Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic.....!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic.....!!!!

Hi guys.!!! hope everythings good. I think there might be a performance issue in my civic.
    Last night, i was cruising on the road at approx 40km/hr with music loud and drunk on coca cola . When out of nowhere, a corolla altis came behind me flashing HID,s and then overtook me. And then suddenly (andar ka kerra) provoked me to hit it. So, i instantly pressed the cng switch to convert it to petrol and buried the pedal. I expected that my car would instantly catch up and overtake that rolla. But that did not happen. I noticed the rolla gaining lead untill the speed of 80km/h and after that i started gaining on him. He hit the brakes and so did i behind him. Then he accelerated and again i noticed him getting away and i felt my civic was accelerating slower initially than altis and then again near speed of 80km/h i caught up his speed and started gaining on him and eventually overtook him at 125km/h.

So all the civic 8th gen owners out on pakwheels, i want to know if that is the normal performance of civic. Please note that the Altis was 2012 model and was looking completely stock. While my civic is 2008 with cng and 95,000 kms mileage and 15 inch rims which i believe are heavier and wider than the stock ones. I previously had a city 2001 model and bought this civic last month. Though it is a lot more faster and comfortable than city. so, i have a little idea of its normal performance. Your valuable comments would be appreciated.

Here is the beauty in question.
    Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141942Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141943Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141944Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141946Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141948Possible Performance issue in 8th gen civic!!!! -1141950
    None of the brave deserve fair....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDevil View Post
    One question. Is your civic auto or manual?
    manual.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I’ve got an update on my civic guys...!!!!

Today in the morning i opened my air filter box and was disappointed to see half the air blocked by taping. So, i immediately removed it and decided to get it tuned today.

So took my car to Honda pit stop sahiwal. I got it tuned there. Tuning included cleaning plugs (was happy to see iridiums there), cleaning the throttle plate which was really dirty and I mean really really dirty..!!! Tappet adjustment and then finally a tune-up using Honda diagnostic module hooked up to pc. When the throttle body was opened, I noticed that there were cracks in the hose where cng venture is installed, some air was definitely leaking so got that fixed too and no air blockage was installed and the car performed and idled fine on cng.

Although he charged me 2000rs for the tuning (I was a bit shocked to hear that charge as the same people charged 700rs from me for tuning of city on which I believe more work was used to be done. Anyways, another lesson learned to always ask the price before getting any work done. Please do tell if the price that he charged was reasonable or not).

Getting back to the car, I noticed a reasonable improvement in performance. Then in the morning I noticed that there were no weights on the rims, which meant that the rims were not balanced so got them balanced after tuning.

Then it was time to test it. Called my cousin if he was free for a friendly run and he agreed. He has stock civic 9th gen. Then it was ShowTimeJ. I was really surprised on the results…!!! I almost kept up with him the whole time…!!! Though he was in lead the whole time. At approx 100km/h I was one car distance behind him. And near 140km/h, I was nearly 2 cars distance behind. I think the results were pretty good, and now I accept that I shifted badly in the run with altis but I did good now and I understand my car better now. If I remove cng and those fugly rims, I think I might keep up with him nose to nose.

I really regret not taking any single photo of today’s happenings as I was obsessed with the performance of my car. I,m really sorry.

Thanks to all the brothers for their valuable suggestions and comments, I really mean a lot to me. I will not run my car with any altis or any other car now as I’m sure that my car is good and it fulfills my expectations. I don't have to prove anything. In the end, it’s just a family car not some sports car. Racing is a dangerous thing and can take valuable lives. Leave it to the professionals. Stay Safe brothers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

will check tomorrow
    I live in my own little world.
    But its ok, they know me here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadkhangul View Post
    I’ve got an update on my civic guys...!!!!

At approx 100km/h I was one car distance behind him. And near 140km/h, I was nearly 2 cars distance behind.
    drive safe bro, n where did you race, i think in sahiwal, there is no safe track for racing. n please pm the price u paid for this beauty.
    I live in my own little world.
    But its ok, they know me here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by palm View Post
    drive safe bro, n where did you race, i think in sahiwal, there is no safe track for racing. n please pm the price u paid for this beauty.
    Yup, there is no safe road in sahiwal. Raced on highway road to multan. Bought it for 13.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadkhangul View Post
    I?ve got an update on my civic guys...!!!!

Today in the morning i opened my air filter box and was disappointed to see half the air blocked by taping. So, i immediately removed it and decided to get it tuned today.

So took my car to Honda pit stop sahiwal. I got it tuned there. Tuning included cleaning plugs (was happy to see iridiums there), cleaning the throttle plate which was really dirty and I mean really really dirty..!!! Tappet adjustment and then finally a tune-up using Honda diagnostic module hooked up to pc. When the throttle body was opened, I noticed that there were cracks in the hose where cng venture is installed, some air was definitely leaking so got that fixed too and no air blockage was installed and the car performed and idled fine on cng.

Although he charged me 2000rs for the tuning (I was a bit shocked to hear that charge as the same people charged 700rs from me for tuning of city on which I believe more work was used to be done. Anyways, another lesson learned to always ask the price before getting any work done. Please do tell if the price that he charged was reasonable or not).

Getting back to the car, I noticed a reasonable improvement in performance. Then in the morning I noticed that there were no weights on the rims, which meant that the rims were not balanced so got them balanced after tuning.

Then it was time to test it. Called my cousin if he was free for a friendly run and he agreed. He has stock civic 9th gen. Then it was ShowTimeJ. I was really surprised on the results?!!! I almost kept up with him the whole time?!!! Though he was in lead the whole time. At approx 100km/h I was one car distance behind him. And near 140km/h, I was nearly 2 cars distance behind. I think the results were pretty good, and now I accept that I shifted badly in the run with altis but I did good now and I understand my car better now. If I remove cng and those fugly rims, I think I might keep up with him nose to nose.

I really regret not taking any single photo of today?s happenings as I was obsessed with the performance of my car. I,m really sorry.

Thanks to all the brothers for their valuable suggestions and comments, I really mean a lot to me. I will not run my car with any altis or any other car now as I?m sure that my car is good and it fulfills my expectations. I don't have to prove anything. In the end, it?s just a family car not some sports car. Racing is a dangerous thing and can take valuable lives. Leave it to the professionals. Stay Safe brothers.

told u its way better
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List