Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2308
Like Tree635Likes

Thread: Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club (2013)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 9th Gen Fan Club (2013)

Salam,

As we just recently bought a Civic 9th Gen (2013) shape and could not find its fan Club on Pakwheels.

So making one, all who own this car or want to own one are allowed to share their views, problems, pics etc of their car.

All the owners of this Latest model should share pics of their car and their views.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    Well, i have been considering it but due to a few reasons, i dropped the idea.
    Firstly, an accord in the price of a civic will be older and a bit further down its life. Secondly, its a 2.4l engine which will consume more fuel. Granted, fuel is cheap here but i intend to drive a LOT. so it WILL make some difference. Next up, maintainence of the accord will be higher and more expensive, offcourse.

Bear in mind that i am just settling down here now as i am new to uae. its been less then a year and this will be my first ever own car. So why make haste and go for the big guys? i can upgrade anytime i want!
    Ok best of Luck Bro. Civic is a nice start and may Allah grant you more in future.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well sir, i do not know in what context you are comparing the two, neither do i intent to trigger another world war of Honda vs Toyota but i would like to correct you on something here. Xli and Grande both have the same suspension setup, same chassis and 80 percent other things are also same. There is no way that Grande can be "More" comfortable then the xli just because its "heavier". Heavier is never a positive thing in car terms. Heavier translates into a slower performance and bad braking/handling. The only way you can enhance the comfort of two different varients of the same car is by giving the upper model (Grande) better seats. By better i mean totally redesigned for added comfort. even that would be a small help.

So, kindly strike down the belief that Grande is more "comfortable" just because its heavier. Its only about 70 Kgs heavy i guess? may be even less. that comes out to just Five percent more weight so which would only reduce the driving pleasure unless provisions are made to counter this added weight (which is not the case).

As for so much price difference, its majorly because of how taxation works. Tax on larger engines is much higher. hence the more price. I would say about 60% of the price difference is because of tax and the rest of 40% is due to added features like powered this n that. You can argue that these added features increase the comfort of the car but i personally believe they do not add to the 'comfort'. they do enhance your driving experience though.
    I have not compared the current gen. But there was hell of a difference when it comes to comfort between SE Saloon and Xli/Gil .
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    I have not compared the current gen. But there was hell of a difference when it comes to comfort between SE Saloon and Xli/Gil .
    Sir, with both cars having the same suspension setup, there is no way they can feel any different on road. both will react exactly the same on bumps etc. Logic dictates this, not me. May the difference was due to tire sizes that u felt se saloon are more comfy.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, with both cars having the same suspension setup, there is no way they can feel any different on road. both will react exactly the same on bumps etc. Logic dictates this, not me. May the difference was due to tire sizes that u felt se saloon are more comfy.
    Better seats, fabric, and side panels, better air conditioning, less noises in up model thus more comfy
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Better seats, fabric, and side panels, better air conditioning, less noises in up model thus more comfy
    better seats, okay. fabric or side panels wont add to comfort. Air con in even XLI is great. i am actually talking about suspension point of view...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

better seats, okay. fabric or side panels wont add to comfort. Air con in even XLI is great. i am actually talking about suspension point of view...
    Not to mention its 2015 and a PKR 2.4 Million Grande has a torsion beam. In a layman's language: both are connected via steel girder. Imagine walking with both your shoes tied together.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Not to mention its 2015 and a PKR 2.4 Million Grande has a torsion beam. In a layman's language: both are connected via steel girder. Imagine walking with both your shoes tied together.

exactly! even the indus corolla had independent suspension! civic has it since 1994!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exactly! even the indus corolla had independent suspension! civic has it since 1994!!
    Yeah i remember the rear suspension, 2 hollow round pipes with a gap between them connected to the chassis on my 1994 Corolla GL. But Indus 93-2001 was probably the last acceptable Corolla before it's death.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Yeah i remember the rear suspension, 2 hollow round pipes with a gap between them connected to the chassis on my 1994 Corolla GL. But Indus 93-2001 was probably the last acceptable Corolla before it's death.
    yup... indus corolla was the best one in the past many generations of corolla. It was the last one to ride completely stable on road at high speeds...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yup... indus corolla was the best one in the past many generations of corolla. It was the last one to ride completely stable on road at high speeds...
    New model of Corolla is more stable than civic and that too indus version which has high ride height compared to international.Try that
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the body and suspension of that corolla was designed to accommodate a heavy engine (a 1.5 at least) thats why se saloons, altis' and 2.0d saloons are bit better in stability and comfort. and for the weight doesn't make difference part should check braking on an xli and a simple 2.0d(both without abs). yeah the difference isn't much but it is at the right place(over front tyres) which means increased traction(to understand what i mean try driving a vigo at high speeds then put some weight on the deck and see how driving dynamics change.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    New model of Corolla is more stable than civic and that too indus version which has high ride height compared to international.Try that
    Wait wait wait. That's just your imagination sir.
    Owning both civic and grande, I can carefully say civic's brakes, stability is much better than this new corolla.
    Please have a look at this pic which I posted below. This is silver panel of just 2000km driven grande which is already full of scratches and FADED!
    I don't want to start a typical Corolla vs Civic war here. But fact remains same. Civic is a much better car overall.

Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Owning both civic and grande, I can carefully say civic's brakes, stability is much better than this new corolla.
    Please have a look at this pic which I posted below. This is silver panel of just 2000km driven grande which is already full of scratches and FADED!
    I don't want to start a typical Corolla vs Civic war here. But fact remains same. Civic is a much better car overall.

Relax SK bro, it's pointless
    They are right Corolla is better & it's about time that we who prefer Civics should admit we don't know anything. Love is blind.
    I in all my senses admit and confess that i love Civic despite being worse than Corolla, Corolla is a better car. Even a 2015 XLi is more stable than 2015 Civic. But i still prefer Civic.
    Therefore please: Seize fire seize fire seize fire....
    Here please have a white flag
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1430149422.300059.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  57.7 KB

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    You sir deserve a cookie

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post

Bro it varries from person to person. My grande doesnt have any faded or scratched silver penal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A WORD Of Advice for Fellow 8th and 9th gen civic owners!..Please do not take your car to honda gateway because they are the WORST dealership in Pakistan..Their instruments are outdated and mechanics seriously illiterate!..Save ur money and go to Honda Fort..It is by far the best dealership in Lahore regarding quality of Work!