Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap

    AOA guys, hope you all will be doing great

    I have a civic 95 EX with its origional carby D15 engine. The engine is in perfect condition. but its not giving me a good fuel milage. I used to run it on CNG but then the CNG kit was removed and not it runs only on petrol. i want to swap the carby engine with an EFI one. I have certain queries, if anyone can answer them.

    1) Is a D15 VTEC more fuel efficient than D15 carby.

    2) Is it wise to swap the engine with VTEC one.

    3) Any other better swap option than D15 VTEC

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    AOA guys, hope you all will be doing great

    I have a civic 95 EXI with its origional carby D15 engine. The engine is in perfect condition. but its not giving me a good fuel milage. I used to run it on CNG but then the CNG kit was removed and not it runs only on petrol. i want to swap the carby engine with an EFI one. I have certain queries, if anyone can answer them.

    1) Is a D15 VTEC more fuel efficient than D15 carby.

    2) Is it wise to swap the engine with VTEC one.

    3) Any other better swap option than D15 VTEC

    Thanks in advance
    1- Yes.

    2- I swapped it in my Honda Civic 95, and i'm satisfied with the power, economy and drive.

    3- No idea.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    And your car must be EX not EXI
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    1- Yes.

    2- I swapped it in my Honda Civic 95, and i'm satisfied with the power, economy and drive.

    3- No idea.
    Ok thats nice. can you please tell me how can we differentiate between a 3 stage vtec and single vtec physically? is it mentioned on the engine?

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    And your car must be EX not EXI
    Yes EX. Thanks for correction

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    Ok thats nice. can you please tell me how can we differentiate between a 3 stage vtec and single vtec physically? is it mentioned on the engine?
    Sorry no idea of that. I guess third stage has three solonoids and single stage has one solonoid (not sure though)
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    Sorry no idea of that. I guess third stage has three solonoids and single stage has one solonoid (not sure though)
    That is a purely technical thing. Its doesnot have 3 solenoids. but infact it has combined qualities of VTEC and VTEC-E. It is also known as dual VTEC. my question was, how can i differentiate it physically?

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    That is a purely technical thing. Its doesnot have 3 solenoids. but infact it has combined qualities of VTEC and VTEC-E. It is also known as dual VTEC. my question was, how can i differentiate it physically?
    I was also talking about physical condition. Here's dual vtec

    Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap - 13830d1261431475 ned help regarding d15b dscn2205


    See the red box.

    Here's the single vtec:

    Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap - DSC04500Medium

    Look at the left top corner of tappet cover single solonoid ( that's what it is called i guess)
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    I was also talking about physical condition. Here's dual vtec

    Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap - 13830d1261431475 ned help regarding d15b dscn2205


    See the red box.

    Here's the single vtec:

    Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap - DSC04500Medium

    Look at the left top corner of tappet cover single solonoid ( that's what it is called i guess)
    oh yes, i got it now. Thanks alot for ur help.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    oh yes, i got it now. Thanks alot for ur help.
    I'm glad that I'm able to help
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    born_2b_wild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i swapped this engine in my hyundai excel..loved it..
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    Muhammadqasimkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro go for d15 dual vtec,its like a master of both worlds i.e economy and performance,,,,but please do buy a proper ecu with it, otherwise it will b of no use and will create a no of problems and finding these proper manual ecus is a hectic job,and are very rare to find,otherwise go wih single vtec
    Sorry for out of topic question @zia bahi or any other civic 95 owner,what transmission do v have in pkdm civics s20 a000 or b000?yhnx in advance

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ok now i am motivated to swap this engine.

    Do you guys have any idea, how much would my Carby engine sell for and how much a 3 stage vtec would cost?

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Badpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,435
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @poster
    Bro Carby is a bit old technology, better swap a D15b 3 stage vtec with manual trans , manual ecu p2j003 along with uncut wiring
    U will be more than happy with its performance if ur lucky to get hands on a mint condition setup
    As long as physical difference is concerned , the typical 3 stage vtec's in market have
    - RC with HONDA written on it
    - 2 vtec solenoids attached as mentioned above
    - has a big bore IM compared to single vtec
    - EGR right on top of the vtec solenoids
    LIVE 4 NOTHING .........................BUT DIE 4 SOMETHING

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badpigs View Post
    @poster
    Bro Carby is a bit old technology, better swap a D15b 3 stage vtec with manual trans , manual ecu p2j003 along with uncut wiring
    U will be more than happy with its performance if ur lucky to get hands on a mint condition setup
    As long as physical difference is concerned , the typical 3 stage vtec's in market have
    - RC with HONDA written on it
    - 2 vtec solenoids attached as mentioned above
    - has a big bore IM compared to single vtec
    - EGR right on top of the vtec solenoids
    Thanks for ur reply.

    my car has manual transmission. Do i need to swap the transmission as well or will it work with the existing?

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badpigs View Post
    @poster
    Bro Carby is a bit old technology, better swap a D15b 3 stage vtec with manual trans , manual ecu p2j003 along with uncut wiring
    U will be more than happy with its performance if ur lucky to get hands on a mint condition setup
    As long as physical difference is concerned , the typical 3 stage vtec's in market have
    - RC with HONDA written on it
    - 2 vtec solenoids attached as mentioned above
    - has a big bore IM compared to single vtec
    - EGR right on top of the vtec solenoids
    and can you please elaborate what RC, IM and EGR are? sorry for being a noob here.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Muhammadqasimkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Badpigs is this egr valve can be disconected,or can be removed from dual vtec without affecting engines operation and badpigs do answer my transmission question as well mentioned above thnx @misteek if ur present carby engine iz in gud condition,put it on sale here on pw,otherwise mechanics will not buy it for above 10k

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Badpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,435
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    Thanks for ur reply.

    my car has manual transmission. Do i need to swap the transmission as well or will it work with the existing?
    U should change the trans aswell as Efi variant setups had different gear ratios , if ur looking for better fuel average then u need longer ratios (for instance s40 transmission code) the tranny usually found with 3 stage vtecs

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    and can you please elaborate what RC, IM and EGR are? sorry for being a noob here.
    RC rocker cover/tappet cover/top cover of the engine head on which Honda or Vtec is written
    IM- Intake manifold
    EGR- exhaust gas regulator
    Srry for the hassle

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammadqasimkhan View Post
    @Badpigs is this egr valve can be disconected,or can be removed from dual vtec without affecting engines operation and badpigs do answer my transmission question as well mentioned above thnx @misteek if ur present carby engine iz in gud condition,put it on sale here on pw,otherwise mechanics will not buy it for above 10k
    Why do u want to remove it , the ones that hooked it up had a logic behind it
    and yes the poster should sell his setup to someone else (an individual) instead of exchanging it with the new setup , they take it for 10k max as scrap
    LIVE 4 NOTHING .........................BUT DIE 4 SOMETHING

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thankyou so much for your kind replies. i will visit the market and see if i could easily find a clean setup.

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    supraman2jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    *Rocker cover

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •