Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Query: Civic 95, D15b vtec engine swap

    AOA guys, hope you all will be doing great

    I have a civic 95 EX with its origional carby D15 engine. The engine is in perfect condition. but its not giving me a good fuel milage. I used to run it on CNG but then the CNG kit was removed and not it runs only on petrol. i want to swap the carby engine with an EFI one. I have certain queries, if anyone can answer them.

    1) Is a D15 VTEC more fuel efficient than D15 carby.

    2) Is it wise to swap the engine with VTEC one.

    3) Any other better swap option than D15 VTEC

    Thanks in advance

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    Qazi61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    swap a d15y3 non-vtec for economy. d15b wont bring gud ecconomy!

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qazi61 View Post
    swap a d15y3 non-vtec for economy. d15b wont bring gud ecconomy!
    do u have any idea what engine model 95 civic EX comes with? mine is already non vtec carby. is it d15y3?

    and why this specific engine when all are recommending D15b?

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Badpigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,435
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^corrected
    typing mistake
    LIVE 4 NOTHING .........................BUT DIE 4 SOMETHING

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    Qazi61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    do u have any idea what engine model 95 civic EX comes with? mine is already non vtec carby. is it d15y3?

    and why this specific engine when all are recommending D15b?
    ur civic has the d15b3 carby. and yes the d15b has slightly better economy than d15y3.
    but d15b is old engine while y3 coming with 2001-6 civic exi are slighly new.

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qazi61 View Post
    ur civic has the d15b3 carby. and yes the d15b has slightly better economy than d15y3.
    but d15b is old engine while y3 coming with 2001-6 civic exi are slighly new.
    so do u recommend d15y3 over d15 b? should i go for it?

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    Qazi61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    so do u recommend d15y3 over d15 b? should i go for it?
    well its ur choice bro. hard 2 find d15b in clean condition. although d15b is fast .

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    misteek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can you guys help me in buying a good condition. what points do i need to keep in mind while searching for one. how can i find out if the engine is in good condition or not. I have never bought an engine before.

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    4rukh1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hi i have bought a honda civic 94 balck 2 weeks before went to bilal gunj for the search of d15b 3 stage vtec also known s dual vtec i also bring my mechanic along with me and gies my car was on a carborator engine so i have to find the exact ecu p2j 003 for the manual d15b..so after visiting 5 to 6 shops my mecanic has found 1 which is almost 20000 km useds its 3 stage with 2 solinoids on the top shop keeper was asking for 65k final with manaul gear compressor power pump wiring ang ecu which is not 003 it is p2j but not 003 so i neglect the experiance on my mec and told him to leave .then the shop keeper says put engine in the car i will bring the electrition and that is my headache to give u ll te sensors and vtec in working postion other wise i wiil retuen all the money along with all mazdori..we greed we swap the carborater 1 with the vtec 1 n gies hast la vista baby my car is a rocket i am doing 150km/h on the 3rd gear 4th nd 5t is behind lol i love d15b 3 stge vtec on petrol no cng.

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    4rukh1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    oh yes forget 1 thing we buy this dual vtec for 63 thousand n gave our carborater 1 for 10 thousand ur engine is good or bad price will be 10 thousand.....

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherry21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear All i also have a civic 95 with its original engine. can anyone tell me which engine to swap??
    from where in islamabad i can get that engine??
    how much will it cost??
    any other good suggestion
    plz help

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    paracha.ishaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4rukh1983 View Post
    hi i have bought a honda civic 94 balck 2 weeks before went to bilal gunj for the search of d15b 3 stage vtec also known s dual vtec i also bring my mechanic along with me and gies my car was on a carborator engine so i have to find the exact ecu p2j 003 for the manual d15b..so after visiting 5 to 6 shops my mecanic has found 1 which is almost 20000 km useds its 3 stage with 2 solinoids on the top shop keeper was asking for 65k final with manaul gear compressor power pump wiring ang ecu which is not 003 it is p2j but not 003 so i neglect the experiance on my mec and told him to leave .then the shop keeper says put engine in the car i will bring the electrition and that is my headache to give u ll te sensors and vtec in working postion other wise i wiil retuen all the money along with all mazdori..we greed we swap the carborater 1 with the vtec 1 n gies hast la vista baby my car is a rocket i am doing 150km/h on the 3rd gear 4th nd 5t is behind lol i love d15b 3 stge vtec on petrol no cng.
    What is the fuel average you are getting with d15b 3 stage Vtec ? in city with and with out ac and on highway with and without ac ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •