Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2308
Like Tree635Likes

Thread: Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club (2013)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club (2013)

Salam,

As we just recently bought a Civic 9th Gen (2013) shape and could not find its fan Club on Pakwheels.

So making one, all who own this car or want to own one are allowed to share their views, problems, pics etc of their car.

All the owners of this Latest model should share pics of their car and their views.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's just a general check up to see if all is running okay. No tuning or anything like that. Suspension nuts and bolts etc are screwed, fluid levels etc are checked. But it is necessary for validation of warranty and also in terms of confirmation that nothing is wrong. As new parts need to settle and configure to each other after when assembled.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here's what I got on a recent long route trip! Around 175 Km were done on Motorway and the rest on a highway! The speed hovered between 110 and 120 throughout the trip and the Max average I got was 16.3 km/l which persisted for a good 30 KM or so!
    I must say the average is pretty good on long routes given that it is a 1800cc car! But the avg for within city im getting is not quite good as others are getting; I get around 8km/l.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raffaytarar View Post
    Here's what I got on a recent long route trip! Around 175 Km were done on Motorway and the rest on a highway! The speed hovered between 110 and 120 throughout the trip and the Max average I got was 16.3 km/l which persisted for a good 30 KM or so!
    I must say the average is pretty good on long routes given that it is a 1800cc car! But the avg for within city im getting is not quite good as others are getting; I get around 8km/l.
    On a long route trip this is what i got Lahore-Islamabad on motorway with almost 60% AC last spring-summer: 16.1 (almost half tank for the journey)
    Before salt range it was 16.7
    Speed was 110-120 as average speed was about 100 (including salt range) if you note the time in screen bottom. Journey is 332 kilometers and time showing is 3hr-32mins
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1427560985.124672.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  142.9 KB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had gotten 17.7km/l from my brand new car from lahore - isb with full time AC.
    Now I'm getting 12.5-13km/l with AC locally. Pretty much satisfied. @MADDYBOY I had seen your reply that you are experiencing a bit jerky drive. It will smooth out after 7-8k kms. Initially engine feels very tight and jerky.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any suggestions on how to clean the dash? My dash is dusty and I don't want to use products like son of a gun as it gives the dash a disgusting looking shine. Should I just wipe the dust down with a microfibre?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i just had the tank refilled a few days ago...second time since i bought a new civic...so this was the first check of fuel economy of my car. the mileage i got was 8km/l. IMID was also showing the same. the car was driven within city with light foot with AC. Eco mode was off for most part of it. i wonder if it will improve with time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    I had gotten 17.7km/l from my brand new car from lahore - isb with full time AC.
    Now I'm getting 12.5-13km/l with AC locally. Pretty much satisfied. @MADDYBOY I had seen your reply that you are experiencing a bit jerky drive. It will smooth out after 7-8k kms. Initially engine feels very tight and jerky.

Is it a manual or prosmatec?
    Mine is Prosmatec

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immaculate_reflection View Post
    Well i just had the tank refilled a few days ago...second time since i bought a new civic...so this was the first check of fuel economy of my car. the mileage i got was 8km/l. IMID was also showing the same. the car was driven within city with light foot with AC. Eco mode was off for most part of it. i wonder if it will improve with time.
    Yes it will improve a lot after a couple of thousand kilometers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Is it a manual or prosmatec?
    Mine is Prosmatec

It's manual and pretty fuel efficient being 1800cc car. One of the very few things I like about this car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's manual and pretty fuel efficient being 1800cc car. One of the very few things I like about this car.

"Being one of the very few things you like about this car" by that statement are you referring to its comparison with 8th Gen Reborn? Because thats why I don't like it as much as i love that one. Talking about the few things to be liked, my list has following of those few things in 9th gen: Interior lights & dashboard, Better ride comfort, Fuel consumption.
    For everything else I prefer 8th gen over this model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

are you sure as it is new car and its not that much smooth as it has to be
    i have new city that car is smooth i must say that is very smooth as compared to civic
    why is this so ?
    i mean what is the point that car is very much rough and jerky
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well i hit a dog on the motorway resulting in slight damage to front bumber and loss of one fog light. went to honda motors for fixing and guess what they were charging for one left side fog light?? 18500!!!! this did not include any repair, just the fog light. was shocked!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    Any suggestions on how to clean the dash? My dash is dusty and I don't want to use products like son of a gun as it gives the dash a disgusting looking shine. Should I just wipe the dust down with a microfibre?
    Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer.
    It leaves a matte finish.

Son of a Gun would also leave a matte finish if you apply it to a MF and then clean the dash with it, if you want an even more matte finish with it, wipe off the excess with a damp MF.
    But be careful in using it as the sun here would make the dashboard turn grey if parked under direct sunlight for prolonged periods.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    The navigation system has been updated. Previous one with trouble had iGO2 sticker on the bottom lip protruding from dashboard (same side where serial number is also attached). The current one is iGO3.

I have been using it for some time now. The operating system has been updated to ICS (v4+) from Gingerbread. Now, if you shift into reverse within a certain time frame after the car is started, the display shows reverse camera feed with cropped/thick black edges on left and right sides. It is unprocessed grainy video (low quality) and doesn't seems to be coming through the android operating system. It is a hit and miss, i.e. sometimes it doesn't sense the shift and keeps loading the OS. If it starts loading the OS, you won't get the feed until the OS has fully booted just like it did previously. The quality of the video feed is still the same as the older navigation unit and the camera still points too low making it impossible to see any cars coming from the sides. The field of view still covers very limited area, unlike the previous much better camera angle in the City's navigation unit. Once you shift to D/forward gears (in manual variant), the view shifts to the front camera automatically for some time until the unit completes loading the OS.

The UI is improved in some places and same in others with regards to responsiveness. There are still useless icons and apps on the screen (My Car and other similar stuff) which have no current use. According to a representative, there will be future expansions offered later on like TPMS, etc which will be used through the currently useless apps and icons but I don't think I will be able to trust them or be comfortable letting them screw up the car's systems like they initially did with the Navigation/multimedia unit. The only two useful things are Media and Phone (Bluetooth) right now. Also, I was told that the unit must be manually switched off by pressing the rotating dial every single time before turning off ignition to prevent damage to the unit.
    nice detailed response. I would like to add that despite the upgrade there are bugs which will soon be fixed. however, i wonder why you would delay buying the car due to such a minor issue which will be fixed soon In-shaa-Allah as i was assured by a representative of the trackworld.

yes there is a slight hissing sound when the unit is on high volume with nothing on. this is strange and not good.

bottom line, do not let slight bugs in the navigation system delay you from buying a good car. they will fix it soon under warranty for free anyway. use the car and if you like it, get it.

i hope they fix the bugs fast.

regards,
    Bilal.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal.toru View Post
    well i hit a dog on the motorway resulting in slight damage to front bumber and loss of one fog light. went to honda motors for fixing and guess what they were charging for one left side fog light?? 18500!!!! this did not include any repair, just the fog light. was shocked!!!
    Get an aftermarket one. Honda imports parts from Thailand and all of them are expensive. One single rim of oriel variant costs 25600 from Honda. Yup you read that right!
    In market, u can buy brand new oem rims set in 30k or less.

What goes around, comes around!
    What goes around, comes around.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Driving pleasure and precise control over revs and gear change, of course!
    in that case use the 1,2,3,D and you will get similar control in automatic. (You can ignore the absense of control in 4th gear for no need of pressing the clutch many times in heavy traffic.)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immaculate_reflection View Post
    thanks. i am not going for a warranty claim, only scheduled inspection after a month of purchase. But this begs the next question. What if i go for a warranty claim in future they make an excuse of not coming to them for regular inspections.
    You can confirm this, but i think if you go to any honda workshop/dealer they have to fill the warranty book. That is what they will/should check for your car. If that is filled fine, there should not be any issue. it would be crazy/stupid if honda requires everyone to go to the same place from where they got their car everytime. that is just not possible.

regards,
    Bilal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    I just confirmed from the dealership that if you change the tyre size from 195/65/R15 to anything else your warranty will be void. In this specific size you can use any tyre.
    surprisingly different honda dealers will tell you different things. when i was getting my tyres 205/65/15 i expressed the same concern. guess what the tyre guy told me? he said if honda says there is an issue, just come and get some 195/65/15 tyres from me, get your warranty and then take your tyres back.

was really funny. also technically issue will only be there if the cause of the problem is your change of tyre profile and not otherwise. say your wipers stop working and you have different tyres, they can't tell you that your warranty is void. tyres have nothing to do with wipers and could not have caused that. however, if someone really wants to bug you they will, so go to some honda dealer who knows you and who you mostly go to. they will accommodate you regardless.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    Get an aftermarket one. Honda imports parts from Thailand and all of them are expensive. One single rim of oriel variant costs 25600 from Honda. Yup you read that right!
    In market, u can buy brand new oem rims set in 30k or less.

What goes around, comes around!
    yeah that's what i did. i got a pair for 8500, but surprisingly it is not the same as the original. but since i rarely ever use it, it doesn't matter much.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    "Being one of the very few things you like about this car" by that statement are you referring to its comparison with 8th Gen Reborn? Because thats why I don't like it as much as i love that one. Talking about the few things to be liked, my list has following of those few things in 9th gen: Interior lights & dashboard, Better ride comfort, Fuel consumption.
    For everything else I prefer 8th gen over this model.

Yes indeed ali. I'm comparing it with 8th gen. I miss that car whenever I'm in mood to floor the pedal to metal. That engine sound and steering response. I miss 8th gen civic.
    However 9th gen is pretty much smooth.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List