Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default my experience with civic hybrid

Got myself a civic hybrid few days back and here is what i have experienced

i have been driving civic hybrid for last few days and i cant get above 15 km/l average??? i am amazed and believe me I've not driven hard, how some people can get 23+ mileage with the type of setup Honda has, max it can give me which i have calculated is like 18 something on highway at a steady speed.

secondly please clear one thing out that it needs fuel all the time except for auto stop and can run on battery on flat road for a km or so at 1.2*1000 rpm because battery is not powerful enough to run the entire car for longer periods (motor is small only like 20 hp)

thirdly i cant gulp what Prius has to offer running a car on battery for some time and then charging it for some time by running the engine is like a Ponzi scheme to me because the law of thermodynamics don't support the process as suggested by Prius

As for my experience i was not delusional enough to think this car would ever give some thing above 20 Km/l, and i must say i am highly impressed at what it does and how it does it, the whole beauty of this car is not mileage but the stealth look where you actually blend in and don't appear to be screaming your lungs out by buying other odd shaped vehicles such as the one discussed above. i have a manual local made reborn as well, but the level of detail in the UK import is mind boggling,

Something for future buyers of civic hybrid
    As for the future buyer of civic hybrid i have some suggestions

1) The Hybrid technology of IMA in civic is mainly to boost engine performance, and yes it gives you better mileage than other 1.3 L cars but the numbers are not roof shattering "KEEP THIS IN YOUR MIND BEFORE BUYING ANY HYBRID VEHICLE". No matter what the dealers or sellers or anyone says, there is no such thing as easy money.

2) Ride of this vehicle is exactly like the local car as most of the parts are same, but number of security and luxury features are 10 times, which make driving it safer and more fun than local cars, as for me i would still prefer the local even with its pathetic fuel economy, for reference my reborn gives me 10-12 Km/l max and its 40000 driven and what ever is maintained is maintained by Honda

3) Main reason i would go for a Mehran rather than a Prius is because of the exterior and interior parts which are either not available or very costly, along with the fact i like my hybrid fuel saving car to be clandestine rather than a megaphone.

Bottom line is i like the car i was familiar with the way civic works and am profoundly satisfied with what I've got and once again don't buy it only because someone told you it's going to give you above 20 average

let the power of youth explode

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree with u . people say that hybrid gives 27 29 km/l. but mostley with medium foot it gives around 20 to 24 max local i have a prius hybrid . its battery is much stronger than civic due its generator . the car gets charged while braking . parts are expensive but prius ride comfort features are way to good then any local compared to corolla as have one . i was amazed to see few days backs prius spare parts in sultan ki kho in many shops they may get cheap later on ....

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i hope they get cheaper for the sake of all those who have bought these cars. And i do hope people buy more Prius so that parts become available in lower than usual prices, same thing happened with vitz
    as for mileage Prius would give more, because the motor is heavy duty when compared to puny little one of Honda.
    But the IMA in honda makes the acceleration faster using battery for boost untill engine generates enough torque to meet the scale, this does not mean it is faster than Prius because its insane to compare engine outputs of 1.3 L with 20 HP Motor to 1.8 L with 70+ HP Motor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    Got myself a civic hybrid few days back and here is what i have experienced

i have been driving civic hybrid for last few days and i cant get above 15 km/l average??? i am amazed and believe me I've not driven hard, how some people can get 23+ mileage with the type of setup Honda has, max it can give me which i have calculated is like 18 something on highway at a steady speed.

secondly please clear one thing out that it needs fuel all the time except for auto stop and can run on battery on flat road for a km or so at 1.2*1000 rpm because battery is not powerful enough to run the entire car for longer periods (motor is small only like 20 hp)

thirdly i cant gulp what Prius has to offer running a car on battery for some time and then charging it for some time by running the engine is like a Ponzi scheme to me because the law of thermodynamics don't support the process as suggested by Prius

As for my experience i was not delusional enough to think this car would ever give some thing above 20 Km/l, and i must say i am highly impressed at what it does and how it does it, the whole beauty of this car is not mileage but the stealth look where you actually blend in and don't appear to be screaming your lungs out by buying other odd shaped vehicles such as the one discussed above. i have a manual local made reborn as well, but the level of detail in the UK import is mind boggling,

Something for future buyers of civic hybrid
    As for the future buyer of civic hybrid i have some suggestions

1) The Hybrid technology of IMA in civic is mainly to boost engine performance, and yes it gives you better mileage than other 1.3 L cars but the numbers are not roof shattering "KEEP THIS IN YOUR MIND BEFORE BUYING ANY HYBRID VEHICLE". No matter what the dealers or sellers or anyone says, there is no such thing as easy money.

2) Ride of this vehicle is exactly like the local car as most of the parts are same, but number of security and luxury features are 10 times, which make driving it safer and more fun than local cars, as for me i would still prefer the local even with its pathetic fuel economy, for reference my reborn gives me 10-12 Km/l max and its 40000 driven and what ever is maintained is maintained by Honda

3) Main reason i would go for a Mehran rather than a Prius is because of the exterior and interior parts which are either not available or very costly, along with the fact i like my hybrid fuel saving car to be clandestine rather than a megaphone.

Bottom line is i like the car i was familiar with the way civic works and am profoundly satisfied with what I've got and once again don't buy it only because someone told you it's going to give you above 20 average
    Bro thx for the info...

I need little more details for Hybrid cars to minimize false statements...

when u start I am sure it use Fuel...It cant be started on batteries
    @ wht km it goes on batteries & @ wht rpm.
    I heard some says that upto 60 km u can drive @ battery after that it will auto switch to fuel..is this true ...not then share yr experience.
    Wht if u use ac on batteries ..
    Wht abt battery life..
    If some 1 want to cut off battery can he do it...so that car only run on fuel

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by d3vil View Post
    Bro thx for the info...

I need little more details for Hybrid cars to minimize false statements...

when u start I am sure it use Fuel...It cant be started on batteries
    @ wht km it goes on batteries & @ wht rpm.
    I heard some says that upto 60 km u can drive @ battery after that it will auto switch to fuel..is this true ...not then share yr experience.
    Wht if u use ac on batteries ..
    Wht abt battery life..
    If some 1 want to cut off battery can he do it...so that car only run on fuel
    Thanks for your interest
    1) civic hybrid cars never run on batteries purely, if you're looking for that, better consider Prius. But then again I am not in favour of hybrid concept as proposed by Toyota. The reason being the law of thermodynamic state that you can never get more or equivalent to what you put in. Hence power consumed by batteries to charge would always be greater than the power batteries provide. In simple words it's just a marketing gimmick. I would also like to state that regenerative braking provides very less power hence would be useless at charging huge Prius batteries.
    2) Both cars start on batteries, Prius runs on batteries for certain miles and once juice runs out converts to petrol seamlessly. Civic hybrid starts on batteries runs on petrol and batteries are only used during auto stop. Batteries are also used in civic hybrid to give a boost in torque in limited amount.

3) Ac can run on both on batteries but I would suggest not to do so. These vehicles are for economy not speed and luxury.

4) I highly doubt one can cut off batteries and run on petrol only but I'll leave that for an expert.

One advice speed is not important to run Prius on batteries but how you drive hence 60km/h is irrelevant but rpm is what defines whether or not car would run on batteries

As for battery life, I have not seen many hybrid cars with battery issues it was rather more prominent in older model Prius, in my opinion civic hybrid is less likely to have battery issues because of it's less dependence on them.

I hope the answer was satisfactory

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my experience with civic hybrid -1171822

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    my experience with civic hybrid -1171822
    According to Google 44 mpg is 18 kpl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

shared for prices and different trim levels..for Honda.

Turbo Hybrid http://web.vw.com/hybrid/jetta/#!/ With regenerative braking, every time you
    apply the brakes, energy is sent back to the battery to recharge it. Is somehting very promising ( 42/48MPG) and turbo enginecpower. Took some shots at auto show.

I own gasoline Jetta though.

my experience with civic hybrid -1171861my experience with civic hybrid -1171862my experience with civic hybrid -1171863my experience with civic hybrid -1171864my experience with civic hybrid -1171865my experience with civic hybrid -1171866my experience with civic hybrid -1171867

According to Google 44 mpg is 18 kpl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your interest

2) Both cars start on batteries, Prius runs on batteries for certain miles and once juice runs out converts to petrol seamlessly. Civic hybrid starts on batteries runs on petrol and batteries are only used during auto stop. Batteries are also used in civic hybrid to give a boost in torque in limited amount.
    Bro thx for detail reply... Its mean Prius is more reliable & featured then civic...? As on ISB highway & traffic average speed is 60km now a days so one can not run ACs. its mean useless ..

Wht other feature u r getting comparing any 1.5 local or JDM non hybrid...?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=fazalwahab11375;3836087]shared for prices and different trim levels..for Honda.

Turbo Hybrid http://web.vw.com/hybrid/jetta/#!/ With regenerative braking, every time you
    apply the brakes, energy is sent back to the battery to recharge it. Is somehting very promising ( 42/48MPG) and turbo enginecpower. Took some shots at auto show.

UOTE]

Not happy after @syd experience...

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=d3vil;3836237]
    Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    shared for prices and different trim levels..for Honda.

UOTE]

Not happy after @syd experience...
    final results are in and civic hybrid was very impressive on motorway the results i had are as under

1) 7 km from johar town to thokar at urban speed with 5.3l/100 km which translates to 18.9 km/l, then motorway to millat tractors 30 km at 4.3 l/100 km which is like 23 km/l but this is something impossible because on motorway the speed is set to 50-60 on cruise.

2) when driven at a normal speed within city + out of city+ ac on + ac off that is driving at a normal routine 5.6l/ 100 km which is like 17 km/l

as for pics i'll upload tomorrow

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro still waiting for the pictures :-) which year is your civic. I'm quite interested in this car and have a couple of questions :

1. How good is the acceleration and does the car feel underpowered? I have read its 113 bhp but a dealer told me it's very slow

2. Does the Ac work when you are standing still e.g on a traffic signal.

I did drive the car for a very short distance but noted Ac only turned on when car was moving.

Thanks

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The saying,"Khoda pahar nikla choha" strikes again for all Hybrid owners.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqs29 View Post
    The saying,"Khoda pahar nikla choha" strikes again for all Hybrid owners.
    How's that bro

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List