Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 2308
Like Tree635Likes

Thread: Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club (2013)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sjehsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club (2013)

    Salam,

    As we just recently bought a Civic 9th Gen (2013) shape and could not find its fan Club on Pakwheels.

    So making one, all who own this car or want to own one are allowed to share their views, problems, pics etc of their car.

    All the owners of this Latest model should share pics of their car and their views.


    .

    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

  2. #241
    PakWheeler Follow
    hasanferoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes ill write to Honda n then go to consumer court. Height hy hy seriously

  3. #242
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    i have been told the same by a friend that this face lift is expected in near future yet we are waiting for any confirmation from official source
    Have you seen the thailand facelift ..it is just a front grill change and a navigation unit change .....not gonna happen in Pak ;-)

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  4. #243
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    please suggest me an exhaust tip for 9th gen civic.
    I have CL7 original Exhaust tip with me
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  5. #244
    PakWheeler Follow
    munawar01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Aoa,
    Can anyone explain why i have 3 different numbers for current speed (in below image)? You can see speedometer shows 120 kml/hr, MiD shows average speed 113 kml/hr (CC was set to 120 and its a new "trip" while car was already on full speed i.e. 120 kml/hr) and navigation panel shows 112 kml/h (sometime is shows 113 kml/hr). Is it normal? i mean is there something wrong with this car?

    Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club 2013 -1402041
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

  6. #245
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munawar01 View Post
    Aoa,
    Can anyone explain why i have 3 different numbers for current speed (in below image)? You can see speedometer shows 120 kml/hr, MiD shows average speed 113 kml/hr (CC was set to 120 and its a new "trip" while car was already on full speed i.e. 120 kml/hr) and navigation panel shows 112 kml/h (sometime is shows 113 kml/hr). Is it normal? i mean is there something wrong with this car?

    Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club 2013 -1402041
    The navigation system and speedometer has a difference of around 10 km/hr, that's normal. The Honda navtrak navigation system in my previous 2002 civic and the speedometer had a difference of 20km/hr so things have improved
    The imid should've shown an average speed of 120 km/hr, but I guess it's giving an average from day one (since the average speed isn't zeroed when you reset the mileage)

  7. #246
    PakWheeler Follow
    munawar01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    The navigation system and speedometer has a difference of around 10 km/hr, that's normal. The Honda navtrak navigation system in my previous 2002 civic and the speedometer had a difference of 20km/hr so things have improved
    The imid should've shown an average speed of 120 km/hr, but I guess it's giving an average from day one (since the average speed isn't zeroed when you reset the mileage)
    Thanks Omar, I guess average speed start from zero if you start new trip and as i mentioned car was already on 120 kml/hr so technically i should show 120 kml/hr.. But i guess it calculate avg speed with GPS that's why its almost the same as shown in MiD..
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

  8. #247
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munawar01 View Post
    Thanks Omar, I guess average speed start from zero if you start new trip and as i mentioned car was already on 120 kml/hr so technically i should show 120 kml/hr.. But i guess it calculate avg speed with GPS that's why its almost the same as shown in MiD..
    But the imid isn't connected to the navigation system in any way.
    Or maybe the average speed does zero when you reset the odometer but doesn't display it (since its zero just for a millisecond) and it shows the average of that zero and the actual speed - which will slowly approach 120km/hr as time goes by.



    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #248
    PakWheeler Follow
    munawar01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    But the imid isn't connected to the navigation system in any way.
    Or maybe the average speed does zero when you reset the odometer but doesn't display it (since its zero just for a millisecond) and it shows the average of that zero and the actual speed - which will slowly approach 120km/hr as time goes by.
    Nope it didn't go over 113, when i reset the odometer it showed me 113 and it stay there for next around one hour (till i break CC).
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

  10. #249
    PakWheeler Follow
    centos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    606
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munawar01 View Post
    Aoa,
    Can anyone explain why i have 3 different numbers for current speed (in below image)? You can see speedometer shows 120 kml/hr, MiD shows average speed 113 kml/hr (CC was set to 120 and its a new "trip" while car was already on full speed i.e. 120 kml/hr) and navigation panel shows 112 kml/h (sometime is shows 113 kml/hr). Is it normal? i mean is there something wrong with this car?

    Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club 2013 -1402041

    I am glad that your brought that up. I have an interesting story to share. But before that I want to explain the difference on the speed dial and GPS.

    The GPS gives you the correct speed at which you are travelling. Car manufactures add a room for error into the speed dial, they make it to work like that. They add 5-7km to the actual speed. It has to do with the speeding laws in 1st world countries. Often times on the manual speed dials its hard to figure out if you are travelling at 100km or 105km. So even if a person occidentally goes above the speed limit marginally, he doesn't actually go over the speed limit.

    So thats what I believed for a while. But then I read this.

    “Normal wear and underinflation reduce the diameter of the tire, causing it to spin faster and produce an artificially high reading,” writes Frank Marcus. “Overinflation or oversize tires slow down the speedometer.”

    The difference between actual speed and the speed dial tends to get noticed more with German cars because their speedometers are designed to never report a speed lower than actual speed. European law (ECE-R39) says speedometers cannot show speeds less than the actual speed, and they must never show more than the 110 per cent of actual speed plus 4 km/h. So, under those rules, a car could be moving at 100 km/h, but the speedometer could legally display as high as 114 km/h.

    But, generally, most speedometers exaggerate speeds, says Wall Street Journal columnist Jonathan Welsh. “Industry officials have said speedometers are set ‘optimistically’ to give drivers an inflated sense of speed (and help them avoid tickets).” Welsh says. “GPS devices record distance over time without the effects of mechanical variables and thus tend to be more accurate.”

    So here is the story. I was travelling on ring road few weeks ago. My car speed dial was showing 110KM/H but the speed limit is 100KM/H. Here is the interesting thing. According to my GPS when my car show 110KM/H, its actually travelling at 104KM/H.

    So anyway, I got pulled over by the ring road police for speeding. I argued that even if I was over speeding, I wasnt doing it more than 3-5KM/H. In Australia, they dont bother even pulling you over for such a small difference considering the margin of error on the speed guns. But then Police guy went on to show me the video of my car coming down the road. It was about 5-10 sec clip and showed a consistent speed of 110KM/H. I argued that this speed gun needs calibration and there is no way I was driving at 110KM/H. Realizing its not their fault and they cant do much about it really, and they are just doing their job. I signed the ticket and paid it later.

    But the fact that they have the same fine for every one and it does not matter if you are going 5km over the speed limit or 100km you get to pay the same amount of fine. Rs.500. lol I am not even mad, this is great.

    I am not going to bother any more and just drive at 150KM/H.... what the hell, makes no difference!

    PS. duhh... Sarcasm intended

  11. #250
    Newbie Follow
    alishahpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its because latency issue GPS is calculating with the help of 10 or 12 satellite so 4-10KM speed difference is normal. my car gives difference of 4KM and goes to 1 or 2 Km when on motor way on steady speed. Maps provided by Honda are crap get NAVITEL maps much faster and with good graphics/interface and with more land marks.

  12. #251
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    I am glad that your brought that up. I have an interesting story to share. But before that I want to explain the difference on the speed dial and GPS.

    The GPS gives you the correct speed at which you are travelling. Car manufactures add a room for error into the speed dial, they make it to work like that. They add 5-7km to the actual speed. It has to do with the speeding laws in 1st world countries. Often times on the manual speed dials its hard to figure out if you are travelling at 100km or 105km. So even if a person occidentally goes above the speed limit marginally, he doesn't actually go over the speed limit.

    So thats what I believed for a while. But then I read this.

    ?Normal wear and underinflation reduce the diameter of the tire, causing it to spin faster and produce an artificially high reading,? writes Frank Marcus. ?Overinflation or oversize tires slow down the speedometer.?

    The difference between actual speed and the speed dial tends to get noticed more with German cars because their speedometers are designed to never report a speed lower than actual speed. European law (ECE-R39) says speedometers cannot show speeds less than the actual speed, and they must never show more than the 110 per cent of actual speed plus 4 km/h. So, under those rules, a car could be moving at 100 km/h, but the speedometer could legally display as high as 114 km/h.

    But, generally, most speedometers exaggerate speeds, says Wall Street Journal columnist Jonathan Welsh. ?Industry officials have said speedometers are set ?optimistically? to give drivers an inflated sense of speed (and help them avoid tickets).? Welsh says. ?GPS devices record distance over time without the effects of mechanical variables and thus tend to be more accurate.?

    So here is the story. I was travelling on ring road few weeks ago. My car speed dial was showing 110KM/H but the speed limit is 100KM/H. Here is the interesting thing. According to my GPS when my car show 110KM/H, its actually travelling at 104KM/H.

    So anyway, I got pulled over by the ring road police for speeding. I argued that even if I was over speeding, I wasnt doing it more than 3-5KM/H. In Australia, they dont bother even pulling you over for such a small difference considering the margin of error on the speed guns. But then Police guy went on to show me the video of my car coming down the road. It was about 5-10 sec clip and showed a consistent speed of 110KM/H. I argued that this speed gun needs calibration and there is no way I was driving at 110KM/H. Realizing its not their fault and they cant do much about it really, and they are just doing their job. I signed the ticket and paid it later.

    But the fact that they have the same fine for every one and it does not matter if you are going 5km over the speed limit or 100km you get to pay the same amount of fine. Rs.500. lol I am not even mad, this is great.

    I am not going to bother any more and just drive at 150KM/H.... what the hell, makes no difference!

    PS. duhh... Sarcasm intended
    GPS is erratic .. intentional error is included my friend in GPS triangulation by the country which own the GPS satellites. So the GPS band which the mango man use has an error margin in position, velocity etc

    Only US ARMY , HAWK EYE, PREDATOR, HIGH ALTITUDE PRECISION TARGETING AIRCRAFTS OPERATED BY US , Airforce One ( President's plane ) , their ships , submarines operate in a different GPS band with a peak error of 3-5m in position ... no wonder they can pin point anything, anybody, anytime ... just so you know ;-)

    I wont comment about the speedo error because I don't know but have read and experienced GPS extensively

    The same reason why GPS is not a preferred nav aid ( it is always the last back up )

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  13. #252
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guys today all of a sudden my navigation / multimedia system stopped working, any idea what to check ? if its because of the fuse, can a fuse blow on its own i mean without any electrical issue. should i simply replace the fuse if its blown or get the electrical system diagnosed.

  14. #253
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    guys today all of a sudden my navigation / multimedia system stopped working, any idea what to check ? if its because of the fuse, can a fuse blow on its own i mean without any electrical issue. should i simply replace the fuse if its blown or get the electrical system diagnosed.
    Seems like just a blown fuse. The electric system will be needed to get checked if the cars speedometer,rev meter and warning lights go haywire (happened to a friends car - his driver was playing around with the battery and all the electric display systems of the car went crazy)
    Are you sure no one (especially yor driver) has been trying to fool around with your battery?
    However do get it checked by honda and let us know what the cause of this was.

    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #254
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    nahi yaar nobody even sat in my car, i parked it in the evening and today when i started the car in the morning. it was all well FM was on and working, i parked it outside and then again when i started the car after few mins it didnt turn on.

  16. #255
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    nahi yaar nobody even sat in my car, i parked it in the evening and today when i started the car in the morning. it was all well FM was on and working, i parked it outside and then again when i started the car after few mins it didnt turn on.
    just a blown fuse of the navigation system then. if your car has done less than 20,000 kms you can get it fixed for free by honda. actually such a problem will be sorted out for free anyway because no one tampered with it.

  17. #256
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well car is under warranty so honda will have to fix everything for free. i am thinking of visiting them on saturday. does any1 know the fues # of navigation system.

  18. #257
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    There is a Fuse box under the steering wheel and one inside the engine bay.
    The Fuse for your Nav Unit should be under the steering wheel.
    My advice- Don't try and open the box, it's usually put in an awkward position and Honda might think you did something wrong
    And yes, do get it diagnosed. A fuse isn't really meant to blow!

    Ps- All the fuses are marked, so you know which one goes where!
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  19. #258
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i called honda they advise me to contact Traking world for navigation / multimedia system related issues and warranty claims.

    i contact trakking world they informed me to try to reset the system and see if it works and if it still doesnt work they will have to take out the system send it to lahore for warranty claim and get it fixed.

  20. #259
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    i called honda they advise me to contact Traking world for navigation / multimedia system related issues and warranty claims.

    i contact trakking world they informed me to try to reset the system and see if it works and if it still doesnt work they will have to take out the system send it to lahore for warranty claim and get it fixed.
    and they just said all of this without having a look at your system? they think that if it can't be fixed by resetting then its broken?

  21. #260
    PakWheeler Follow
    458_Italia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    i called honda they advise me to contact Traking world for navigation / multimedia system related issues and warranty claims.

    i contact trakking world they informed me to try to reset the system and see if it works and if it still doesnt work they will have to take out the system send it to lahore for warranty claim and get it fixed.
    Bro ive mentioned in the other thread aswell, reset ur nav system. With the stylus, theres a reset switch in the GPS slot. Press n hold for a few secs. Ul b gud to go. No need to worry, insh Allah this will defntly gt it working again.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •