Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Extreme Vibration in Civic 2005 Eagle Eyes VTI Oriel

Salam Friends,
    I have been looking to get some information regarding Civic 2005. Apparently my car is not having any issue while driving at slow speeds like if I am reversing my car or driving at 40-60 Km/h but when I increase my speed to around 80 km/h my car starts shaking. Right at this moment I even feel a jolt while holding the steering. I have taken my car to 110Km/h at max and what I have noticed is at times there is no jolt at all and suddenly it starts jolting the steering wheel and left front side of the car like hell.

I have got the alignment and balancing of wheels done. I am under the impression that may be this is because of wheels because they seem worn out and needs replacement. The front right side wheel and two back wheels are Yokohama 195/65/R15 where as the left one (from where I sense the vibration is generating) is 185/65/R15 of some company ( Do not remember the name on top of my head).

What exactly are your thoughts on this issue. Is it possibly because of difference in sizes of the tires ? Also you think trashing them away and installing brand new tires would resolve this issue of annoying jolts at higher speeds ?

Also I am looking to get tires replaced. What tires should I go for ? I am interested in good quality ones for long drives as I mostly travel on Motorway and would like to get the best tires for great handling,braking and peace of mind at higher speeds ? Also please tell me the suitable dimension values with the best brand.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    what the tool would do is measure wheel runout whilst mounted to the hub. Take a pencil and rest it on the patra and put some tape to make it stay, now jack the wheel up and rotate the wheel to measure if any point of the wheel contacts the pencil if it does then you have a bent situation
    @Xulfiqar: Thank you for explaining it to me. Lets say for argument sake we have a bent situation so what exactly would be the solution to this problem in your opinion ?
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking that I think that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

replacement of damaged parts
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok waitng for ur result

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chaudhary9: I went to have breaks serviced today because I decided that I will go to Peshawar this coming Saturday to purchase new tyres and wanted the car to be in a condition that I can take it there. The mechanic took the wheels out and looked at the brakes. What we witnessed was that the brake patri's (as they call it) were completely worn out. Almost as if they are never been changed since 2005. I do not know what exactly that is called in english. I got original ones from Honda Parts shop and got them replaced and now there is no vibration at all. The car is extremely smooth now and there is not a single trace of any vibration. I guess you also need to try this thing out.
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking that I think that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smoke87 View Post
    @chaudhary9: I went to have breaks serviced today because I decided that I will go to Peshawar this coming Saturday to purchase new tyres and wanted the car to be in a condition that I can take it there. The mechanic took the wheels out and looked at the brakes. What we witnessed was that the brake patri's (as they call it) were completely worn out. Almost as if they are never been changed since 2005. I do not know what exactly that is called in english. I got original ones from Honda Parts shop and got them replaced and now there is no vibration at all. The car is extremely smooth now and there is not a single trace of any vibration. I guess you also need to try this thing out.
    That's strange because I got the brakes serviced when I bought the car few months back
    N I tried noticing the vibration today
    N didn't felt it
    I think it comes mostly after I take a turn I think

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PATRI Wah you made my day - Either it is DISC or the DISC brake pads , Drum or Brake shoes ! - Neither drum nor disc need replacement if the brake pads & the shoes are replaced at required intervals. THE LOSERs who TURN the disk & drums un-necessarily at every brake 'SERVICE' ruin the stuff without realizing what risk they push onto driver & the passengers

Like Xulfiqar has repeatedly said on this very forum time & time again every time the brake pads are changed the shims need special grade of grease so the clippers adjust the pads according to worn out disc instead the JUGGRO ustads turn the disk and ruin it.

@smoke now you have new disc , please ensure that at next brake pads replacement ( 7000 - 10000 as per your driving conditions ) FIT-IN a BUM-BO to ur mechanic not to turn the disk under no circumstance and use silicon grease on clipper shims only.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    PATRI Wah you made my day - Either it is DISC or the DISC brake pads , Drum or Brake shoes ! - Neither drum nor disc need replacement if the brake pads & the shoes are replaced at required intervals. THE LOSERs who TURN the disk & drums un-necessarily at every brake 'SERVICE' ruin the stuff without realizing what risk they push onto driver & the passengers

Like Xulfiqar has repeatedly said on this very forum time & time again every time the brake pads are changed the shims need special grade of grease so the clippers adjust the pads according to worn out disc instead the JUGGRO ustads turn the disk and ruin it.

@smoke now you have new disc , please ensure that at next brake pads replacement ( 7000 - 10000 as per your driving conditions ) FIT-IN a BUM-BO to ur mechanic not to turn the disk under no circumstance and use silicon grease on clipper shims only.
    @capsat: I am little new to Civic work so I just typed the name the mechanic was using for it. He did not touch the Drum or Brake Shoes. He actually replaced the Disc Brake Pads ( I did not know the name before. Googled a bit and eventually found the pic which gave me an idea about the name). So you are recommending me to get this disc brake pads changed after every 10K.Right ?

Also, Can you please explain what exactly you mean by this : please ensure that at next brake pads replacement ( 7000 - 10000 as per your driving conditions ) FIT-IN a BUM-BO to ur mechanic not to turn the disk under no circumstance and use silicon grease on clipper shims only

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I observed n confirmed it today that this vibration occurs only when car is turned right or left n not on straight road n its upto speed of 40 then it ends

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List