to put a cam in the stock dashboard.
    Been there, done that, bro... we have kept cultus 05/06 as a daily runner for more than 4 years and keeping in view our past experience we opted for new cultus, which no doubt is a big big disappointment in terms of build quality. On the other hands City idsi is an amazing car well known for its fuel efficiency and reliability. It cant not be compared to Cultus. I really regret the day I sold mine in Stone Granite color with Yokohama S drive tires.




    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    A suggestion, you'll probably be aware of it already: Keep your civic away from the "deezall waali Sarvviss". Never ever let service walas take diesel near your car.
    Thanks for alerting bro. yes I know it is bad especially for under-body rubber parts.

  13. #292
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    many congrats for having such beautiful car mashallha
    i personaly dont like light shades but reborn and this new civic realy seems attractive in white colour
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

  14. #293
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    many congrats for having such beautiful car mashallha
    i personaly dont like light shades but reborn and this new civic realy seems attractive in white colour
    Thank you so much Ahmed Bhai! It's so nice of you to come and bless my ride
    I religiously follow your thread to discover the ways how to protect its white skin (which everybody previously thought as a low-maintenance color but you changed the perception). Now I am also keenly following your suggested "precautionary measures" to protect its skin and retain its beauty longer.
    You & your thread really rock .. keep up the good work sir (Y)

  15. #294
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,576
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Now I am also keenly following your suggested "precautionary measures" to protect its skin and retain its beauty longer. You & your thread really rock .. keep up the good work sir (Y)
    Kindly give a brief summary or bullet points for the benefit of others please.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  16. #295
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Thank you so much Ahmed Bhai! It's so nice of you to come and bless my ride
    I religiously follow your thread to discover the ways how to protect its white skin (which everybody previously thought as a low-maintenance color but you changed the perception). Now I am also keenly following your suggested "precautionary measures" to protect its skin and retain its beauty longer.
    You & your thread really rock .. keep up the good work sir (Y)
    really touched and hounerd with your such kind words and respect well i am still learning and doing mistakes bus trying to learn from mistakes
    bhai jan u have new car mashallha simply buy good mild shampoo ( mothers california wash and wax 1 liter bottle about rs900 at hyper star lahore )
    since white colour skin so synthetic wax will deliver max results in terms of longer protection, high reflections
    easy avilablity localy are mothers fx synwax paste roughly rs1300 to 1400 OR turtle ice polish paste roughly rs 1300 to 1400
    however if u can source from abroad than meguiar's nxt 2.0 or meguiar's ultimate wax paste very good choice

    the best part of synthetic wax is its dont attract much dust as like natural carnuaba waxs

    couple of micro fiber clothes

    if u feel difficulty to source them than simply head to my place in lahore cantt area ( sending u pm mesg for my address ) would love to treat ur snow white with sealant thaan no more fear of pale or off white colour that would be a gift to younger brother from elder
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

  17. #296
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Kindly give a brief summary or bullet points for the benefit of others please.
    respected brother

    only car shampoo wash , never surf wash as surf creats swirls and light secratches on car skin, also never hair shampoo to car , surf and hair shampoo sucks natural oils of paint and make the skin dry where as car shampoos having necessery paint oils and waxes to enrich paint.

    only use micro fiber wash mitts or micro fiber clothes to wash/ dry car skins , no more rs 10 wala cloth

    use quality waxes like trutle, mother, meguiar's ( well many other good options in world but not in pakistan ) no more formula 1 wax as its having micro polishers which quitly eat clear coat of car skin, also these ordinery waxes lacks uv protections which cause col fade, reduce shine from skin after some time and make the surface dull without life.

    having 2 kinds of waxes

    i prefer synthetic waxes on lighter shades like white , silver , sky blue etc as aim is for high reflections with longer protection as we dont have margins to deepen the colour in such light shades, while on dark shades i love to apply natural ( carnuaba based waxes ) waxes as aim is to deepend, darken the paint with rich deep gloss
    problem is our enviornment having dust and pollution and natural waxes attract dust so top up with detailer spray wipe which reduce static charge so less dust attraction problem

    NEVER DRY DUSTING


    these are some basic precuations
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

  18. #297
    PakWheeler Follow
    Merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrickfergus
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can you post a picture of your car's low beam projector cut off please?

  19. #298
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    really touched and hounerd with your such kind words and respect well i am still learning and doing mistakes bus trying to learn from mistakes
    bhai jan u have new car mashallha simply buy good mild shampoo ( mothers california wash and wax 1 liter bottle about rs900 at hyper star lahore )
    since white colour skin so synthetic wax will deliver max results in terms of longer protection, high reflections
    easy avilablity localy are mothers fx synwax paste roughly rs1300 to 1400 OR turtle ice polish paste roughly rs 1300 to 1400
    however if u can source from abroad than meguiar's nxt 2.0 or meguiar's ultimate wax paste very good choice

    the best part of synthetic wax is its dont attract much dust as like natural carnuaba waxs

    couple of micro fiber clothes

    if u feel difficulty to source them than simply head to my place in lahore cantt area ( sending u pm mesg for my address ) would love to treat ur snow white with sealant thaan no more fear of pale or off white colour that would be a gift to younger brother from elder
    Ahmed Bhai, you are really a gem of a person.. its your mistakes and efforts that are making people more aware and knowledgeable about how to keep and maintain their rides properly as they deserve to be. Talking of me, before exploring your thread I was so na?ve and ignorant that I have kept some really nice rides in dark colors which deserved to be treated well but idea of getting them waxed or detailed never ever crossed my mind. I’d got the same city in polish metal metallic like you do but changed it after a year with taffeta white as color was no more appealing to me and MASHA ALLAH the way you have treated this color has really made me fond of it again.
    Ahmed Bhai, I have made a list of all the things you have recommended for my ride and hopefully my brother will be leaving to Bangkok on a short official trip, I have requested him to get these items for me or otherwise I will get them from Hyperstar if things don’t go as planned.
    Bhai jan, I’m feeling so privileged and honored by your kind offer and would definitely love to avail the opportunity and get my snow white treated by you, it will make her feel so special and pampered.
    Insha Allah I will drop by sometime soon after checking your availability and convenience.
    Thank you so much!

  20. #299
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Kindly give a brief summary or bullet points for the benefit of others please.
    Sir, your post has really helped me and many others as I wouldn't have described any better than Ahmed yar Bhai has done in detail.
    I would have literally copy pasted from his thread but he saved the hassle

  21. #300
    PakWheeler Follow
    pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    823
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    kindly give a brief summary or bullet points for the benefit of others please.
    self edit: Repeated post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •