Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic.....!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic.....!!!!

Hi guys.!!! hope everythings good. I think there might be a performance issue in my civic.
    Last night, i was cruising on the road at approx 40km/hr with music loud and drunk on coca cola . When out of nowhere, a corolla altis came behind me flashing HID,s and then overtook me. And then suddenly (andar ka kerra) provoked me to hit it. So, i instantly pressed the cng switch to convert it to petrol and buried the pedal. I expected that my car would instantly catch up and overtake that rolla. But that did not happen. I noticed the rolla gaining lead untill the speed of 80km/h and after that i started gaining on him. He hit the brakes and so did i behind him. Then he accelerated and again i noticed him getting away and i felt my civic was accelerating slower initially than altis and then again near speed of 80km/h i caught up his speed and started gaining on him and eventually overtook him at 125km/h.

So all the civic 8th gen owners out on pakwheels, i want to know if that is the normal performance of civic. Please note that the Altis was 2012 model and was looking completely stock. While my civic is 2008 with cng and 95,000 kms mileage and 15 inch rims which i believe are heavier and wider than the stock ones. I previously had a city 2001 model and bought this civic last month. Though it is a lot more faster and comfortable than city. so, i have a little idea of its normal performance. Your valuable comments would be appreciated.

Here is the beauty in question.
    Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141942Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141943Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141944Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141946Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141948Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141950
    None of the brave deserve fair....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur car is tunned for CNG, that is the problem, fill up the fuel and add some injector cleaner in fuel tank. this may give u some remedy.
    www.dr-tanveer.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not a "tunning" problem actually, your car has probably half or more than half of the air intake blocked due to CNG. Don't expect it to behave like a stock civic or to smoke other cars. Check the plugs and the injectors as well, probably they need cleaning. Rims you're using are heavy as well, they too cause a performance drop.

Secondly, if that altis was a 6 speed manual and you actually crossed him at 125kph, wo mazak kr rha tha, 1.6 altis actually starts taking lead on the 8th gen civic manual after 110 or 120kph (I have no idea why). Yours being slower than a normal 8th gen couldn't have taken the lead if he was really in the mood you know.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

engineers spend years slaving away to optimize engines and performance for petrol, and then people run cars on CNG and ask why its not performing???!!!?? sheesh!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro wat have you done with your civic ? you must be joking ..Altis really ? lol
    Nothing is good or bad bt your thinking makes it so

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro wat have you done with your civic ? you must be joking ...Altis really ? lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was refring to Big mama toon....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I currently own a 8th gen civic and previously owned a 09 1.8 altis ... I keep my cars on petrol only, civic is quicker than a 1.8 altis but i think that altis has more low end torque and probably thats also a factor in altis being initially a bit quicker... Waisay dnt race CNG cars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Not a "tunning" problem actually, your car has probably half or more than half of the air intake blocked due to CNG. Don't expect it to behave like a stock civic or to smoke other cars. Check the plugs and the injectors as well, probably they need cleaning. Rims you're using are heavy as well, they too cause a performance drop.

Secondly, if that altis was a 6 speed manual and you actually crossed him at 125kph, wo mazak kr rha tha, 1.6 altis actually starts taking lead on the 8th gen civic manual after 110 or 120kph (I have no idea why). Yours being slower than a normal 8th gen couldn't have taken the lead if he was really in the mood you know.
    Thanks for the comment bro... and i can assure you that na to wo mazak kar raha tha aur na ma. as soon as i crossed him he started flashing lights again. I dont believe that altis starts gaining lead after 125km/h as my car gained on him prettly quickly when i revved it higher in 3rd gear. I was trying to confirm if altis had better low end torque.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drtanveerali View Post
    ur car is tunned for CNG, that is the problem, fill up the fuel and add some injector cleaner in fuel tank. this may give u some remedy.
    Thanks for the feedback...!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hustler11 View Post
    bro wat have you done with your civic ? you must be joking ..Altis really ? lol
    Haha.... Chill bro... i eventually took the lead.. after approx 125 km/h altis had no chance. i just bolted away from him. Civic is better in performance as it was proved to me last night. hands down....!!! But Altis does have better low end torque as i experienced yesterday.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bnasir View Post
    engineers spend years slaving away to optimize engines and performance for petrol, and then people run cars on CNG and ask why its not performing???!!!?? sheesh!!
    acha sir jee... gussa toh na karein....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro wat have you done with your civic ? you must be joking ...Altis really ? lol
    Civic is faster... noone can deny that.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doc.tarzan View Post
    I currently own a 8th gen civic and previously owned a 09 1.8 altis ... I keep my cars on petrol only, civic is quicker than a 1.8 altis but i think that altis has more low end torque and probably thats also a factor in altis being initially a bit quicker... Waisay dnt race CNG cars
    Thanks for your valuable feedback bro. All you said is true. I just wanted to know if the performance of my car satisfactory considering the factors i stated ? cng, rims etc ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get you car tunned by 3s . cng has fukuped you car
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see ur from sahiwal get it checked from motor care behind wateen office . whereabouts u from in sahiwal

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was refring to Big mama toon....
    Maine b pehle yahi kaha tha

I am not a fanboy or anything, no LOVER for brands or daily driven cars, nothing wrong with MY civic either. Doesn't matter here which one is faster, you can always borrow a MT altis 1.6 and race it against your civic, you'll know for your own sacred self. Adios.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadkhangul View Post
    Thanks for the comment bro... and i can assure you that na to wo mazak kar raha tha aur na ma. as soon as i crossed him he started flashing lights again. I dont believe that altis starts gaining lead after 125km/h as my car gained on him prettly quickly when i revved it higher in 3rd gear. I was trying to confirm if altis had better low end torque.
    You're welcome indeed

Again, its not the point which one's faster, but still as you're the OP and you said that, your car is 2008, CNGed and didn't accelerate as per your expectations, how did you suppose the altis driver wasn't flooring it properly in the appropriate gear when you suddenly started catching him @ 125kph? If anything at all, with that kinda performance from your R18, altis was supposed to be at least neck to neck with your car, right?

Please, just some experience of mine, and a little knowledge, a coool discussion, don't turn it into fan boy wars, don't challenge me on drag races with YOUR civic and MY altis, daily driven cars hain, I would prefer a M sports automatic 550i for racing purpose

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    You're welcome indeed

Again, its not the point which one's faster, but still as you're the OP and you said that, your car is 2008, CNGed and didn't accelerate as per your expectations, how did you suppose the altis driver wasn't flooring it properly in the appropriate gear when you suddenly started catching him @ 125kph? If anything at all, with that kinda performance from your R18, altis was supposed to be at least neck to neck with your car, right?

Please, just some experience of mine, and a little knowledge, a coool discussion, don't turn it into fan boy wars, don't challenge me on drag races with YOUR civic and MY altis, daily driven cars hain, I would prefer a M sports automatic 550i for racing purpose
    Thanks for a peaceful reply. People usually start a war over brands on this issue. That altis was accelerating faster on lower speeds, and gaining lead but at 80km/h it stopped gaining lead and i started gaining on it and then eventually overtook it. I never said that i suddenly overtook it. I,m not saying that my car did not perform well, i,m just asking people if that performance is normal ? is it supposed to be that way considering rims,cng etc ? That was just a one time experience. I would know better with another run with altis. Now definitely gonna find someone close with altis . Only then i can be sure of anything.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzadmansoor View Post
    I see ur from sahiwal get it checked from motor care behind wateen office . whereabouts u from in sahiwal

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for suggestion bro. I once went there when i had city. Though i,m not saying that my car did not perform well as it eventually overtook it. I,m just asking other owners of altis and civic if that kind of performance in low speeds is normal considering cng,rims etc. I live in Pak Avenue in sahiwal near shadman town and kot khadam ali shah. are you from sahiwal too ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List