Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Honda Civic VTI Oriel Prosmatic Eagle Shape, gear top speed security removal ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic VTI Oriel Prosmatic Eagle Shape, gear top speed security removal ..

Assalam o alaikum n my civic VTI oriel prosmatic eagle shape has an issue that when I m driving it on D it just halts on 160km/h speed and 4.2 RPM on top speed, and if I shift it to D3 then it can achieve 180km/h but once I put it to D again as on 180KM/H D3 RPM goes to 7.5 then again it comes back to 160KM/h and 4.2 RPM and then remains constant there no matter how much you push the pedal, my mechanic guy told me that my civic has an builtin security in its gear to protect the engine and for safety and he told me that he has the software and he can remove this security however he can not change it as I asked him that can you change it to 7RPM and a top speed of 200KM/h or 220KM/H and he said that nop he does not have the software to modify it but he can break it and then your civic in its top gear can achieve 7 or 8 RPM (just as it can currently do in low gears) and a speed of 240 and engine will keep going on depending upon the press on your pedal and it can burst out too in this way ..

So guys I really wanna break this annoying kind of a security feature in my prosmatic but before I proceed with it, can you guys tell me that is it safe to remove it? the way my mechanic told me? and he also told me that honda guys wont do it for me as they are not authorized to do it ..

Waiting for your response on it and more details from experts that what kind of security feature is that? and is it safe to remove it as my mechanic told me?

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,
    And why this wind pressure thing is only happening with my civic? and not with the others as I think on the motorway wind pressure is same for all civics but mine jst gets locked up at 4.3 RPM in top gear and at 160KM/H unless there is a decline on the road then the RPM goes towards 5 and the speed also to 180KM/H and even beyond it too ..

So what is the issue there bro?

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by whiteatom View Post
    the car even does not try to push for more and once I put it in D3 the engine roars and goes to 180KM/H smoothly with RPM on 7.3 but then once I put it back to D it just gets back to 4.3 and 160KM/H and gets locked up there car runs smooth and without any issues ..

Regards,
    dear brother, when a car has a rev limiter, the car tries to push but it gets locked and cant go beyond a certain point.
    dont play with ur ecu my dear. if u make some damage to it, you will be in serious trouble as the imported ecu's match with a lot of difficulty with the engine.

on a side note, plan and meet up with me next week. (leaving for islamabad for a cpl of days today) i will try and give you some useful advice about it if u wish to.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dude i m in LHR and not in ISB and today I did a lot a research on it and specially after watching my car RPM going to 5 and speed to 180KM/H on D once there is a decline on the road I have decided not to play with my ECU anymore .. however I am going to take my honda to honda point in Defence Lahore and I am gonna get my honda tuned up from there and gonna ask them to clean my throttle, check fuel injections and clean it up and get my engine closed up fine after my local mechanic did same the car is also now consuming a lot more fuel and giving me avg 8 where previously it was 12/13, I also think that my tires are not in a very good shape and they do create a lot a friction on high speed may be that is also a factor that my car is having issues crossing 160KM/H barrier .. so I will change my tyres later but right now I am gonna take it to honda and gonna ask them to get my engine tuned up .. and also kindly advise me which plugs I should use? currently I am using NGK irridium plugs (1x) in my car and someone told me that they are better then denso plugs as they will consume more fuel? and has shorter life? so any suggestions on plugs or what I should do with my engine?

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am in lahore and just goin to isb for a cpl of days.

but, you are on the right track now. just get your car tuned. tappets checked. if all turns out ok, just be content with it. all children are not alike. same goes for cars as well. lol. NGK or DENSO, both are same to me. other users may advise you differently. Select which ever u feel is good.
    good luck

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just a non-expert tip...u can check any other prosmatic if u feel ur car is creating problems....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm or can there be any problem with its vtec? as I have heard that the vtec gets activated after 160KM/H? so may be some issue in it that is why its stucking up there?

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brothers I had PDKM eagle eye prosmatec one yr ago and on petrol it goes to 220km/hr on highway easily before fuel cut.

vti vtec function above 6000 rpm to fuel cut in any gear and in D3 & 2 also.

Brother u can damage ur engine by removiving the nfuel cut no recommendation from my side.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the cut-off is there for a reason, I believe any HONDA dealership will not remove it for you. However if you choose to remove it somehow for some God Forsaken performance (redlining the engine) improvement it will not be the case. Try not to risk it may have multiple harmful affects, please
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker132 View Post
    just a non-expert tip...u can check any other prosmatic if u feel ur car is creating problems....

For Poster ,

My Prosmatec 2005 , on full throtle / acceleration used to change its second gear near 120 mark and 3rd near 180 , touched 200km/hr once obviously in 4th gear , and the car was greaattt , although it was hell dangerous , so avoid such stunts .. For ur concern , umm obviously theres something wrong somewhere , A well maintained n good condition Prosmatec 2005 with all favourable conditions tyres weight etc can easily touch 200+ in 4th , with no gear / RPM lock at 4.3
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by whiteatom View Post
    hmm or can there be any problem with its vtec? as I have heard that the vtec gets activated after 160KM/H? so may be some issue in it that is why its stucking up there?

Regards,

I am not sure but YES may be theres something wrong with ur Vtec as ur saying RPM gets stucked at 4.3 RPM ..

Vtec always gets activated at 4+ RPM

160km/hr for vtec .. ur absolutely wrong bro

after crossing 4 RPM mark , Vtec gets activated whether ur in 1st gear at a speed of 55km/hr , or 2nd gear at 100km/hr
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kindly close this thread as I have identified the problem is with my transmission n with D4 n i have opened up a new thread for it .. thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brothere who told you that problem is in ur transmission? I have civic 2002 orial prosmatic and feeling same issue, not only me some other also facing this problem. This is ECU locking system and top gare is 4 in prosmatic.

Fuel cut off is protection feature only at idle mod when car is running at petrol not cng.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Sir. I m new to this forum please. I have civic 2005 vti oriel prosmatic. When it is idling and I press the pedal, it's Rpm don't cross 5000. Is it normal or a problem. Will you please advise me. Regards

Sent from my LG-E973 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ajall View Post
    Hi Sir. I m new to this forum please. I have civic 2005 vti oriel prosmatic. When it is idling and I press the pedal, it's Rpm don't cross 5000. Is it normal or a problem. Will you please advise me. Regards

it is normal ... it is called rev-limiter ... it is to save the engine from getting abused
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir. Thanks. One thing more. Previously I had mitsubishi lancer 2005 glx which was Cvt, yesterday I went to Monal with my family, but response of the civic was not very good. I mean to say that lancer Cvt used to give better response on uphill as compared to prosmatic. Any expert comments from you.
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers