11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My New Ride ~ Civic 9th Gen. M/T~

For exclusive viewing pleasure of Pakwheelers, here I present my new ride (Much Hyped, Sensationalized & Controversial 9th Gen Civic).

Enjoy the Pictures!

P.S. I am not a fan boy, hate it or love it ! Drop your comments below.

Cheers!

Attached Images Attached Images              

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys,

I intend to book PT Oriel without Navigation. Pls comment on the quality of CD player installed in your car.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Which colour are you planning to buy in new Civic?
    For swift and gutsy response use CIVIC!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan400 View Post
    Thanks for your compliments @pyromaniac Its very easy to do it in just some small steps. I use LED chunk for light up however you can use bulbs also. Anyone who need assistance or parts can PM. I will guide.
    Bro, my setup is a tad bit different than yours as I haven't hooked them with parking lights, instead connected them with brake lights and reason for not using LEDs is that they dont look prominent in day light like the way normal bulbs illuminate and fill evenly as in original lights.

A few pics...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    Guys,

I intend to book PT Oriel without Navigation. Pls comment on the quality of CD player installed in your car.
    Congratulations in advance Sir !!
    As for as quality is concerned, it's pretty decent if you are not an audiophile and your ears are not ultra sensitive to highs and lows.
    For a normal person, quality of stock radio is pretty decent but connectivity/hook up options are limited. you can only play mp3 CD (around 80 songs ~ more than 300 mins playback) or use AUX to connect your phone/ipod to play your fav music.
    I would personally advise you to go for stock radio and after sometime if you realize that you want USB/internet on the go or miss the reverse cam feature (which in my opinion is very helpful feature), you can always upgrade the unit later by shedding some extra bucks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RN427 View Post
    ^Which colour are you planning to buy in new Civic?
    Why are you so obsessed with colors bro. Everybody has different choices regarding colors as each color has its own personality, some go with light shades, some like BOLD colors for road presence. What seems good to your eyes might not be attractive/ appealing to the other person.
    Cheers !

My personal preferences btw
    1.White
    2.Habanero Red
    3.Bold Beige
    4.Silver
    5.Urban Titanium
    6.Polish Metal
    7.Black

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ pyromaniac

Thanks for your input, its not about saving money personally I find the navigation unit bit out of place with the interior lay out.
    Secondly, I have noted that the screen of navigation unit is hard to see in strong sunlight...so whats the fun.
    I agree with you that the backup camera is "must have" feature .
    @RN427

We already have a PTO in white. This time it will be either Silver or Polished Metal.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Sir, if money is not an issue then factory fitted Nav Unit is highly recommended. You can tint your windows to restrict the sunlight.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ pyromaniac Bhai LED is more glowing, targeted and focused light. Also energy saving. I use a LED chunk of 23 SMD LEDs. Its equal to 16 watts bulb light only consume 3 watts and no heat deception. However its your own choice of connection either you connect with brake light or parking lights. I am working on Camera option in I-MID hopefully will done in couple of week.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are cent percent right sir regarding LEDs. LED's by virtue of its nature are more energy efficient but since tail lights and high mount lamp aint coming with LEDs unlike Corolla so I thought using bulbs is a wise idea as the light from reflectors will blend perfectly.

Previously in headlamps I ws using LEDs in parking lights but removed them as they werent complementing Hi Beam/Low beam tubes.

I am really glad that you are working on i-mid camera option..it would be a great great DIY.. please complete it soon as (people like me without nav unit ) desperately need the i-mid camera option

Thanks a lot !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,

I have VTi Oriel Prosmatec with navigation unit. Well, the navi is pretty bad; the touch screen is very bad (specially when we are used to high end smartphones). For audio enthusiasts, it has no RCA outs, no DSP and no equalizer; it just offers basic bass/treble controls.
    The problem is that it is not standard 2 DIN space, so aftermarket Head Units can't be installed. For the same price of the navi unit, you can get Pioneer DVD unit, which has a feature called 'App Radio', by which you can use your smartphone (both Android and iOS) to use Google Maps (they are way better than the OEM Navi unit's maps).
    Btw, I've installed an amp and speakers, and Head Unit is a bottleneck because it can't be changed. Can anyone suggest how I can use an aftermarket HU. May be make a custom fiber glass housing and place it somewhere around the hand brake area or something?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ As for as I think you can not get an after market unit from Pak that fits in that stock housing without ruining it. Plus it is interfaced with the i-mid so you might mess-up imid functionality too.
    I would recommend you to source original HU from Honda China/Japan/Malaysia, if possible, that seems a much better option instead of installing a double din HU not particularly designed for 9th Gen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your's 8th gen or 9th gen? Asking because of your avatar...
    If its 8th gen; I think I can help. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by rafay_naveed View Post
    Hi,

I have VTi Oriel Prosmatec with navigation unit. Well, the navi is pretty bad; the touch screen is very bad (specially when we are used to high end smartphones). For audio enthusiasts, it has no RCA outs, no DSP and no equalizer; it just offers basic bass/treble controls.
    The problem is that it is not standard 2 DIN space, so aftermarket Head Units can't be installed. For the same price of the navi unit, you can get Pioneer DVD unit, which has a feature called 'App Radio', by which you can use your smartphone (both Android and iOS) to use Google Maps (they are way better than the OEM Navi unit's maps).
    Btw, I've installed an amp and speakers, and Head Unit is a bottleneck because it can't be changed. Can anyone suggest how I can use an aftermarket HU. May be make a custom fiber glass housing and place it somewhere around the hand brake area or something?
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Contact trakker navigation. They sell RCA cable for stock unit for rs3k. It has separate leads for front rear and subwoofer.easy to build system

Quote Originally Posted by rafay_naveed View Post
    Hi,v
    The SUB will do what the BOX tells it to do!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Took my car for 10,000Km check-up to Honda Gateway and was left in a state of bewilderment when the service advisor told me that my free coupon has expired as I didnt present the car within 6 months period as stated in the warranty book so I 'll have to pay for service charges beside replacement cost of lubes & filters.
    Please note that my car has clocked only 9875Km so far as I dont drive much.

Anyways, I got its 10K service done. Oil filter ,Air filter, Cabin Ac filter and Engine Oil was replaced for 7500Rs.
    Didnt pay any labour charges.

I have noted that instead of some improvement their service quality is getting pathetic at Honda Gateway. (MACHI-MANDI bani hoti hai.. no discipline in the body shop at all, staff is sluggish and non professional.)

Have really good experience with Honda Fort, though.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump. @pyromaniac SIr after clocking over 10k miles the engine break in is already completed..what mileage are you getting in within city--long routes--light foot/hard foot--econ on-off modes
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Try out the Cluster Self Test; and dont forget to take and upload the pic! Lets find out if iVTEC cluster is same as of Oriel or not

Originally Posted by tinman
    Here ya go:

1. Push and hold the trip/reset button.
    2. Turn the lighting switch ON.
    3. Turn the ignition switch ON. (don't start)
    4. Within 5 seconds, turn the light switch OFF, then ON, then Off again.
    5. Within 5 seconds, release the trip/reset button, then push and release 4 times more.

Takes a try or 2 to get it. The odometer has to be in mileage mode, NOT trip mode when you do this. All the needles will sweep back and forth once. To exit, turn off the ignition. Just push the trip button again to see the needles sweep again while in test mode.
    Congrats(belated now, it's already done 10,000kms M. A) ! Excellent review brother. Enjoyed every post. Actually I read parts of it before my father bought his civic and was looking desperately for this thread later to check out the Cluster Self Test.
    Have u managed to do this?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Bump. @pyromaniac SIr after clocking over 10k miles the engine break in is already completed..what mileage are you getting in within city--long routes--light foot/hard foot--econ on-off modes

Within city it varies b.w 11.5 to 14kmpl depending on traffic conditions and your driving style. I am not a mileage conscious driver but still get around 12kmpl with AC on. On highway it can go beyond 16kmpl f you drive a bit carefully.

I rarely use ECON option but I havent noticed mileage falling below 11.3kmpl no matter how carelessly I drive.

600 in a tank is achievable if you keep check on your RPM while shifting gears.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Congrats(belated now, it's already done 10,000kms M. A) ! Excellent review brother. Enjoyed every post. Actually I read parts of it before my father bought his civic and was looking desperately for this thread later to check out the Cluster Self Test.
    Have u managed to do this?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app
    Thank you Bhai Jan !
    I played around a little for diagnostic test but couldnt make it work. Will try it again and let you know.
    You should also give it a try and let us know if it works in your case.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Sir, any updates on the USB function in the 6 cd changer? We got one booked recently, though we did go for the navi option, but I think if the cd changer can be made usb compatible, the 65k Rs can be made of much better use than the shashka.

Our drive is mostly based in city and it would be family car, so no need of a screen as such.
    Which civic variant are you going for?
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Which civic variant are you going for?
    Oriel Prosmatec with navi + extended warranty + accessories.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

User Tag List