Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 631
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: My father's 2013 Honda Civic VTI oriel prosmatec with navigation

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My father's 2013 Honda Civic VTI oriel prosmatec with navigation

    Hi there,
    We just got our Alabaster Silver Civic VTI oriel P/T delivered.

    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. #301
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sabih.Ud.Din52c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It seems you are driving in blue alot

  3. #302
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabih.Ud.Din52c View Post
    It seems you are driving in blue alot
    lol..my father, not me

  4. #303
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i think if 1 can afford NOT to Hypermile, Then he should Enjoy 2.4 Mil worth of vehicle he bought. Come on, a Car worth in Millions & still while driving it we have to see the AVg limit, & hypermile & other stuff it surely kills the Pleasure of What you are Driving, i had this Experience on my Aspire, Promised myself not to Hypermile again, Though it takes Patience & i am not against it . The only point i care now is to release the Throtle early as soon as i judge i have to Break . Thats THE limit of my BLUE ZONE

  5. #304
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    i think if 1 can afford NOT to Hypermile, Then he should Enjoy 2.4 Mil worth of vehicle he bought. Come on, a Car worth in Millions & still while driving it we have to see the AVg limit, & hypermile & other stuff it surely kills the Pleasure of What you are Driving, i had this Experience on my Aspire, Promised myself not to Hypermile again, Though it takes Patience & i am not against it . The only point i care now is to release the Throtle early as soon as i judge i have to Break . Thats THE limit of my BLUE ZONE
    We didn't buy this car because we had excess money. We bought it because was no other option. We wanted a reliable local car with safety features and basic luxury features and this the only car which met our requirements at the moment least price.
    Owning a 2.4 million rupee car immediately gives the false impression that the owner is filthy rich. However that's not the case.
    Plus this car is not a sports car that we can enjoy driving. It's basically a reliable family sedan that gets us from A to B.
    There's nothing special about it.
    However if we owned a AMG Mercedes C Class (even a regular C Class is not sporty enough to 'enjoy' its drive) then it would've been a stupid thing to comment on fuel economy.
    But fuel economy is the latest 'thing ' these days. I'm a regular reader of top gear magazine and they even mention the fuel economy of a 800,000 pound mclaren p1 in every issue.

    So for a family like mine, fuel economy is a concern. I don't know about other owners but we would like this car to be fuel efficient

    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #305
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sabih.Ud.Din52c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The manual suggests to be easy on the acceleration paddle for the first 1k kms and the brakes for first 300 kms.

  7. #306
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabih.Ud.Din52c View Post
    The manual suggests to be easy on the acceleration paddle for the first 1k kms and the brakes for first 300 kms.
    yes. thats how we should "run in" a car.. take it easy during the first 1000 kms
    however, we took it to islamabad the week we bought it. it was slowly accelerated to 148km/hr when i got a speeding ticket
    the brakes initially weren't that good. now after 15,000kms and sandpapering they're better.

  8. #307
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    We didn't buy this car because we had excess money. We bought it because was no other option. We wanted a reliable local car with safety features and basic luxury features and this the only car which met our requirements at the moment least price.
    Owning a 2.4 million rupee car immediately gives the false impression that the owner is filthy rich. However that's not the case.
    Plus this car is not a sports car that we can enjoy driving. It's basically a reliable family sedan that gets us from A to B.
    There's nothing special about it.
    However if we owned a AMG Mercedes C Class (even a regular C Class is not sporty enough to 'enjoy' its drive) then it would've been a stupid thing to comment on fuel economy.
    But fuel economy is the latest 'thing ' these days. I'm a regular reader of top gear magazine and they even mention the fuel economy of a 800,000 pound mclaren p1 in every issue.

    So for a family like mine, fuel economy is a concern. I don't know about other owners but we would like this car to be fuel efficient

    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app
    Thats correct, But i was mentioning those Persons who take hypermile as like a Must to Drive a Car, ofcourse Civic is a Family Sedan & the manufacturers knew it too when they were Making it, so The Engine was of a Family sedan & itself Fuel Efficient. Rest if some1 drives a JDM 660 Alto with Heavy foot it wont be Fuel efficient either.

    & i had no intention to Point to your Wealth Brother, maybe you mistook it
    All cool , Cheers.

  9. #308
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali051214 View Post
    Thats correct, But i was mentioning those Persons who take hypermile as like a Must to Drive a Car, ofcourse Civic is a Family Sedan & the manufacturers knew it too when they were Making it, so The Engine was of a Family sedan & itself Fuel Efficient. Rest if some1 drives a JDM 660 Alto with Heavy foot it wont be Fuel efficient either.

    & i had no intention to Point to your Wealth Brother, maybe you mistook it
    All cool , Cheers.
    oh no, you're not the first person who is saying this... everyone says this... even the honda mechanics, i was just making it loud and clear for the rest. this wasn't intended for you

  10. #309
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali051214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    oh no, you're not the first person who is saying this... everyone says this... even the honda mechanics, i was just making it loud and clear for the rest. this wasn't intended for you
    Hahaha, hmm, Glad to know i aint the only one

  11. #310
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sabih.Ud.Din52c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Im going for the initial 1000 km free inspection tomorrow. Want to know what they do? Any suggestions!

  12. #311
    PakWheeler Follow
    mybuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    386
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    After getting the car, we immediately went to the tyre shop and got yokohama advan DB v550 205/65 R15
    cost of replacement of factory fitted eurostars: 22,000
    Brother i have given 18k for the replacement with continental

    Sent from my ADR6350 using PW Forums mobile app
    AdDiCtEd To PaKwHeElS

  13. #312
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabih.Ud.Din52c View Post
    Im going for the initial 1000 km free inspection tomorrow. Want to know what they do? Any suggestions!
    Bro check post #153, 154

    Also ask them if your navigation system is due for a free update. My June '13 got a free update. However they said that the cars later than August were already updated.

    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #313
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mybuilt View Post
    Brother i have given 18k for the replacement with continental

    Sent from my ADR6350 using PW Forums mobile app
    Prices vary at every dealer. My tyre guy is expensive but has genuine stuff. So I don't mind paying 2-3k extra to get a non smuggled new set of tyres.

    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #314
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sabih.Ud.Din52c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I gave 16 k in addition to eurostar and got Advan DB v551 195/65/15.

  16. #315
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabih.Ud.Din52c View Post
    I gave 16 k in addition to eurostar and got Advan DB v551 195/65/15.
    Wow. That's quite reasonable!

    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

  17. #316
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mazee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabih.Ud.Din52c View Post
    I gave 16 k in addition to eurostar and got Advan DB v551 195/65/15.
    That's really a deal you got there mate , Do you mind shareing the shop name /address?

  18. #317
    PakWheeler Follow
    Abd008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear Omar_575

    I have never red 15 pages thread during my long love with cars and pakwheels, Omars are really positive critics apart from being very good administrators (having the same name its a self praise too). I suggest you to extract all the material of this thread, add some technical details, pictures and send it to some car magazine (if any in Pakistan). The best thing i felt in your thread is "its very easy for a basic car lover like me with very less messy technical details".

    However i felt few portions need your critic brain to observe for me as i am planning to have this car:

    hows the "view and blind spots" when you sit on driving seat, means i have a blind spot in my honda city 2008 due to its side panel. to further explain my point (in Jeeps you have a better panoramic view than sports car)

    second question is about its suspension on bumpy/ damaged roads (soft-medium or stiff like city)

    again i appreciate your very nice way of writing and love for cars, you mentioned you are a doctor, i am sure you will be very successful in your career Insha Allah and your patients would be very lucky because of your positive instinct to probe things......and mostly express them in a positive way in comparison to a negative mind who always complains.

  19. #318
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RL589's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @omar_575

    yar yesterday night i tested my car for the first time to chk the redline limit , i put the gear in D1 and press the full throttle , it goes to 6700-6800 rpm max i was thinking it will go till 7100, and the speed was 64 in first gear,
    posting some shots of my car

    the avg showing 16.5 is my tour to lahore with cruise control set at 105 , i experience engine manage better fuel economy with cruise rather then our foot
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    vtec roxx!!!!!

  20. #319
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abd008 View Post
    Dear Omar_575

    I have never red 15 pages thread during my long love with cars and pakwheels, Omars are really positive critics apart from being very good administrators (having the same name its a self praise too). I suggest you to extract all the material of this thread, add some technical details, pictures and send it to some car magazine (if any in Pakistan). The best thing i felt in your thread is "its very easy for a basic car lover like me with very less messy technical details".

    However i felt few portions need your critic brain to observe for me as i am planning to have this car:

    hows the "view and blind spots" when you sit on driving seat, means i have a blind spot in my honda city 2008 due to its side panel. to further explain my point (in Jeeps you have a better panoramic view than sports car)

    second question is about its suspension on bumpy/ damaged roads (soft-medium or stiff like city)

    again i appreciate your very nice way of writing and love for cars, you mentioned you are a doctor, i am sure you will be very successful in your career Insha Allah and your patients would be very lucky because of your positive instinct to probe things......and mostly express them in a positive way in comparison to a negative mind who always complains.
    Thank you sir for your appreciation. It means a lot to me, seriously.
    I learnt how to write car reviews from top gear magazine. They keep various cars for 6 months and tell the readers what it's like to live with them. Learnt a lot from that.
    When I read reviews of cars on pakwheels I see what's missing and when I get the opportunity to experience it myself, I just add stuff that wasn't mentioned before in a honest way.
    I'm very lucky to have this forum to describe my experiences with fellow car enthusiasts and when I get appreciation, the satisfaction is better than publishing a review in any car magazine

    As far as the blind spots are concerned, I haven't had an issue. The car is a bit low as compared to a swift or a 7th generation civic but so is the driving seat. So blind spits aren't a problem. However reversing is an issue and the rear view camera is a must. This is a blessing and I'm sure I would've a broken bumper every week if I didn't opt for this. The whole system is a bit expensive (at 60,000) and the quality isn't what you would expect. but it's worth it if you're not into getting aftermarket rear view camera and a better quality branded screen installed. I don't regret getting a 'very expensive for a Chinese system ' factory fitted navigation system. It's very useful and despite the rumors that a better quality android based system coming out I would suggest you go for this.

    As I didn't have a 8 gen and upgraded from a 7th gen civic, I find the suspension to be a significant improvement. The car has a better road clearance (despite having a lower seating position) and it's underside still hasn't had a major scrape unlike our previous civic (the protective sheet of which became loose after a few trips to the mountains). We have driven it on rough broken roads in the mountains and didn't have any issues. The suspension is soft and is very comfortable.
    Bear in mind that I'm comparing all this to a 7th gen which we kept for 11 years.
    But if you drive it on rough roads regularly be prepared to have rattling sounds in the dash - which are sorted out under warranty by Honda but it's still a pain.
    It's been almost 7 months and I'm very satisfied with this car. It has everything a basic family saloon abroad has and everything's working flawlessly.
    My suggestion: if you intend to keep a headache free car for the next 5-7 years buy this car. There will be minor issues which can be sorted out under warranty otherwise this is for once a locally manufactured car which is at par with the family cars available internationally - safety and comfort wise and it's not expensive to maintain. However , if you intend to be driven around by a driver it's best to wait for a few more weeks till the new corolla is launched. It won't have many tech savy features like the civic but it's a reasonable alternative for drivers ( provided it has an immobiliser )

  21. #320
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    @omar_575

    yar yesterday night i tested my car for the first time to chk the redline limit , i put the gear in D1 and press the full throttle , it goes to 6700-6800 rpm max i was thinking it will go till 7100, and the speed was 64 in first gear,
    posting some shots of my car

    the avg showing 16.5 is my tour to lahore with cruise control set at 105 , i experience engine manage better fuel economy with cruise rather then our foot
    Wow. You managed to stand the terrible engine noise at that such high RPM's... To be very honest I chicken out after 6000 rpm.
    I agree, with cruise control on and on a level plain this car gives better mileage.

    PS: that's a lovely color you have.. excellent pictures

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •