Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Does CIviC REBORN 2011 Swings With AIR like Honda CIty Does on MOtorway???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Does CIviC REBORN 2011 Swings With AIR like Honda CIty Does on MOtorway???

Does CIviC REBORN 2011 Swings With AIR like Honda CIty Does on MOtorway???
    I travel alot on motorway so i want a car with high road grip and on which air does not effect??
    I had a corolla 09,,, it was very awsom on motorway!!
    then bought city 10,,, it was bad on motorway... when u cross a truck,, ur car swings :@
    now planing to buy 2011 reborn?? ANY SuGGESTiOnS PLZ????????
    THANx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    actually prob he ye ha tumhari pack ho gai
    1st u bought in white ,keera tang kiya usy becha silver li n ab tumhy phr takleef ha k no my decision was wrong n white is better then silver
    dil ko behlany k liye har jaga silver silver likhty ho
    this is the reality
    yar huzaifaa bahoot ALAAA LOLX
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1 View Post
    Respect your knowledge a lot but Kuch Nahin hota even to JDM cars if kept properly. Everything can be maintained and repaired to factory standards.

If people can mantain S class's in this country then well premio tou phir premio hai.
    @ahmadbila about mentioning corolla, yes I'd mention it, drive an axio or a fielder for grip.

Waise I have a Cow and an idsi at home; I wonder how u find it stable...the corolla no matter how bad it is; still has better grip than the little city.
    YAR premio is a good car , but it has a very very shitty shape , none of my girl friends likes it , and passes bad comments abt it , n when talk abt civic , all t happy with black colour , one thing more majority of ppl like sunroof,s .....toyota never offered sunroof in premio coz of safety (premio cant be safe with sunroof) , and brakes and stability of civic 2006-2012 are better then premio even aerodynamics are much better .
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Wow.. Your corolla rocks then. I doubt my judgement, even though I own a city since 10 years and a corolla since 5, City at 220k kms on the ODO and the corolla with 180k... Difference of opinion is the beauty of this world...

FYI... My City runs on 195/60/R15. I can't feel it going above 120kph whereas corolla shouts and tells everyone in the cabin when its pushed past 100 kph... On a normal road I mean... Not motorway.

Moreover, I can't figure out a way of how your car goes above 160. Mine was just 2k driven when I tried pushing it hard but it won't go above 160, the needle seemed stuck.

I gave up, because it wasn't possible driving it at those speeds for long, moreover an exhaust of adrenaline in my opinion since you know its not gonna stop if something pops in front of you in a corolla. Again, your machine rocks. Mine sucks I think.

And I have no idea of how a stiffer suspension may account for a worse handling and road grip...!

May be you have your own ways of looking at things and rest of the wheeler community has their own. Because all I have heard and seen with my senses in this world is a sports suspension means road grip and its ALWAYS stiffer... Not soft.

10th Gen Corolla is a big jhoola, I owned once, didn't like it, sold it. Just because I could rarely feel it responding to my commands from inside the cockpit, all you can feel is moving, owing to the fact that you are looking at ground moving under you with immense speed.

What you wonder is correct, but what I wonder can't be classified as wrong either: Why do we always look at people as if they're all the same? No offense meant of course!

Just FYI, I own civics, a corolla, an idsi city, an ivtec city and whatever I post here is based upon MY OWN judgment and personal expertise with the machines over time. I don't like bragging a lot but still, you looked at my posts otherwise.

P.S: No civic vs altis, No JDM vs PKDM. Both comparisons suck, aren't meant to be and have been discussed TOO many times to be interesting anymore.

In the end you win...happy? .

All people must be idiots that tehy buy 40000 corollas a year and 6000 city's since the corollas has no grip, loud noise etc.

Chill out man; this isn't a race; city is sold in hardly 4 countries; corolla is one of the best selling car in the world, even if Pakistanis are not wise, the whole world cannot be stupid can it?

The weight of a vehicle comes into play at high speeds and no doubt city is a light weight car.

P.S. I have moved on from these stupid local machines now; even the civic from the day I have owned a JDM vehicle and my porch is soon going to be all JDM.
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RollOnBigMaMa. Jayy Deeeee Emmmm
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am talking about an old shape 9th gen corolla running on 195/65/r15 tyres.

My idsi runs on 18564r14 tyres.

In no way is the city more stable atleast from experience since I have both at home have driven each car over 50k kms.

On motorway also taken both the corolla is more stable its larger and has pathetic but better than city grip.

As for taking it to 180, it would go to easily on petrol stock condition.

Have taken mine to 170 on petrol btw.

City is light weight and fragile; new city well again has very stiff suspension and less road grip compared to a 10th gen corolla.

I wonder why on PW we always debate what we have is better, no offence meant .

Since I had both I gave my input; despite being a Toyota fan I'd choose a civic over an Altis because its better simple!

The JDM cars are a different league; start driving one and trust me ull start hating ur city , happened to me too.

They have quality, proper road grip, weight ratio.

Brakes; suspension engine everything is different for JDM corollas; the drive even beat the civic let alone the city or corolla.
    my idsi runs on exactly the same tire size as urs. i have yokohama soft tires may be thats what changes the ride. i drive to lahore far too often and many times, i drive at 140 or a bit more (on cng and ac) with a coke in one hand, the other hand on the steering wheel and elbow on the hand rest. now thats not safe but i travel at odd times n traffic on m2 is not heavy at all so its kinda alright. my point is, even with 1 hand off and relatively high speed, i never feel panicked. what else could u ask for from a tiny little honda with high center of gravity? trust me i m not one of those guys who just blindly love their cars no matter what! im not! i ve always hated the not-so-good performance of idsi due to 8 valves and its brakes too. but whats true is true. corolla 9th gen, i ve driven extensively. (never owned, never will hopefully ) and i NEVER felt it to be any better then my own car. only a little bit more powerful at times. the driving postion of 9th gen sucks. brakes are too sticky and u never get any 'pleasure' or that 'smooth' feeling u get from a city. a corolla is just a vehicle that will get u from point A to point B. nothing less, nothing more (specially 9th gen)

as for road grip. it depends on how u define road grip. a universal law is that higher the car, lesser the road grip. n we all know one can almost drive a CJ7 below a corolla without even scratching the exhaust pipe. laws of physics suggest that corolla SHOULD be less stable. Hondas on the other hand, ride must lower. top speed i ve achieve on my car (with engine half busted) was about 175km/h and could do 185 i guess. but im too frightened to drive that fast in a small car. i ve promised myself i ll never go above 150 again.

city is lightweight for sure, but fragile? mine has 272k kms n is still not falling apart. isnt that disappointing?
    as for jdm cars, yes. they are definitely much better. when i was in isb in 2010, a cousin's friend bought a corolla X 2007 i guess, handed us the keys for a week and left for karachi. i drove the car for that week and really noted the difference between a local 9th gen and that corolla X. although both are very similar but still very different. that car was much more comfy and better in everything. but i'd be honest, i enjoyed driving my cousin's 2001 civic more...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

According to my experience Corolla 2009 is much more quite as compared to 09 city at 120kph
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    YAR premio is a good car , but it has a very very shitty shape , none of my girl friends likes it , and passes bad comments abt it , n when talk abt civic , all t happy with black colour , one thing more majority of ppl like sunroof,s .....toyota never offered sunroof in premio coz of safety (premio cant be safe with sunroof) , and brakes and stability of civic 2006-2012 are better then premio even aerodynamics are much better .
    I think premio looks much better as compared to 9th gen civic.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buying cars on advice or choice of girls is like women buying make up on mens' suggestions.

Come on man; seriously is that a good reason to discredit a car that ur GF's don't like the shape? In that case an Rx-8 or a Mazda miata is ur best bet.

I wonder what Toyota were thinking when the designed premio; how could they miss this fact .

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    my idsi runs on exactly the same tire size as urs. i have yokohama soft tires may be thats what changes the ride. i drive to lahore far too often and many times, i drive at 140 or a bit more (on cng and ac) with a coke in one hand, the other hand on the steering wheel and elbow on the hand rest. now thats not safe but i travel at odd times n traffic on m2 is not heavy at all so its kinda alright. my point is, even with 1 hand off and relatively high speed, i never feel panicked. what else could u ask for from a tiny little honda with high center of gravity? trust me i m not one of those guys who just blindly love their cars no matter what! im not! i ve always hated the not-so-good performance of idsi due to 8 valves and its brakes too. but whats true is true. corolla 9th gen, i ve driven extensively. (never owned, never will hopefully ) and i NEVER felt it to be any better then my own car. only a little bit more powerful at times. the driving postion of 9th gen sucks. brakes are too sticky and u never get any 'pleasure' or that 'smooth' feeling u get from a city. a corolla is just a vehicle that will get u from point A to point B. nothing less, nothing more (specially 9th gen)

as for road grip. it depends on how u define road grip. a universal law is that higher the car, lesser the road grip. n we all know one can almost drive a CJ7 below a corolla without even scratching the exhaust pipe. laws of physics suggest that corolla SHOULD be less stable. Hondas on the other hand, ride must lower. top speed i ve achieve on my car (with engine half busted) was about 175km/h and could do 185 i guess. but im too frightened to drive that fast in a small car. i ve promised myself i ll never go above 150 again.

city is lightweight for sure, but fragile? mine has 272k kms n is still not falling apart. isnt that disappointing?
    as for jdm cars, yes. they are definitely much better. when i was in isb in 2010, a cousin's friend bought a corolla X 2007 i guess, handed us the keys for a week and left for karachi. i drove the car for that week and really noted the difference between a local 9th gen and that corolla X. although both are very similar but still very different. that car was much more comfy and better in everything. but i'd be honest, i enjoyed driving my cousin's 2001 civic more...
    You're just a Honda fan then nothing else; if u choose that civic over an X.

Since I know a bit of your cars' history isn't this the same idsi that has changed and failed suspension more than once?

Then would be other issues too, not that I am saying that corolla is perfect but come on Toyota is ranked no.1 in durability even over Germans all around the world.

Go around and see what rent a car people drive around; xli's or city's?!

We all know its a khota and city is way oo fragile in comparison; darwaza band Kar ke Faraq pata chal jata hai, maybe u don't like the corollas driving position even I don't but still it's more nippy on the m2 any day city always has been sluggish and only the eps makes one feel it being easy but trust me it has equally pathetic brakes and grip I'd not worse.

Like civic shouldn't be compared to corolla; city also shouldn't be it can be compared to belts but not corolla.

Ask around mechanics and workshops everyone will tell u suspension wise and durability wise city sucks.

It's a car which was introduced due to rising prices when Honda buyers couldn't afford a civic but would settle for a Honda badge only.

In recent years many have shifted from Honda to Toyota, the opposite has been very less.

Look around and compare from 96 how the ratios have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post
    Top speeds of 2007 corolla is 165 with 205 tires but it gets very noisy at that speed

Top speed of 2010 corolla is according to my.speedo is a lil above 180 and good thing is its not noisy and very smooth and stable compared to old corolla

Both r 1300 tire size in both is 15" 205 2007 has around 40k kms on odo where as 2010 has around 52k.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I agree! 10th gen is a lot quieter than the 9th gen corolla. Also better in handling and driving but still, you've got to agree, its not as fun to drive as a car with stiffer suspension.

It's purely a family sedan. Serves extremely well for a family of three or four, in some cases, even five.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using PW Forums mobile app
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In the end you win...happy? .

All people must be idiots that tehy buy 40000 corollas a year and 6000 city's since the corollas has no grip, loud noise etc.

Chill out man; this isn't a race; city is sold in hardly 4 countries; corolla is one of the best selling car in the world, even if Pakistanis are not wise, the whole world cannot be stupid can it?

The weight of a vehicle comes into play at high speeds and no doubt city is a light weight car.

P.S. I have moved on from these stupid local machines now; even the civic from the day I have owned a JDM vehicle and my porch is soon going to be all JDM.
    Woahhh, I thought we were having a nice healthy discussion here, damn, I was wrong! You,re just another mubeenshahid over here.

Why did I say that? Well, because even if you had glanced over my entire post, you wouldn't have replied if you didn't know what I meant, but you did, totally off topic and pointless. Mehran must be the best car in this world since it sells even more than Mercedes Benz and BMW here, lol let alone a toyota.

Honda vs Toyota. Lakhh lanat on me, lol.

And I just saw you justifying your fanatic posts by mentioning taxi drivers who drive corollas all over Pakistan. *Disappointment*

Well, they also say "7ct aala spray deshboard per bohhhat chassss deta hai, lights k aas paas chrome he chrome, gari ki look bantee hai bhai"

I am sure you love those as well, including deezall walli sarrviss from kaala ustaad's stayshun.

Enjoy, I am over and out!

Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree! 10th gen is a lot quieter than the 9th gen corolla. Also better in handling and driving but still, you've got to agree, its not as fun to drive as a car with stiffer suspension.

It's purely a family sedan. Serves extremely well for a family of three or four, in some cases, even five.

Editing a bad joke which I posted some people just cannot handle jokes and complain about other brought up, when they clearly dont know never talk about any ones family and they need to learn some manners and get a life.

Such loosers and fake posers of so called shirafat.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai I like soft stuff, aap ko stiff cheezaon pasand hein tu mein kia keh sakta hoon

Samajh tu aap gaye hoon ***

This is a forum, kindly show off your brought up elsewhere. Can't debate, please don't bother, just don't post crap. Ask for a little better grooming from mumee papa.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is a forum, kindly show off your brought up elsewhere. Can't debate, please don't bother, just don't post crap. Ask for a little better grooming from mumee papa.

Excuse me ? Ur brought up is clearly visible in ur reply, I put up a bad joke about u and u involved my family ? U need help kid

And my bad I posted a bad joke and edited my previous reply.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Excuse me ? Ur brought up is clearly visible in ur reply, I put up a bad joke about u and u involved my family ? U need help kid

And my bad I posted a bad joke and edited my previous reply.

That's funny now. You say something ghatiya tareen on a pro forum and I am just to glance over it and say 'hehehe'...?

Your joke wasn't just bad, it was from the chingchi community sitting here and there on certain footpaths and exchanging such language over a pack of embassy cigarettes.

I am sorry, but your stuff was extremely cheap and potentially explicit. You should take care while posting anything like that because alhamdolillah I never talk like that anywhere unless the person whom I am adressing is my friend beyond brotherhood and knows me well enough.

What you say is what reflects your inner self. Don't do that unless you know me really well, people here are extremely rude. I do care what everyone reads under my username. If that spoiled your juggat, I AM sorry indeed, and am afraid I am not gonna help it.

Edit: and I am sorry for what I said to you, you should've expected that at least. Those who say think twice before you speak aren't blunt noobs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rolla vs honda
    pkdm vs jay dee em lolx
    when is dis gonna stop

though i'd say ppl prefer rolla more since its very dheet n very good for villages,been to one road today that wasnt a road though in very bad condition,curved heavily n what not,the rolla went at a speed of 40 on that lol n me on my vti was at a speed of 0 saving the floor even wid spacers i thought i might damage the floor/suspension/bushes etc
    now for such roads,rolla is da best but khair spacers saved da day

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am talking about an old shape 9th gen corolla running on 195/65/r15 tyres.

My idsi runs on 18564r14 tyres.

In no way is the city more stable atleast from experience since I have both at home have driven each car over 50k kms.

On motorway also taken both the corolla is more stable its larger and has pathetic but better than city grip.

As for taking it to 180, it would go to easily on petrol stock condition.

Have taken mine to 170 on petrol btw.

City is light weight and fragile; new city well again has very stiff suspension and less road grip compared to a 10th gen corolla.

I wonder why on PW we always debate what we have is better, no offence meant .

Since I had both I gave my input; despite being a Toyota fan I'd choose a civic over an Altis because its better simple!

The JDM cars are a different league; start driving one and trust me ull start hating ur city , happened to me too.

They have quality, proper road grip, weight ratio.

Brakes; suspension engine everything is different for JDM corollas; the drive even beat the civic let alone the city or corolla.
    i mean seriously . . . . . .
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ye kiya bat hoi?????????????
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's funny now. You say something ghatiya tareen on a pro forum and I am just to glance over it and say 'hehehe'...?

Your joke wasn't just bad, it was from the chingchi community sitting here and there on certain footpaths and exchanging such language over a pack of embassy cigarettes.

I am sorry, but your stuff was extremely cheap and potentially explicit. You should take care while posting anything like that because alhamdolillah I never talk like that anywhere unless the person whom I am adressing is my friend beyond brotherhood and knows me well enough.

What you say is what reflects your inner self. Don't do that unless you know me really well, people here are extremely rude. I do care what everyone reads under my username. If that spoiled your juggat, I AM sorry indeed, and am afraid I am not gonna help it.

Screw the juggat but u better b sorry for what u said, what makes u think u r the most groomed and sophisticated guy of pakwheels ? U clearly showed ur self by the reply in which u referred to my family.

I clearly said MY BAD ur turn to say sorry now, show that gentle manliness u r trying to prove by just words.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers