Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Does CIviC REBORN 2011 Swings With AIR like Honda CIty Does on MOtorway???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Does CIviC REBORN 2011 Swings With AIR like Honda CIty Does on MOtorway???

Does CIviC REBORN 2011 Swings With AIR like Honda CIty Does on MOtorway???
    I travel alot on motorway so i want a car with high road grip and on which air does not effect??
    I had a corolla 09,,, it was very awsom on motorway!!
    then bought city 10,,, it was bad on motorway... when u cross a truck,, ur car swings :@
    now planing to buy 2011 reborn?? ANY SuGGESTiOnS PLZ????????
    THANx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post
    Screw the juggat but u better b sorry for what u said, what makes u think u r the most groomed and sophisticated guy of pakwheels ? U clearly showed ur self by the reply in which u referred to my family.

I clearly said MY BAD ur turn to say sorry now, show that gentle manliness u r trying to prove by just words.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Where did I say I am a haaji? Nowhere.

For what I said, well, I am sorry, failed to mention that in the post, editing now, I hate typing via cellphones.

But what you should realize is whenever you say something like that, the first response will be "Ghar walon ne yahi sikhaaya hai?" It was natural, not a badtameezi or anything on my part but still, I am sorry, it was a Pavlovian response, don't be furious over that.

I don't have an ego THAT big to fit through my bedroom door.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1 View Post
    You're just a Honda fan then nothing else; if u choose that civic over an X.

Since I know a bit of your cars' history isn't this the same idsi that has changed and failed suspension more than once?

Then would be other issues too, not that I am saying that corolla is perfect but come on Toyota is ranked no.1 in durability even over Germans all around the world.

Go around and see what rent a car people drive around; xli's or city's?!

We all know its a khota and city is way oo fragile in comparison; darwaza band Kar ke Faraq pata chal jata hai, maybe u don't like the corollas driving position even I don't but still it's more nippy on the m2 any day city always has been sluggish and only the eps makes one feel it being easy but trust me it has equally pathetic brakes and grip I'd not worse.

Like civic shouldn't be compared to corolla; city also shouldn't be it can be compared to belts but not corolla.

Ask around mechanics and workshops everyone will tell u suspension wise and durability wise city sucks.

It's a car which was introduced due to rising prices when Honda buyers couldn't afford a civic but would settle for a Honda badge only.

In recent years many have shifted from Honda to Toyota, the opposite has been very less.

Look around and compare from 96 how the ratios have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    I could'nt agree less with every single point! first off, u said it urself, corolla really is khota. I would rather spend a bit more n ride on a horse then save little money and ride a khota.

Now, first off, i am NOT a fan boy at all... i HATE it when someone calls me that. i always back my arguments with solid facts and not by the word of some road side desi mechanic. infact im amazed that u actually trust these mechanics with all that knowledge. i dont! i EDUCATE my mechanics, not other way around. and yes, my city's suspension did die at 160,000 kms but do u know what kind on road it was driven on? we own a business in khushab and johrabad which is 50 & 60 kms away from Sargodha respectively. from 2007-2009, that complete stretch was under construction (@rollonbigmama can confirm u as he lives a further 100 or so kms down the road) and i used to drive on it 120 kms every alternate day. now, do u still think the suspension was to be blamed? 160,000 kms is a LOT of mileage anyways. after that, the suspension was repaired which didnt last (cuz it wasnt changed) and frankly, i did change all the parts (almost) but not OEM, though best quality open market stuff and now its doing fine.

as for reliability. yes, to be precise, its lexus which has been crowned as the most reliable car brand and i respect that. n yes, toyotas are excellent and very reliable too but i ve found Honda's to be equally reliable too! infact, if u visit international forums frequently, u ll find out that most japanese cars are very reliable, like nissan, mitsubishi and subaru etc are all regarded as almost indestructible. its only that toyota out numbers them by quite a margin so the feedback is much larger then honda or nissan etc. but if well taken care of, any Japanese car will serve u well. as for me prefering civic over jdm X, well the reason is that i like stability and agility, 2 things we all know that civic has much more then corolla. its undebatable i wud say. thats why i prefered civic. and btw, build quality of 2001 civic is damn solid. that 01 vti has 280k kms, its going strong on stock engine and theres not a single rattle in the dashboard or anywhere. i wud say its equally gud compared to a jdm car of that age. may be less features but no compromise on quality.

rent a cars have corolla, but u know what, i dont believe in the concept of combined wisdom of pakistani awaam. we are the qoum which gets underside of brand new cars sprayed with kallaa diesel+oil mixture. u'd agree that most new car owners do it (look at masses, a few 100k people in isb are a minority) but does it means its the right thing to do? hell no!! please dont state rent a car and desi mechanics as ur benchmark, for God's sake!

u say city was launched when car prices were hiking. really? because as far as i remember, car prices were almost stagnant back in 90s. city was introduced in 1996. and it was launched because honda learned that they have finally planted their feet in a new country where they had installed a production plant just 2 years back in 1994. thats why city was launched. car prices were never as high as they are now. i mean even comparatively. i bought my city for 840k and never complained, today, it seems ridiculous that i'd have to pay 1.5m for almost a similar new car. and form 96-2009, honda sales were growing every year. i can provide u with proofs as i have their financial statements with me. in 2009, people were disappointed by new city due to high price, dull interior and fewer options and civic was already too expensive. thats why sales started dropping. now though, city is much better then when it was launched. its interior is not dull, feature are promising and even has a 1.5l engine.

i cant say how many ppl shifted from honda to toyota or other way around but im sure the difference is immaterial. but dont think honda is failing at what they are good.

and please, if u want to reply to this post, please back ur arguments with facts and not opinion of chacha shabeer taxi wala or nikkuu ustaad from khaadda market... im allergic to the BS that people like these suggest regarding cars.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Where did I say I am a haaji? Nowhere.

For what I said, well, I am sorry, failed to mention that in the post, editing now, I hate typing via cellphones.

But what you should realize is whenever you say something like that, the first response will be "Ghar walon ne yahi sikhaaya hai?" It was natural, not a badtameezi or anything on my part but still, I am sorry, it was a Pavlovian response, don't be furious over that.

I don't have an ego THAT big to fit through my bedroom door.
    Never stereotype, and I am old enough and not under any ones influence any more, anyways chill !!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    I could'nt agree less with every single point! first off, u said it urself, corolla really is khota. I would rather spend a bit more n ride on a horse then save little money and ride a khota.

Now, first off, i am NOT a fan boy at all... i HATE it when someone calls me that. i always back my arguments with solid facts and not by the word of some road side desi mechanic. infact im amazed that u actually trust these mechanics with all that knowledge. i dont! i EDUCATE my mechanics, not other way around. and yes, my city's suspension did die at 160,000 kms but do u know what kind on road it was driven on? we own a business in khushab and johrabad which is 50 & 60 kms away from Sargodha respectively. from 2007-2009, that complete stretch was under construction (@rollonbigmama can confirm u as he lives a further 100 or so kms down the road) and i used to drive on it 120 kms every alternate day. now, do u still think the suspension was to be blamed? 160,000 kms is a LOT of mileage anyways. after that, the suspension was repaired which didnt last (cuz it wasnt changed) and frankly, i did change all the parts (almost) but not OEM, though best quality open market stuff and now its doing fine.

as for reliability. yes, to be precise, its lexus which has been crowned as the most reliable car brand and i respect that. n yes, toyotas are excellent and very reliable too but i ve found Honda's to be equally reliable too! infact, if u visit international forums frequently, u ll find out that most japanese cars are very reliable, like nissan, mitsubishi and subaru etc are all regarded as almost indestructible. its only that toyota out numbers them by quite a margin so the feedback is much larger then honda or nissan etc. but if well taken care of, any Japanese car will serve u well. as for me prefering civic over jdm X, well the reason is that i like stability and agility, 2 things we all know that civic has much more then corolla. its undebatable i wud say. thats why i prefered civic. and btw, build quality of 2001 civic is damn solid. that 01 vti has 280k kms, its going strong on stock engine and theres not a single rattle in the dashboard or anywhere. i wud say its equally gud compared to a jdm car of that age. may be less features but no compromise on quality.

rent a cars have corolla, but u know what, i dont believe in the concept of combined wisdom of pakistani awaam. we are the qoum which gets underside of brand new cars sprayed with kallaa diesel+oil mixture. u'd agree that most new car owners do it (look at masses, a few 100k people in isb are a minority) but does it means its the right thing to do? hell no!! please dont state rent a car and desi mechanics as ur benchmark, for God's sake!

u say city was launched when car prices were hiking. really? because as far as i remember, car prices were almost stagnant back in 90s. city was introduced in 1996. and it was launched because honda learned that they have finally planted their feet in a new country where they had installed a production plant just 2 years back in 1994. thats why city was launched. car prices were never as high as they are now. i mean even comparatively. i bought my city for 840k and never complained, today, it seems ridiculous that i'd have to pay 1.5m for almost a similar new car. and form 96-2009, honda sales were growing every year. i can provide u with proofs as i have their financial statements with me. in 2009, people were disappointed by new city due to high price, dull interior and fewer options and civic was already too expensive. thats why sales started dropping. now though, city is much better then when it was launched. its interior is not dull, feature are promising and even has a 1.5l engine.

i cant say how many ppl shifted from honda to toyota or other way around but im sure the difference is immaterial. but dont think honda is failing at what they are good.

and please, if u want to reply to this post, please back ur arguments with facts and not opinion of chacha shabeer taxi wala or nikkuu ustaad from khaadda market... im allergic to the BS that people like these suggest regarding cars.
    +100.
    Totally agree with your statement.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RollOnBigMaMa: Bhaijan as I said aap jeetay mein haara .

Brands become brands because they have something which gains them the repute among buyers.

Aap theek keh rahay hain I don't know what meguairs mothers or turtle wax are; I use 7cf on my cars lol.

And I spray diesel cans underneath my cars I don't know that rubber parts get screwed with that .

If Toyota is reliable that has made it beat selling and its not only corolla it's the whole lineup.

Ab pata Nahin I am Mubeen shahid inspired or what the fact is Civic is a better car than Altis but Toyota is far ahead in technology; R&D; features and equipment.

U like it or not they have Lexus derived from Toyota; crown, Avalon, GT 86 and what not.

Ab kal ko mein debate karon ke Nahin G Toyota is so better than say BMW or RR because it sells more, No .

I told that to u in a context between city and xli's, and my dear most educated PW member Taxi Walay hum se zyada Dekh ke decisions letay hain on their cars; because we have secondary options for them it's their bread.

City isn't even sold in Japan lol.

Phir bhi ure right, no wonder all of the old Lott of PW members have stopped posting since long.

The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster.
    Please. Stop saying this DAMN word reborn reborn. It's just a civic.
    It is very much stable at high speeds than city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It really is a stupid discussion isn't it? As I said earlier I have both cars at home and I find one to be better than the other from a 6year experience.

Paid 849 and 879 for them, same as others did since price is almost same I found one to be better value for money. You might have a different experience simple, why do we have to make discussions on PW ego issues, and yes opinions of rent a car people do matter for me, because I like seeing the roads around and analysing that civic is a pathetic car to drive outside islamabad or areas like defence.

Baki concluded meri corolla koi special piece hai aur meray liyay meri hi city se behtar hai theek hai?

Open a dashboard of any JDM some day and ull notice how many different foams and clips they use inside.

They make real cars not kha grad; I remember how solid my old 86 corollla was...

P.S. I'm out too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some one bring popcorns here? :-P

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It really is a stupid discussion isn't it? As I said earlier I have both cars at home and I find one to be better than the other from a 6year experience.

Paid 849 and 879 for them, same as others did since price is almost same I found one to be better value for money. You might have a different experience simple, why do we have to make discussions on PW ego issues, and yes opinions of rent a car people do matter for me, because I like seeing the roads around and analysing that civic is a pathetic car to drive outside islamabad or areas like defence.

Baki concluded meri corolla koi special piece hai aur meray liyay meri hi city se behtar hai theek hai?

Open a dashboard of any JDM some day and ull notice how many different foams and clips they use inside.

They make real cars not kha grad; I remember how solid my old 86 corollla was...

P.S. I'm out too.

lol... where did ego come in? can u point out a single statement of mine which u think is egoistic? if u depend on rent a car n desi mechanics for understanding of cars, then i rest my case. i ve proved my point. saying that civic doesnt work outside isb, well, did u ever go out of isb? i have friends here who regularly take their civics to villages, i take my city to villages. nothing happens. its not a rolls royce that it wud fall apart if driven on roads its not really built for.
    i know enough about JDM cars n i also know that most of them are imported as junk n repaired here. i also had an 86 cowrolla jdm for more then a decade. but im amazed u're amongst the people who still havent forgotten the 86 corolla, perfectly 'typical' mentality.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

; I'm very backward and outdated yar .

And yes I've never gone out of Islamabad, never in my life.

Chor na bhai * it. It's a useless discussion. Until last week I had comments on your Facebook about driving on the motorway. Ab I haven't even gone out of Islamabad.

86 corollas still sells upto 6 lacs; koi tou reason hou gi Nahin?

Outdated buyers hi Sahi...Kher chill out.

Honda is the best manufacturer in the world.

Ab mein bhi Honda ei ley Saan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Some one bring popcorns here? :-P
    And someone please hit me on my head on how the hell did I accuse Honda, I mean HONDA CITY of having less grip that also the most grippy model 2004-8!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

; I'm very backward and outdated yar .

And yes I've never gone out of Islamabad, never in my life.

Chor na bhai * it. It's a useless discussion. Until last week I had comments on your Facebook about driving on the motorway. Ab I haven't even gone out of Islamabad.

86 corollas still sells upto 6 lacs; koi tou reason hou gi Nahin?

Outdated buyers hi Sahi...Kher chill out.

Honda is the best manufacturer in the world.

Ab mein bhi Honda ei ley Saan

lol... m2 isb to lahore and back is all 'civic territory'. u shud drive out of that territory. visit sargodha some time, civic here is as common as in isb or lahore. 6 lakh tou kher nai lakin yes, its sold at high prices due to the taxi driver type people who prefer it over newer cars and think that an 86 corolla is better then a 96 or 2006, but we all know its not. honda is not the best car manufacturer in the world but the rumors about hondas that they will fall apart as soon as u drive on a bad road are wrong. that was my only point and i have 272k kms of mileage to back that up!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyways, lets stop this BS discussion. its not 2007 and im not a 17 yr old who will 'fight' on online forums for a damn car brand, neither are you... so, Peace!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good hai; waise I have a premio these days; bring the civic and ill show you which one is M2 territory.

I have seen almost all of Punjab; interestingly I went to Mandi bahauddin once; I only spotted one eagle eye civic my whole journey.

Civic doesnt fall apart yar...neither does even cherry for that matter. Corollas suspension is just more suitable for our conditions.

Kher usually it's put like Civic>Corolla>City isn't it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buying cars on advice or choice of girls is like women buying make up on mens' suggestions.

Come on man; seriously is that a good reason to discredit a car that ur GF's don't like the shape? In that case an Rx-8 or a Mazda miata is ur best bet.

I wonder what Toyota were thinking when the designed premio; how could they miss this fact .

That is such a wrong analogy, I believe it comes without having driven the mx5. The car will blow you away.

There are only two cars I've driven which make a Golf GTI feel like an old over-weighed elephant - the MX5 and the mini cooper S.

Mind you, I still think the GTI is the best 4 door hatch out there (minus the cheap interior, but then its das auto)

P.S. Yes, the Focus RS is good too.

About premio - I personally think its a pretty decent looking car. I've found the 8th Gen civic to be gripping better than the corolla. The locally available toyota which sticks the road any better on high speeds is the mark x.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didn't know body roll thread is posted under engine, transmission section and people actually responding to it
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

next time post suspension issue thread in suspension section,. thank you and buy coilovers for your Honda city to eliminate rolling. these are cheaper than buying a BMW or Mercedes..
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And someone please hit me on my head on how the hell did I accuse Honda, I mean HONDA CITY of having less grip that also the most grippy model 2004-8!

Choriye bhai, Forum is actually full of people who are fan of or prefer honda/civic but still on some places you'd see toyotas where Civic ka naam-o-nishan bhi nai, civic is a good car particularly the 8th Gen but its not like a perfect car nor it is better then any corolla or other toyota, people need to realize everything have some good aspects as well as bad ones similarly kuch chezon mai honda better hai kuch main toyota while in the end it depends upon what consumer prefers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol... where did ego come in? can u point out a single statement of mine which u think is egoistic? if u depend on rent a car n desi mechanics for understanding of cars, then i rest my case. i ve proved my point. saying that civic doesnt work outside isb, well, did u ever go out of isb? i have friends here who regularly take their civics to villages, i take my city to villages. nothing happens. its not a rolls royce that it wud fall apart if driven on roads its not really built for.
    i know enough about JDM cars n i also know that most of them are imported as junk n repaired here. i also had an 86 cowrolla jdm for more then a decade. but im amazed u're amongst the people who still havent forgotten the 86 corolla, perfectly 'typical' mentality.
    Actually, the old cars are great to have, you can swap and play em around jabke nayi gari ko kuch karatay hue bhi dar lagta hai! It will be interesting when an old swapped CowRolla owns that NAWI NAWI CIVIC
    And everyone agrees these old cars were built well, Indus corolla shape is actually sexy along its nice built

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here's a new point for discussion (le me bringing some pop corns )
    corolla still lacks immobilizer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List