11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My New Ride ~ Civic 9th Gen. M/T~

For exclusive viewing pleasure of Pakwheelers, here I present my new ride (Much Hyped, Sensationalized & Controversial 9th Gen Civic).

Enjoy the Pictures!

P.S. I am not a fan boy, hate it or love it ! Drop your comments below.

Cheers!

Attached Images Attached Images              

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic 8th gen manual does 120 at 2.7k rpm but this is doing at 3.2 k
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^please go use google both have same gearing ratios
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Civic 8th gen manual does 120 at 2.7k rpm but this is doing at 3.2 k
    Who told you that bhai? Its definitely above 3k rpm for 8th gen as well.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilslayer View Post
    Reason given by an honourable member in his thread,

Since the car came home today my father got time to look at it and have a drive and the only word he spoke after coming back was that we are not keeping this car ..you need to sell it

reason for this
    1) very low quality used
    2) very less road clearance
    3) unstable at speed above 100
    4) This gen of civic needs both normal petrol and Hi octance else it engine will be doing knocking

P.S
    No offence meant to anyone.... I seriously need to check the above as i am in great confusion abt wat to choose Altis or Civic... datsy posting it
    1- Its the problem with Pakistan, not with atlas honda. Good quality people are rare and we end up complaining about the things produced by "people".

2- How much clearance do we need? Its clearance is already improved than the 8th gen. Same as corolla, no difference.

3-Absolutely BIG *** false. Not at all. We'll be needing valid proof that the issue exists. I did 200kph in 9th gen (yea I know I raped it) but its perfect.

4- Again False. No such issue at all, can't say anything as such but there could be an issue with some particular ECUs installed in the vehicle, like some honda citys 2008-2010 had severe knocking issues. No issue with the engine at all. We still need valid proof of this claim.

My Suggestion, give it a shot. Its worth what you pay for.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ thanx fr the detailed reply... Its much appreciated

p.s nw the 3 mnths wait aftr bookn is a big hurdle
    wHaTs NeXt To EcStAsY????nOtHiNgNeSs??WaTs nExt????HELL.............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    1- Its the problem with Pakistan, not with atlas honda. Good quality people are rare and we end up complaining about the things produced by "people".

2- How much clearance do we need? Its clearance is already improved than the 8th gen. Same as corolla, no difference.

3-Absolutely BIG *** false. Not at all. We'll be needing valid proof that the issue exists. I did 200kph in 9th gen (yea I know I raped it) but its perfect.

4- Again False. No such issue at all, can't say anything as such but there could be an issue with some particular ECUs installed in the vehicle, like some honda citys 2008-2010 had severe knocking issues. No issue with the engine at all. We still need valid proof of this claim.

My Suggestion, give it a shot. Its worth what you pay for.
    replies to you false and true game

1) quality of things produced is falling in pakistan even a kid knows that
    coming to honda 9th gen
    * open the bonnet of car and see the inner side of fender they have nothing over there..hit a punch on the fender and it will get a dent over there
    * see the plastic of the interior..and compare it with last gen if you are not a kid you'll see the difference getting I Mid never means your interior is improved they only gave looks to fool everyone
    * pick the ash tray of this and the last gen
    * all exterior is very soft type especially fenders and doors
    2) haha bhai do u even knw about ground clearance? haha you think corolla has ground clearance?
    3) bro bring your car to me and i will give you a proof in harldy 15 seconds it is the only time it takes this car to reach 100km/hr
    go above 100 and do a bit harsh driving nd feel the car moving out from rear
    i took manual 9th gen to 208 km/hr when it was less then 200 kms driven and it was like a nightmare,usually i used to drive my 8th gen above 180 normally and i always felt secured.
    at 208 when i tried to stop 8th gen it was going out from rear.same happens when u apply a bit hard brake above 100 too.
    above 180 a cultus can also go but it is how you feel at 180
    4) haha bhai go to some honda dealership and they will let you know about more then 100 cars reported over there with the knocking issue and they answer 'SIR WE HAVE NOTED YOUR ISSUE,WAIT FOR THE WARRANTY PEOPLE TO PAY A VISIT THEN WE WILL CALL ALL THE OWNERS HAVING THIS PROBLEM,SECONDLY THIS CAR IS HAVING A SENSITIVE ENGINE SO ALWAYS TRY USING HALF HI OCTANCE AND HALF NORMAL PETROL'

p.s i am a die heart fan of honda and i dont have any issue with you but i dont want people to opt for wrong option like i did by selling my beauty 8th gen

peace
    I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't =)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As most of Civic enthusiasts are hovering on this thread so I am sharing it here also . See the refreshed Civic 2013 for North America

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/new...sa#post3601593

PS. @pyromaniac your ride is awesome. I envy that
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    @Pyromaniac...Congrats on purchase
    Thank you so much Bhai Jan!

Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    Ahmad Yar!!! Suggest treatment stuff for cabin too. Appreciate if u list down necessary stuff for exterior/interior detailing that one can bring from USA while considering lighter and darker shades. Many thanks for sharing your valuable experience on detailing.
    Sir, You have sought very useful information from a very helpful and "jahandeeda" person. Ahmed bhai has already posted a detailed response to your query in his thread. (see the post # 666)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...cha-hai-gee-34
    Ahmed Bhai way to go !! Really hats off to your proactive approach to help others. Jazak Allah !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dats nyce... So those who were sayn k itz nt stable n all dat stuff were js makin an excuse to sale their car for some PROFIT
    Brother, it's Allah, who knows the true intentions & hidden motives of a person, I have just shared my experience particularly related to my ride.

Reason given by an honourable member in his thread,

reason for this
    1) very low quality used
    4) This gen of civic needs both normal petrol and Hi octance else it engine will be doing knocking

P.S
    No offence meant to anyone.... I seriously need to check the above as i am in great confusion abt wat to choose Altis or Civic... datsy posting it
    Brother here is my view point on the areas mentioned in your post.

1) very low quality used :

True ; but its not only Honda. Look at the build quality of Suzuki and Toyota. Companies are following cost-cutting strategies. Over the past few years build quality of almost everything has been deteriorated to a great extent. People literally love their old belongings when they see the quality of new products.
    When I purchased new Altis a year back I always felt that SE saloon's interior quality was way better than new Altis. But thats how things are, you have to learn to live with them.

I beg to differ. Road Clearance and Driver's Front View has been significantly improved in 9th Gen. I find it more relaxing and comfortable driving new Civic than my Altis.

We all know that tire pressure, wheel alignment, balancing, cambering these are all factors that may impact the stability of your ride at high speeds. if everything is A-okay; new Civic has no problem with respect to stability or handling at high speeds.

Not true in my case, only using regular fuel in my car but keep in view that I drive Manual . May be in Auto things may be a little different.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Stay safe; drive within limits!

BUT, Civic's fun surely begins @ 150
    Thank you Khurram Bhai, it's true, we all should abide by the rules and keep ours and other's safety in mind when driving.
    I only pushed it a little hard to challenge its potential when the road was straight and empty and regarding 150 you are right but you will see average dropping drastically above 150.

Quote Originally Posted by homayoon View Post
    Nice thread and great pictorial review...
    Thank you Humayon Bhai!

Hey Thanks bro for the effort! Appreciated a LOT!

I just wanted to see that the cut off is the same as ours or not. Its the same. Not so razor sharp as it should've been!
    No problem bro, you are welcome!

QFA
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi everyone;

I completely agree with pyromaniac. The 9th gen is no way a bad vehicle. I have only been able to clock 480kms in one month, but i found i very sturdy, swift and comfy. I have added around 15 lits of Hioctane in total but have not topped up the tank as yet. No engine knocking as yet, but even the previous one that I had knocking problems when driven on low quality fuel. I will revert to super only after the 1st 1000kms. I would like to ask if any one has taken this vehicle out on the motor way, how does it perform and behave?????? I have put 17's with 215's I hope it will not make the vehicle unstable. I still remeber that the previous one used to be glued to the ground. This surely will have its comparative advantage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lea300 View Post

coming to honda 9th gen
    * open the bonnet of car and see the inner side of fender they have nothing over there..hit a punch on the fender and it will get a dent over there
    * see the plastic of the interior..and compare it with last gen if you are not a kid you'll see the difference getting I Mid never means your interior is improved they only gave looks to fool everyone
    2) haha bhai do u even knw about ground clearance? haha you think corolla has ground clearance?
    3) bro bring your car to me and i will give you a proof in harldy 15 seconds it is the only time it takes this car to reach 100km/hr
    i took manual 9th gen to 208 km/hr when it was less then 200 kms driven and it was like a nightmare,usually i used to drive my 8th gen above 180 normally and i always felt secured.
    at 208 when i tried to stop 8th gen it was going out from rear.same happens when u apply a bit hard brake above 100 too.
    4) haha bhai go to some honda dealership and they will let you know about more then 100 cars reported over there with the knocking issue and they answer 'SIR WE HAVE NOTED YOUR ISSUE,WAIT FOR THE WARRANTY PEOPLE TO PAY A VISIT THEN WE WILL CALL ALL THE OWNERS HAVING THIS PROBLEM,SECONDLY THIS CAR IS HAVING A SENSITIVE ENGINE SO ALWAYS TRY USING HALF HI OCTANCE AND HALF NORMAL PETROL'

p.s i am a die heart fan of honda and i dont have any issue with you but i dont want people to opt for wrong option like i did by selling my beauty 8th gen

peace
    Dear brother,

I fully endorse your stand point on quality issues. This has become a global issue now. For instance just look at the quality of branded clothes that we wear (levis, dockers etc.) Look at the food that we eat at well knows brands. You can easily figure out that it's no more the same as it used to be.
    Bro, even 8th Gen is no exception when it comes to quality, you will be amazed to see the quality difference even b.w the cars that were assembled prior and after 2008 so its useless to whine and complain over petty things when overall things are not moving in a proper direction.

Regarding instability at high speed I would advise you to please check its wheel balancing and alignment.
    And please drive carefully and in limits as these are not sports cars. Driving any PKDM or JDM car above 160 is plain insanity you can not justify it.. even 8th gen and Altis shake and tremble at high speed when you cross a bus or heavy object . These vehicle are designed keeping in view the needs of daily commuters who just need a reliable conveyance to move from point A to point B.

Let peace prevail and cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by QFA View Post
    Hi everyone;

I completely agree with pyromaniac. The 9th gen is no way a bad vehicle. I have only been able to clock 480kms in one month, but i found i very sturdy, swift and comfy. I have added around 15 lits of Hioctane in total but have not topped up the tank as yet. No engine knocking as yet, but even the previous one that I had knocking problems when driven on low quality fuel. I will revert to super only after the 1st 1000kms. I would like to ask if any one has taken this vehicle out on the motor way, how does it perform and behave?????? I have put 17's with 215's I hope it will not make the vehicle unstable. I still remeber that the previous one used to be glued to the ground. This surely will have its comparative advantage.
    Please check the pg # 16 for motorway drive experience. Car stays on the course and no shaking/wobbling observed at high speeds though I didnt maneuvered it like a sports car at high speeds but everything seems pretty acceptable.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    As most of Civic enthusiasts are hovering on this thread so I am sharing it here also . See the refreshed Civic 2013 for North America

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/new...sa#post3601593

PS. @pyromaniac your ride is awesome. I envy that
    Thank you brother for keeping us updated about the latest developments happening in global arena. Your contributions really make a difference.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ thanx fr the detailed reply... Its much appreciated

p.s nw the 3 mnths wait aftr bookn is a big hurdle
    Not a problem. BTW 3 months? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Lea300 View Post

coming to honda 9th gen

peace
    Kiddo, . Stay Calm. At the moment, I am in no mood of writing an essay, my mind is too occupied. Still, I'll give it my best shot.

Assuming you are the one who actually mentioned all these problems, let me clear your vague ideas.

1: Quality of the consumer products is falling ALL over the world, not only in Pakistan, look around, you'll find very rare brands that have improved in terms of that. So quality concerns are out of the discussion, read my post again. If you are that sensitive about quality at the age of 21, I wonder how'll you be able to survive after 10 years. This ain't gonna get better, trust me.

BTW punching a dent in the fender, man I badly needed a laugh here, thanks! I can punch a dent in the fender of a BMW x6 or any other vehicle. No big deal and thats NOT how qualities are compared. Be technical in your approach.

Yes they could've provided an under bonnet heat shield in there. These are just cost cutting strategies. You can do nothing but to live with them unfortunately.

2: Yes, I know whats ground clearance and believe you me if you need more than that, try the local way: Buy a corolla, install aluminum spacers, there you go. Unbeatable ground clearance.

Ever witnessed a taxi corolla with 5 passengers + the driver @ stock suspension setup? You won't see the car ripping off its undercarriage on a road, thats what clearance is all about. Its not a multi-terrain vehicle after all.

3: Well, my geographical limitations don't allow me to do that I am afraid, though I will ask you something, did you try getting the vehicles alignment done? Wheel balancing? Because if you happened to buy an 8th gen in the late 2011, you would've noticed every 3 out of 5 cars having totally freaked out alignment and balancing.

The quality control passes God knows how many cars per day and they usually miss things like that. No big deal at all, I still disagree on the instability part. No such thing witnessed by 5 9th gen owners I know.

Regarding such speeds, I won't say much except for this: Buy a Ferrari. Honda people didn't design a hot rodder, rather they designed it on a family sedan concept. This speed is NOT justifiable at all, and believe me, after 10 years, speed is the last thing you'll worry about in a car.

4: Sensitive "engine"? LOL. Well, again, the five 9th gens I know on the road, have hardcore engines. I am yet to drive one with knocking issues, as I mentioned, the problem could be with individual vehicles, its not general.

And oh, as for me, I am no fan boy of anything. I am a fan of whatever satisfies me at its best.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Dear brother,

I fully endorse your stand point on quality issues. This has become a global issue now. For instance just look at the quality of branded clothes that we wear (levis, dockers etc.) Look at the food that we eat at well knows brands. You can easily figure out that it's no more the same as it used to be.
    Bro, even 8th Gen is no exception when it comes to quality, you will be amazed to see the quality difference even b.w the cars that were assembled prior and after 2008 so its useless to whine and complain over petty things when overall things are not moving in a proper direction.

Regarding instability at high speed I would advise you to please check its wheel balancing and alignment.
    And please drive carefully and in limits as these are not sports cars. Driving any PKDM or JDM car above 160 is plain insanity you can not justify it.. even 8th gen and Altis shake and tremble at high speed when you cross a bus or heavy object . These vehicle are designed keeping in view the needs of daily commuters who just need a reliable conveyance to move from point A to point B.

Let peace prevail and cheers!
    You nailed it sir! Fully agree about speeds in these vehicles!

Once you develop a temperament of a peaceful drive, the feeling of being uncomfortable at speeds exceeding the safe limits automatically develops.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post

Not true in my case, only using regular fuel in my car but keep in view that I drive Manual . May be in Auto things may be a little different.
    Yes, I agree on this point as well. Might be the issue with automatic transmission but still, the probability of an engine not performing at its optimum level just due to the transmission married to it is very narrow IMHO.

If it were a faulty mechanical part, the issue would have been general.

Since its not, I am assuming there is a problem with the ECU programming, the chip boards are very prone to damage under our conditions like high humidity, heat and varying temperature over a narrow time span.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not a problem. BTW 3 months? Seriously?

Kiddo, . Stay Calm. At the moment, I am in no mood of writing an essay, my mind is too occupied. Still, I'll give it my best shot.

Assuming you are the one who actually mentioned all these problems, let me clear your vague ideas.

1: Quality of the consumer products is falling ALL over the world, not only in Pakistan, look around, you'll find very rare brands that have improved in terms of that. So quality concerns are out of the discussion, read my post again. If you are that sensitive about quality at the age of 21, I wonder how'll you be able to survive after 10 years. This ain't gonna get better, trust me.

BTW punching a dent in the fender, man I badly needed a laugh here, thanks! I can punch a dent in the fender of a BMW x6 or any other vehicle. No big deal and thats NOT how qualities are compared. Be technical in your approach.

Yes they could've provided an under bonnet heat shield in there. These are just cost cutting strategies. You can do nothing but to live with them unfortunately.

2: Yes, I know whats ground clearance and believe you me if you need more than that, try the local way: Buy a corolla, install aluminum spacers, there you go. Unbeatable ground clearance.

Ever witnessed a taxi corolla with 5 passengers + the driver @ stock suspension setup? You won't see the car ripping off its undercarriage on a road, thats what clearance is all about. Its not a multi-terrain vehicle after all.

3: Well, my geographical limitations don't allow me to do that I am afraid, though I will ask you something, did you try getting the vehicles alignment done? Wheel balancing? Because if you happened to buy an 8th gen in the late 2011, you would've noticed every 3 out of 5 cars having totally freaked out alignment and balancing.

The quality control passes God knows how many cars per day and they usually miss things like that. No big deal at all, I still disagree on the instability part. No such thing witnessed by 5 9th gen owners I know.

Regarding such speeds, I won't say much except for this: Buy a Ferrari. Honda people didn't design a hot rodder, rather they designed it on a family sedan concept. This speed is NOT justifiable at all, and believe me, after 10 years, speed is the last thing you'll worry about in a car.

4: Sensitive "engine"? LOL. Well, again, the five 9th gens I know on the road, have hardcore engines. I am yet to drive one with knocking issues, as I mentioned, the problem could be with individual vehicles, its not general.

And oh, as for me, I am no fan boy of anything. I am a fan of whatever satisfies me at its best.

Regards.
    kiddo i will get back to you in sometime a bit busy at the moment.
    i'll explain it with pics now so you are zip locked rather doing those Lols...and showing ur bad side
    i am not getting rude just for the sake of that i am explaining here not arguing with you who cant listen bad about what they have
    I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't =)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Who told you that bhai? Its definitely above 3k rpm for 8th gen as well.
    Viper Reborn......Reaches 120KMPH @ 3100RPM
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys For Heaven's Sake......Knock it Off Will Ya?
    Why this unnecessary 8th vs 9th Gen Civic war? I own a Viper (8th Gen) tamed and groomed it to my taste. I would love to go for 9th Gen anytime my pocket allows. 9th Gen is "supposed to be" technically better. Though I hate to admit it but the 9th Gen is not a head turner like every Gen of Civic used to be. Its an evolution of the 8th Gen. So yeah, it should be smoother and more aerodynamic therefore fuel efficient also.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

User Tag List