Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Need Expert reviews regarding CNG in Civic 2013

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Need Expert reviews regarding CNG in Civic 2013

    Salam Dear pakwheelers, hope you all people are fine.

    My cousin have civic 2001 on petrol, and he's willing to buy a new car also, and he have price range of 23 to 25 lacks, and he's confused between two cars, i.e Civic 2013 and Pius Hybrid 2010.
    And he need my help to solve this confusion.
    Prius.
    He's thinking to buy Prius because It's economical car and have lots of awesome features, Better average, large trunk size and many more, and the thing which we all know that JDM cars body is very solid, but he's afraid just because of 2 reasons.

    1) The traffic of Pakistan, if unfortunately some Bike rider, or Taxi driver (Ghareeb admi's) will hit so can we find Prius lights, Bumper etc...?

    2) There are very less chances of mechanical and technical problems in JDM fresh cars, but in case of any technical or mechanical problem, can Prius be repaired here easily.....?

    2013 Civic 9th gen.
    As we know, its local assembled and every thing is easily available here and he also Love Civic, but as compare to Prius its fuel average is half, now because he's buying 2nd Car so its lil bit difficult to afford fuel of both cars, so he have decided if he'll buy Civic, then he'll install CNG Kit in it, but He's confused in 2 things.

    1) We heard few months ago that now only less then 1000cc cars are allow on CNG Stations to buy CNG. Is this right? or can we buy CNG without any issue?
    2) Civic 9th Gen. have fuel average of 13-15 Km/L (depend on Driving behavior) if we consider its average 14Km/L then cost of per Km is Rs. 7.2, What if we will install CNG Kit in it? (There is no Need to shy, in all over the world CNG in going very common)

    NEED EXPERT REVIEWS

    Like my Alto Gives 9 Km/L with AC (Patrol) means cost/Km is Rs. 11.4
    And it gives 135 Km on full cylinder which have 9.4 Kg Gas. Means cost/Km is Rs. 4.6
    Difference of price is Rs 6.8/Km between Patrol and CNG.
    I just want to know that if we install CNG KIT in 9th Gen. Civic, will it give the price difference like my Alto gives?
    According to my Common sense (Don't know this is right or wrong)
    Alto Gives 9Km/L and Civic give 14Km/L
    So civic should have to Give better average then Alto on CNG?.?
    Am I right or Wrong?
    Please Solve this confusion and Correct me if I'm wrong.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waleed80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,690
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    2) Civic 9th Gen. have fuel average of 13-15 Km/L
    highly highly mistaken bro. civic with AC in local will not give u more than 10-10.5 per liter at any cost. with a 55 kg cylinder, in local it gives a maximum of 80-85 kilometers in one cylinder

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It's request that please reply regarding the topic

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I was talking without Ac, as my friend's new civic is giving 12km/L with very light foot in the city.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    5o views and still 1 reply. don't we have experts members????
    By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZondaF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    481
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    highly highly mistaken bro. civic with AC in local will not give u more than 10-10.5 per liter at any cost. with a 55 kg cylinder, in local it gives a maximum of 80-85 kilometers in one cylinder
    +1. Totally Agree

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    incognito59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,176
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Please dont ruin the civic by using CNG.

    Sent from my GT-I9082 using PW Forums mobile app
    life is but wheels!

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    cng is always economical in every car,like city idsi itself gives good average on petrol but gives even better on cng
    as for no cng for 1000cc+,that got reversed b4 it even got implemented
    also these days there isnt much rush on cng

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shereabdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lala musa
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,626
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if i had to opt,, i would go for prius,, its v fuel efficeint,, more reliable,, and most important its environmental friendly,, u live in krachi so i dont think u would feel difficulty in finding parts
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    nifiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    Salam Dear pakwheelers, hope you all people are fine.

    My cousin have civic 2001 on petrol, and he's willing to buy a new car also, and he have price range of 23 to 25 lacks, and he's confused between two cars, i.e Civic 2013 and Pius Hybrid 2010.
    And he need my help to solve this confusion.
    Prius.
    He's thinking to buy Prius because It's economical car and have lots of awesome features, Better average, large trunk size and many more, and the thing which we all know that JDM cars body is very solid, but he's afraid just because of 2 reasons.

    1) The traffic of Pakistan, if unfortunately some Bike rider, or Taxi driver (Ghareeb admi's) will hit so can we find Prius lights, Bumper etc...?

    2) There are very less chances of mechanical and technical problems in JDM fresh cars, but in case of any technical or mechanical problem, can Prius be repaired here easily.....?

    2013 Civic 9th gen.
    As we know, its local assembled and every thing is easily available here and he also Love Civic, but as compare to Prius its fuel average is half, now because he's buying 2nd Car so its lil bit difficult to afford fuel of both cars, so he have decided if he'll buy Civic, then he'll install CNG Kit in it, but He's confused in 2 things.

    1) We heard few months ago that now only less then 1000cc cars are allow on CNG Stations to buy CNG. Is this right? or can we buy CNG without any issue?
    2) Civic 9th Gen. have fuel average of 13-15 Km/L (depend on Driving behavior) if we consider its average 14Km/L then cost of per Km is Rs. 7.2, What if we will install CNG Kit in it? (There is no Need to shy, in all over the world CNG in going very common)

    NEED EXPERT REVIEWS

    Like my Alto Gives 9 Km/L with AC (Patrol) means cost/Km is Rs. 11.4
    And it gives 135 Km on full cylinder which have 9.4 Kg Gas. Means cost/Km is Rs. 4.6
    Difference of price is Rs 6.8/Km between Patrol and CNG.
    I just want to know that if we install CNG KIT in 9th Gen. Civic, will it give the price difference like my Alto gives?
    According to my Common sense (Don't know this is right or wrong)
    Alto Gives 9Km/L and Civic give 14Km/L
    So civic should have to Give better average then Alto on CNG?.?
    Am I right or Wrong?
    Please Solve this confusion and Correct me if I'm wrong.


    Every car whether above or below 1000cc can now have CNG filled.
    As far as I know, u cannot install CNG kits on any car from now on, right everyone?
    Civic Reborn 2007(my cousin owns one) gives a max of 95km without A/C with a 55kg cylinder, don't know about Civic 2013

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    cng is always economical in every car,like city idsi itself gives good average on petrol but gives even better on cng
    as for no cng for 1000cc+,that got reversed b4 it even got implemented
    also these days there isnt much rush on cng
    it means we can easily install and buy CNG? rite??
    By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The problem is this, he love Civic, but its bit expensive regarding fuel consumption, and Prius is very fuel efficient but he ask me if we buy Prius, so in case of any accident or in case of any mechanical and Technical issue can we get its parts easily or can any mechanic can find and repair its problem????? this is the main Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by shereabdullah View Post
    if i had to opt,, i would go for prius,, its v fuel efficeint,, more reliable,, and most important its environmental friendly,, u live in krachi so i dont think u would feel difficulty in finding parts
    By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nifiii View Post
    Every car whether above or below 1000cc can now have CNG filled.
    As far as I know, u cannot install CNG kits on any car from now on, right everyone?
    Civic Reborn 2007(my cousin owns one) gives a max of 95km without A/C with a 55kg cylinder, don't know about Civic 2013
    yes you are right, now there is not any single auto mobile company who is installing CNG Kits, but people are still installing CNG Kits locally. so where to go????? Prius or Civic 9th Gen.
    By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    nifiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    yes you are right, now there is not any single auto mobile company who is installing CNG Kits, but people are still installing CNG Kits locally. so where to go????? Prius or Civic 9th Gen.
    Yar personally I'll prefer Civic. If u can afford a Civic 2013, u surely can afford petrol too. Zero meter cheez ka apna maza he, if u know what I mean :p But since ur cousin is so much 'economy conscious', I think he should go for Prius then, warna usay satisfaction nahi rahe gi. Civic 2013 with CNG na road pe dekhi he ab tak, aur na hi kisi se suna he. But in my opinion, it'll easily give 80km+ with a 55kg cylinder.
    Ramazan Mubarik!

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    it means we can easily install and buy CNG? rite??
    yea
    thats correct

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,378
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    even people buying brand new mehran's are not installing cng
    cng game is over. government cannot say it more clearly
    you get it 3 days in summers.winters mai bhool jao ( though i admist cng is the cheapest fuel in pk )

    though prius is more ugly then liana, but in your scenario its better. junk yard had body parts and all.
    and to many on roads, mechanics have learnt by hit and trial by now how to fix hybrids
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    The problem is this, he love Civic, but its bit expensive regarding fuel consumption, and Prius is very fuel efficient but he ask me if we buy Prius, so in case of any accident or in case of any mechanical and Technical issue can we get its parts easily or can any mechanic can find and repair its problem????? this is the main Problem
    for fuel economy,i'd prefer prius too,it also has quite good pick when u floor it
    parts i guess should be available might be expensive though
    as for mechanics,well atleast in islamabad,there's a workshop that even has merc,bmw,prado's coming there so prius y not

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nifiii View Post
    Yar personally I'll prefer Civic. If u can afford a Civic 2013, u surely can afford petrol too. Zero meter cheez ka apna maza he, if u know what I mean :p But since ur cousin is so much 'economy conscious', I think he should go for Prius then, warna usay satisfaction nahi rahe gi. Civic 2013 with CNG na road pe dekhi he ab tak, aur na hi kisi se suna he. But in my opinion, it'll easily give 80km+ with a 55kg cylinder.
    suna ho ya na ho,i have seen 9th gen civic standing in cng line a few times myself
    hell even prado's

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    even people buying brand new mehran's are not installing cng
    cng game is over. government cannot say it more clearly
    you get it 3 days in summers.winters mai bhool jao ( though i admist cng is the cheapest fuel in pk )

    though prius is more ugly then liana, but in your scenario its better. junk yard had body parts and all.
    and to many on roads, mechanics have learnt by hit and trial by now how to fix hybrids
    yea cng was quite a PIA in winters,these days very small lines n very good pressure

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    dau.ud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My suggestion would be that instead of installing Cng in civic go for prius. About its parts availability I cant say anything, there are some workshops here in Lahore which can handle prius's problems. But please bro don't install Cng in a civic and that too brand new I guess. If you are spending about 25 lacs on a car than why are you (no offence) going to treat it like a mehran, cultus...etc. I hope you do get my point. You are going for a luxury car and CNG can't be a part of it. After spending 25 lacs on a car why are you caring so much for petrol as one who can buy this car shouldn't worry (atleast this much )about these things....And yes do you have enough time to waste at CNG pumps? And a brand new car gives you awesome driving felling and you can stay tension free for atleast 5 years if you take Care of your car

    Sent from my R800i using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •